Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 360 361 [362] 363 364 ... 559

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), IC/Game Thread  (Read 417227 times)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), IC/Game Thread
« Reply #5415 on: August 15, 2013, 09:01:54 pm »

Valor approached Gregor and Charlotte, frowning. "So, we're finally headed after them? Great... Actually, I want to know something before we go. Charlotte, do you still have that Dragonstone?"

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5416 on: August 15, 2013, 09:04:10 pm »

@Valor:

: "Yeah. Why do you ask?"

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5417 on: August 15, 2013, 09:06:21 pm »

: "Ah, I can't say I've had the same pleasure." Olison nodded as he moved on to another dig. "Might not have known my own for as long, but he's had my back just as well. Even now, back in our home country again." He gave a cursory glance over to his horse, who kept a healthy distance away from Ormm while trying to scratch at the ground in attempts to find some hint of grass.

Olison paused as he heard some sort of commotion further uphill.
: "What is it now..." He muttered, looking over the dirt beds in judgement, "They might be moving soon, shall we see these souls off?"

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5418 on: August 15, 2013, 09:10:17 pm »

"Figured as much." Valor folded his arms, setting one hand beneath his chin. "I've been thinking... Everyone thinks these things are worthless beyond what amounts to sentimental value, right? So it doesn't have any constructive use we know about, or anyone except maybe Prixima could tell us about. And Prixima obviously has some kind of use for them if she has several; it makes no sense to collect them if they're just proof of lineage, unless she wants to be known as a thieving murderer, which I doubt." Valor took a short pause and deep breath before finishing his thought.

"I think... We should destroy it."

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5419 on: August 15, 2013, 09:19:43 pm »

: "I think... We should destroy it. HOHOHOHAHAHAH"

: "WHAT!? No! I promise, there is no scenario in which Prixima pries this from me. It will be returned to its heir. Eventually."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5420 on: August 15, 2013, 09:24:31 pm »

"How can you be certain?" Valor asked, raising an eyebrow. "Let's face it, we're a bunch of soldiers, mostly unbacked, with a grudge against a noblewoman in command of a fortress and its garrison. Plus, she's tough. Real tough, if half the stories are true. If she offs us, she'll take it off your corpse, and use it for whatever scheme she's plotting. If you hide it before we go, maybe she won't find it. Maybe she will. Maybe some other wackjob with the same idea finds it. Who knows?"

"But we can be fairly certain it has some kind of hidden use. Seems to me that the safest way to keep it from being misused is to destroy it. Besides. It's a frickin' rock. What's this heir going to use it for, a paperweight?"

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5421 on: August 15, 2013, 09:27:12 pm »

"How can you be certain?" Valor asked, raising an eyebrow. "Let's face it, we're a bunch of soldiers, mostly unbacked, with a grudge against a noblewoman in command of a fortress and its garrison. Plus, she's tough. Real tough, if half the stories are true. If she offs us, she'll take it off your corpse, and use it for whatever scheme she's plotting. If you hide it before we go, maybe she won't find it. Maybe she will. Maybe some other wackjob with the same idea finds it. Who knows?"

"But we can be fairly certain it has some kind of hidden use. Seems to me that the safest way to keep it from being misused is to destroy it. Besides. It's a frickin' rock. What's this heir going to use it for, a paperweight?"

Charlotte shook her head, trying to understand Valor's Crazy Mercenary Logic.

: "Isn't that doublespeak? You just said it probably has some kind of hidden use, enough of one to destroy it, and then you said it's just a rock. Even assuming Prixima was lying about their use during the Old War, I think there's something contained in these that's important to their family tree."

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #5422 on: August 15, 2013, 09:28:28 pm »

"Uh didn't Prixima say the dragons infused their power into it? What if it explodes or something?"
It's FEF, not FEOF

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5423 on: August 15, 2013, 09:30:01 pm »

"I dunno...destroying an ancient magical artifact - assuming they can BE destroyed - doesn't strike me as the best idea. I mean, what if it unleashes some nasty curse?  Look Valor, even assuming we can't defeat Prixima, and she or someone else gets the stone, that doesn't automatically mean destroying it would solve our problems. It might even accelerate Prixima's plan."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5424 on: August 15, 2013, 09:35:22 pm »

Charlotte shook her head, trying to understand Valor's Crazy Mercenary Logic.

: "Isn't that doublespeak? You just said it probably has some kind of hidden use, enough of one to destroy it, and then you said it's just a rock. Even assuming Prixima was lying about their use during the Old War, I think there's something contained in these that's important to their family tree."

"Okay, functionally, to us, it's just a rock. But, in the hands of a certain deranged madwoman, it is... Something. Likely something not good. Unless you have some idea of what she plans to do with the thing, it's infinitely more useful to her than it is to us. And whatever she's gearing up to do, she needs lots of them. So, the one you have is likely useless alone. And she might need all. Or, for her, it might just be that more is better. I really don't know. But I don't see any value in holding onto it."

"I dunno...destroying an ancient magical artifact - assuming they can BE destroyed - doesn't strike me as the best idea. I mean, what if it unleashes some nasty curse?  Look Valor, even assuming we can't defeat Prixima, and she or someone else gets the stone, that doesn't automatically mean destroying it would solve our problems. It might even accelerate Prixima's plan."

"That... Strikes me as an outside possibility. And these things were sort of weapons back in the day, right? Most people don't boobytrap weapons. Maybe their containers, but not the weapon themselves. Unless they're trying to kill whoever they're giving the weapon to."

"Uh didn't Prixima say the dragons infused their power into it? What if it explodes or something?"

"I'll do it myself if it makes you feel better. And... If Charlotte agrees. It's hers, technically."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5425 on: August 15, 2013, 09:41:44 pm »

@ Valor

"Curse was a poor choice of word. What I mean is: if these things were used as weapons, they must have some sort of power inside them. Sorta like a healing staff or a magic tome. If we break a Dragonstone, the energy will be released. Who knows what sort of effects that could have?"

"Anyway, you're right about one thing at least. It's Charlotte's stone, and thus her call."

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5426 on: August 15, 2013, 09:52:44 pm »

"I don't think we should destroy Tigerseye. Prixima is cunning and rather cold, but she isn't foolish. I think that they have a purpose, maybe they're a sort of divine weapon. If they are, then having one of our own would give us a slight step up in a fight, or it could be used as a bargaining chip."

"And like Gregor said, trying to break something that is quite possibly a very, very strong magical artifact seems like a bad idea. A staff being broken already has an effect like that, in part."

"But, off the topic of the stone, as it's hardly urgent. What are we going to do about that box? I believe that our orders were something along the lines of "Find and kill those mercenaries desecrating the tomb of my great grand-father's uncle" or something like that. We did let them walk away, so why not ambush them at the village while they're tired and unarmed, and get the box?"
I need to put something interesting here.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5427 on: August 15, 2013, 10:18:56 pm »

Derick's comment lit up Charlotte's eyes.

: "Derick... let us assume the opposite. Prixima was entirely truthful - aside from her 'family honor' bit. If the Dragonstones really do contain a fraction of their past power, that's just a fraction, right? Assemble enough, and you create a whole. Her library was filled with ancient manuscripts, some surely dating back to..."

: "What if Prixima is trying to bring back the very winged beasts that died out forever ago?"

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5428 on: August 15, 2013, 10:24:40 pm »

Gregor had been about to respond to Seyena, but...

@ Charlotte
His face blanched at the implications.
"Is...is that something that she could do? I've never heard of magic like that, but if that's the case...Well, we'd all be in even worse trouble than we are now."

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5429 on: August 15, 2013, 10:30:29 pm »

Seyena eyed Charlotte with a mixture of disbelief, and something else. She was unsettled.

"We've established that the stones are all just mere fractions of their power, it should surely take a large, large amount to even make one dragon. Even if Prixima has the means to do so, I don't think she's even found nearly enough stones by now, and I'm sure even more have been lost with time."

"Besides, like Gregor said, it's likely impossible, you can raise dead bodies into revenants, but creating a living, breathing dragon from scratch, No. She probably wants the stones for their power alone, if anything. Prixima wouldn't, no, she couldn't bring the dragons back."
I need to put something interesting here.
Pages: 1 ... 360 361 [362] 363 364 ... 559