Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 355 356 [357] 358 359 ... 559

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), IC/Game Thread  (Read 417170 times)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), IC/Game Thread
« Reply #5340 on: August 14, 2013, 02:42:25 pm »

"So, are we gonna get going after them or what? Standing around wringing our hands while the dragonstone gets closer to Prixima is not high on my list of priorities."

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #5341 on: August 14, 2013, 03:18:16 pm »

By now a faint 'thudding' noise could be heard. A glance would see all the (now slowly freezing) bodies gathered and Sal with a pick a ways off in the clearing behind the group where most of the bodies originally fell, breaking the frozen earth up. Another noise could be heard, but the heavy winds obscured it too much.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 03:21:04 pm by Xanmyral »

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5342 on: August 14, 2013, 03:18:53 pm »

"I don't think we'd be able to catch up to the stone, all of 'Lady Matilda's' guards were mounted, you wouldn't be able to catch up unless you were also mounted."

"Perhaps I could follow her? I would stay out of range, but it shouldn't be too difficult to catch up and possibly figure out exactly where they're going. It's a troupe of mounted soldiers- they'd leave a huge trail in the snow, and finding them would be even easier while flying. Salvatore, if he wishes, could also come, it would be safer for two to go than going alone."
I need to put something interesting here.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5343 on: August 14, 2013, 03:22:45 pm »

"So, are we gonna get going after them or what? Standing around wringing our hands while the dragonstone gets closer to Prixima is not high on my list of priorities."

: "Hiring someone to hire mercenaries doesn't really seem Prixima's style... still, they should be far away enough."

"Perhaps I could follow her? I would stay out of range, but it shouldn't be too difficult to catch up and possibly figure out exactly where they're going. It's a troupe of mounted soldiers- they'd leave a huge trail in the snow, and finding them would be even easier while flying. Salvatore, if he wishes, could also come, it would be safer for two to go than going alone."

: "Mmm. Seyena, I know you've expressed hesitancy with it before, but I have a lot of experience spotting tracks - even in the snow. Two flying lizard riders is doubly conspicuous. I'd be happy to come along if you and Ilya are fine with it."

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5344 on: August 14, 2013, 03:44:42 pm »

Seyena had to pause for a moment at Charlotte's comment, taking a deep breath.

"Ilya is likely far from frightened by you now. She would likely not have much of a problem with it, as long as you don't point any of your sharp feathered sticks at her."
I need to put something interesting here.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5345 on: August 14, 2013, 04:46:21 pm »

: "Hiring someone to hire mercenaries doesn't really seem Prixima's style... still, they should be far away enough."

"She may have had to." Valor said, thinking aloud. "Word has to have gotten out that all the mercenaries she's hired lately are either dead or wanted. That's not a job that I'd rush into, personally. Going through another nobleman, or anyone else really, would be a better way to get cautious thinkers to take the job."

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5346 on: August 14, 2013, 04:52:52 pm »

"Ilya is likely far from frightened by you now. She would likely not have much of a problem with it, as long as you don't point any of your sharp feathered sticks at her."

: "I'm ready when you are. Everyone else: this is just a scouting mission. If they spot us and recognize us, we'll run back."

Charlotte mounts Ilya and gives the ready signal.

: "Ready!"

Which is just that.

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5347 on: August 14, 2013, 04:53:50 pm »

Olison pondered the next course of action for a few minutes. But he did take the time to acknowledge Derick and Raquel breifly.
: "Good to see you're still well, Derick." Olison nodded towards him in passing. But he kept riding further back behind the group, out into the field until he was in talking range of Sal.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #5348 on: August 14, 2013, 05:22:16 pm »

*THUNK* The pick struck the ground, further breaking up the frozen earth. With a twist of his arms, Sal wretch the pick back sending bits of dirt and permafrost flying. Rolling his shoulder, the man prepared for another swing. All the while, the man was singing to himself. *THUNK* "...there, oh there, the snow doth glow. Loike ah fire, from ah thousand embers..." *THUNK* "...the land's great pyre, housed by timbers. Come, come, ta ah land we do know, there, oh there, the ice doth grow...." *THUNK* "...No sprin', no green, not even creek's flow, but this is the land we call home..."

The man stopped mid swing as he looked at Olison, too lost in his task before hand to notice him sooner. "Oy, sorry 'bout tha', yah need somethin'?" Olison, if he's ever spent time mingling with the more common folk, would recognize the previous as an old folk song about home and hearth. Not a very good portrayal of one, granted.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 05:24:57 pm by Xanmyral »

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5349 on: August 14, 2013, 05:36:50 pm »

Olison, as he was waiting for Sal to notice his approach, was humming the song to himself.
: "Haven't heard that tune in quite some time." Olison nodded, pausing for a moment in a haze of nostalgia before refocusing on Sal, "We'll be giving chase to the courier carrying an ornate box from the tomb quite soon." he summarized quickly as he dismounted, looking over the prepared digs, "Mind if I help?"

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #5350 on: August 14, 2013, 05:54:11 pm »

@Seyena&Charlotte:

And the pegasus went up up the sky.

And then east. They've quickly noticed Joz's footsmen, who were slowly going east as well, toward a network of de-snowed roads. From this spot and low height, there was no sight of the mounted unit...
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5351 on: August 14, 2013, 06:16:45 pm »

"Raquel! Who knew we would be meeting again. And now you are a sage, hm? Interesting."color]

"I wonder if that deal we did before is still up."

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5352 on: August 14, 2013, 06:33:26 pm »

"Hello, Tantallos.  It seems you've improved your skills as well.  As for the deal, I don't mind continuing it.  Is there something in particular you wished to discuss?"

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5353 on: August 14, 2013, 06:37:55 pm »

Growing bored and cold, Valor made his way to the plundered tomb, peeking at the entrance.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #5354 on: August 14, 2013, 06:42:42 pm »

@Valor:

Darkness peeked back at Valor, and some cold wind blew at his face, right from inside the tomb. In the dim light of a torch, he could notice few lid-less boxes in the corner, and nearby, an entrance deeper into the tomb.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.
Pages: 1 ... 355 356 [357] 358 359 ... 559