Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 72

Author Topic: Build A Village: The Orebaron of Alucard  (Read 99690 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Build A Village: Lordsmiths and wordplay
« Reply #510 on: March 24, 2013, 07:38:26 pm »

if we go with tusked then we can call them tuskies still.
perhaps the trappers have a name for them?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

SilverDragon

• Bay Watcher
  • For glory!
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: March 24, 2013, 07:53:52 pm »

For the guard duty, I say we have alternating groups of two out of the 4 useless guys.
Apparently coding DF is equivalent to slaying hydras.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: March 24, 2013, 07:56:32 pm »

i vote that if we do that the hunters help.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

kopout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: March 24, 2013, 08:29:31 pm »

We currently have very few food to spare.
The point of a potluck is that we get some of their food as well as some of ours, presuming they brought food for themselvs.
I also suggested to do something about the trappers and the ritual, but I said that we should also send somebody to talk to them so that they don't realize that we worship the God of Death, or at least until we know how tolerant is people regarding to it.
thats why I whant us to rember. sS that we know if deception is even needed.
"Karl Marx: Family jewels"
"Everyone's equally less rich than me!"
Quote from: Lezard
...although I've been having so much fun failing at this I just about forgot what my original aim was.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: March 24, 2013, 08:31:21 pm »

They also get some of our food, so there's no food profit.

Just social perks.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: March 24, 2013, 09:03:49 pm »

I vote for being proud of our religion and not explicitly hiding anything. There is no need to engage the hunters on the issue if they do not initiate it. If the they do initiate any engagement on the issue then our stance should be that we are committed to our own religious practises, they are welcome to their own religious views, they are welcome to join us in our religious practises, interference with our religious practises will result in forceful restraint of the offending party. There is no need to proclaim such stances unless the specific issue is broached.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

kopout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: March 24, 2013, 09:15:24 pm »

They also get some of our food, so there's no food profit.

Just social perks.
I was thinking that if they have a bit more than enough and we have a bit less then if we put all of the food togther and evryone takes what they need then it will all work out. Of course , it is a risk as we don't know how much food they have.
"Karl Marx: Family jewels"
"Everyone's equally less rich than me!"
Quote from: Lezard
...although I've been having so much fun failing at this I just about forgot what my original aim was.

SilverDragon

• Bay Watcher
  • For glory!
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: March 24, 2013, 09:36:36 pm »

I vote for being proud of our religion and not explicitly hiding anything. There is no need to engage the hunters on the issue if they do not initiate it. If the they do initiate any engagement on the issue then our stance should be that we are committed to our own religious practises, they are welcome to their own religious views, they are welcome to join us in our religious practises, interference with our religious practises will result in forceful restraint of the offending party. There is no need to proclaim such stances unless the specific issue is broached.
+1!

Evil Lincoln

• Bay Watcher
  • Is non-inflammable
    • View Profile
Turn 32
« Reply #518 on: March 25, 2013, 03:09:58 am »

Turn 32:

Site:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You try to recall how the followers of Fellhawk have been treated in the past. Indifference and suspicion mostly but with some violence. In the south where you are from large religious institutions are usually destroyed because they gather to much power and the warring nobles don't like having enemies that can shoot lightning/raise the dead/regenerate limbs. Because your cult has been small and quiet nobody has paid much attention to it, just like the other small cults spread around. Being a cult following a god of death has put it in conflict with some very fervent life cults. You think that a life cult following the god of life 'Prae' is responsible for wiping out all of Fellhawk followers in one city. No one is really sure though because the city guard killed them all and it is possible that the guards are the ones who killed the followers of Fellhawk as well...

You invite the trappers to share food with you as a gesture of good faith, overall you don't gain any food but it's a good social exercise.

You talk to the trappers a bit yourself to learn more about the region. To the north of the pass is a predominantly human/yolc region with a few villages and the odd town. There are also tribes of mungos in the thicker forests which have a habit of turning into bandits if particularly violent individuals decides they want to lead them, this has lead to some skirmishes. To the south (where you came from) is a large region composed of multi-racial city-states which are constantly at war with each-other for whatever reason. You segue into asking about religions in the north. The trappers tell you that in the north people tend to ignore religion since the common man rarely sees the benefits of their worship. The gods only grant power to a few so people don't bother. There are a few religious institutions in the larger towns though, mostly mana and life worship.

Inventory:

Tasks:

Population:

Settler's Wants:

Spoiler: Author Notes: (click to show/hide)

Informative post.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: March 25, 2013, 03:54:51 am »

Now that we seem to be developing nicely, let's have some idlers start making more spears.

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

SilverDragon

• Bay Watcher
  • For glory!
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: March 25, 2013, 05:34:36 am »

Agreed.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: March 25, 2013, 05:37:49 am »

Tomorrow. We will do palissade and spears. Now is sacrifice time.
Can we negociate sacrificing all non-edible parts of an animal instead of everything? Greeks didnt sacrifice meat. Only bones and fat.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: March 25, 2013, 05:55:53 am »

What are we supposed to do now? Do we need to take any actions? Isn't the next turn about eating and then sleeping?

About the religion, well, as the trappers don't care, we can do the ritual in front of them.

Is there anything that we should decide now?

Evil Lincoln

• Bay Watcher
  • Is non-inflammable
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: March 25, 2013, 06:38:37 am »

Is there anything that we should decide now?
Not really, I only had this break in between the updates so you guys could decide on what to do about the trappers.

Can we negociate sacrificing all non-edible parts of an animal instead of everything? Greeks didnt sacrifice meat. Only bones and fat.
Fellhawk wanted a sacrifice of burnt meat.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: March 25, 2013, 07:00:04 am »

People who support to let the trappers see the ritual: RAM, SilverDragon, Me.

People who don't support the idea: none

People who wanted information about how will the trappers react: Kopout
- as Lincoln already provided this information, and the trappers don't care about religion, this COULD be a vote for the first option.

So, as far as it goes, we are a tribe who is proud of worshipping a Death God.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 72