Michelle Bachmann
- 13 (12%)
Chris Christie
- 23 (21.3%)
Rand Paul
- 49 (45.4%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Pages: 1 ... 622 623 [624] 625 626 ... 667

Author Topic: Bay12 Election Night Watch Party  (Read 820780 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Election Night Watch Party
« Reply #9345 on: November 04, 2014, 11:03:25 pm »

Ok, it's 11pm and my GF is already out for the count. I'm going to go cuddle with her and try to ignore the fact that we're headed for 2 years of Congress attempting to impeach Obama, repealing the ACA, and generally acting like chimps flinging shit at the world.

*le sigh*  :'(

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #9346 on: November 04, 2014, 11:04:06 pm »

GOP has a 95% chance of taking the Senate according to FiveThirtyEight.com.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9347 on: November 04, 2014, 11:05:12 pm »

Lol, they're projecting Jerry Brown winning as Governor, I guess Neel Kashkari is that much of an unknown.

Still wondering about the local races for me though.

Ok, it's 11pm and my GF is already out for the count. I'm going to go cuddle with her and try to ignore the fact that we're headed for 2 years of Congress attempting to impeach Obama, repealing the ACA, and generally acting like chimps flinging shit at the world.

*le sigh*  :'(

We should replace both sides with chimps and the only difference is that the shit flinging will be REAL shit. lol

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #9348 on: November 04, 2014, 11:11:43 pm »

I actually kind of want the GOP to win the Senate. On the one hand, the ability to obstruct appointments will kind of suck. Hopefully nothing too significant comes up - I'll flip my shit if a Supreme Court Justice quits, I guess. But otherwise, nothing will change but that the Republicans lose a scapegoat for 2016 when it comes time to shake off the impression of being the do-nothing party. Yeah, sure, they'll point to Obama's veto as the reason why, but they're blaming Obama for everything anyway. Anybody who buys that (which is sadly a lot) is already on board.

Every Senate Republican who nabbed a seat on the promise of changing things for "the better" for their base is guaranteed to fail. Their choices are going to be to compromise on the issues they campaigned on, or tantrum and prove as ineffective as ever, and I don't see either being popular with the segment of the electorate that lets performance impact their voting enthusiasm. And I don't see anything else actually changing.

EDIT: I still voted Dem, because I'm not crazy enough to stake a real vote on this sort of mad reasoning, but at least I'll have some consolation.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9349 on: November 04, 2014, 11:15:46 pm »

And it's (basically) over! ABC has called Kansas for Roberts and Georgia for Perdue, both Republicans. If the GOP wins any of NC, Virginia, Iowa, Alaska, or Louisiana, they have the majority.

So I'm going to go to bed. And this thread is going to be retired before too long, too- probably when the new Congress is inaugurated. That's when the presidential bickering starts in earnest, and I plan on starting a successor to this thread to cover that.

Good night- and God Bless America.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9350 on: November 04, 2014, 11:17:22 pm »

... part of me is now wondering what the rules are regarding mid-term party change. I could sorta' see Obama letting out a great laugh, fell and terrible, and joining the republican party shortly after they achieve majority. Admittedly, something like half the republican party's brains would implode if that came to pass, but...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9351 on: November 04, 2014, 11:19:11 pm »

Eh? All you did was rename the usual American politics thread.

If you want to create a new one for the presidential election stuff, sure.

@frumple: I don't think any president has ever tried to do that.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9352 on: November 04, 2014, 11:20:26 pm »

I've been running this thread since a couple months after the 2012 election. After more than 600 pages and nearly two years, once the new Congress is in office, it'll be time to start anew.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9353 on: November 04, 2014, 11:23:40 pm »

I've been running this thread since a couple months after the 2012 election. After more than 600 pages and nearly two years, once the new Congress is in office, it'll be time to start anew.

Over 300 pages for me, but sure, it would be a good idea to start fresh.

The San Diego area results are being a bit slow to come in for some reason.

Edit: Dangit, looks like Duncan Hunter might win, kind of early though and the DeMaio/Peters one is pretty close atm.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 11:27:15 pm by smjjames »

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9354 on: November 04, 2014, 11:26:08 pm »

Ok, 92% of precincts in NC have reported in, and the gap is now 100,000 in favor of Tillis. :(

I don't quite understand where the hell all those extra GOP votes were coming from given her advantage in Charlotte and Greensboro, but whatever. All Heil Senator Thom Tillis. Now we have a matching pair of corporate shills in cheap suits and absolutely no real Senate representation. (Seriously.....Richard Burr is like the Senate equivalent of Clarence Thomas. I'm not sure if anybody's even *seen* Burr since the last election.)

Quote from: Wikipedia
Before his marriage to Susan, Tillis had previously been twice married and divorced to a girlfriend from high school.

That's some Grade-A family values there.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #9355 on: November 04, 2014, 11:33:04 pm »

Ok, 92% of precincts in NC have reported in, and the gap is now 100,000 in favor of Tillis. :(

I don't quite understand where the hell all those extra GOP votes were coming from given her advantage in Charlotte and Greensboro, but whatever. All Heil Senator Thom Tillis. Now we have a matching pair of corporate shills in cheap suits and absolutely no real Senate representation. (Seriously.....Richard Burr is like the Senate equivalent of Clarence Thomas. I'm not sure if anybody's even *seen* Burr since the last election.)

Quote from: Wikipedia
Before his marriage to Susan, Tillis had previously been twice married and divorced to a girlfriend from high school.

That's some Grade-A family values there.

You can thank Sean Haugh.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9356 on: November 04, 2014, 11:37:42 pm »

And with North Carolina and Iowa being called for the GOP, the Republicans officially have control of both houses of Congress for the first time in eight years. Congratulations to the lunatics! They'll soon be learning to be careful what they wish for.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9357 on: November 04, 2014, 11:39:55 pm »

I wonder how they're going to handle the debt ceiling when that can comes up..... We'll just have to wait and see.....

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9358 on: November 04, 2014, 11:47:40 pm »

I hope they take their win and choke on it.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #9359 on: November 04, 2014, 11:48:39 pm »

*Breaking news*

Ted Cruz's agenda: repeal Obamacare

I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian
Pages: 1 ... 622 623 [624] 625 626 ... 667