Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 55

Author Topic: [ISG] Blunderbuss: Nuts to the fuzz, let's go all Nancy Drew on this Biz!  (Read 139301 times)

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) Blunderbuss: Adventures in Alchemy
« Reply #660 on: May 08, 2013, 10:22:37 am »

Well played, Soli. I probably just pissed off my neighbors from laughing so hard.

*Solifuge bows*

Also, the last update has been re-updated with an OTHER STUFF footnote at the end of the post, since I've been lazy about responding to some in-thread questions. Can Flinds and Humans form babby? WONDER NO MORE!
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 10:25:09 am by Solifuge »

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: May 08, 2013, 10:30:42 am »

OH MY GOD

Select -> Invigorate -> Girl from cabinet

She looks hurt. If she's still alive, our heal spell should help her to her feet. If not, I doubt it'll do anything.

Check whether she's alive first! If the intruder is still present, it might not be wise to immediately whip out some magic. Then again, if the intruder is still here we're probably already dead anyway. Um.

Also, I suspect a trap- the most obvious reason to hide a body is to lull newcomers into a false sense of security, so they'll walk further into the house and into an ambush. I say we leave immediately and tell the Old Man- he'll know whether it's a good idea to bring the matter to the authorities, or if we should just get a fuzzy, dashing bodyguard.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: May 08, 2013, 10:32:50 am »

fuzzy, dashing bodyguard.

Bodyguard romance aw yeah. Soli, your worldbuilding can't stop it from happening!

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #663 on: May 08, 2013, 10:37:54 am »

I bet it's a prank by the old man.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: May 08, 2013, 10:44:36 am »

I bet it's a prank by the old man.

Ah yes, the old "Cadaver in the Coat Cubby." Classic.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: May 08, 2013, 10:48:43 am »

Yeah. Check the pulse, see if they're alive or not, or just unconscious.

We don't need a furball for our bodyguard. We can handle our own. Heal them if they're not dead. Otherwise, leave them and go find the old man.

((I feel like we forced your hand on the closet, Soli. :P))

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: May 08, 2013, 10:50:56 am »

Yeah. Check the pulse, see if they're alive or not, or just unconscious.

We don't need a furball for our bodyguard. We can handle our own. Heal them if they're not dead. Otherwise, leave them and go find the old man.

((I feel like we forced your hand on the closet, Soli. :P))

+1 I support this.

Also, you forgot to answer the 'how to elves work?' question. We need to know if our elven selves need to strip naked to 'feed' or live in general or not ( i cant remember if this was answered or not).

Griffionday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: May 08, 2013, 04:26:53 pm »

Our healing spell will damage us... are we sure we want to do it if there is a potential murderer running around?

I vote we check her condition and see if she's stable before deciding to heal her, and then leave for backup.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: May 08, 2013, 04:28:29 pm »

Our healing spell will damage us... are we sure we want to do it if there is a potential murderer running around?

I vote we check her condition and see if she's stable before deciding to heal her, and then leave for backup.
This sounds like the best option, here.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #669 on: May 08, 2013, 05:55:22 pm »

I still think it's a prank- after living/working with us so long, the old man is probably getting desperate, and the old 'cadaver in the cubbard' really is pretty classic.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: May 08, 2013, 06:56:53 pm »

Check the woman's life. Specifically, if she has one. Of the breathing type, not the social type.

If she's alive, heal any wounds. If she's dead, REPOT IT NOW. And don't act like a stupid horror movie bimbo.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: May 08, 2013, 07:01:54 pm »

-snip- that's only if we use Virtuous.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: May 08, 2013, 07:27:09 pm »

I can't help but notice one question I had never got addressed, so I'll pose it again.

Is it actually legal for us to practise magic around these parts?

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #673 on: May 08, 2013, 07:50:56 pm »

I don't think so.

From turn 22:
Is the cat a Familiar? You suppose it's possible, though that would make the old man a pretty serious criminal. Unlicensed spellcraft tends to stir up the hornets nest here in the Exemplarate. You know it's been a few generations since there was a full-blown Inquisition, but if illegal spellcraft were happening here in Dossent, it could make things turn very ugly. The kind of ugly that ends in a lot of dead people.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 08:01:44 pm by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: May 08, 2013, 08:07:53 pm »

All that says is that illegal spellcraft is punished heavily, and it implies that familiars are illegal. It says nothing about magic in general, and forbidding healing magic would be pretty darn stupid.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 55