Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 53

Author Topic: DAISY [Act 4: Voiceless]  (Read 67360 times)

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
Re: DAISY [Act 2: Drawing by Hand]
« Reply #345 on: February 11, 2013, 03:17:03 pm »

>Rin?

[Hey, it's Rin,] You sign to Hiki. His sightless eyes widen slightly in surprise.

[The girl from Art?]

[Yes.]

"Rin? Is that you?" He asks. It's starting to feel strange to hear him speaking aloud. Most of your contact is through sign, after all.

Rin looks up, eyes blank and glassy. The rain is coming down hard, and it's making her look even thinner as the wet fabric presses aginst her body. Luckily, nothing shows through. Her hair is even messier than usual, and her bangs are plastered over her eyes. You guess it would be difficult, if not impossible, to move the hair aside once it got into that position.

Rin wanders dreamily towards you. As she gets closer, you see she looks confused. "Oh, it's you."

[What are you doing out here?] you ask, not expecting much in way of an answer.

"I don't know. I asked some people on the corner back there, but they didn't know either." She doesn't seem to mind the torrential downpour of cold spring rain. It pours down her face, which is as expressionless as ever.

"Were you going to the convienience store?" Asks Hiki.

"I don't think so... Emi does most of the shopping. It's hard for me to carry groceries."

"Ah, I... See..."

"Not really." Hiki coughs nervously.

[Maybe art supplies?] You ask through Hiki.

"I don't know. I've forgotten." Rin takes a deep breath. Her expression makes it impossible to read if she's enjoying the air or if she simply forgot to breathe.

"Well, why don't you squeeze under the umbrella and come back to Yamaku with us? You'll catch a cold if you're out in the rain." Rin blinks once or twice and then shrugs. She presses in on your side of the umbrella. Luckily her lack of arms makes sure you all three fit. She looks at you blankly.

"Thanks." she says. A tiny bit of a smile shows up on her face. It's kind of cute, actually.

"You're welcome, says Hiki, and you all three set off towards the dorms.

Rin walks at her own pace, seemingly unmindful of your umbrella. You try to match your pace to hers, but she hardly notices. You walk in silence most of the way. The buzzing of the rain seems to put Rin in a even flightier mood than normal, her glasslike eyes betraying a sharp mind with their quick, flickering gaze. She looks at you and Hiki a couple times, but seems to have trouble finding the words.

Finally she speaks. "What were you two doing?"

Hiki seems ready to tell her, but upon seeing you hesitate he stops. [You want to tell her?] He signs quietly.

Spoiler: Daisy (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 03:56:29 pm by Karnewarrior »
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Sprin Dragon, Master of Madness!
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: February 11, 2013, 03:39:34 pm »

WE JUST TALKED!!!

and also tell her to knock when Emi has visitors!!
Quote from: Karnewarrior
HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS LOOKING UP RULE 34 OF D*CKS?
Sprin is certifiably insane, but there is no denying his brilliance.

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: February 11, 2013, 03:44:45 pm »

sure why the hell not [apparently we were out on a... date]

its annoying if something like 'this' spreads around the school... more often than not lots of people want to talk about it. either with us (which is annoying when you're mute) or around our back (which is annoying always).
It can't be helped I suppose.

edit:

and also tell her to knock when Emi has visitors!!

she... has no arms? should she knock with her forehead?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 03:47:01 pm by Talvara »

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: February 11, 2013, 03:48:01 pm »

> [Sure.]

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: February 11, 2013, 03:55:24 pm »

>[It's up to you. If we do tell her, she'll tell Emi, and well... Emi wil broadcast it from the rooftops, but if we try to lie, she'd probably guess that we're lying.]
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: February 11, 2013, 03:55:38 pm »

Another delightfully stammered and yet endearing sentence about how we're on a date.
Also, what the hell, we just talked.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: February 11, 2013, 03:59:07 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Thou art I, I art Thou.
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: February 11, 2013, 04:08:36 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Aww.  I was hoping we got better.  Then we could be even more of a medical freak.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: February 11, 2013, 08:18:20 pm »

>Yes

[Yeah.]

"Me and Daisy were out on a date, actually." Even knowing that this was coming, your face flushes a bright red. You know Hiki can't see, but Rin obviously notices. You hope she doesn't have a reason to comment, but you can never tell with Rin.

Luckily, she only makes a face. "A date?" She asks in confusion.

"Yes, I took her to the Shanghai. We had dinner." Hiki says, slightly put off. You frown. Surely Rin knows what a date is?

"Weird." She says. This only serves to highten your confusion.

"How so?" Hiki seems to have more gumption than you do.

"I never thought you two would be friends. Daisy can't talk." And suddenly all your confusion is washed away, and your snarky side resurfaces.

[Oh, I'm sorry I forgot to tell you.] You sign pointedly to Hiki. He sturggles to hold in a laugh.

"Oh?" he says.

"And you can't see." Rin says, still making her strange face.

"Indeed,"

"So I didn't know how you two would get along." She finishes.

"Well, she can sign into my hand." Hiki clarifies. Rin looks intrigued for a second before lapsing back into her poker-face.

"Oh, that sounds correct." she says. She exhales into the night air and speeds up, again leaving the comfort of the umbrella without a second glance. You sturggle to catch up to her. "You're both very interesting people." She says, as if she had never left. "I collect interesting people. Can I add you to my collection?"

"Uhh..." Hiki says, but you nudge him in the stomach. Something tells you Rin isn't a serial killer. "...Sure."

"Thanks." She says.

You walk in awkward silence all the way back to the dorms. Rin freezes in front of a perfectly blank patch of wall, which wasn't there last week. You saw some of the other art students working on it though. You figured it was their painting, but...

"I think I'm going to paint. I have an Idea. Except it's not an Idea. It's an anti-idea."

"...an anti-idea..."

"An idea that isn't an idea at all." Rin fails to clarify. She nudges a box with her foot. "Will you move this for me? Right here." She points out with her toes where she wants it to go.

You find yourself leaving the umbrella to move around Rins supplies. There are a few paint cans lying about right now, mostly blacks and whites, but Rin doesn't mind. She plops down without a word and gets started.

You return to Hiki, but... Rin's a good friend. You could walk Hiki back to his dorm (Dirty Daisy bad bad bad! Don't think such naughty things!) or help Rin with her painting (a alternative put for by the more logical centers of your mind.).

Thou art I, I art Thou.

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Sprin Dragon, Master of Madness!
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: February 11, 2013, 08:22:26 pm »

Sex it up with Hiki

no jk but making a blind man walk home alone is kinda douchy!

but it could lead to some fun.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS LOOKING UP RULE 34 OF D*CKS?
Sprin is certifiably insane, but there is no denying his brilliance.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: February 11, 2013, 08:29:14 pm »

Walk Hiki back, and then consider returning to Rin. After all, it's not like we'd... do something like that. No home run furst date.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: February 11, 2013, 09:00:52 pm »

Walk him back.  We shall succumb to the hot blood of our ancestors flowing to through our veins!

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: February 11, 2013, 10:53:47 pm »

Have Hiki help with the art and then walk him back.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: February 12, 2013, 05:10:58 pm »

Have Hiki help with the art and then walk him back.

+1
I need to put something interesting here.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: February 12, 2013, 05:34:40 pm »

>Can Hiki help?

Erm... It's painting. Hiki, being blind, is rather bad at painting. As with most things that don't have a tactile or audible cue as to what's "right". To be brutally honest, he'd probably be more of a hinderance than a help.

>Then walk him back.

You decide to take Hiki back to his room. As you enter the boys dormitory, you start breathing slightly heavier. If Hiki notices, he doesn't show it. There's some boys lounging around, playing video games. Or in the case of one boy, watching the other play video games and cheering them on with arms that end in stumps at the wrists. One makes a catcall, and Hiki deftly shuts the door as you walk by.

By the time you reach the stairs, you're heart is pounding. The walk is starting to feel so long, and the way Hiki has his arm wrapped in yours feels warm and tingly. You would feel like a princess, but the Stairwell is a drab grey and you're wearing sneakers.

The hallway feels so long, as if you're waiting to get there, but you're not, you just wish that you could walk forever, with him, but you can't. Finally, in front of his dorm room, you're bright red in places you didn't know you could blush.

You try to sign to him but your hand is shaking too much to say anything. You don't know what's going on and you can't get a grip and everything is shaking and it's wonderful and terrifying at the same time.

You can't take it any more. You reach out and grab him and pull him down and you kiss.

It's wet. And sloppy. And neither of you are very good, for being as old as you are. And he's kissing you and you're kissing him and it's wonderful.

It ends too soon, Hiki pulling away and smiling. He looks so composed and confident it almost shocks you when he stutters awkwardly. "Err... Thanks. I-I had a wonderful time tonight..." He's stuttering so bad. You think that, if you could speak, you would be too.

[I'll see you in class...] You manage to sign to him. And then you leave, not trusting yourself around him any more. You hope he goes back in his room before you fall over.

~O~

You're slightly calmer by the time you reach your room. You take a shower, which doesn't help, then change your clothes and do something you aren't proud of but desperately needed to do and also your homework. It's almost midnight by the time you feel calm enough to successfully go to sleep, even though you've been tired since halfway through your date with Hiki.

Your date. You squeal slightly into a pillow. Well, breath out in what would be a squeal, anyway. It honestly sounds more like a sigh. You haven't had much in the way of Boyfriends since you're accident and you were a bit young before that, so your experience is slightly limited. There was the one time towards the end of middle school, but... That's about it. You feel a strange sort of happiness as you fall asleep.

>Dream

It's dark.

Thou art I, I art Thou.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 53