Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 53

Author Topic: DAISY [Act 4: Voiceless]  (Read 67282 times)

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
Re: DAISY
« Reply #105 on: January 31, 2013, 01:53:28 am »

>Sit with the fox

You're already sitting where the fox was. There's even a warm spot on the bench where his body heated the metal.

>Notice the RUBY DOLL is missing

No it's not, you hid it, remember? You can actually see it from here.

There's another noise at the door. It's strange it almost sounds like-

"FUCK OFF KENJI!"

Almost sounds like Hiki. But you are quite sure Hiki isn't the type to use that sort of language.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 31, 2013, 03:06:59 am »

> Just wait for them.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 31, 2013, 06:27:10 am »

> Just wait for them.
> and do a little jig.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 31, 2013, 12:58:54 pm »

>Wait

As it turns out, it was Hiki. And one of his classmates, who was very obviously not welcome.

"Hey, man, just let me through you don't have sole access to the roof."

"Kenji I'm busy up here go hang out somewhere else!"

"Don't be an ass bro, you can join the picnic too."

Kenji's a scrawny, pale kid, with thick glasses that are more like giant telescopes attached to his face than any really helpful eyewear. He's wearing a gold and scarlet scarf, and you even think you see "gryffindor" on the tag once or twice as it flashes through the frayed edges.

"YOU WHO'S SHE?!" He screams, suddenly orienting himself on your location. As quickly as you could say so, he's next to you, thick glasses lenses filling your vision. "I never pegged you as one of them man. The clues were all there but I was blind to them, man, I should have known!" You struggle to stop simultaniously snorting and lashing out. What is this?

Kenji's at the door already. "I coulda sworn, man... You were one of us." Hiki is just standing there, shaking his head, sunglasses pushed up on his hair and the heel of his palm applying pressure to his eyes. "I never would of thought you'd be friends with a Norwegian. The picnic is off." Kenji slams the door shut, leaving you and Hiki standing on the rooftop, utterly confused.

[Norwegian?] You sign to no-one in particular.

"Norwegian?" Hiki asks the air.

Several moments pass as the both of you unfuck your brains. Then, shaking his head, Hiki turns around. "Are you there Daisy? I'm sorry if Kenji killed the mood."

In response, you rap the bench sharply. Hiki flicks out his cane and wanders over to where you are. Tapping you lightly on the shin, he seems hesitant to sit down, but manages to do so without problems. You wonder if he's ever fallen over trying to sit on a chair that wasn't there.

He holds out his hand for you to take.

[Hello Hiki.]

[Hello. I'm glad you came.]

[Not so glad about Kenji though...]
You smile, even though he can't see it. [He always seems to show up in the most unfortunate places. I heard they had to replace his dorm mate six times last year.]

[Funny how the rumor mill keeps turning, even when people simply cannot talk.]
Hiki chuckles lightly. [It was seven, by the way.]

[I have him in my last class. Every other day it's some new conspiracy.]

[And the rest of the days?]

[Feminism.]

Hiki laughs, but pulls his hand from yours. You sit in silence for a while, watching the snow melt... Or listening to it. Finally he puts his hand back in yours.

[I wanted to talk about something important. You brought the doll, didn't you?]
Thou art I, I art Thou.
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 31, 2013, 01:10:35 pm »

"So you gave me the note, why shouldn't I have, I've had it for years?"
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 31, 2013, 01:22:58 pm »

Don't give any indication as to whether or not we DID bring the doll.

"I thought you wrote in the note that I had to leave it."

Something like that.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 01:25:48 pm by Gamerboy4life »
I need to put something interesting here.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 31, 2013, 02:08:15 pm »

> Answer truthfully.

Some supernatural shit is going down, and rule number one of dealing with supernatural shit is don't lie to it.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 31, 2013, 02:16:35 pm »

Alternatively, act evasively.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 31, 2013, 03:53:35 pm »

Something like that.

This works. We don't say either way whether or not we brought it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 31, 2013, 04:43:36 pm »

Something like that.
This works. We don't say either way whether or not we brought it.
+1
Also works as a crude IQ test.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Nosaneinme

• Bay Watcher
  • It time to play
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 31, 2013, 05:00:07 pm »

Are we Princess Woona,Cause I think on moon and We have Underwaterbasket Weaver skills

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 31, 2013, 05:33:09 pm »

Are we Princess Woona,Cause I think on moon and We have Underwaterbasket Weaver skills

U wot m8?
I need to put something interesting here.

Nosaneinme

• Bay Watcher
  • It time to play
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 31, 2013, 05:51:22 pm »

U wot m8?

(English translation: You want me?)

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 31, 2013, 06:55:58 pm »

>Be evasive

[Didn't the note say to leave it?]

[It did.]

[So why so distrustful?]

[Why so evasive?]
Oh. Snap.

>think on moon and gain Underwater Basket-weaving Skills

You are now Rin Tezuka, and this painting looks like utter shit.

You slam you head against the wall (dry plaster, greyish white, terrible canvas and not calming enough for your emotions right now. Underneath is wood. You hate wood. It's brown and yucky and dry. Sometimes it gives you splinters. You hate wood. And wooden paintbrushes. Getting a splinter in your toe if you don't have arms hurts.).

"I hate wood." you say aloud. Emi looks up from her magazine, concern in her face.

"Why?"

"I just... I hate wood." You smash your head against the wall again. (you see yellow serpents and a face. You can smell jazz music in the air, and taste lemons.) "The painting isn't... I don't like it."

You can see the gears turning in Emi's head. (They aren't real gears of course that would cause irreparable damage to Emi's brain which would sort of be overkill in your opinion since she's already missing her feet. You wonder what the metal they're made out of is made out of. It's springy. Like a kangaroo.)

You sit down and start painting a kangaroo with pigtails. You're not sure if you want Emi to notice it's based of her or not; not that she's likely to anyway. If Emi is a kangaroo you wonder what you would be. A bird maybe. Birds don't have arms. But you can't fly. So maybe a fish. But you have legs and fish don't so-

Halfway through your kangaroo you realize you're painting a fish. Damn. Now you'll need a new canvas. New canvasses are kind of expensive, especially since you don't have a real income. You have to pay for the wood and the steel and the labor and the cloth that's special for making paint shine good and then men to put it together and men to ship it to you.

Some people would have their brain hurt from thinking as much as you do, you think. But for you it hurts when you don't think. Are you a monster? maybe that's your animal. A monster. A monster with snake skin and eyes and spines like those aliens from Halo. And you're you but they call you Rin, which is weird because you are you. It's weird because you should only need one word to show who you're talking about but instead there are hundreds. Language is weird. So you are You but wearing a mask that says Rin so people say you're Rin and you believe them because you have always been the You called Rin. So you are Rin.

You've painted the Thing again. It's mask is creepy. You've been painting the Thing a lot lately, ever since the silent girl with the DOLL showed up. She's weird. But then You are too, or Rin is. Both are weird. You're pretty sure normal people don't think the way you do. They think in right ways. But you and the Quiet Girl spend time together. You think you are friends. You hope she thinks you are friends too. You don't have enough Friends. Emi is your friend though.

You try to draw another kangaroo, but you slip and your leg skitters down the page. Now the Kangaroo has a wonky leg.

You move forward, thinking about how appropriate it is. Emi is reading her magazine again, content in knowing Rin without knowing You. You are fine with letting her know Rin. You wish she could understand You. But no need to force things. You'll just keep painting, and everything will be alright.

>Tell the truth

[Alright, fine, I did bring it. It was given to me by... a Friend. I don't want to let it out of my sight.]

[It needs to stay in one place until I can be certain it's safe.]

[What do you mean?]

[I mean that thing gives me bad vibes. I can tell where it is. I can't see it, but I... can. That's not right.]

Hiki stand up, breaking contact, and almost unerringly homes in on the DOLL. Hesitantly, he picks it up.

Then, in a flurry of slush and snow, he hurls it off the rooftop.
Thou art I, I art Thou.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 31, 2013, 07:12:40 pm »

Make a note of where it landed, listen to what he had to say(or sign)
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 53