Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 53

Author Topic: DAISY [Act 4: Voiceless]  (Read 67286 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: DAISY
« Reply #90 on: January 30, 2013, 04:17:57 pm »

Consider the possibility that there is a race of dream eating monsters, since Rin drew a similar monster. Look them up in the library.

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 30, 2013, 04:18:38 pm »

Ask Rin about her painting and try to smoothly glean information. Maybe she has the same dreams?

((Edit: I just remembered that we are mute. And she can't communicate in sign.

Fuck.))
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 04:24:32 pm by Gamerboy4life »
I need to put something interesting here.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 30, 2013, 04:26:03 pm »

Ask Rin about her painting and try to smoothly glean information. Maybe she has the same dreams?

((Edit: I just remembered that we are mute. And she can't communicate in sign.

Fuck.))

Isn't there a translator?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 30, 2013, 04:31:51 pm »

To the library
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 30, 2013, 04:44:48 pm »

Point at their painting, then point at ours, spell out SUICIDE MAN with our hands, not in sign language but just write the shapes of the words.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 30, 2013, 05:29:27 pm »

Looks like we're dealing with a reality warper here. Hoboy!

Talk to Rin about horrofic,dream-eating monsters and shit.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 30, 2013, 05:42:32 pm »

Where did our paper go? We had it at the end of the post before last, then it vanished.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 30, 2013, 06:03:08 pm »

>Ask Rin about her painting

You would but the loudest noise you can make is quiet even by mouse standards. You try jabbing at her painting but Rin is too involved in adding color to notice.

>Attempt to spell out SUICIDE MAN in the air

You would but the Kanji is way to complex for that sort of thing!

>To the library!

Sure why not.

You head down to the library. Yuuko is under the desk again, doing whatever it is she does down there. You heard she works two jobs, maybe she's sleeping?

>Examine piece of paper.

You don't know why you carry this around with you. You're sure it's-

It's not blank any more.

Meet me on the roof at 9 PM tonight. I have something to show you.

P.S. The Doll needs to stay in your room.

The handwriting is proper and fluid, almost like a old manuscript written by a Samurai. The ink is still somewhat wet as well; the paper was taken and replaced in your pack without your knowing.

Spoiler: Daisy (click to show/hide)
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 30, 2013, 06:34:01 pm »

> Search for books about dreams.

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 30, 2013, 09:32:18 pm »

^ This, but on a more specific topic, search for common japanese folklore, such as monsters or ghosts and spirits. Maybe we might be able to find what the suicide man REALLY is, as I'm sure "Suicide man" is a personal term of ours?

Also, go to the meeting place later, but bring the doll. It might be a trick, and the doll might have something to do with it.
I need to put something interesting here.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 30, 2013, 10:19:39 pm »

^ This, but on a more specific topic, search for common japanese folklore, such as monsters or ghosts and spirits. Maybe we might be able to find what the suicide man REALLY is, as I'm sure "Suicide man" is a personal term of ours?

Also, go to the meeting place later, but bring the doll. It might be a trick, and the doll might have something to do with it.

+1 and put the doll down just out of sight before you make it on the roof.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 30, 2013, 10:57:56 pm »

> Research literature on the SUICIDE MAN.

You've already done that, nothing turned up. Whatever he... it is, it's not any Youkai you've ever read about. No Oni, no western demon or Arabic monster.

> Follow the Note. Take the doll.

It's 9:00. You took the RUBY DOLL. Whatever it's connection to this is, you don't feel comfortable letting it out of your sight just because some stranger said so in a note he slipped into your pocket. Still, if he bothered to mention it it must be important to him. You move to set it down behind a corner, but a strange noise stops you. Turning, you find a fox sitting on a bench.

It's a cold spring, and small piles of snow are still scattered about, melting. A frosty wind blows from the north, ruffling the foxes fur regally. It seems to bask in the cold.

Hello, you want to say. What are you doing here?

You hide the RUBY DOLL and return to the fox. It's only when your foot slushes into a half-melted pile of snow that it's ears prick up. It still doesn't turn to look at you. As you sit down next to it it seems to smile, and then make it's strange cry again.

You've never really heard a fox before. You lived most of your old life in the city, and there aren't many foxes around the school. It sounds like a dog on helium, and you can't help but laugh, an almost silent wheezing that goes missing in the chill wind almost before it can even reach your own ears.

Something about the fox makes you introspective, and your thoughts turn to your own life, before the NIGHTMARES began...

You can still hear your own voice, the laughter and quick speech of a little girl. You're running right now, playing and laughing with old friends on a playground. The rusty swingset creaks and moans, but it holds together. Your friends and you spin around and around on a merry-go-round.

Mother watches from a bench, eyes closed but still smiling. Her hair is growing tinged with grey already; what a handful you've been to her! You're always so active, bright-eyed and full of energy. You're constantly getting cuts and scrapes and bruises and bites, but you never come home crying. Every new wound is a miracle to you, a sign that you're alive, that you're still here. Your mother couldn't ask for a better burden.

You breath into the cold air. It's not quite cold enough for your breath to form mist anymore, but you rub your hands together anyway. The onset of summer is good; the students at Yamaku rarely get a chance to play outside, the festival will do you some good. There's a small crack as a pile of ice topples over. The ice on the roof is turning into puddles. You'll welcome summer, but you'll miss the snow.

"Okāsan, why is the snow white?"

You mother looks at you, a smile crinkling her face. "I don't know Daisy. I guess it's just the color ice turns when there's air in it."

"Snow is ice?" You ask, amazed. You'd always thought of Snow and Ice as two similar but different things. They seemed so different before... But now, they seem so alike.

"Yes it is!" Your mother chuckles. You gather up some of the Snow-ice into a ball and toss it at your mom. It doesn't connect, but she falls over anyway. You laugh, and she laughs with you, gathering up more snow into a ball. She makes sure to miss too.

You played in the snow for hours that day, and when you got inside both your fingers and both your lips had turned blue. But Okāsan made some microwavable hot chocolate, and everything was right.

"Okāsan..." you murmur. But as always, the slight, breathy whisper you can make has no voice, no texture, and no power. You couldn't be heard by someone right next to you in this silence, much less in a normal environment like a school classroom. The doctors don't know why, but your voicebox is almost completely dead. It should work, but it just doesn't, and you can't project much more than a whisper.

And on a windy day like this, your breath is lost, blown away without any more than a rustle.

You realize the fox is gone. It must have slipped away without you noticing. Ah, well.

There is a noise at the door to the roof. Someone is coming.

Spoiler: Daisy (click to show/hide)
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 30, 2013, 11:07:54 pm »

Wonder why a fox was sitting on the bench, then go sit down where the fox was. If the bench was on the roof, that is.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 31, 2013, 01:17:49 am »

> Notice that your DOLL is missing.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 31, 2013, 01:47:30 am »

> Notice that your DOLL is missing.

It's missing because it's not in our inventory and hiding.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 53