Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: You are a Mage!  (Read 6814 times)

InZane

• Bay Watcher
  • [PIMP_CANE]
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Mage!
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2013, 05:31:13 pm »

Exorcize we shall be a mage that can beat up any other mage(or wizard)
1+ chaos
I PTW anything that seems interesting

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
You are a Mage!
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2013, 06:46:05 pm »

Using the last bits of day time to your advantage you set out to exercise the day away, after around twenty minutes of trying to do situps and several times smashing your face against the floor while running you give up. Making your way up the stairs with rapidly growing bruises and a bloody nose you find yourself collapsing onto your bed in no time, only remembering to grab the dream knife before falling asleep. After several seconds you fall completely asleep expecting to drift into your own dreams, but after a moment you find your totally aware of the fact your asleep, and the fact that you are not dreaming but whoever your visiting is.

Looking out from the top of a wooden tower over a collection of houses, stores, smithies, and the like that you know to be the town nearby, how you know your unsure of but you know it all the same. In the center of the town a few dozen people stand huddled in groups with a couple of the younger males holding improvised spears, wood axes, or rusty swords as they looked down the four main roads leading to them. Looking down the roads you see grey skinned creatures, their sharp pointed ears quivering for any sound of their prey, their blood red eyes searching the street greedily, and their small figures bent forward running along the streets on all fours with their weapons in misshapen claws or strapped to their backs.

'Goblins.' You mumble as you watch them, the dream dagger clutched tightly in hand, as the goblins close on the people you see a massive figure clad in black, and pale grey leather step out from the side of a house. Towering a little over the roofs of the one story houses the figure steps up to the edge of the courtyard and his voice, like metal raking against stone, carried to you on some unseen wind,

'Give me the onessss I ssssseek and the ressst of you will live to sssee another day. If you refussse then you will all die and I will take the onesss I want.

With that it turned, directly towards you, and for a second a you could feel its eyes boring into you, wanting to devour you before the entire dream disappeared and you drifted into normal sleep. Waking up with a shudder you jolt awake, sweat covering your face, and the knife coming up as if to strike an intruder. Shaking yourself slightly you crawl out bled and drop the dream dagger onto our bedside table. Looking out the window you see the sun coming up and think, 'What to do today?'

Spoiler: Personal Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Your Tower (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 09:07:25 pm by adwarf »

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2013, 06:52:45 pm »

Use encourage life on ourself, and run to the town.
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.
Right, the !!☼ARMCHAIR☼!!. I forgot.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2013, 06:53:06 pm »

To the town
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2013, 06:59:52 pm »

And carry Soneret's book. We can shove it in goblin faces if we have to.
Edit-or read from it in an emergency
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.
Right, the !!☼ARMCHAIR☼!!. I forgot.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2013, 07:18:29 pm »

Our MP doesn't seem to have gone up - Is that on purpose?

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2013, 07:56:13 pm »

Can we summon some sort of servant to help us fight the evil hooded guy?

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2013, 08:52:21 pm »

Well, we could cast Impart Life to get "one of the woods silent guards" to serve us. But that would require that we either find the reagents (One Elf's Tongue, Two Oak Hearts) or replace them with god blood. And we'd need to recover our mana first.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2013, 08:55:06 pm »

How do we learn new spells?
Also, we should work on learning more about the area.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2013, 09:06:19 pm »

Our MP doesn't seem to have gone up - Is that on purpose?
Nah that was a missed upkeep error on my part, fixing it now. You actually have 10 mp

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2013, 10:51:12 pm »

We might want to go to town and talk to the people- see what that dream was about, and ask them about the area.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2013, 11:22:18 pm »

Ok, we have the mana for that ritual, we just need the reagents.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2013, 11:35:27 pm »

We could probably get the oaks hearts relatively easy, the elf tongue is probably best replaced by god's blood or some other reagent. If we use our encourage life spell, we might even be able to get the oak hearts without really damaging any trees.

What are the exact specs of the woods silent guards? How long do they last, how strong are they, what will they do? How many of them can we have at once?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 11:37:00 pm by Angle »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2013, 01:13:58 am »

What are the exact specs of the woods silent guards? How long do they last, how strong are they, what will they do? How many of them can we have at once?

The stats of the tree will vary depending on your rolls, and the tree that you impart life to.
They last for as long as their bodies remain, using impart life (like most rituals) is a permanent spell.
As for the limit its pretty much as many as you with mp, and reagents being limiting factors.

How do we learn new spells?
Also, we should work on learning more about the area.
Spells are learned through experimentation, and old tomes or scrolls left behind or given to you by other mages. The earlier option being a very dangerous with a mage as weak as you, no experience and little MP leans towards most spells you create being useless to you anyway. There looked to be a few spellbooks in the library, study of them might uncover new spells for your use.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2013, 06:01:51 am »

Let's read some spellbooks then.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6