Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: You are a Mage!  (Read 6791 times)

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Mage!
« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2013, 11:46:13 am »

specifically search for books on summoning.
 - if we get sleepy again consider bringing your bed to the summoning circle and sleeping inside, since i protects against weak demons.
Summoning your personal fylgja into this world would be !!fun!!.
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2013, 03:18:45 pm »

specifically search for books on summoning.
 - if we get sleepy again consider bringing your bed to the summoning circle and sleeping inside, since i protects against weak demons.
Summoning your personal fylgja into this world would be !!fun!!.
The circle only protects you from demons inside it a circle to repel demons on the outside is something a lot rarer, and requires a skill with ritual magic and the dark element you don't currently possess.

Any who, the consensus stands on imparting life to a tree and going to the village, I'll wait a few hours more before I do an update in case you all have other preparations you might want to make.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2013, 03:23:55 pm »

Wait! First, we should harvest some oak hearts, so we only use one thing of god's blood instead of three. We can go back and use encourage life to heal the trees later.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
You are a Mage!
« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2013, 05:44:07 pm »

Running a hand through your hair you walk over to the wardrobe and get to work, several minutes later you walk out of the tower fully dressed, and clutching your grimoire and the book of Soneret the Mad close as you walk across the grass. Out the gate in seconds you pull the Dreamwalker Dagger from a small sheath at you side and set to work on a pair of wilting oak trees nearby. Within a few minutes the two trees have rather large holes in them, piles of wood shavings at their roots, and the two oak hearts pulse slightly in your hand with a faint green light. Shuddering at the fact you sheath the knife, and pull a vial of the god's blood in its place, the small trip to the magically encouraged tree is rather short.

Pulling the stopper on the vial you draw a circle on the ground and draw a short line to the base of the tree, putting the two oak hearts in the circle you clasp your hand firmly around the knife and began to chant in a low voice. The words you speak are of an ancient language created by the Fae so long ago, with your words the hearts suddenly burst into a light green flame that trickles out onto the blood and runs into the tree proper. Slowly burning the hearts the flames flicker on until the circle of blood itself is burnt out of existence, and with a small shudder the tree begins to move before you. Bright green flames appear in two hollows on its trunks giving a semblance of life to its dead features, with a great shudder the tree pulls itself free from the ground as its roots twisted into four vaguely leg shaped lumps and its limbs twining around each other to form corded arms.

That done the air falls silent as the tree sits before you awaiting orders, you nod slightly at the guardian and command it to follow you as you turn and make your way out the gate. Heading straight for the village you feel the sun's heat grow hotter on your back as the time passes all the while worrying that you may arrive to late to help if something is to happen this day, pushing the thoughts aside you struggle on with the guardian's heavy footfalls filling the silence. After what seems like days you watch the town's wooden walls peak up over the horizon and hurry your steps, the guardian changing paces to keep up. Within minutes you step out from the trees to a space about a half a mile long that seems to be ground that used to be the forest, the trees all cleared away for some reason. Expecting a rather warm reception, for sure those in your area had been informed of your arrival, you instead watch as around twenty men armed with bows rush out onto the tops of the towers and the walls, arrows knocked and ready to loose.

Gulping slightly you raise you hands, the guardian falling silent behind you, and a gruff voice echoes to you,

"If your a servant of Uordeth we've said it more than once, you will not have the children! If you're not speak quickly before me and my men make you a seamstress's pincushion."

Spoiler: Personal Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Companions/Minions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Your Tower (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 07:45:03 pm by adwarf »

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2013, 05:53:06 pm »

10/10 mana?

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2013, 05:53:45 pm »

Replies "Who? never mind, I'm Ensert Neme, I no servant of this Ordeath."
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2013, 05:55:43 pm »

10/10 mana?
GRRR >:C Fixing, you should have 0, this is what I get for doing a turn over three days.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2013, 06:07:42 pm »

Tell him that we are a wizard sent by <Whoever sent us> to watch over the local town, and that we have learned about this dark mage and set out to do something about it.

also, you forgot to change the number of vials of god's blood in the tower.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 06:32:30 pm by Angle »

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2013, 07:44:40 pm »

Tell him that we are a wizard sent by <Whoever sent us> to watch over the local town, and that we have learned about this dark mage and set out to do something about it.

also, you forgot to change the number of vials of god's blood in the tower.
I swore I changed the vials :\ Must of dreamed I did it -_-

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2013, 03:36:02 pm »

Damnit. All of a sudden, I really want to do something like this.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
You are a Mage!
« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2013, 07:52:17 pm »

"I am Ensert Neme, a great Mage sent by the Academy of the Order to watch over these lands. I have come to do something about the dark mage that plagues you!"

You say, hearing your words echo in the silence only to be answered by laughter and the voice replying,

"If only it was one of them fallen mages, me and the boys are going to let you in but one wrong step and your not leaving here alive. Open the gates!"

Standing with a puzzled expression on your face you watch the wooden gates swing open, very silently oddly enough, and beyond you see around a dozen more men, most of these barely past their fourteenth name day from what you can tell, holding swords and make shift spears in hand. Shaking your head slightly you wave your hand at the guardian and it falls in beside you as you march your way into town, the gates being push shut behind you by six more youths who pick up their weapons and form into a small square behind you. With that down an older looking man comes out of the base of the tower to your left, his face marred by several scars and his clothes looking ragged underneath the leather armor he's wearing, giving you a quick look he speaks,

"No grey skin, no fangs, no blood red eyes, and no barbed weapons with poisons all over 'em. I guess you are who you say you are with that big fellow behind you. We've been expecting a Mage to take over the tower in this area for nearly two months now, I think the first one they assigned got eaten by Uordeth, the poor bastard. But to explain somethings, Uordeth isn't a fallen mage, nah that bloody thing is the demon the greyskins in this area worship, and he's been getting stronger even did a raid on the capital Calith last week. Now he's after our children for some damned ritual, but we can speak of such things later if you wish, what is it that the humble village of Talinth can do for you?"

Spoiler: Personal Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Companions/Minions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Your Tower (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: GM Notes (click to show/hide)

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #56 on: February 09, 2013, 08:35:33 pm »

"Well first, tell me about this demon. How long has he been around, what has he been doing, what stuff does he have, who all has fought him, etc. You say he ate a wizard? Who was the wizard, what was he capable of? What all have you been doing to fight him off?"

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 10, 2013, 12:12:33 am »

""Well first, tell me about this demon. How long has he been around, what has he been doing, what stuff does he have, who all has fought him, and anything else you know about him."

The man gives a slight grin, but you see little mirth in his eyes as he fingers the hilt of his sword and replies,

"Quite a lot your asking me to tell you there, but I'll do my best to answer you. As far as we know Uordeth has been around for a hundred years or so, according to the records kept in the village goblins began to chant his name in their war cries around then. Ever since then he's been using the goblins to do the usual, reek havoc, steal children, kill witches & sorcerers, and pretty much anything else that would strengthen the goblins and weaken us. Currently, or at least according to what news we can get, a vast horde of goblins is assembling near Calith, perhaps to siege the place and strike at the center of our war in this area. Most of the men in the village were recruited into the army currently preparing for this siege so those of us left are a couple retired soldiers like me, and kids shy of their coming of age ceremony by a few namedays. Other than that all we know is that he needs children for some ritual."

Sighing he trails off and stares at the sky for a bit, you figure he's waiting for you to ask more questions so you speak up again,

"You say he ate a mage? Who was the mage, what was he capable of? What all have you been doing to fight him off?"

"Now theres something I can tell you more about, the mage's name was Yuri, he was a fire mage that originally had a tower in the area a few weeks back. When he found out about Uordeth threatening us he went out to challenge the demon, sent a letter by pigeon before hand telling the Academy about what was happening and that he would soon be dead. Marching out to meet the demon the second time he came to make demands the place all around him and Uordeth burst into flames as he worked his magic, at first he managed to drive Uordeth back but it was all a ploy. Thinking he was losing Yuri got overconfident and the demon ate his left arm, in a last ditch effort Yuri took hold of Uordeth and used some magic to teleport him and the demon to the mage tower. It wasn't far so the party we sent to help arrived just in time to see Yuri bring the tower collapsing down onto Ourdeth and at that exact moment Ourdeth ate the book bastard. That was pretty much the only way we managed to hold him off for this long ..."

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #58 on: February 10, 2013, 12:24:53 am »

Well, this dude seems to be way above our level. I think we should just try and keep him from getting his hands on the children, and maybe snipe off his minions in the area while we gain experience.

"Who was that that visited the town last night? What forces does Uordeth have in the area? Is he threatening to siege your town? Have you been attacked?"

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 10, 2013, 02:32:11 am »

Hhow organized are these attacks? Do the enemy appear have a command structure and what the type of weapons they have?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6