Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: You are a Mage!  (Read 6817 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Mage!
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2013, 04:26:29 pm »

The Great Wizard Ensert Neme
Master of Nature
Owner of the Book of Soneret the Mad
and
Collector of Rare Artifacts
+1
+1
Ensert Neme is the best inserted name ever, so +1.

Also yay, Adwarf suggestion games!
+fish
Yup.
+FLARGLE
You pyramid builders do realize that the pharaohs are exploiting your free labour, right?
The cats are cute, though.
And bacon is tasty. Was there any point in this non-sequitur?
+1
Why can't I have this much support on decisions I feel more strongly about?
 :P
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2013, 04:43:23 pm »

That's right! You are the great mage (wizard is the technical term when using your title, but you using mage instead makes it more unique) Ensert Neme, Master of Nature, Owner of the book of Soneret the Mad, and collector of rare artifacts yet for all your greatness they give you a rickety wooden tower! THE NERVE OF THOSE INSTRUCTORS, JUST THEY WAIT TILL YOU LEARN THE POWERS OF SONERET, YOU'LL TEAR THEM ... coughing wildly you reign in your temper and notice the sun beginning to sink below the horizon. Hefting your small pack into a more comfortable position you begin the last bit of your long hike to your new home, reaching the gate of the stone fence quickly you find it opens before you can even reach for the latch. Not long after you walk through you hear it click together and fill a small tingle down your spine, shaking the feeling off as nothing you make your way into the tower proper, the massive double doors at its base swinging open as you approach.

The first floor is a rather simple thing, a stone floor chiseled into tiles and what appear to be blank murals, a small well carved and lightly gilded throne sits on a raised dais on the far side of the room. The Tower Throne mages call it for every true mage is a king within his/her tower's land. Against the far wall recessed into the two far corners of the room you find two stairwells, one leading up in a spiral staircase that seems naturally grown from one of the trees, and the other a solid stone thing leading down to a heavy iron door.

Going to explore the rest of the tower you find a few interesting thing. The second floor has a fair sized library (nothing like the massive Academy archives, but it'll do), a few guest rooms for any diplomats or servants/allies you pick up, a study, and a small kitchen complete with a well stocked cupboard. The third floor is largely taken up by your rooms, a rather cavernous affair with a four poster bed carved from fine wood and fit for a king, the rest of the space is taken up by the hallway to this room, and few rooms you think to be warded store rooms for your more precious possessions. The last place you visit is the basement, pushing open the iron door to the smells of stale air you find a fair sized room, a large part of the floor taken up by what appears to be a fairly strong summoning circle, a few storerooms are also down here held behind sturdy wooden doors and a small underground stream runs through the back of the room.

With that done you spend a few minutes writing down the stocks of the tower in your study and find you have maybe an hour or two of daylight left. There is a village nearby about an hour away you could visit but there is a chance you might have to spend the night there, whether that be a good or bad thing. You could spend the time training your magical skills, recording information, or doing whatever you see fit.

Spoiler: Personal Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: GM Notes (click to show/hide)

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2013, 04:46:52 pm »

Read the Book of Soneret the Mad
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2013, 05:18:35 pm »

Sure. Also look around in the tower a bit more thoroughly.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2013, 04:52:29 pm »

You would do this, but Soneret the Mad was quite mad, even his possessions had the power to drive people insane. You feel your not quite ready to open such a dangerous thing, last guy that did only read one word but he spent the next month running around stark naked and chasing cats.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2013, 05:00:15 pm »

train with our Encourage Life
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2013, 05:01:05 pm »

Read a word and a half, surely you have much more competence than that guy and can withstand the sight of pure madness itself!
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2013, 05:11:39 pm »

try to use the dream dagger to connect with animals.
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.
Right, the !!☼ARMCHAIR☼!!. I forgot.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2013, 05:21:48 pm »

Read the book through a lens of transparent silver or something. That oughta stop the crazy.

Alternatively, not care and read the book to prove that we're madder than Soneret.

...Alternatively, just use the Dream Dagger.
Sig

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2013, 09:56:09 pm »

Train Encourage Life

We can save the dagger for when we're actually going to go to sleep.
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2013, 10:22:17 pm »

You spend half an hour recording the rest of the supplies in the tower, you find the cellar stores to be loaded with food and the like, and from the feel in the air its been warded and imbued with enough magic to keep it fresh till the end of the world. On the second floor your a tad less lucky, aside from the food in the cabinet you find a small book of recent history on the area, might come in handy. And finally on the third floor, after poking through a the warded storerooms, you find around eleven vials of what you believe to be the blood of a lesser god, at the current dilution they can't be used for more then ritual reagents but they can be used in place of any reagent.

With that done you head outside, hoping to practice your encourage life spell, and fine a prime target in the shape of a small sapling a little off the small path leading to the tower from the fence's gate. Sitting down before the tree, and taking a glance at the sinking sun you set to work, a green glow envelops you as you focus your will onto the plant. You watch green lights begin to flicker between you and the tree ... no no stop breaking your focus you think. Your first attempt flickers out against the sapling and you feel your mana drain away into the earth, but setting about it with renewed vigor you close your eyes and weave your spells with as much focus as possible. When you open them again you find the sun barely above the horizon and where the tree once was a massive oak nearly eight paces thick is before you, its gnarled roots wrapped around you making a small niche as if making a bed for one to sleep.

Stepping back to contemplate your work you think of reading the book of Soneret the Mad once again, but decide against it once again. Perhaps a lens of transparent silver inscribed with a  few runes will protect you from the madness but for now you'll have to come up with what to spend the last bit of daylight and a bit of the night doing before going to bed

Spoiler: Personal Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Your Tower (click to show/hide)

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2013, 11:00:06 am »

Exorcize we shall be a mage that can beat up any other mage(or wizard)

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2013, 05:10:33 pm »

I assume you mean exercise. If so, +1.
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.
Right, the !!☼ARMCHAIR☼!!. I forgot.

CyberUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Nothing satisfies—Attain liberation with vigilance
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2013, 05:14:12 pm »

+1, we have to be physically fit as well as mentally!
Slog looks overjoyed at this revelation.
Slog is a barrel of endless dopamine.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2013, 05:21:24 pm »

I fine with being a demon hunter mage as well(Yes I did mean exercise, thank you)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6