Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 68

Author Topic: Dark Magi: TTC, Chapter 4, Update 9  (Read 46244 times)

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Magi: TTC, Chapter 1, Update 6.
« Reply #90 on: January 29, 2013, 07:03:50 pm »

Chapter 1: Picking up the Pieces.
Part Seven: Good Idea, But Everyone Falters Sometimes.
Players:

Spoiler:  Helfd(Ghazkull) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Detani (Fniff) (click to show/hide)

-----------------
Known Locations:
-----------------
Suomi is a small town, that doesnt have a particular allegiance. It exports lumber and is nominally protected by its own militia. The people there are somewhat friendly to newcomers, and you're sure there's work to be had there.

The Tower, is ramshackle and old. It possesses few amenities currently.
-----------------
Note, all resources/items are placed in the Tower Stocks unless declared otherwise.
Spoiler: Tower Information (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tower Stocks (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tower Forces (click to show/hide)
-----------------
Events:
Samuel, Jerik
Of course. Magic. Why didnt you think of this sooner, it should be no trouble at all to use the Element of Earth to determine a relatively accurate map of the Catacombs.
[1,2] Samuel begins the incantations, sending out pulses of his magical power through the Catacomb walls. The earth shakes, bucks and roils dust cascading down from above causing Samuel to choke and flub some of the incantations. Now the earth is really rumbling. You both hear muffled crashes and panic slightly. [4] Fortunately it seems you're both in a relatively stable chamber.
[4-2] Jerik manages to perform a little reconnoitering after the dust settles and finds that there is still a way forward..maybe. As far as you can tell! But you have not yet found an exit. Several barred chamber doors, and heavy stones impede progress. And you're still in bad shape.
---
Detani
[5] Descending into the catacombs you begin to prowl about, kicking down doors or just outright disintegrating them, venting your anger somewhat. One of the doors you open this way leads to a loud growling creature, you square off intent on fighting...
(SPECIAL EVENT: CAVE IN!)
[8 vs 4, 5] You narrowly dodge backwards as a hefty chunk of rock breaks from the ceiling and smashes across the doorway. The shockwave causes you to slam into a wall hard..dislodging several bricks. There is a secret room here, and after a few short incantations you blast your way in. The room is full of gewgaws and pretty things you could probably sell for some cash.
+2 Loot Tokens
---
Patrizio, Maxine
[6,2] [4] You both try to get into the Library and alas, Patrizio makes it in first and seals the door with Earth magic. Maxine blusters and threatens but Patrizio isnt listening. Storming off in a huff, Maxine's temper calls a storm to the surrounding area, making travel difficult. [3] Maxine also spends some time practicing Void magic, but learns nothing new.
[3] SPECIAL EVENT: Earthquake!
Patrizio begins to study, unlocking the secrets of magic and growing closer to advancing..slowly, so painstakingly slow. The rumblings beneath the tower cause some concern, and you can hear faint crashing noises.
25% to Adept.
---
Sholan
[5+1] In a flurry of activity you manage to uncover the final secrets of the diary. It tells of the location of the buried library books, which rumor has it have already been found. Information of note includes several curious pages of 'notes' on ruin about a weeks travel from here.
Theres a sketched map that points to [3] locations in the Catacombs. They're just marked 'supplies'.
Also it contains his harrowing last words, written about how the nearby townsfolk have come to suspect him, and after the wounds he suffered in that ruin, he was too weak to defend himself. He took what steps he could to protect his diary. He writes that some of the Suomi townsfolk may have been seduced by the dark powers contained in his magical items.
(SPECIAL EVENT: Earthquake!)
The tower rumbles and shifts slightly, and you can feel tremors in the earth. Fortunately the damage is not too great..Or even noticeable at all really.
---
Helfd, Roland
[4-1] [5-1] You both set out, quickly being set upon by a ridiculously torrential downpour. Slogging through the muck and rain is difficult.
Helfd, not really knowing where to look, and unable to really detect any corpses magically, you decide to head to Suomi, and see if you could find their cemetery. [4] A friendly individual you buy a few drinks for at the pub tells you where it is. You could try to get there and raise corpses in this downpour. It might make the spellcasting more difficult, but you're almost guaranteed to get away with it.
Roland, your journey through the heavy forest in this downpour is a long hard slog, many hours pass and you might have missed the entrance you were looking for. Fortunately the other creatures taking refuge there helped you locate the entrance, buried under the roots of an old tree. You wring yourself dry and sneeze a few times,examining the place you find yourself.. You're in a dank, mildewy underground chamber. There are further exits but you are planning to dedicate some time to warming up and getting dry.

---
Events in Near Proximity:
---
An earthquake struck the area under the tower, it seemed to be centered in the Catacombs, as near as you can tell.
The heavens have opened, and rain is pouring swiftly across the forest. The canopy barely protects those beneath it. The Tower however, remains dry.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 07:18:46 pm by Terenos »
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 29, 2013, 07:21:57 pm »

Another Ale for the Gentlemen.

Helfd grinned broadly at the man next to him, who upon viewing the ghastly grin quickly made a warding gesture and drank down the fresh ale.

well that was a glorious waste of time.

go back to the Tower revive Skeletal Remains as Intelligent Skeletons and study the weird gem.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 07:30:31 pm by Ghazkull »

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 29, 2013, 07:23:02 pm »

"Ugh... This is not good. Hey, Samuel! We have some blockages in here. Care to clear them out?"
Jerik: Wait.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 29, 2013, 07:28:54 pm »

"I think I heard an earthquake, it's storming like somebody cast an unfortunate spell, I'm stuck in a cavern alone with rats and who knows what abominations, and I'm all but alone, excluding my Lady... This is fucking peachy."

This was a bad idea. Every inch of him knew he was taking risks. If he had any sense, he would go back to the tower and recruit a few volunteers to go dungeoneering with him... But then again, it was raining.

He lit a fire, took a torch, and went into the darkness.

Explore the exit to the west

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 29, 2013, 08:13:01 pm »

head to the Library to study

Provided failure to access the library:

Meander the Catacombs trying to find the rough locations of the 'supplies'
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 09:14:15 pm by CyberGenesis »
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 29, 2013, 08:13:16 pm »

(Just to note, I had imagined the storms essentially always being around Maxine's location.)

Continue to try to get into the library and study Earth Magic. If this fails, search the area near that odd clearing for more odd structures and the like which might hold more books or something.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 30, 2013, 01:23:18 am »

Sholan had finally finished the diary. Aside from a few vague notions where a possible supply cache might be hidden, the diary itself wasn't worth much - at least not currently. The ruins are a week away and, given the assumed strength of the writer, they're not to be handled lightly. The diary may prove useful when an expedition is mounted to head there.

In the meantime, Sholan noticed that the library was empty and decided to take a stab at stash - see how much of the Diary's inventory was transferred to the tower and not lost to the elements...
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 30, 2013, 10:31:02 am »

"Stand back."

cast spell to clear out a path
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 30, 2013, 12:06:25 pm »

Go to town, get a drink, listen in on conversations.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 30, 2013, 02:27:14 pm »

While the cabal was starting to resemble an actual group more and more, It was ncessary that we have some funding and some contacts. I decided that i shall do it myself, as seeing the effects of work of others did not leave me hopeful.

Go to town and look for work. Try to get a feel if any of the villagers would be a willing contact between the town and the tower.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Magi: TTC, Chapter 1, Update 7.
« Reply #100 on: January 31, 2013, 04:00:03 am »

Chapter 1: Picking up the Pieces.
Part Eight: I Thought Someone Would Die Down There.
Players:

Spoiler:  Helfd(Ghazkull) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Detani (Fniff) (click to show/hide)

-----------------
Known Locations:
-----------------
Suomi is a small town, that doesnt have a particular allegiance. It exports lumber and is nominally

protected by its own militia. The people there are somewhat friendly to newcomers, and you're sure there's work to

be had there.

The Tower, is ramshackle and old. It possesses few amenities currently.
-----------------
Note, all resources/items are placed in the Tower Stocks unless declared otherwise.
Spoiler: Tower Information (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tower Stocks (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tower Forces (click to show/hide)
-----------------
Events:
Sholan, Maxine
[3,4] Maxine, finally manages to sneak into the library first, and gets down to studying. Irritated at being blocked, Sholan descends into the Catacombs, seeking out these mysterious 'supplies'.
[4] Maxine manages to make reasonable progress towards the next level of magical prowess.
50% to Adept
[3+2] Following the instructions laid out in the diary you come across a room with a barred door, fortunately the book describes the way to open this door. Opening it is therefore simplicity itself, unfortunately the room seems to have been ransacked at some point. But the greatest treasure still lies discarded in a corner. You heft the staff and marvel as it thrums faintly with energy. It is somewhat less than you expected but of course, its been lying here unused for some time.
Enchanted Staff(+1 on spell rolls)
---
Samuel, Jerik
[4] Samuel gathers up his magical energy and tries again to use magic to clear a path forwards. And that is totally what you accomplish. Your magical muscle shoves rock aside and clears tunnels forwards. Pushing on quickly you find a stairway back up, and you recognize this portion of the Catacombs. You bump into Sholan as hes heading back up with his new staff. You are now more or less back in the Tower proper, and can therefore leave the Catacombs.
---
Helfd
Returning to the tower, you set out with an intent to raise the few skeletal minions the group has scavenged from the depths.
[2] Unfortunately your incantations seem to lack something, and you manage nothing.
The gem..Is cool to the touch and oddly shaped. But you cant really decide where to begin studying it. As near as you can tell, it emits no magical energy.
---
Roland
[4,3,1] Descending into this location you find many many barred or caved in passageways. You hear curious noises from somewhere in the depths but your progress is blocked by a particularly well crafted portcullis. You can see several skeletal remains just beyond the portcullis, flickering in the torchlight. You can still hear rhythmic noises deeper on. For now however, your progress is stymied.
---
Detani, Patrizio.
[1,4] [6,4]
The two of you decide someone should damn well better go to town and check things out. And that someone should be you two. Detani, you try lurking in the bar, ordering drinks and listening to conversation. And now you know far more about woodcutting, and general town gossip than you ever cared to know. These people rarely talk about anything 'interesting'. They are commenting on the strange weather lately.
Patrizio tries a different tack, hanging around with the managers of local sawmills, farmers in the market, and other people who might be more in the know, about work to be had. Theres plenty of work to be had tending to fields and of course, the ever present desire for more lumberjacks.
One sort of unkempt looking man sidles up at one point or another and mumbles something about 'unorthodox' work. He slips you a scrap of paper with a time and a place. Presumably a meeting of sorts.

You do find a fellow who seems eager to act as a go between for you. Hes a bit of a layabout, but its not as though you'll need a huge amount of actual 'work' from him.

---
Events in Near Proximity:
---
The torrential downpour has ceased, for now.
[2+1] Theres a cloaked guy in town, asking a lot of questions about people passing through town. He seems to be looking for someone in particular.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 31, 2013, 04:34:33 am »

train in my sword style
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 01:01:38 pm by scapheap »
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 31, 2013, 09:32:18 am »

While looking around for some way to make money, I was approached by a stranger that passed me a note with details for a meeting. I was sure that I would not pass up such an opportunity. The shifty fellow that decided ot act as a go between in the town for us would be useful too.

Tell the contact guy to sit tight for now and await my specific instructions. He will be paid for his work. Follow the instructions on the nte and go to the meeting.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 31, 2013, 12:01:37 pm »

go in the library and study, explode the bones of  whomever tries to stop me via some dirty tricks (tripping for example...).
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 12:03:30 pm by Ghazkull »

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 31, 2013, 03:40:02 pm »

Jerik: Leave the Salamander hunting for later. Find an apartment in the tower to sleep in, and rest/heal up.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 68