Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 68

Author Topic: Dark Magi: TTC, Chapter 4, Update 9  (Read 46238 times)

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Magi: TTC, Chapter 1, Update 4.
« Reply #75 on: January 29, 2013, 04:59:13 am »

The residual power lingering over the books of their fromer owner bode well for us, and I was full of excitment. Roland too was amazed at what we found and wasted scarcely any time to get to books themselves. I remembered to mark the place of the former tower on a map - this time I would create my own, forcing the stones in the wall of our library to arrange themselves into a definitive picture of what we discover and marked the position of the old tower on it.
This seemed to be a fitting start for my library.

Create a more detailed and bigger map of our surroundings in place of the old faded one and mark the position of the old tower.
Look over the library and tidy it up/index all writings for ease in research and exapnsion of size.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 29, 2013, 05:49:10 am »

Let's see, "On the Nature of Ghouls", Patrizio is that Blood or Bone Magic? Ach i just put it under general Death Magic.

Helfd helps Patrizio with ordering the Library to ease research.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 29, 2013, 09:55:40 am »

Look for a suitable book on a different style of magic (Any will do) and study it. Just to make ourselves useful in other areas.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 29, 2013, 12:45:01 pm »

Chapter 1: Picking up the Pieces.
Part Six: Ah, fighting over the Library, it takes me back!.
Players:

Spoiler:  Helfd(Ghazkull) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Detani (Fniff) (click to show/hide)

-----------------
Known Locations:
-----------------
Suomi is a small town, that doesnt have a particular allegiance. It exports lumber and is nominally protected by its own militia. The people there are somewhat friendly to newcomers, and you're sure there's work to be had there.

The Tower, is ramshackle and old. It possesses few amenities currently.
-----------------
Note, all resources/items are placed in the Tower Stocks unless declared otherwise.
Spoiler: Tower Information (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tower Stocks (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tower Forces (click to show/hide)
-----------------
Events:
Samuel, Jerik
The bandaging staunches the flow of blood, for now. But Jerik is in a bad way.
[6,1] [3-1] You try to track the salamander, or find a way out..And you manage to find a way back up at least 1 flight of stairs. You may however, have lost track of where you, and those skeletal remains were. Unfortunately this level doesnt look overly familiar either.
---
Roland, Maxine, Detani
[4,1,3] Without even a second thought, Roland seizes the library and bars the door, forcing Maxine and Detani to find something else to do for now.
[3-1] Unfortunately, Detani managed to snag a few books before the library was barred, and this severely curtails Roland's ability to do any studying.
[2-2] The books Detani pilfered barely manage to make even a little sense without other reference materials available in the library.
---
Patrizio, Helfd
[4,1+1,3] You bend the magic of Earth towards the tower walls, and force it to sculpt itself slightly outwards, describing the lay of the land and the points of interest you are aware of. Which is mostly Suomi for right now. This map will be somewhat more difficult to update than one on parchment, but hey, you're a wizard.
Your combined efforts to create an index system for the library fail magnificently,as the library already has one, and both of you are at a complete loss as to how to improve on it.
---
Sholan
[3+1], You make great strides in deciphering more of this diary. There are many hints within the diary about the writer's study of Death Magic. And also tantalizing passages that seem to describe the writer hiding several things so they would not be destroyed.
40% of Diary deciphered.
---
Events in Near Proximity:
---
None for now.

Please Note, ONE person may use the library per turn, for study/research purposes. And if more than one person goes for it, higher roll on a d6 gets it. Lower rolls might however, interfere.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 12:47:17 pm by Terenos »
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Magi: TTC, Chapter 1, Update 5.
« Reply #79 on: January 29, 2013, 12:57:15 pm »

Jerik: More cautious advancement!
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 03:39:27 pm by OREOSOME »
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 29, 2013, 01:03:39 pm »

Cast spell to map the Catacombs through tremors.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 29, 2013, 01:21:24 pm »

Spoiler: Detani's Diary (click to show/hide)

Go into the catacombs and scavenge for interesting objects, then go to the nearest pub in town and see if there is any information going around.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 29, 2013, 02:47:21 pm »

The books were indexed and ordered by their old owner and seemed to be a nice collection of tomes, perfect for a Cabal of apprentices. While roles did not seem to be divided up, I decided to take on the role of the librarian and do some more studies in the sphere of Earth. I sure as hell wasn't going to allow these tomes to be scattered ot four winds, knowing how people handle them.

Patrizio becomes a self-declared librarian. Research Earth sphere for advancement in the level.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 29, 2013, 03:54:37 pm »

Disgusted by the lack of cooperation of the others - Detani's raid in the library had prevented him from doing anything productive for hours - Roland left the tower after a look at the map, determined to do something useful.

Visit the second unidentified spot on the map

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 29, 2013, 04:21:17 pm »

((at work, may or may not fluff))

Continue diary decoding
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 29, 2013, 04:26:29 pm »

Go exploring for abandoned Crypts,Grave Mounds,Cemetries and raise ALLL the corpses there.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 29, 2013, 04:28:22 pm »

Wonder what fell forces prevent multiple people from reading from a multitude of books at the same time.

Get to the library first, research Earth magic.
Practice Void magic to help make sure no one else tries to oppose me...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 29, 2013, 05:02:24 pm »

How many copies of Woddely's Magical Primer do you have? You're all apprentices, trying to move to Adept (2nd rank). You'd therefore all need to be performing the same studying, on the same books, which you have a limited supply of.

Now, your post -seems- to imply you'll use magic to fight anyone who tries for the library, is this the case?
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 29, 2013, 05:12:53 pm »

It would appear that someone was trying to invade my library - I would not let that happen.

Protect the Library. Remove anyone who tries to attack me or take Woddely's Magical Primer away from me.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 05:27:39 pm by Ardas »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 29, 2013, 05:23:32 pm »

How many copies of Woddely's Magical Primer do you have? You're all apprentices, trying to move to Adept (2nd rank). You'd therefore all need to be performing the same studying, on the same books, which you have a limited supply of.
Oh. We're not ready for the separate primers for each of the various subschools or whatever yet?

Now, your post -seems- to imply you'll use magic to fight anyone who tries for the library, is this the case?
Not unless someone tries to call my bluff.
...Probably not even then, actually, unless they're really annoying.
(Or, to make it clear: Probably not, but I'll threaten to)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 68