Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 68

Author Topic: Dark Magi: TTC, Chapter 4, Update 9  (Read 46240 times)

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Magi: TTC, Chapter 1, Update 7.
« Reply #105 on: January 31, 2013, 03:40:16 pm »

New toy in tow, Sholan continues through the catacombs attempting to find the other supply caches.

Maybe he'll find the, strangely, MIA members of the tower in the process
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 31, 2013, 04:02:31 pm »

Inform the others of this location's existence, before returning to explore the way to the east
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 06:19:43 pm by Shootandrun »

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 31, 2013, 04:14:09 pm »

Search around for any travelers to hear the news of afar if this town is really that dull.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 31, 2013, 05:03:36 pm »

Continue studying Earth magic. If I lose the roll to study there, swipe an unused Earth Magic book and read it even if I'm not yet advanced enough to understand all the principles.

((How long is each turn, give or take?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 31, 2013, 05:15:38 pm »

train in my sword style
If Maxine failed with the library roll, Tutor him on earth magic((I'm planing on learning void so I scrack your back...))
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 31, 2013, 06:56:59 pm »

Chapter 1: Picking up the Pieces.
Part Nine: Stuff Happens.
Players:

Spoiler:  Helfd(Ghazkull) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Detani (Fniff) (click to show/hide)

-----------------
Known Locations:
-----------------
Suomi is a small town, that doesnt have a particular allegiance. It exports lumber and is nominally protected by its own militia. The people there are somewhat friendly to newcomers, and you're sure there's work to be had there.
The Tower, is ramshackle and old. It possesses few amenities currently.
-----------------
Note, all resources/items are placed in the Tower Stocks unless declared otherwise.
Spoiler: Tower Information (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tower Stocks (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tower Forces (click to show/hide)
-----------------
Events:
Sholan
[3-2] Your attempts to find the second supply cache are hindered greatly by the ...renovations to the catacombs. Many paths that should exist dont anymore, and as near as you can tell, you cannot reach the second supply cache.
[4] You hear a hissing noise behind you and turn to find a Wounded Giant Salamander!
[Battle!]
[4+2 vs 5] You raise your staff high and perform the incantations, trying to bludgeon the Salamander into submission with the sheer force of your magic. It makes a strange noise and thrashes about, barely missing you as you dodge backwards.
Throwing caution to the winds you stride forward to bludgeon it with the staff, [3v2-1] You strike it soundly wherever you can reach. Clearly you wont be winning any strength competitions but after a few heavy blows with your staff the Salamander stops moving. You note it appears to have several wounds across its body, and it was losing a lot of blood. On a whim, you have the skeletons drag its corpse to the store rooms.
---
Maxine, Helfd
[3 vs 5] Helfd manages to secure the library this week, due to his outright willingness to just straight up murder anyone who tries to get in his way.
[5] Showing off his prowess in the dark arts, Helfd powers through most of his studying in one fell swoop, making amazing connections and insights rather than dully slogging through the reference material provided.
75% to Adept.
[6,2] Maxine purloins a few books, somehow managing to not interfere with Helfd's studies. You derive several insights from the material you have access to, and bring yourself somewhat closer to the rank of Adept.
(Total 70% to Adept)
---
Samuel
[3] You spend some time practicing your swordwork, getting back into your old habits. After all, the group might have need of your strong right arm in the future. You're making progress but it will take more time before you're as good as you used to be.
---
Jerik
[4] You spend time resting and recovering. Eating and drinking in abundance and double checking your wound. Fortunately the wound has not become infected and you take some care to clean it and re-dress it. You shouldnt have any lingering problems.
---
Roland
[4,4] More exploration by flickering torchlight, you pass through rooms empty save for dust and old animal bones. There seems to be very little down this branch, and the only other remaining one that you havent checked, dead ends about 20 feet down in a rockslide.
Dejected you stalk back to the entrance, intent on returning home. Click.
Did something just go click? You drop and roll backwards, trying to avoid whatever it was, while tales told by adventurers of dangerous traps fill your head. After a few minutes of calm introspection on the dusty floor, you peer around and find a small alcove has opened. Within, is a set of skeletal remains, wearing a set of leather gloves that are adorned with faint runic sigils.
---
Detani, Patrizio.
[?,?,?] Barring any actual real travelers passing through these days, you decide to talk to the cloaked figure hanging out at the inn. He is heavily dressed considering it is high summer. He considers you very closely when you approach and greets you in a totally neutral manner.
You talk for hours about the surrounding lands. There is a shortage of foodstuffs in the nearby city of Camarr. And several royal missives have been sent authorizing shipments of bows and arrows, almost free for the asking to the woodland regions, in the hopes that bounties of freshly killed game will help to stave off starvation until the harvest. One should be arriving here soon, but hasnt. He also mentions that there is a lot of rumors abounding about warfare and pestilence to the southeast. Some of the migrants are calling it the work of the Cabal of the Despoiler. You talk about adventuring and how you wanted to see the world. You picked this location in the 'Border kingdoms' because you felt it offered you and your companions a good chance to see some real adventure. He nods a lot and asks if you've seen anything nearby that would hint at the lost shipment. After you decline, he thanks you for the wonderful chat, and excuses himself.

[?,?,?] Patrizio, the site of the meeting is an abandoned warehouse in the center of the towns commercial district. That alone is curious, and when you enter you are accosted by 4 thugs stepping out of the shadows. Not being much of a brawler and noticing they are carrying clubs with hostile seeming intent, you make to flee.
Within moments you are back on the streets, and they do not pursue you. The nagging feeling in the back of your mind that you're being followed isnt helping in the slightest.
---
Events in Near Proximity:
---
None Currently Observed.
---
Turns are about 2-3 days currently.
Kindly do -not- split your actions into multiple posts. And you cannot tutor someone in an element unless they have the capacity to learn another element. Since you're all Apprentices, you can have a total of 1 Element. And you all have one.
Adepts can have 2 elements.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 07:03:17 pm by Terenos »
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Magi: TTC, Chapter 1, Update 8.
« Reply #111 on: January 31, 2013, 07:03:41 pm »

Roland frowned. Without much hesitation, he went into the alcove and knelt besides the gauntlet.

Examine the gauntlet - what kind of runes are these? Am I going to explode / end up in a notoriously uncomfortable state of being (ie - being on fire, being frozen, being poisoned, being cursed, being paralysed, being dead, etc.)
If the answer to the latter question is no, put them on.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 31, 2013, 07:08:22 pm »

The sound of air being slice could be heard.

Carry on with my sword training
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 31, 2013, 07:09:07 pm »

Jerik Noticed the Salamander being carried by the skeletons. It was only then he realized he wouldn't be able to revive it as a servant.
"Korit be damned. Well... Hmm... Might as well get ready to be able to do that."
Jerik: Wait until the two in the library are done studying, then begin attempting to ascend to Adept level. But in the Meantime, experiment on multiple corpse revivals. As in, combine some skeletons, and try and raise it.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 07:16:32 pm by OREOSOME »
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 31, 2013, 07:10:06 pm »

Continue my Studies with the same reckless regard for other human beings...or unhuman beings afterwards go to the town and buy Axes and Carpenting tools for our Skeletal Minions, as well as possibly bows and arrows

« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 07:16:52 pm by Ghazkull »

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 31, 2013, 07:13:28 pm »

I would also advise, in the event you go for the library, you also include a backup action in the event you dont get into the library.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 31, 2013, 07:25:48 pm »

Try to make it into the library to continue study. If this fails, continue non-library study.

((I'll head into the catacombs once I hit the Adept level.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 31, 2013, 07:30:24 pm »

If no more of the catacombs can currently be traversed to access the other supplies, return to the tower and make an attempt at the library

if that fails, Study the salamander corpse for Raisability, if viable - try
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 07:45:41 pm by CyberGenesis »
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 01, 2013, 02:39:43 pm »

It seemed that there were elements in the town that already held the position of the underground. We would need ot turf them out, but we needed to establish a legitimate front for ourselves. for now, i decided ot go through the old tower foundations where we found the books.

Go to the round clearing and using earth magic scan the ground for any items or recoverable building stone. try to open up the ground to see or get something out if found.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 01, 2013, 06:13:23 pm »

Spoiler: Detani's Diary (click to show/hide)

See if there's any food going cheap here, any available transport, and see if there's any word about bandit attacks in the recent area/signs of a battle on the roads.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 68