Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 75

Author Topic: RTD 3 -- Space Wizards for Real  (Read 66772 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD 3 -- Space Wizards for Real
« Reply #930 on: August 08, 2014, 02:24:44 pm »

((Studying. I also wasn't sure of what I should be doing (sleeping vs going about my business, that is).))

If rested, wake up and go repair the damage caused by any teammates, followed by berating them and training plasma whip. If not rested, keep sleeping.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 02:35:03 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: August 10, 2014, 01:02:49 pm »

Today was a long day, time to get rested. A gentleman must be ever alert.

Go to sleep.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: August 10, 2014, 02:32:37 pm »

Roll 99

Spoiler: superBlast, AKA Ryan (click to show/hide)

Unholy_Pariah, AKA Kenjaro

[4] You create a handle! Your control over the urchin is quite precise, allowing you to create accurate structures close to its surface, even though the ball itself is only about a foot in width.

superBlast, AKA Ryan

[1+1] Your ammunition becomes slightly sharper, perhaps more suited to passing through the target rather than outright killing them.

Caellath, AKA Russano Neskratt

[3+1] You momentarily wake up and check to see if your party has caused any damage. It seems that Dominic has kept himself under control, and Ryan is busy... upgrading the pistol you gave him using his powers. Kenjaro is on his way inside, but you notice a peculiar crack in the wall of one a hangar that wasn't there before. You twiddle some plasma around your thumbs in the meantime.

HEN, AKA Dominic Zoshan

Pleased with the results of your adventures, you drop into the bed and await the next morning.

In the next morning, the four of you (plus entourage) awake to a siren. Not one to signal an emergency, but rather to indicate that launch is somewhat close. Every hour the siren is rung and crews rush to inspect the rocket for any wear that it may have accumulated during its many trials. The invention of practically resuable rockets spurred a commercial revolution on Aldros II, finally providing a means to cheaply ferry cargo into space.

Aboard the rocket there is little to do--barring the occasional break in acceleration when releasing a stage, the G-force on the passengers is almost twice the Terran standard of gravity, giving most spaceborn humans quite a hard time, at least for those who lack experience.

Once the rocket reaches orbit, however, the passengers begin eagerly pouring out of their respective compartment and into the orbital plaza. The transport capsule will be shipped down in an extra-large cargo container with aerobrakes, and then collected on the surface to be rebuilt and refitted. This particular rocket is still good for a few more runs. Afterward, its parts will be reserved for shipping cargo, not people, for the rest of its operational lifespan of 40+ years.
The orbital plaza itself is immense. Curled up inside a long cylinder with spaceports at either end, the Plaza is easily the largest manmade structure in the system, rivaling the great burgs of Aldros II in its sheer size and complexity. Here, thousands of travelers of all cultures come and go, gradually refreshing the population of the effective city inside. Its artificial gravity and atmosphere makes it similarly livable to a city on the ground, although the costs of maintenance makes its expansion slower than that of the burgs.

Yellow mentions that the courier ship is docked on the other side of the habitat. Through the large transparent ceramic caps of the habitat, Russano catches a glimpse of the vessel moored on the docking platform. They are notable in that their fuel tanks dominate their silhouette even moreso than a typical exploration vessel. These ships are meant to travel as quickly as possible, delivering messages and data faster than light and rivaled in speed only by experimental beam setups which send maser signals directly through wormholes.

As far as local things to do, the place seems a lot like a smaller version of Aterrus. However, instead of loyal citizens walking the streets, there are freelancers and bounty hunters kitted out in full gear. In fact, a party of three confronts your party of eleven ((four PC's, the Fellowship, Perfectio + Hadrial + Jo)). The speaker of the group, a woman in an old Ross military uniform well-decorated with badges but missing a lot of key characteristics of the uniform, such as the hat and the actual Ross insignia. Instead, she wears a black helmet and light exoskeleton with a weapon attached to the left arm. Ryan notices it looks a lot like his Arkfury. The other two bounty hunters are in fairly common gear consisting of jackets with bits of metal plate stuffed underneath the sleeve but over the powergloves.

"You look like Royals. I'd keep an eye out for anyone that looks like this--"
She holds up her tablet and displays a picture of a man holding a pistol and wearing a yellow jacket with jagged stripes reminiscent of dazzle camouflage used to confuse robotic targeting systems. The blonde man appears to be a notorious young pirate whom the bounty hunters are chasing around the Plaza after having seized his ship. He is reported to be armed with a Centauri spiker pistol and has access to an exoskeleton with an extended power supply, possibly powered by a psionic artifact.

The woman mentions that whomever turns him in can keep the artifact that's powering his gloves and suit, along with a portion of the bounty, up to the equivalent of 30000 Ack.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: August 11, 2014, 03:07:58 am »

Ryan looks at the man in the picture... he wasn't much interested in the money nor the artifact (since he had no idea what it does) but it would be pretty bad to have a  dangerous person running around...

Though looking around there's plenty of other people whose job seems to be bounty hunters and catching people like the pirate guy... so it should be fine to leave them to do their job. More importantly Ryan and the others are here to inspect (or something like that) the ship that the fellowship guys stowed away on when they ran into that "psionic infection" thing.

Though... wouldn't hurt to track down that pirate guy real quickly with Ryan's powers... shouldn't be hard to find if his exoskeleton has any electronics in it. If that doesn't work there's always looking through the plaza's security cameras.

Help out with checking out the courier ship, though in the mean time, see about using my techno sense to track down all the artifact powered exoskeleton suits in the plaza.

((Slightly different action in my next post... well probrably doesn't matter but whatever hahaha))
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 01:42:17 am by superBlast »
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: August 11, 2014, 09:00:37 am »

"Does he have any recorded psionic abilities?" asks kenjaro taking the tablet and inspecting the warrant in greater detail.

((Specifically checking to see if it lists accomplices and specifies whether or not he needs to be alive to claim the reward.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: August 11, 2014, 04:12:20 pm »

"Does he have any recorded psionic abilities?" asks kenjaro taking the tablet and inspecting the warrant in greater detail.

((Specifically checking to see if it lists accomplices and specifies whether or not he needs to be alive to claim the reward.))

The bounty note displays the following:

Accomplices: Ship has a crew of about 15, no specifics. Worked with Styx pirates and Areya Union.
Bounty Conditions:
-His ID must be acquired
-If killed, report to Plaza security forces immediately
-Do not harm civilians.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: August 11, 2014, 08:47:11 pm »

"I will help you apprehend him, it could be fun to pit myself against someone on equal footing." says Kenjaro as he returns the tablet to the bounty hunter.

Begin searching around the plaza.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: August 12, 2014, 01:35:20 pm »

"Then we are also searching for this pirate. Your disregard for public and particular property is the kind of thing I am worried may cause trouble around here." Russano says, referring to Kenjaro's behavior. "The courier ship is not going to suddenly disappear either, so we have enough time to do this. Were any of his accomplices captured?" he asks the woman with the woman with the tablet.

Spell Flux. Let's try and see if we can find that pirate.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: August 13, 2014, 01:41:05 am »

"If we're going to search for this pirate guy, I can try to pinpoint his exoskeleton suit... I think... uh... unless it doesn't have electronics..."

Aid search of the pirate. Use my techno sense to track down all the artifact powered exoskeleton suits in the plaza.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: August 13, 2014, 02:49:37 pm »

"Well, I guess we have a new job to do. We cannot allow such a rude individual to run amok here!"

Begin searching the markets for anyone of the man's description.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 03:30:56 pm by HighEndNoob »
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: August 13, 2014, 04:02:39 pm »

Roll 100

Spoiler: superBlast, AKA Ryan (click to show/hide)

superBlast, AKA Ryan

[4] You sense a multitude of exoskeletons, power gloves, power boots, and so on all over the plaza, though you can't tell if any are powered by an artifact. You can, however, tell how they are powered. Your powers aren't really geared toward identifying sources of power generation, unfortunately, and the best you can do is check the amount of calculations their systems are doing to see if they are using more power than their weight implies.

You perceive several cases of high computer activity coming from something like an exoskeleton. One such source is near a chocolate store about two blocks away. Another signature is coming from the location of a large cooling tower in the midst of some buildings--it looks like a nuclear plant, although it might not be since this is a station. Multiple signatures are coming from the far side of the Plaza where most of the dock facilities and offices are located, and one last group of signatures is coming from the Saloon in the Sky, a local pub with a lot of electronic music, as you can clearly sense with your ears as well as your powers.

Caellath, AKA Russano Neskratt

[2+1] You don't have as much success as Ryan. There are many different varieties of Psions in the universe, and unfortunately a whole lot of them happen to be located on or around Aldros. The sheer variety makes it impossible to resolve anything to any reasonable accuracy beyond 'there is a psion here, and his powers are strong/weak.' Additionally, you can't detect enchanted items like artifacts, at least yet.

HEN, AKA Dominic Zoshan

[4+2] You take a more direct approach, entering the midst of the shops and streets and looking for whatever information you can find. You ask a gallant law enforcement officer if he has seen any signs of a man wearing a 'bee like' jacket. He informs you that he has, indeed, seen it, and directs you toward an agriculture festival in the city square, where several men in crude bee costumes are selling honey to any passerby.

Unholy_Pariah, AKA Kenjaro

[2] You embark on a search for the criminal's dazzling cloak, but to no avail. He is nowhere to be seen outdoors. You see that Dominic is entering an agricultural festival where there are several people in bee costumes selling honey. Odd, but makes sense. You also spot the following individuals of note in the immediate vicinity:
-A man in a black jacket with large powered boots running across the sidewalk and dodging bicycles.
-A woman in a yellow raincoat walking down the street with an umbrella.
-A party of several men and women in work clothes heading in the direction of the pub, talking among themselves about their recent encounters in space.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: August 13, 2014, 04:55:47 pm »

Noting that the workers are referring to encounters in space Kenjaro begins following the large party of apparent workers under the suspicion that they may be the space pirates crew in disguise.

follow the group of workers, eavesdrop and try to determine if they are space pirates.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: August 13, 2014, 08:37:41 pm »

"Uh... g-guys..." Kejaro and Dominic go off searching before Ryan could tell them his findings... which leaves Russano and the others ((The NPCS in our group))...

"Uh... I think I found some people that might be the pirate guy... I'm not too sure... I'll try accessing the cameras around them to get a... better look haha..."

Ryan waited to see what the others thought about what to do next before deciding on what to do... though most likely he'd follow with what they decide on.

Try accessing the cameras around the four places to get a better look at them and the suits.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 12:16:04 am by superBlast »

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: August 13, 2014, 11:25:58 pm »

"Uh... g-guys..." Kejaro and Dominic go off searching before Ryan could tell them his findings... which leaves Russano and the others ((The NPCS in our group))...

"Uh... I sensed some strangely high computer activity power suits in four places... like... higher activity than similar suits would have... that could do with the artifacts right? Anyways one I found at a chocolate store that's 2 blocks away... I think... and a group in a place called 'Saloon in the Sky'... but those are public places so I wouldn't guess they would be there. The other two places I sensed exoskeleton suits at are on the the far side of the plaza... by a bunch of docking bays... they might be trying to steal a ship to run away in... maybe... and uh a there's one nearby a.... cooling tower? That's among a nuclear power plant? Do space plazas have power plants? Anyways they seem more likely for hiding or escaping from."

Ryan waited to see what the others thought about what to do next before deciding on what to do... though most likely he'd follow with what they decide on.

((What I meant by 'high activity' is that the computers are doing balancing work of heir own rather than mostly augmenting the user. The suit itself is so heavy that the robotics have to be more involved. This is standard for most man amplifiers/exoskeletons/power armors.))

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: August 14, 2014, 12:11:51 am »

((Oh.... I guess I misunderstood because of this part:  "check the amount of calculations their systems are doing to see if they are using more power than their weight implies." With I percieved  people/groups, I thought I found suits to was using more power than thought aught to be which should be unusual....

Anyways I'll go and edit my last post then.))

Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 75