Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 75

Author Topic: RTD 3 -- Space Wizards for Real  (Read 66777 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD 3 -- Space Wizards for Real
« Reply #915 on: August 04, 2014, 12:34:53 am »

Russano would have to repair his armor via Universal Clock during the flight.

No action.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: August 05, 2014, 07:04:31 pm »

((actions ahoy!))

"Well thats more like it."

disenchant and re-souljoin my scalpel.

Aside from that, no action.

[3+4] The tiny knife still doesn't form into some wicked-looking blade like the broken graphite dagger did.

Russano would have to repair his armor via Universal Clock during the flight.

No action.

[3+1] Mere child's play. A simple burn is nothing too difficult to reverse.

The plane takes the party through the upper atmosphere of Aldros II, where the air density is much less and the energy costs to travel aren't as steep. The engines, rather than screeching as a regular airliner's turbines would, simply emit a low-pitched rumble as metastable helium is quickly reverted to its ground state via heat as the plane accelerates to hypersonic speed.

The flight is over within less than an hour, given that the destination is fairly close to Aterrus--only about 400 kilometers. At the destination airport, the party disembarks into a vast desert, littered in the distance with pockmarks and scorched sand. The few plants that remain are short and sparse, as nothing too large can survive here without being blown away by frequent sandstorms, both natural and manmade (due to the rocket launches).

There is a rocket perched on its launch platform fair distance away (about a kilometer), along with some amenities close by for those who wish to be early. A hotel for travelers without anything better to do, several fast food shops for the late and hungry, various small shops selling souvenirs and general conveniences, and of course a pub for the revered Aldrosian pastime of getting drunk before a rocket flight, though that isn't approved by the authorities in the slightest.

Some small communities have opened up inside the desert, some taking advantage of industrial opportunities without environmental barriers, others collecting fallen debris from the cargo drops and using it to make a living. Still others act as bandits, driving across the desert in buggies and stealing dropped cargo before the collectors arrive. These communities come and go with the frequency of the launches and cargo drops.

The rocket launches in the next morning. Given Aldros II's 20 hour day, that leaves approximately 11 hours. Sleep or wait?
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: August 05, 2014, 08:42:53 pm »

((Its not changing because the scalpel isnt classed as a "weapon" is it?))

Staring disgustedly at the scalpels sheer refusal to change despite his best efforts he disenchants it then crushes i into a ball and throws it away dejectedly.

Wait, and seek out a new weapon to souljoin.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: August 05, 2014, 09:08:53 pm »

Staring disgustedly at the scalpels sheer refusal to change despite his best efforts he disenchants it then crushes i into a ball and throws it away dejectedly.

[6+4] You crunch the knife into a ball and toss it away before disenchanting it. As you throw it away, however, you notice that it has morphed into something else, some ball of razor-sharp spines sticking out of a clockwork core. You avoid picking it up, as the spines cover the entirety of its surface and you aren't sure what your powers have done to its sharpness.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: August 05, 2014, 10:52:22 pm »

"There's some things I want to do... so... uh... I guess we'll meet back up at the hotel... that is where we're sleeping at before the launch right?" Ryan says to be sure before he went wondering nearby a bit.

Seems that slowly but surely, the want to find out his own past has been replaced with a want to discover what all psionics can do... besides he's sure psionics is still the key to regaining his old memories. Though instead of through hints, he's sure he'll be able to force the memories out with his own powers eventually. With his old reason to helping Russano and the Aldrosian Government (that is money to help fund his search for his past after everything is done) no longer a priority, Ryan has thought of what other reasons he has for staying during the flight. Though that was hard... with the exception of one crazy person... everyone seems like good people... and he'd be helping out an entire planet full of people... maybe not directly but still. Plus there's surely a whole lot Ryan still needs to learn due to his amnesia and everyone he actually knows is here. Yep, still plenty of reasons to stay.

But moving on, Ryan wanted experiment with his powers a bit... though so that on a plane wouldn't be a good idea for various reasons. First, he wanted to try upgrading the weapon he's been carrying around.

((Had a bit of a character development moment lol))

Wonder nearby the hotel a bit. Try upgrading my Arkfury pistol. Something that will give it universal compatibility with any sort of ammo (maybe through a matter to energy conversion and making it an energy weapon?) and give it a non-lethal setting.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: August 05, 2014, 11:15:20 pm »

[6+4] You crunch the knife into a ball and toss it away before disenchanting it. As you throw it away, however, you notice that it has morphed into something else, some ball of razor-sharp spines sticking out of a clockwork core. You avoid picking it up, as the spines cover the entirety of its surface and you aren't sure what your powers have done to its sharpness.
((Wait what? Does that count as psionic crafting?"))

Test my psionic connection to the steel urchin, can i make it do anything?

Also poke it with something thats near to hand and non valuable, like a rock or a desk lamp.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: August 05, 2014, 11:43:25 pm »

((Wait what? Does that count as psionic crafting?"))

Test my psionic connection to the steel urchin, can i make it do anything?

Also poke it with something thats near to hand and non valuable, like a rock or a desk lamp.

((I updated the charsheet. Also, your shotgun's changed. The magazine is now enchanted.))

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: August 06, 2014, 03:17:49 pm »

"Well, seeing as we have some time to waste, I may as well practice with my new powers."

Duplicate a single Gunberd round into all available colors. Begin walking towards the hotel.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: August 06, 2014, 04:02:42 pm »

"Excuse me."

Sleep for a couple of hours - we've been a good while without sleep, apparently - and then spend the rest of the time examining and training Dominance.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: August 06, 2014, 06:45:00 pm »

Roll 98

Spoiler: superBlast, AKA Ryan (click to show/hide)

Caellath, AKA Russano Neskratt

You walk into the lobby. Immediately, the cashier recognizes you.
"Welcome Russano! I received the call from your brother. You and your party all have rooms waiting for you."

Excellent. You make your way to your room and prepare to sleep after a long series of voyages. While it's somewhat strange that a man who can cause electrical energy to appear out of nowhere has to sleep, you brush the thought aside and are in the bed within minutes, examining your ability to block spells like you had at least attempted to do so earlier. Since you've discovered that there are in-fact psionic adversaries out there, it may be a good idea to improve on the matter. All you need is some spells to block...

Unholy_Pariah, AKA Kenjaro

[3] You take a random guardsman's weapon and poke the steel urchin with it. Nothing happens. The guardsman is glad to get his weapon back unharmed.

[6] Your powers, on the other hand, interact with the urchin in a vey unexpected way. You can force the generation of new material anywhere on the urchin's surface, causing tentacles made of needles to extend from the ball. These tentacles can't be moved after forming, although you can simply pull them off with your hand. If you want, though, you can make a single long spire extend multiple meters almost instantaneously. Your exercises end up damaging a nearby structure and leaving a crack inside the concrete wall.

The others start heading to the hotel to make preparations for the night. You hear it gets cold here during the night, although your fusion-powered armor makes that a non-issue.

HEN, AKA Dominic Zoshan

[6] You split off your gunberd rounds into all seven colors of the rainbow, creating a bag of ammo that is much heavier than before. It seems like more than seven, in fact... you check inside, and it seems that there are several invisible bullets inside, adding even more weight to the container.

Each colored ball appears to have unique properties. The invisible ones are very hot to the touch. Hm.

You take the heavy bag with you and follow Russano inside the hotel. When you get to your room, you set the bag off to the side of the bed.

superBlast, AKA Ryan

[6] Your Arkfury UPGRADES!!!! into a version of itself with faster tracking and an extendable solar charging array. Reasonable, considering that the battery is only used to power servos and that the pistol itself is not an energy weapon. It also adopts a more sleek design. It even takes ammo from the Aldrosian Guards' pistols. However, the grip--and magazine slot--seems to revert back to its original shape when you holster the weapon. The rest remains updated. You suspect a better way to do it would be to UPGRADE!!!! the ammo.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 09:03:55 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: August 06, 2014, 08:03:26 pm »

((Does mend affect all of my weapons or can i isolate individual items?))

"This.. could be useful. Now to mak it holdable."

Try to generate a few spines coming from the "corners" of the urchin that interweave with each other whilst leaving the axis points clear then immediately curl down and form a braided handle about 2 inches wide and 10 inches long.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: August 06, 2014, 09:02:33 pm »

((Does mend affect all of my weapons or can i isolate individual items?))

"This.. could be useful. Now to mak it holdable."

Try to generate a few spines coming from the "corners" of the urchin that interweave with each other whilst leaving the axis points clear then immediately curl down and form a braided handle about 2 inches wide and 10 inches long.

((All items you soulbind get the effect.

So far you can't quite control it. But if it's not damaged then nothing happens.))
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 09:04:23 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: August 06, 2014, 09:05:47 pm »

((So many sixes in a turn o.O))

Hm... not what Ryan wanted but still much better than before... though he wonders why +3 is engraved into it... psionic powers are weird.

Since changing the weapon to be non-lethal seems rather hard to actually do, maybe the ammo instead? While not a machine, it is a product of technology... won't hurt to try.

Try UPGRADING!!!! half my ammo into non-lethal ammo... preferably effective enough to knock a person unconscious.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: August 08, 2014, 03:54:22 am »

((how far are we away from meeting Tiruin?))

Also subtle bump to get players attention.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: August 08, 2014, 02:05:02 pm »

((how far are we away from meeting Tiruin?))

Also subtle bump to get players attention.

((Soon™

When she has decent internet...))
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 75