Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 75

Author Topic: RTD 3 -- Space Wizards for Real  (Read 66842 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: RTD 3 -- Space Wizards for Real
« Reply #780 on: June 06, 2014, 07:27:40 pm »

Hmm i see your point, although now im rather curious as to how you made my axes effect toggleable like that.
Pausing mid sentence Kenjaro reaches for his axe checking that the enchantment is still intact before continuing.

"Perhaps if i tied the transfer effect into sudden deceleration like when you try to flick water off your hands and while they stop the water doesnt, so when the blade impacts someone it stops but the wounds continue moving through the dagger and into your opponent?"

"Oh right, for thought-controlled stuff, you need to be familiar with mind-based psionics. It's quite useful for a toggle-based effect, but if you're not a telepath or something like it then it would be difficult. For motion-controlled stuff, I don't know, you just need to be familiar with sensing motion yourself. That is all."
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: June 07, 2014, 10:18:40 am »

"Be careful of anything that still seems to power... you might get yourself electrified if you get too close." Ryan says as a warning to the other two.

Since there's doesn't seem to be another way ((Well more like I'm too lazy right now to look for another way lol)) Ryan decides to try his luck climbing down ((down is right, right?)) the collapsed stairs.

Climb down stairs, keep my technopathic senses feeling around still in case another mind thing is hiding.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: June 08, 2014, 10:19:58 pm »

"Well, I can't very well decline your offer of hospitality, now can I? I gladly accept your offer."

Follow the man into his house, while keeping track of the leopard.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: June 09, 2014, 09:43:56 pm »

Roll 80

Spoiler: superBlast, AKA Ryan (click to show/hide)

The large flat structures on the front and sides are radiators (some of which can be retracted during combat to protect them). There are a lot of ornamental features that function as protection from impacts due to their distance from the relatively narrow central compartment of the ship. The actual part that most of the crew are in is much smaller than the ship itself.

superBlast, AKA Ryan

[3] You reluctantly climb down the shaft, slowly shifting handholds while maintaining your grip for dear life.

At the top of the stairwell, the two professors peer over the edge to watch your progress.
"My suit's offline. Climbing down would be too risky for me. I can stand watch and make sure there are no threats from above. Dr. Valenkin, do you wish to climb down? We can use an extension cord as a cable..."
The professor, alarmed at the sheer mention of himself being forced to use a makeshift rope to climb down a tall shaft, refuses immediately.

You progress low enough that you can hop from the ceiling and safely touch down on the floor at this building's ground level. You explore the immediate surroundings.
-All of the lights are still offline
-Most of the staff has already evacuated the building
-The furniture in many of the rooms is upturned and scattered around. Some of the doors have been torn from their hinges by flying furniture.

In your search for the entrance and other human beings, you come across a severely injured staff member being moved by a pair of students. He is laid out on a table and the students are carrying the table by the legs.

HEN, AKA Dominic Zoshan

[3] The leopard looks suspiciously at you. You maintain eye contact until you enter the building. Out of the window, you see the leopard return to its hunt.

The man takes you inside and lays out a clean robe on the couch. Pointing to a door, he informs you where the shower is.

"So, where was I before... Ah, the Shadow Fellowship! I was going to tell you about my relation to them. You see, I trained them, taught them how to hone their powers, taught them tactics and positioning. But eventually the left me. The oldest of the group, he called himself Black. Anyway, Black, he comes from the Imrili, one of the larger nomadic tribes that come and go around here. The others are pure Aldrosians. But this Imrili, they saw him as some sort of authority figure. He was a philosopher that actually spent a lot of time here on Aldros, contrary to the nature of his people. Over time, I realized that Black and I disagreed on some very fundamental points about the nature of government and morality. To cut a long story short, he took the rest of the fellowship with him and left.

A shame, really. I've been quite lonely since. Do you happen to sympathize with my ideas? Any bit?"

Unholy_Pariah, AKA Kenjaro

You glance at your waist and see the axe's sheath, still weighted but with no handle sticking out. The enchantment is still there. You realize that drawing attention to it would be a bad idea given what already happened, so you leave it be in its sheath.

[5] Your ideas spark some interesting thoughts in your mind. If you can conceive of wounds moving fluidly through space and between bodies, that should mean that with sufficient psionic expertise, you would be able to manifest such an effect. You start to ponder the nature of life itself, and what constitutes as injury and what constitutes something natural.
You realize that there is an order of things, unspoken but often referred to in everyday life by just referring to the concept of injuries and disorders. Understanding the nature of life itself should help you master the art of transferring wounds.

Miniquest Acquired: Circle of Life!

Caellath, AKA Russano Neskratt

"You don't understand! We're going to suffocate! We have to get this door open!"
Jo notes that there are Aldrosian guards on the other side of the wall. You assume she is in touch with the rest of the guard. In short order, a heavy fist knocks on the door, followed by a sudden boot protruding from the former location of the door as it flies off the doorframe. Men in riot gear pour into the room and begin to arrest the assassins one by one. Your opponents simply allow themselves to be apprehended and stand up, revealing that the injuries sustained by Green, Yellow, and Blue may have simply been a ruse.

Jo, her weapon still trained on her enemies, steps forward audibly and begins to inform the assassins of their near future.
"I am glad that you've already surrendered. It is only your best option. That said, justice shows no partiality. Your sentence is as follows: For acts of war, imprisonment for twenty years. For the of assault of the Queen's righteous defenders, three years per case. And for the one responsible for planning the attack, the sentence for treason is death. I hope for your benefit that you are merely pawns misled by some greater power."

The captain of the riot team moves in, his hand glowing blue as a result of psionic activity.
"Thank you ma'am, but we were given orders to deal with these criminals as we do with all highly dangerous suspects."
"You mean..."
The captain nods, his hand glowing brighter. He turns his hand toward the assassins, now led to the center of the room by individual soldiers. The appearance of their straight faces, however, suggests no trace of dismay or regret as the Aldrosian guards collect their weapons.
The captain's begins to project an indigo-colored series of spinning rings and halos around his fist. The rings expand and begin to move away from the captains hand, circling around the assassins and creating a noticeable visual distortion. Suddenly, the bubble pops, pushing everyone back and releasing a great flash of light. The captain is thrown back with greater force than the rest, while the assassins remain still in the center of the room, making no moves.

Your Spell Flux was briefly disrupted by the burst!

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: June 10, 2014, 11:39:12 am »

Ryan's first thought I to see if he can help the injured man and students somehow... though he can't really imagine what. At least they would know where the exit is. Once rescue teams come (assuming they are coming by now) he can tell them where the two left behind are at.

Go up to the students and see if Ryan can help with anything. If not then ask them where the exit should be.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: June 10, 2014, 12:42:58 pm »

Russano resumes a dignified stance and dusts off before raising a single hand."Dear assassins, I am too far gone to care whose fault that was. Could you please stand down?" he asks politely, energy beginning to crackle around his fingers once again.

That's a ruse, though.

Pretend to be charging energy for another display of power in order to trick the yellow assassin into casting Overload on him.

Russano is actually casting Universal Clock to restore his own powers back to normal.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: June 10, 2014, 07:16:08 pm »

"Thank you for your help good sir, i must think carefully on how to proceed with my enchantments."

head back to the car, ponder nature of injuries.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: June 12, 2014, 07:28:28 pm »

"I do, actually. Back on my home planet of Krimore, I once started a group of like-minded individuals. We called ourselves the Inquisitors, a needlessly dramatic name in hindsight. We went about correcting unruly and abhorrent behaviors in my hometown, ranging from improper handshakes to vandalizing storefronts. Anyway, me and my 2nd-in-command and I, a talented man known as Regaan, began to find ourselves at odds with each other. I advocated for encouraging society to be more polite, giving people time to change their ways before swiftly enacting justice, which we were indeed capable of. Regaan, on the other hand, wished to overthrow the Krimorian government and put into place a loyalist regime! He even had delusions of declaring independence from the Ross! Needless to say, we engaged in many philosophical and historical debates, in which I brought up how the secession of Indar II from the Ross turned out a couple of years earlier. I hoped to bring him back into the fold of true gentlemen, not to sway into rudeness.

It did not work, if my presence here is not evidence enough. He usurped me as leader, expelled me from the group, and turned it into a mob of petty criminals that called themselves 'freedom fighters'. I spent the next year bringing them to justice, chasing down the unruly scoundrels and cowards that infested their ranks and that dared to call themselves true gentlemen. Regaan fled to the border worlds before I could challenge him, which led to me leaving Krimore and spend the next few years as a solitary roamer, before taking up the mantle of a gentleman bounty hunter."

Attempt to sympathize with the man, than go wash my cloak and clean myself.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 07:46:08 pm by HighEndNoob »
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: June 12, 2014, 09:39:14 pm »

Roll 81

Spoiler: superBlast, AKA Ryan (click to show/hide)

The large flat structures on the front and sides are radiators (some of which can be retracted during combat to protect them). There are a lot of ornamental features that function as protection from impacts due to their distance from the relatively narrow central compartment of the ship. The actual part that most of the crew are in is much smaller than the ship itself.

superBlast, AKA Ryan

"Thanks, but we can carry this just fine. If you want to help you can go down the hall and find more people in the rooms. One of the rooms caught fire... there's bound to be people who need help."
With some slight embarrassment, you ask them where the exit is.
"Ahead where we're going. Turn left, and you'll see exits on both sides of the hall."

The students continue down the hall. The injured person on the table glances at you for a moment as he passes by.

HEN, AKA Dominic Zoshan

"Ah good! Uh, well, uhh, thank you for the exposition. I'm glad I'm not the only one who seeks change in our society. For too long the people of Aldros have been mindlessly subservient to their leaders. Democracy can't be forced on those who do not seek to rule themselves."

As you clean your equipment and clothing, you begin to inspect the various signs and posters, realizing that you may have just openly declared yourself as a revolutionary. Posters bearing images of guerrilla soldiers wearing scraped-together armor and holding red flags. You realize most of these are posters from works of literature and media, but some actually seem to be posters supporting revolutionary movements on other worlds across the sector, worlds you know have actually had their governments overthrown, such as Randall and Kalash, respectively Polarian and Cyrian worlds which are independent from their governments, formerly ruled under monarchies.

Unholy_Pariah, AKA Kenjaro

You make your way to the streets, but as you approach the red-and-black vehicle Hadrial is awaiting you in, you hear the sound of tires crackling against the asphalt rapidly approaching. [1] As you turn around to see, a light, two-wheeled vehicle slams into you, (Surprise attack: -1 defense) (Failed deflect roll!) [1+3-1 = 3] dragging you and your hulking armor along with it, its lightweight alloys buckling under the force of the impact. As you and the surprise motorcycle land in a heap on the sidewalk, you lift yourself up, surprised that your armor has taken almost no damage, although you certainly feel pain in your right foot. The armor allows you to stand despite this, but your recognize the feeling as one you've had before: Your leg broke from the impact. But other than that, nothing harmful seemed to come out of the accident, even your fusion cores are still intact!

The other person was not so lucky. His vehicle now closely resembles a banana peel. You find the driver eight meters away from his vehicle, dressed in a slick green jacket and black sports pants--but no helmet. His exposed skin is cut up from sliding over the concrete, and he doesn't seem to be moving. Hadrial rushes out of the car to see what just happened.
"Good blazes! Did you just shrug off that crash like it was nothing? I need to get a suit like that..."
He looks down at the injured driver.
"Poor sod. I'll call up the emergency crews."

Caellath, AKA Russano Neskratt

Jo raises her weapon, and fires an attempted kill-shot at Black, who, aside from whoever is disrupting people's powers, is quite the nuisance in combat, dodging bullets and all. Something tells you, however, that trying to shoot him again isn't going to accomplish much. However, you realize that even if he dodges it, the bullet will hit the assassin behind him!
"In the name of the Order, and Justice." utters Jo, with near-perfect composure, as she takes the man's life.

As the echo from the shot clears, something most strange happens. All four assassins, once standing motionless, all at once fall in what seems to be slow motion. Seconds after, their bodies hit the floor, dispersing into dust at the point of contact.

Perfectio examines the dust, now perfectly calm and sensible as opposed to his prior state.
"It appears that we have all been fooled."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: June 12, 2014, 10:06:17 pm »

"Ah... thanks." Ryan turns toward where the students said some people got trapped in by the fire. It's a bit of a long shot, but since he can set things on fire, quite possibly he can some control over flames... though controlling flames and making them seems like two different things... worst case he'd just make the flames bigger... Thinking that Ryan decides to save the fire controlling last and look for a fire extinguisher first.

Check the rooms down the hall the students pointed to and see if anyone needs help. If I make it to the room on fire before meeting anyone, look for something that can point out fires.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: June 12, 2014, 10:06:28 pm »

"If you wish to change a nation, you must first change a person. Regardless of what change you seek, that will ensure that it is beneficial for the people. Anyway, I thank you for accepting me into your home right now. It is an act that will not go forgotten. But I have been delayed for some while. I must no take my leave. It was a pleasure speaking to you!"

Prepare to leave, while giving the man my reagrds/

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: June 12, 2014, 10:25:09 pm »

"Its a contract only model unfortunately, although i am certainly beggining to appreciate why when it lets me walk away from an impact like that with only a broken leg."

Pausing briefly to give his leg a moment to heal Kenjaro walks over to the individual and pulls out his granite sphere.

"Id be rather angry at this fellow if he were conscious, but as it happens i was in the middle of pondering the nature of injuries and he has provided himself with a great many of them.
I shall attempt to transfer some of his injuries into either this sphere or my own body, perhaps i can learn something of value from this incident."

Channel essence transfer through my sphere to try and pull some of his injuries into the sphere, if the transfer seems to be drawing too much energy or is in danger of breaking again try to set up a simultaneous transfer from the sphere to my own body.

Attempt to discern how the injuries are moving from person to object or person to person.

((You think anyone would mind if i kept the motorcycle?))
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 10:27:37 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: June 12, 2014, 11:58:20 pm »

"Its a contract only model unfortunately, although i am certainly beggining to appreciate why when it lets me walk away from an impact like that with only a broken leg."

Pausing briefly to give his leg a moment to heal Kenjaro walks over to the individual and pulls out his granite sphere.

"Id be rather angry at this fellow if he were conscious, but as it happens i was in the middle of pondering the nature of injuries and he has provided himself with a great many of them.
I shall attempt to transfer some of his injuries into either this sphere or my own body, perhaps i can learn something of value from this incident."

Channel essence transfer through my sphere to try and pull some of his injuries into the sphere, if the transfer seems to be drawing too much energy or is in danger of breaking again try to set up a simultaneous transfer from the sphere to my own body.

Attempt to discern how the injuries are moving from person to object or person to person.

((You think anyone would mind if i kept the motorcycle?))

((The motorcycle is torn apart in a giant 'X' shape from the front, so I don't think anyone would mind if you repaired it and kept it considering it is definitely totaled.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: June 13, 2014, 01:17:16 am »

((Yay, free motorcycle.
*Fixes owner, asks for "motorcycle."*
*fixes bike in front of owner, drives away*))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: June 13, 2014, 08:53:26 pm »

Russano does not even go through the trouble of answering the voice. He's too used to having to deal with douches, and he knows psion douches are the douchiest douches to ever douche in the douchebag universe.

Try and use Spell Flux to see where the assassins and/or the source of the voice are.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 75