Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 75

Author Topic: RTD 3 -- Space Wizards for Real  (Read 66835 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: RTD 3 -- Space Wizards for Real
« Reply #795 on: June 14, 2014, 04:18:58 pm »

Roll 82

Spoiler: superBlast, AKA Ryan (click to show/hide)

The large flat structures on the front and sides are radiators (some of which can be retracted during combat to protect them). There are a lot of ornamental features that function as protection from impacts due to their distance from the relatively narrow central compartment of the ship. The actual part that most of the crew are in is much smaller than the ship itself.

superBlast, AKA Ryan

You march down the hall, noting the smell of burning rubber and chemicals in the air. The fire must have been in a laboratory, considering that modern structures are fireproof for the most part. A crowd of people rush past you as you feel a sudden wind blow down the fall, along with a loud roar and a deep, echoing sound from some kind of explosion. There is so much ash in the air and so many sparks that you are beginning to have breathing troubles.

(Luck: 5) There is a fire extinguisher on the wall, still locked in its case, although the tool used to break the container seems to be missing. You remember that you have a pistol with you, [3] and use the butt of the weapon to break the glass. Some of the rubber on the grip now has scratches on it.

HEN, AKA Dominic Zoshan

"If you wish to change a nation, you must first change a person. Regardless of what change you seek, that will ensure that it is beneficial for the people. Anyway, I thank you for accepting me into your home right now. It is an act that will not go forgotten. But I have been delayed for some while. I must no take my leave. It was a pleasure speaking to you!"

Prepare to leave, while giving the man my reagrds/

As you near the door and start opening it, the old man stops you.

"Here, take this reagrd,"
He hands you a palm-sized rock sculpture shaped vaguely like a 'U'.
"In my hometown, we always kept dozens of these. It is a token of friendship, and each family has its own crafting style and letters. Normally, we exchange them, but I don't expect strangers to know of our customs."

[3+1] Not wanting to leave the man without making an impression, you slide some pebbles through the door from outside and into your hand. Forming them into three shapes resembling slashes ('/'), you inform him that you are aware of the custom, and have some of your own to give. You hand him the three reagrds you made and part ways, slowly shutting the door being you.

Outside again, you notice something strange about the various bits and pieces of gore left from that Mimic that the old man shot earlier. They seem to be squirming.
Now that you have time to yourself to think, the way the man fired at a creature on your face was also strange, as if he had no regard for your safety. Perhaps he is crazy, or maybe he is a psion as well. There is so much more you could have learned, but the situation was awkward enough as it was.

Unholy_Pariah, AKA Kenjaro

[5] Controlling other people's injuries is something you've neglected to practice throughout the years, but this man's life depends on it, most likely. As Hadrial speaks on the phone with the emergency crews, you try to channel the man's injuries into the granite sphere. You discover that you are just as capable of channeling injuries in other people as with your own injuries.

The ball glows red, though Hadrial doesn't seem to bat an eye. The red glow seems to correspond to another property it seems to have taken on: Placing your hand next to it results in a sharp sting to your skin. The effect grows stronger as you continue to drain the man's injuries, eventually hurting you greatly through your own armor, forcing you to drop it. The ball begins to roll toward the nearest storm drain!

(4) The driver seems to be better now. Though still covered in cuts and bruises, he lifts himself up and grunts, responding to the noise made by the stone ball rolling over the sidewalk panels.

Before he speaks, Hadrial informs you that his phone has not been working:
"Well this is... strange. My phone won't turn on. Neither will my tablet. I don't remember turning them on in the first place. Seems like an EMP, or something... wait, look!"
He points in exclamation at the buildings in the Inner City, many of which are on fire and have no lights on. The raised streets, from the distance, appear to be still and lack cars moving back and forth.

Caellath, AKA Russano Neskratt

[5+1] You mentally track the taunting voice, revealing what appears to be a massive trail leading in zig-zag patters across the upper floors of the palace. Upon closer examination, the lines appear to be following the contours of walls and objects inside the palace. Considering what just happened, you revisit your previous guess, instead concluding that the Assassins must have affected time somehow and reverted their positions.

You just now perceive the spell which was cast:
-Timestep
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: June 14, 2014, 06:04:10 pm »

Good! Ryan reads the instructions on the fire extinguisher quickly and continues down to where the fire is at.

Get to the fire and put it out with the fire extinguisher. Then search the room to see if anyone is inside.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: June 14, 2014, 07:36:34 pm »

Quickly grabbing the sphere or at least placing his visible but unpowered vibro axe head in front of it to prevent it falling into the storm drain Kenjaro shoots a quick glance at Hadrial.

"Fires must have taken out the power grid, I wonder whats happening up there?"

Turning to the motorcyle driver he begins questioning the man.

"If i've healed you enough you can stand i've healed you enough to talk.
Who are you and why did you hit me with a motorcycle?"
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: June 14, 2014, 11:09:44 pm »

Quickly grabbing the sphere or at least placing his visible but unpowered vibro axe head in front of it to prevent it falling into the storm drain Kenjaro shoots a quick glance at Hadrial.

"Fires must have taken out the power grid, I wonder whats happening up there?"

Turning to the motorcyle driver he begins questioning the man.

"If i've healed you enough you can stand i've healed you enough to talk.
Who are you and why did you hit me with a motorcycle?"

Hadrial responds:
"No, it's not just the station. The phone won't start. As in, it's bricked or something."
He continues to fumble about with the device in confusion.

The motorcycle driver gets up on his knees.
"I... lost control. The bike..."
He looks at the bike and appears greatly distressed by its current state.
"The handles froze up. The engine kept... going though."
He is overcome by a fit of coughing. Your suit warns you of smoke and pinpoints its source to the bike.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: June 15, 2014, 12:51:21 am »

"Guess Hadriel was right about the EMP after all. Excuse me for a minute, i think your bike is trying to explode."

Says Kenjaro before wandering over to the bike and turning off whatever is left of the engine and head lights.

Attempt to manually express pain for the motorcycle and begin channelling my cellular regeneration into it.

Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: June 15, 2014, 01:18:34 pm »

Well, good thing that went without trouble. Anyway, I have lingered too long up here. I should head back to the city.

Begin descending down the mountain, using my grappling hook to take short-cuts.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 01:58:05 pm by HighEndNoob »
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: June 16, 2014, 07:52:11 pm »

"Oh, assassins. They should make things easier; this is shaping up to be less of a challenge and more of a rather difficult to deal with nuisance. Well..."

Try to create a Flash Portal close to the point they have been moved towards through Timestep. Check if there isn't an ambush ready for me then drag my allies through to assist in catching those punks.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: June 17, 2014, 04:22:52 pm »

Roll 83

The large flat structures on the front and sides are radiators (some of which can be retracted during combat to protect them). There are a lot of ornamental features that function as protection from impacts due to their distance from the relatively narrow central compartment of the ship. The actual part that most of the crew are in is much smaller than the ship itself.

superBlast, AKA Ryan

[3] You come around a corner to find a blazing inferno on the opposite side of the wall. The fire extinguisher handles the flames immediately around the doorway, but there is a steady stream of smoke and ashes pouring in from the room itself, posing an additional hazard that an extinguisher can't deal with.

HEN, AKA Dominic Zoshan

[3] You take a shortcut down a nearby ledge by grappling onto a tree and swinging off, landing in the soft brush below. However, you seem to have jumped into the midst of a colony of Mimics, of which you count five emerging from burrows in the near vicinity!

[1] The structural plastic of the motorcycle does not respond like flesh. Being an artifact, its form isn't natural but artificially given to it by its creators. As such, your powers do not respond to it in their current state.

(2) The bike continues burning, but does not explode. (2/6th's chance to explode next turn)

[2+1] You cannot pinpoint the location of the exit point due to it being muddled by psionic fluctuations in the vicinity, but you perform a little trick to sidestep that: you attach the flash portal directly to the flux trail left behind by the psion.

(1) The portal does not seem to lead directly to any point in particular. Shades of different colors in the shapes of heavily distorted objects seem to be pouring out of it from different regions. You decide not to step through for fear of being bisected by your own powers.

Jo checks the hallway outside, and reports back.
"No trace of them. We'll have to contact Security and check the feeds. The only way they could have escaped is by going straight up. There's no way they can be far..."
The guard captain responds:
"I've been trying to do that. The Security office isn't responding to our calls. It seems the entire network is down as I can't browse anything either."
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 04:26:09 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: June 18, 2014, 01:48:00 pm »

Russano figures it's about time to try and do things properly, though judging by how willy the enemies are, not even that may help.

Sit down and try to carefully track the assassins' current location.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: June 18, 2014, 05:21:18 pm »

"Yeah, this aint such a good idea. Time to go."

grab Hadriel and the mtorcycle driver and get some distance on the bike.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: June 18, 2014, 11:11:22 pm »

Ryan crouches down lower to avoid as much as the smoke as possible while continuing to put out the fire.

Crouch low to avoid the smoke while continuing to put out the fire. Yell to see if anyone calls back... though keep putting out the fire either way since maybe someone is unconscious in the room... if they aren't dead.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: June 21, 2014, 11:57:02 pm »

"..."

Grapple away from the colony of mimics, towards the town.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: June 22, 2014, 12:50:19 am »

Roll 84

HEN, AKA Dominic Zoshan

[2+1] You send the hook up to a far branch and activate the grappling function, but the branch tears off the tree, leaving you stranded!

The mimics attack!
[5] vs (2) Mimic A charges at you, missing you completely and slamming into the wall. It rolls around before standing back up on four tentacles.
[1] vs (1) Mimic B attaches itself to your right hand, but the hook comes back (from the 3 above) and the barbs sink into the animal's soft flesh! The creature falls off.
[6] vs (5) Mimic C wraps itself around your other hand, but you shake it off. It rolls about and climbs onto a high place, ready to jump down from above. DANGER
[6] vs (5) Mimic D does the same as above, exactly. Somehow.
[1] vs (5) Mimic E attaches itself to your neck! It begins to pull tightly around your throat, making it difficult to breath.

New Miniquest: Evasive
New Injury: Strained Neck

superBlast, AKA Ryan

[2] You shout, but nobody calls out in response. Determined to keep going until it's clear there is nobody inside, you continue into the flames, keeping your feet safe from the flames with the extinguisher. However, the drop ceiling collapses on top of you from the heat! The foamy substance crackles and pops in the heat, giving off a foul stench and releasing clouds of smoke.

[4-2] "What are you--"

Grabbing Hadrial by the arm and wrapping your arm around the injured driver's torso, you sprint across the pavement and dive away as the bike erupts into flames, its fuel supply vaporizing immediately and engulfing the nearby radius in flames. What's left of the bike's plastic remains is now slowly melting in the heat amidst a pool of burning fuel.

Your leg feels better, despite the dive. However, your grip seems to have hurt Hadrial's arm and exacerbated the driver's injuries. Regardless, Hadrial thanks you for rescuing him.
"Do you think you can carry the poor boy without further breaking his spine? We need to be quick.
He takes out his kes.
"I started the car earlier, so we should be able to drive him to the hospital. I know the way. Come."
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Martial Trance active!

You leave the room since the crater you blasted earlier is still emitting large amounts of smoke. The others do the same.

Jo mumbles in response to the mess.
"Bloody... I'll never understand why the world hasn't fallen apart by now. Dodging bullets shouldn't even be possible..."
She packs up her gun and slings it, then taps you on the shoulder, interrupting your meditation.
"Well well, what's our Warlock up to? I assume you're doing something to track the criminals."

That's no help... you start over.
[4] The trails begin to diverge at different points along its length. That explains the fragmented portal. It seems that the mage iterated through several possible outcomes and possibilities just to throw you off. Despite the difficulty, you manage to ascertain the general location of the targets. They are somewhere outside the northern half of the city, heading out into the countryside near Mt. Ador.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 12:43:55 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: June 23, 2014, 12:08:39 am »

"Yeah i got him." says Kenjaro as he carefully places the man in the back seat of Hadriels car. "I hope this guy has good insurance."

Jump in the passenger seat and inspect my "ball'o'hurt", try to figure out what happened to it.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: June 24, 2014, 12:53:46 pm »

This... isn't working fast enough. Ryan decides on another way to search the room to be sure if someone is here or not. That is if he get's out of the way of the collapsing ceiling.

Dodge the collapsing ceiling. Set the fire extinguisher somewhere not on fire and then Activate Burnout. Then search around the room while trying to not make the fire too much worse.

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 75