Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 75

Author Topic: RTD 3 -- Space Wizards for Real  (Read 66830 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD 3 -- Space Wizards for Real
« Reply #810 on: June 24, 2014, 04:39:29 pm »

Russano stands up and starts to walk away, his pace growing quicker with each step. "Mt.Ador. The are somewhere in the countryside surrounding Mt.Ador." he says, now almost running, brain firing up as he tries to concentrate on creating a link between both locations - a tunnel to shorten his travel and take him quicker to his targets.

Try to create a good-sized flash portal to their approximate location so Russano's companions can follow him. If that doesn't work, try to head to our destination the mundane way.

"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: June 24, 2014, 08:10:53 pm »

"Cursed Beasts!"

Pull off the Mimic, then slice it with my Gunberd. Create a pillar of stone under me to lift me up over the mimics.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: June 24, 2014, 08:58:36 pm »

Roll 85

Spoiler: superBlast, AKA Ryan (click to show/hide)

The large flat structures on the front and sides are radiators (some of which can be retracted during combat to protect them). There are a lot of ornamental features that function as protection from impacts due to their distance from the relatively narrow central compartment of the ship. The actual part that most of the crew are in is much smaller than the ship itself.

HEN, AKA Dominic Zoshan

[6] These opulent octopi are oppressively obnoxious right now. You need to remedy this... yes... you need to show these animals... what you are really capable of...

The ground rumbles... You awaken!

Now empowered in your true form, you charge up an extremely powerful attack.
"Behold... my might!"
[6+1] You send forth a hurricane of soulforged steel, dissolving the nearest mimic into a pulp! Its effectively-vaporized remains are carried through in the wind.

However, while you were focused on that particular mimic, the rest of them wrap themselves around your neck!

"Aagh! Begone vile magicks! What manner of sorcery allows these beings to so carelessly disregard my wrath?!"

New ability: Awakening

superBlast, AKA Ryan

[5] As the flamign ceiling starts to fall, you panick for a moment, worrying that your story will end here, engulfed in flames. But you realize, from your previous antics, that you can set yourself on fire without suffering harm. Perhaps if you used that ability now, the flames would merely bounce off your skin without harming them...

You channel the flames around yourself. Normally, one uses fire powers to harm others. But you come up with a way to use the power of heat flux defensively: By manipulating heat, you create a barrier of swirling flame that deflects the falling ceiling tiles and scatters them. The flames around your feet obey your will and join the fire shield, creating a bubble of clean, cool air inside the bubble. Despite the flaming shield, you are able to see through it clearly: the flames are not your enemy.

New Power: Fire Shield

[6] You come across a scream from one of the supply halls. Looking in the general direction, you find a slightly-opened metal door and spot a set of eyes behind the opening, reflecting specks of orange light.

Unholy_Pariah, AKA Kenjaro

(6) The car works! Hadrial starts driving toward the nearest hospital, which happens to be closer to the inner city currently engulfed by chaos.

[3] You are more easily able to control the Ball'o'Hurt now. It's the same granite sphere you had been testing, and to others it seems completely normal, despite the red glow emanating from it. You presume the glowing effect is due to your powers. You can even see the glow through your eyelids...

The Ball contains concentrated... pain. While the Driver's injuries are still present--he can hardly move himself around, he seems to be awake and lucid, indicating that the pain from the injuries is gone, somehow. Without your conscious effort, the Ball bleeds pain into nearby beings, creating a sharp stinging feeling on nearby limbs.

Caellath, AKA Russano Neskratt

[1+1] Your portal fizzles. You're not sure why--it's best to hurry in any case, so instead of meditating on it you drag the Perfectio with you. Jo is reluctant to follow.
"We should first check on the other prisoners."
She heads off with about three guards to the rest of the cell compound. You test your portals to see if it still works for purposes other than following the assassins, [3+1] forming one on the ceiling and one on the floor below and dropping a a guard's badge through. It falls through the loop properly and without disruption.

Jo catches up to you after only a few minutes.

"There aren't that many prisoners here, as usual. Nothing's out of the ordinary with them, but the wardens aren't happy that their phones stopped working. Did one of the assassins create an EMP?"
You and the rest of the detachment continue through the lobby and look for a ride. None of the vehicles present seem to be working, however, and the few that were started before the engagement are being reserved for emergency use. A watchman comes out to greet you, saluting for a good three seconds before explaining the situation in the courtyard.
"None of our drones are working, so I'm afraid you'll have to follow them on foot. Can you believe it? All the hardware is fried. All of it, except the hospitals! They're overloaded now, but at least the people in there are alright..."
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 01:56:11 am by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: June 25, 2014, 01:55:09 am »

"Why are these creatures so fixated on assaulting my neck? I will rend these pitiful beats!"

Use Seismic Slam to blast the Mimics off of my neck. Follow it up with Bladestorm, whilst shouting "DOOM!".
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: June 25, 2014, 12:09:41 pm »

"These assassins invade the palace under our noses, attack our allies and cause severe material damage. They have to pay for this."

Use Universal Clock to repair a few vehicles for our party's usage.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: June 26, 2014, 07:39:20 am »

"Hmmm... pain sphere... could be useful i guess..."
"Hey Hadriel, you injured anywhere? If so does it still hurt?"

Check if my broken leg hurts or if the sphere is draining the pain away.
Allow my cellular regeneration to heal my leg whilst pondering the nature of how bones knit themselves back together.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: June 28, 2014, 01:03:19 pm »

((Waiting on SuperBlast))

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: June 30, 2014, 01:51:49 pm »

((second bump--will auto eventually))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: June 30, 2014, 08:53:26 pm »

Mwahaha; Bump!

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: July 01, 2014, 03:09:47 am »

Roll 85

The large flat structures on the front and sides are radiators (some of which can be retracted during combat to protect them). There are a lot of ornamental features that function as protection from impacts due to their distance from the relatively narrow central compartment of the ship. The actual part that most of the crew are in is much smaller than the ship itself.

HEN, AKA Dominic Zoshan

[1] You fail your seismic slam, as the shockwave fails to pass through you. This is probably a good thing, since your organs would become mush otherwise.

[1] Your blades circle around your body at a safe distance from the Mimics!

[5] You shout, in a tone so deep and bold that it causes the forest to shake and all of the ancient spirits to awaken at your presence:

"DOOM."

The mimics are cast into terror and leap off of your neck before causing you further hard! They run to the wilderness.

Spoiler: Continued... (click to show/hide)

superBlast, AKA Ryan

Our story shall continue another hour.

[2] The sphere is most certainly not draining the pain away. In fact, shifting your concentration causes it to release a wave of pain. Both Hadrial and the motorcyclist appear to be affected. The car jerks slightly to the side.

"My arm is probably brused by your grip... but I should be fine. It's nothing Aldrosian medicine can't fix--"
The car noticeably slows at the sight of one of the hospitals. Standing high over the streets, surrounded by blacked-out buildings and crashed vehicles, its windows are bustling with activity, and its ambulances are hard at work shipping hundreds of injured citizens to the emergency room.

"We're gonna have to go up the ramp, which is covered in stopped cars. I hope the drivers understand."
Hadrial takes the car along the shoulder of the highway ramp, scratching against the stopped cars in the middle of the lane. After a rough ride, you make it up there, and you notice that your leg has healed slightly. Not much, but the rate at which it is healing seems to have increased due to the rough car ride.

[5+1] At the snap of a finger, the entire lot of military transports returns to its prior state, slightly rusted but in working condition. You walk into a four-wheeled woodland transport and slide your personal key into the ignition, turning on the vehicle's flywheel motor.
The watchman walks up to you again and greets you again, in a serious case of deja-vu.
"Greetings Sir! I presume you are on official duty."
He turns around and observes the rest of inner Aterrus, seeing the cars crashed on the highways and buildings blackened without power. Some are on fire.
"Good lord! What happened to the city?"

Spoiler: Continued... (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 03:11:50 am by _DivideByZero_ »

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: July 01, 2014, 04:05:30 pm »

((Oops... forgot about this thing.... sorry!))

'What the...? I... can do this too?' Ryan is a bit amazed at his new fire shield, though not entirely surprised since given his now better understanding of psionics. Though he didn't have time to waste, and he doubted his sheild would help against an entire building if it collapsed. He had hurry up and save the person he seen.

Go over to the metal door, and try to extend my shield's protection to a range that can fit me and at least one other person. Then attempt rescue of whoever is in on the other side of the metal door.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: July 02, 2014, 01:59:42 pm »

"Oh, nature. You, dear lady, are the most graceful joker in all universe."

Bombard the mud with lightning to get rid of excess water until there's enough firm ground the transports can advance without getting bogged.
>Yes?

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: July 02, 2014, 02:10:40 pm »

wait for hadrial to stop the car at the top of the ramp then get out and call for the EMT's to come grab the unluck motorcyclist.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: July 04, 2014, 12:25:16 am »

"Such a perfect way to redeem my power! FACE DESTINY!"

Channel my rage into a seismic slam and send it towards the colored fools.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: July 04, 2014, 01:15:33 am »

Roll 86

HEN, AKA Dominic Zoshan

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

superBlast, AKA Ryan

[5] Showing excellent control over your shield, you extend it like a tendril, forcing the door open but also allowing the other survivor into the bubble.

"What is this..." asks the confused young man.

Level up: Fire Shield II

[4] As the car comes to a halt in front of the column of stopped cars, you hop out of the passenger seat (still in your armor--we'll assume the seat is designed for armors of all sizes since it is a military-owned vehicle) and pull the cyclist out of the back. Hadrial shouts toward the hospital, but nobody seems to notice. You the shout, and the suit's speakers render your voice more than loud enough to grab the attention of the EMT's in the garage. A pair of them comes rushing to help with a stretcher for the cyclist.

"Excellent work! I'm curious," asks one of them.
"How is your car still running?"
Hadrial, well-versed in the specifics of his vehicle, responds with absolute certainty.
"Unlike most modern vehicles, our vehicles are not dependent on the electronics. They aren't as sensitive to EMP's if the engine is already running."
"I see. The car must have costed a lot... I assume all the electronics inside are still fried?"
"Mere pocket change to replace it all, at least compared to the rest of the damage this disaster has caused..."

[3+1] You are able to send bolts of lightning through the mud, not merely drying it as you initially believed would happen, but instead converting the entire surface of the mud to a coarse, thick glass. Hopping out of the transport an testing the thickness of the glass with a stick, you come to the conclusion that the layer of glass is thick enough to support the transport's weight and spread the ground pressure evenly across the mud. You make a gesture toward the driver, hop aboard, and continue along.

You come to the lower part of a large hill that extends up toward the base of the mountain. More conventional trees, mostly conifers, populate this area, but most are too thick and too tall to drive through. There is hardly any room for the transport to continue. However, your Spell Flux detects a massive concentration of psionic flux up ahead. It is so chaotic that you simply cannot pinpoint its exact location or its sources, but only that it's just about a hundred meters ahead and blocked by a stand of trees and rocks.

You tell this to the party.
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 75