Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 75

Author Topic: RTD 3 -- Space Wizards for Real  (Read 66858 times)

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD 3 -- Space Wizards for Real
« Reply #765 on: May 30, 2014, 09:20:50 pm »

((Ah! Sorry!))
"Bleh, it will take ages to clean this mess off. And I just washed the coat! Oh, where are my manners? My name is Dominic Zoshan, pleased to make your acquaintance."

Shake hands with the new individual, whilst trying to keep the muck away from him. Keep an eye on the real snow leopard.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: May 30, 2014, 10:57:51 pm »

Roll 78

Spoiler: superBlast, AKA Ryan (click to show/hide)

The large flat structures on the front and sides are radiators (some of which can be retracted during combat to protect them). There are a lot of ornamental features that function as protection from impacts due to their distance from the relatively narrow central compartment of the ship. The actual part that most of the crew are in is much smaller than the ship itself.

HEN, AKA Dominic Zoshan

The old man accepts your greeting, but neglects to introduce himself.
"I don't see hikers up here... ever. Did someone instruct you to visit my residence?"

[6] You turn your attention to the snow leopard in case it is still aggressive. As you watch it, the old man goes on. You miss everything he says until you are sure that the leopard is satisfied with gnawing on the boulder you sent it.

"... I've gotta say, I don't really get visitors up here at all. It's nice to talk to another soul. So, now that I've told you what I do, can you explain what you came here for?"

superBlast, AKA Ryan

[6] You scout out the network, locating the master transformer supply where the building connects to the city's power supply, and cutting off all connections to the building, enabling every safety mechanism. The lights shut out across he entire building, and the hum from the ventilation system disappears. However, the new wave of chaos still reigns, causing arcs and sparks across every exposed metal surface. Objects rattle across the ground and tables, and you notice something strange happening to a lit candle still left on at the table: the wax column is slowly rising again, the melting action being undone. Soon, the candle's burn is completely reversed, bringing it back to pristine condition.

As soon as the candle stops, the building calms down, and everything becomes deathly still. You hear faint footsteps from floors beneath were you are, from people wandering the halls trying to make sense of what happened. The lights and power are still off, and the two people still with you are almost too scared to talk.
Geronimo breaks the silence with an exclamation:
"My suit's fried... it could have been an EMP but I'm not too sure what really happened. Ryan, do you still sense anything now that the events seem to be over?"

You don't. There is no more power running through the building, and as such you've lost contact with it completely.

Unholy_Pariah, AKA Kenjaro

[5] You somehow manage to focus on the sphere in such a way that you sense it as an extension of your body. It's a little strange, having a limb that doesn't do anything (not even feel!) but it's just... there. You perceive it as you would a normal body part, and can tell its location.

[6] You attempt to drain the injuries of everyone around you through the ball and into yourself. At first, nothing seems to happen, even thought you clearly perceive a transfer of power. Then, all of a sudden, the ball explodes into pieces! You get a feeling of numbness, as if you've been anesthetized somehow, but the location of the numbness is unclear. What's more important is what you have at hand: directly where the ball used to be (in your hand) there are now two flat, millipede-like creatures covered in blood. They are about the size of your finger and immediately curl into balls as soon as they see the light.

Caellath, AKA Russano Neskratt

[3] You hastily assume a defensive position (-1 to melee attacks against you), but as you analyze the situation, the lights abruptly come off. Your eyes struggle to adjust as you hear a silent wind moving up closer to you. [4] {5-1} You strike with your blade in the general direction of the attack. Your attacker leaps away from the blade as the weapon roars, detecting motion.

-As the lights turned off, Jo fired her weapon. [4] {4} The Blue Assassin is now injured, having taken a bullet to the chest! (The sound of the impact indicates that the assassin is wearing some sort of armor beneath the cloak. Nevertheless, the character falls over from the impact)
-You hear the green assassin, having previously been threatened, also hitting the floor. He seems to be fumbling about, reaching for the SMG he dropped!
-Perfectio screams! (-1 to echolocation to all characters)
-The yellow assassin picks up his weapon.

[4] Spelldrained wears off!

Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: May 30, 2014, 11:45:58 pm »

"Uhhh... the hell is this? Someone around here have tapeworms or something?"
Placing the two slimy balls of insectoid flesh on the counter kenjaro begins picking up the fragments of his granite sphere.
"You feeling okay? No ruptured intestines?"
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: May 30, 2014, 11:49:29 pm »

"Uhhh... the hell is this? Someone around here have tapeworms or something?"
Placing the two slimy balls of insectoid flesh on the counter kenjaro begins picking up the fragments of his granite sphere.
"You feeling okay? No ruptured intestines?"

He looks at you, surprised and partially embarrassed at sight of the parasites.
"Uhh, never been better, actually! I... I don't know where those are from. Someone outside, perhaps?"

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: May 31, 2014, 12:06:43 am »

"Hmm it is possible they got pulled off the street, i did feel a rather strong surge before the sphere exploded in my face."
"Perhaps you should grab a paper towel or something so we can dispose of them and clean the counter."

After collecting the last few fragments and cleaning the counter kenjaro fits the shards together as best he can and tries to channel his self regeneration through the mishapen sphere.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: May 31, 2014, 01:09:47 pm »

"No I don't sense anything... but that because the buildings power supply is cut. But I think that may have stopped whatever was happening..." Ryan says, not entirely ready to let down his guard. "I think we should leave as soon as possible just to be safe."

Leave the room while still reaching out with my powers to be safe.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: June 03, 2014, 12:07:09 am »

((Sorry about the delay. I've been sick with the flu and distracted these days.))

Russano sighs very deeply. A man of his position is usually expected to be corteous and elegant even when disposing of enemies and, although he never paid too much attention to such expectations, he's already gotten to the point where he's making a conscious note that what he's going to do is far from polite. "You see, ever since I met my first assassin, your kind has been nothing but disappointment." As the young man talks, he raises both hands in the darkness and concentrates on them.

"There's no flair, there's no... Class, do you understand, lady and gentlemen?" the diplomat asks, creating a flow of energy into both hands like he's trying to power a hab block.

Raise hands and put an enormous amount of psionic power into creating a large amount of lightning arcs between them in a Vulgar Display of PowerTM, both to provide us with lighting and intimidate the assassins into compliance. If they don't stand down, activate I Like These Odds and zap them into submission, starting with the fastest.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: June 03, 2014, 08:41:29 pm »

You know what, I'll just play along. "Well, I was simply hiking up here for a pleasant time. Then again, it seems this planet is not as hospitable as I originally assumed. Was that tentacle beast you dealt with a regular sight?"

Inquire about the strange beast.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: June 05, 2014, 08:36:09 pm »

Roll 79

Spoiler: superBlast, AKA Ryan (click to show/hide)

The large flat structures on the front and sides are radiators (some of which can be retracted during combat to protect them). There are a lot of ornamental features that function as protection from impacts due to their distance from the relatively narrow central compartment of the ship. The actual part that most of the crew are in is much smaller than the ship itself.

HEN, AKA Dominic Zoshan

[5] "Wait, really? You weren't sent here? No reason? I don't..."

Perhaps the inhospitability is the reason people don't usually come up here. The old man seems incredulous at your claim. Still, he answers your question:
"That's a Mimic. Strange beast, some say they've seen the things on other planets, but in aquatic environments. I believe the scientific consensus is that it's some kind of octopus, but subject to whatever the precursors usually did to the native wildlife they sent out. Every animal is the product of some sort of genetic experiment or another, only Terra has the true ecosystem, or so it is said."

He explains to you that Mimics are opportunistic predators and scavengers with uncanny levels of intelligence, utilizing deception and mimicry to lead their prey into a false sense of security. They tend to chase larger animals across the Razorleaf forests, occasionally feigning an assault and then pretending to be scared off. They can take all sorts of shapes, able to mimic almost anything smaller than an elephant. However, they are unable to make sounds and rely on learning body language in order to manipulate animals.

"So, visitor, must you go now despite your condition or do you wish to stay for a bit? The cabin's fully decked with plumbing and all the stuff you'd normally find in the city. You could wash your coat."

superBlast, AKA Ryan

[5] Outside of the room, you find that the halls are vacant and dark, lit only by showers of sparks coming from the heavy-duty light fixtures. The power must still be working in some regions, judging from the sparks and from your own perception. Your senses pick up a concentration of energy beneath one of the lights. As you step underneath, you feel charge building up on your skin! Immediately recognizing the threat, you banish the rogue offshoot of your intellect by UPGRADING!!! the light fixture into an oil lamp. Arguably superior in this situation considering the threat of what was most likely an EMP.

As you investigate the stairwell, you find that the central beam has buckled, plunging the steps into the nearby wall. It's untraversible in its current state, although it can most likely be climbed.

Unholy_Pariah, AKA Kenjaro

You press the pieces together and concentrate on mending the wounds in the sphere. Hopefully this will alleviate the feeling of numbness.

[3] You don't feel anything immediate, and give up after a while. However, when you release the sphere and let it roll on the table, it stays together in one piece.

Caellath, AKA Russano Neskratt

As you begin your flashy show of power, channeling copious amounts of energy through your arms and controlling every twist and turn of each arc directly, the assassins begin to look at least a little intimidated, judging by their body languages.

Black, judging by his body language, seems to be signalling something to Blue... but she is injured and cannot respond!
Yellow uses a power:
-Paradox
A Superposition of Blue appears near the wounded assassin! It is not long before the shadow winks out of existence, but not before casting Overload once again!

[1] [6] Your stored energy is released in a blinding flash, forcing you to redirect it and channel it into a single direction to prevent it from simply destroying the palace. Regrettably, firing it at the assassins could result in great collateral damage, so you redirect the stored potential energy into the ground beneath you, searing a small tunnel a foot and a half across and miles long into the depths of the planet. A gust of vaporized concrete begins to pour from the hole!
(You are now Exhausted)

-Jo decides it would be the best course of action to shoot to main the rest of the assassins as they are all equally dangerous. (4) Showing surprising accuracy in the dim conditions of the room, she places several rounds into the limbs and extremities of all four assassins--or attempts to. [4][4][2-1] Black evades the rounds, somehow, able to dart away from wherever she aims. Blue, Green, and Yellow all slump to the floor from their wounds, still alive but injured.
-Perfectio regains his composure, only to lose it again at the sight of the plume of smoke rising out of the gap in the ground and filling the room. He rushes against the door and beats on it.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: June 06, 2014, 07:42:31 am »

"Okay, so i managed to weakly channel my power through the shards and the sphere has fixed itself somewhat.

Where do we go from here?"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: June 06, 2014, 02:17:07 pm »

Russano huffs in a way that makes quite clear he's indignant at the situation and once again swings out his chainsword in a defensive posture. "Perfectio, I do not recall you behaving like a coward. Either you recover your composure or I will have you as a lightning rod. And good work, knight."

Assume defensive stance. In case the yellow assassin tries anything funny, apply knee to their face repeatedly until they think better of it.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: June 06, 2014, 05:37:00 pm »

"Okay, so i managed to weakly channel my power through the shards and the sphere has fixed itself somewhat.

Where do we go from here?"

"Indeed! Well... this is the basic idea behind enchanting. You channel your power through the sphere and it takes on the properties you give it. That's all there is to it. Disenchanting is as simple as snapping your fingers."

He snaps, and suddenly the walls are covered in rows upon rows of hammers, swords, and axes, all masterfully forged and ornamented with various gems of different sizes and shapes.

"Oh, well... I can't say I meant to do that. This could take some time to fix."

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: June 06, 2014, 06:02:16 pm »

"So if i wanted to make a dagger that transfers the injuries of the wielder into the target i simply try to channel that through the dagger and its there for good?"

Looking up at the walls of "disenchanted" weaponry he pauses.

"I sure hope you were joking about these being disenchanted, you were joking right?"
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 06:06:56 pm by Unholy_Pariah »

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: June 06, 2014, 06:36:18 pm »

"So if i wanted to make a dagger that transfers the injuries of the wielder into the target i simply try to channel that through the dagger and its there for good?"

Looking up at the walls of "disenchanted" weaponry he pauses.

"I sure hope you were joking about these being disenchanted, you were joking right?"

"Ehhh, I was imagining just how cool it would be to do that. Then I realized that it is going to be a lot of work to reenchant it all. But alas, my hyperactive mind...

As for your dagger idea, that would be wonderful! The catch to creating 'activatable' items is that you have to set it such that striking a target will set off a chain reaction of effects. So, for example, I can create a weapon that is light as a feather, but also gains a lot of mass when it is swung at high speed. Do you see the synergy there? It's easy to swing, and yet hits just as hard. You can't just have an effect that 'switches on.' Reality doesn't work that way."

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: June 06, 2014, 07:00:47 pm »

Hmm i see your point, although now im rather curious as to how you made my axes effect toggleable like that.
Pausing mid sentence Kenjaro reaches for his axe checking that the enchantment is still intact before continuing.

"Perhaps if i tied the transfer effect into sudden deceleration like when you try to flick water off your hands and while they stop the water doesnt, so when the blade impacts someone it stops but the wounds continue moving through the dagger and into your opponent?"

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 75