Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 75

Author Topic: RTD 3 -- Space Wizards for Real  (Read 66789 times)

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
Re: RTD 3 -- Space Wizards for Real
« Reply #885 on: July 22, 2014, 06:35:10 pm »

"Ah... I made it... or... transformed a car into it... not quite sure which is correct... but uh... it's a hoverbike thing..." Ryan make an expession that seems to say "Oh yeah.." and turns to the people asking about the bike. "I don't know the details of it the hover bike.... thing... I said that already didn't I? Anyways you guys can have it if you want I don't mind."
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: July 24, 2014, 06:23:55 pm »

"Er, yes. I think that would be the best course of action."

Assist Russano in rallying our teammates. Use my grappling hook to search for them from a high place.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: July 24, 2014, 07:32:58 pm »

Roll 94

Spoiler: superBlast, AKA Ryan (click to show/hide)

Caellath, AKA Russano Neskratt

Currently with you are Jo, Perfectio, Dominic, and this 'Shadow Fellowship.' That leaves Davis, Ryan, and Kenjaro.

[3+1] You luckily have a general idea of your party member's psionic signatures. You can't find Davis anywhere in the city, so he most likely remained in orbit. Ryan and Kenjaro are at the palace, in close proximity to each other. You can't create a wormhole that far--so you opt to bring everyone back to the land transport and Flash Portal the entire vehicle back to the palace--[4+1] Succeeding perfectly in doing so!

The Palace's watchen and guard captains greet you as you return. They seem to be curious where you had been--and why one of their vehicles was missing. It seems that Yellow did in-fact revert the city to its undamaged state. You wonder if he was lying about the 'nobody was hurt' thing or if he truly has the capability of resurrecting people from kilometers away...

Ryan and Kenjaro are currently surrounded by a gathering of officials. Hadrial and Geronimo are there, along with one of the professors from the University that you recognize--Dr. Justinian Valenkin, if you recall correctly. In the center of their midst is a strange, almost alien-looking motorcycle, one that floats a couple of centimeters over the ground even while idle.

HEN, AKA Dominic Zoshan

It seems Russano's powers are too helpful here, and somewhat overshadow your own abilities in this situation.

[5] However, you do sense something. Something being pulled from you as your vehicle drove across the short-lived portal. You feel as if a part of you has remained inside the forest.

superBlast, AKA Ryan

"You're just giving it to us? Oh... well..."

A mechanic pushes his way through the crowd of officers now forming around you. He comes closer to the bike and starts to examine it, primarily inspecting its power source, the glowy bits on the bottom.

"There seems to be a highly energetic fuel source inside it. I don't see any bolts or fasteners, and it may be very difficult to dismantle it."
"Interesting. So you said you just transformed a random car into it?"

As he said that, you see a flash from behind the crowd, creating a portal big enough to fit a tank through. A personnel carrier--its tires covered in mud--rolls through the opening in space. Russano walks out, immediately making eye-contact with you.

Unholy_Pariah, AKA Kenjaro

You life tap and [1] receive a small papercut.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 08:13:30 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: July 24, 2014, 08:00:01 pm »

((Sorry my net died, can i get last turns action as a life tap?))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: July 24, 2014, 08:13:38 pm »

((Sorry my net died, can i get last turns action as a life tap?))

Done.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: July 25, 2014, 08:14:05 am »

"well then, lets try this again."

Life tap again.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: July 26, 2014, 11:40:41 am »

"Gentlemen. Here we have the responsibles for the chaos in the city and also for fixing it." he says, gesturing to the Fellowship. "They apparently had a reason to do so and we need to check if what they say is true. Can someone check when is the next launch to orbit happening? We have a courier ship to scour for evidence."

Russano silently hopes he's still allowed some free time to go lightning-hunting in the sea.

Get info on next launch to orbit. While waiting for it, play with lightning between my hands and see if I can isolate the heated plasma while doing so.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: July 26, 2014, 04:15:28 pm »

Ryan looks between Russano and The four people in colored cloaks, having two questions suddenly answered out of the blue and Russano and Dominic and the rest of their group just appear suddenly left Ryan a it... confused.

"Uh... wait so what's going on...?" He says to get his confusion sorted out.

Get up to date on what is happening.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: July 27, 2014, 02:48:38 pm »

Strange. I feel... at peace. Well, no sense wasting time on that. We have a mission to do.

Attempt to explain to our confused teammates the information we have acquired from the "Shadow Fellowship."
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: July 27, 2014, 03:30:56 pm »

Roll 95

Spoiler: superBlast, AKA Ryan (click to show/hide)

Unholy_Pariah, AKA Kenjaro

[3+1] You give yourself sudden internal bleeding.

((Remember that life tap is a minor action. You can do something, then life tap in the same turn.))

Caellath, AKA Russano Neskratt

Perfectio has the launch schedule memorized.
"Next launch is tomorrow morning. I can put a hold on the flight so they don't launch before we get there, although our liege won't be pleased if we abuse this power. It would be in our best interest to travel to Anaxos during the night."

Before you can begin explaining the situation to Ryan, Dominic starts speaking. He seems to recall everything correctly, so far, if delivered... differently from how Yellow did it..

In the meantime, you play with lightning! Since you can create a barrier of plasma, you wonder if you can utilize the heated plasma offensively as well as defensively. [3+1] The plasma flows back and forth between your fingers, but with some thought you can focus it into much thinner bands, which glow white hot and pulse with thermal pressure.

New Ability: Plasma Whip

HEN, AKA Dominic Zoshan

You recite the story to Ryan, hoping that Kenjaro is listening. He seems to be clutching his stomach in pain, but he gestures for you to carry on. Well... okay.

"My friends, it appears we nearly fell for a trap by a force we cannot comprehend. That is what this group, the Shadow Fellowship, claims. They are a group of travelers from this world who search the universe, looking for answers to the most basic questions of our past. Their journeys led them to follow the Aldrosian expedition into the remote worlds of the frontier. There, they uncovered terrible secrets about the nature of the Arcas system. Explorers from Terra have fallen victim to an infectious psionic force, which overtakes minds and spreads through ideas. The messengers of Aldros have contracted this same plague, and were sent back to infect this world and all who visit it. Fortunately for us, or perhaps unfortunately for those who have fallen victim to it, the plague eats away at isolated minds, and kept eating until there was nearly nothing left, rendering the messengers mostly harmless.

The Shadow Fellowship acted to merely minimize the risk of infection, or so they claim. We must validate their claim by investigating their purported story, which involved them stowing away on a courier vessel with one of the messengers. If we find their camp, it will lend credence to their story, although the real truth may be forever lost on Arcas."

The yellow assassin raises a finger to correct the last point. You explain it was for dramatic effect, mostly.

superBlast, AKA Ryan

[1] Great. So now you have to save the world before you even know who you are. Just great...

Well, perhaps it's time to make a new name for yourself. After all, it's not like people recognize you or anything. Sometimes you just have to let it go.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: July 28, 2014, 04:52:19 am »

After pausing for a moment and allowing his cellular regeneration to knit his vascular system back together kenjaro stands back up and proceeds to question yellow.

"would you care to explain this so called 'force' in greater detail? for instance, what do you mean when you say it spreads through ideas?"

((yeah, i just didnt want to hold up the turn due to my brain blanking on what else i could do aside from stealing the hoverbike or punching an ally in the face :P))

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: July 28, 2014, 11:32:03 am »

"I... see... I guess... Um... That means we don't have much to do until leave to go to space again right?"

If that's so, an idea he wanted to try with his powers came to mind.

Walk over to the hoverbike and see if I can find out how it work using my technopathic powers. If I can do that then maybe I do so with any technology.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: July 28, 2014, 12:15:11 pm »

Russano crosses his fingers, steam still coming off from them. "Dominic's version is mostly correct. Now, let us get the preparatives ready, then. We travel to Anaxas as soon as possible."

Get preparations done. We're traveling asap.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: July 28, 2014, 03:02:27 pm »

Perfectio clarifies: "Anaxas is the desert from which we perform all of our launches. It is a couple of hours away by flight."

"would you care to explain this so called 'force' in greater detail? for instance, what do you mean when you say it spreads through ideas?"

Dominic shrugs, unable to answer the question.
The stranger wearing a yellow cloak takes up Dominic's position, however.
"It's nature is unclear. But in this world there are entities which transcend the need for a physical form. These are beings of pure intellect. However, psionic in nature, this particular kind of entity is infectious, and attempts to take control of other intellects. By then communicating with others, tainted with its own information, it can cause others to allow themselves to be taken over. Infected individuals lose their former selves, their intellects replaced with an infection instance. We're not sure what to call them. Maybe psi-zombies?

Additionally, and perhaps most disastrous, infected individuals gain access to psionic abilities of their own, which their future infections also inherit. We've had some highly dangerous encounters with a particularly deadly strain that filled the halls of one vessel with deadly toxins. If it weren't for Blue's talent, we would have lost our lives."

Blue's face remains blank, unmoved by the compliment.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: July 28, 2014, 06:10:50 pm »

"I see, those cteatures do pose quite a significant threat if left unmonitored."

finish healing, souljoin scalpel, life tap.

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 75