Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 72

Author Topic: You are a new God OOC thread.  (Read 108327 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: You are a new God OOC thread.
« Reply #945 on: February 04, 2013, 08:03:20 pm »

Why not do this: Carriers. My ecksbawks hueg creatures, can have biological turrets on top. Already tough as hell, and provides a safe breeding ground for creatures in the field.

Anti Air weapons: Flack seed spitter. Bio-laser(corneas focus light, after all). Flying suicide creatures, or flying creatures that latch on and start drilling/biting.

Anti Armor weapons: Solid shell spitter. 'Shaped charge' seeds. High intensity thermal ray(HITR). Acid. Big claws, pincers, talons, etc.d

Anti Infantry: Flamethrowers! And rapid fire thorn spitters. Poison. Fire bombs. Serrated things. Acid.

I can think of a LOT of creatures that could fulfill countless roles. Whether they be flying bomb-dropping jelly-blimps, or parasitic insects that lay eggs in our targets, the eggs eat them from inside out, and can jump onto other enemies. But it's better to make them as they're going to be needed(right before, not when).

One thing to remember is that we can't stop every type of attack. Death magic is our bane. Just as water and order are, and vice versa. Does that mean we should avoid making use of a domain because we could fight that enemy? No. They aren't going to abandon their domains, neither should we. Rather, we should find ways to avoid their domain. Kill death priests with fire. Use strangler vines to kill paladins of order. Turn water into puddles, or boiling water, or a hundred other different things.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: February 04, 2013, 08:07:14 pm »

No rapid fire thorns, rapid fire superheated projectiles.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: February 04, 2013, 08:08:29 pm »

Carriers sound good except we already have fire jackets so we don't really need flying creatures for biting/drilling/suicide bombing.

Still, I'd prefer to create those flying transports before anything else.  Especially with our castle seemingly being so close to completion.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: February 04, 2013, 08:09:48 pm »

Carriers sound good except we already have fire jackets so we don't really need flying creatures for biting/drilling/suicide bombing.

Still, I'd prefer to create those flying transports before anything else.  Especially with our castle seemingly being so close to completion.
In that case, I post the silt strider beetle model again.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: February 04, 2013, 08:13:43 pm »

Instead of flying transports, what about a large kraken like creature attached to the bottom of the castle, moving things with it's many arms? Combat drops can be achieved with specially grown hollow seeds that would probably be more effective than an a flying troop transport.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: February 04, 2013, 08:15:48 pm »

Instead of flying transports, what about a large kraken like creature attached to the bottom of the castle, moving things with it's many arms? Combat drops can be achieved with specially grown hollow seeds that would probably be more effective than an a flying troop transport.
But not as much mobility. We need some sort of flying transport to move troops to different fronts.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: February 04, 2013, 08:16:38 pm »

Drop pods and krakens are both cool ideas, don't get me wrong but neither are a proper replacement for actual flying transports.  They really have a lot of uses and aren't just limited to combat operations.

Remuthra: Yeah pretty much how I feel.
Sure thing peanut man!

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: February 04, 2013, 08:24:07 pm »

... What about a giant cannon to launch things, along with parachutes? Because why the fuck not.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: February 04, 2013, 08:29:04 pm »

... What about a giant cannon to launch things, along with parachutes? Because why the fuck not.
It's stupid, inaccurate, and needlessly dangerous?

Why not just some sort of giant air-jellyfish? Or giant beetle with a bladder of lifting gas under its carapace, replacing its wings? Or a roc?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: February 04, 2013, 08:31:14 pm »

Why not just some sort of giant air-jellyfish? Or giant beetle with a bladder of lifting gas under its carapace, replacing its wings? Or a roc?
Alright. In that case may I suggest something like the title creature from the book Leviathan.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: February 04, 2013, 08:36:07 pm »

Because superheating projectiles and then firing them is both far more effective and energy efficient.

Save that for anti-heavy infantry. Thorns are fine, and their effectiveness won't be demolished by cold magic.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: February 04, 2013, 08:39:59 pm »

Because superheating projectiles and then firing them is both far more effective and energy efficient.

Save that for anti-heavy infantry. Thorns are fine, and their effectiveness won't be demolished by cold magic.
The superheated weapon deals more damage, would require much more to cool, because it is so hot, and the projectile itself would still hit.
Sort of like incendiary ammo. And more energy cost would be worth more damage.
The idea is a more versatile, longer range substitute for the flamethrower when building our Reborn.

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: February 04, 2013, 08:47:11 pm »

Alright. In that case may I suggest something like the title creature from the book Leviathan.
Hell yes. Whale blimp, here we come.
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.
Right, the !!☼ARMCHAIR☼!!. I forgot.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: February 04, 2013, 08:47:53 pm »

Hell yes. Whale blimp, here we come.
Perhaps we can reincarnate souls into them.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: February 04, 2013, 08:48:26 pm »

I think I already proposed a suggestion for air transports a while back but I don't recall the specifics so I'll approximate:

Plant like airship with three methods of flying, the first for hovering is hot air or gas of some sort, the second for faster flying are wings or something akin to wings, the third is the ability to fly utilizing chaos magic in case the other forms of flying are nullified (like if the wings are destroyed and the sac containing the air is ruptured).  Another option is getting our other god friend to help with the flying aspect.  Inside the transport is a hollow area for holding troops and cargo and maybe growing a very small number of plant soldiers.  Outside it has a couple weapon systems, large turrets that fire blasts of acid, smaller turrets that fire thorns and spore producing pouches located on the underside.
Sure thing peanut man!
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 72