Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 61

Author Topic: Pantheon Play Thread: In the beginning there was...  (Read 85888 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon Play Thread: In the beginning there was...
« Reply #780 on: March 19, 2013, 02:39:13 am »

One day, Corvus answered the call of Gren. He was considering what to do with Aldemas, and how he could counter such a threat...but in the meantime....
"I see you call me again. I have pressing matters, but I have time to listen."

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: March 19, 2013, 02:47:44 am »

The Catalyst was somewhat ambitious in it's desires but ambition unabated could easily lead to ruin.  Allies may be needed and the dwarf had not responded to the Catalysts call.  Regardless it was a novelty and other possibilities still remained open.

Feros, I call to you.  Allies are not a thing to be made lightly but groups with possibly mutual interests have little to lose by cooperation.  I hunger greatly in these dark waters but this universe is filled with potential food and there is no outstanding reason that my needs should have to conflict with your own.  On the other hand you are a god of nature are you not?  You therefore should understand the natural order of things.  The plants are consumed by creatures which in turn are eaten by others.  It it necessary in life but I am not just a predator.  I have the power to bring great change and turn life towards the grand final conclusion of biological perfection.  Work with me Feros.  Let us grow strong together and usher in a new age of perfection.  I will not touch your followers if you do not want me to.  If you wish though, I can bestow upon them limited gifts of the Catalyst.
'Your offer is intruiging......... I see your goal, and I embrace this, but I know not whether I can trust you. I will gather some small number of my followers on my shores, and you may give your gifts to them, but no others for now. Are we agreed?'
And so Feros travelled throughout the North, telling of the catalyst of change. He told his followers that they were free to merge with this being, although he could not guarantee their safety. If they wished to do so, they were to gather on the southernmost shore.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: March 19, 2013, 05:01:14 am »

Udil-Volondor with great interest saw Gren and his actions, playing against him and his consort. He also saw the attempt to steal his people on the pathetic boats to take them to Eversummer.
What angered him the most was his arrogance and his lack of gratitude in face of those who were mightier thna him.

He decided to speak to him, as he called out to gods.
"Gren, my most unfaithful son. I see you are working against me, and against your kinsmen, scoffing at the gifts I bestowed upon the world. What right do you have to do this, in face of your sovereign?
HOW DARE YOU COME TO MY LAND AND TAKE MY DWARVES AWAY, THINKING I WOULD ALLOW IT?
I SHALL STRIKE YOU DOWN AND BRING ALL YOU DO TO ASH IF YOU WILL NOT CEASE!
How do you hope to prevail against the lord of the skies and lord of the rock? Lord of the craft and Wrath incarnate? Do you think I will stand idly by the side while you undermine me? I will curse you and all you do, turning your work to naught. You shall know no peace and live in ruin, only to see my glory that you rejected so foolishly.

Return to my fold, become my personal agent and many things can be mended and the mortals improved. You can see clearly which path will bear prosperity and which one will bear ruin"

Minor act: Using Udil's power over the skies, he summons storms that sink any boats that try to set out from Desolate outside of Udil's jurisdiction.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: March 19, 2013, 05:32:29 am »

Corvus watched the storm, through Gren's eyes.

Gren was his ally. He needed to help him.
"I will not let that pass."

Retract an act from breaking the bond.

Act: Quell the Storm and afford the ships safe passage.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: March 19, 2013, 06:56:50 am »

Her head turns to face Corvus through the depths of space, Seeing his expenditure of power, returning to him. "Udil will hardly stop at that, Crow... If you would like, I will grant them my protection as well. For a favor, of course. They are not my followers, so it is hardly a problem to me, outside of their possible weakening of one we mutually dislike."
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: March 19, 2013, 07:35:19 am »

" Aldemas! I was sure that my attempt to revive you has failed! Sorry, I'd like to chat, but I need to prepare for my pregnancy, you may discuss wars, alliances and stuff like that with my wise husband
"Aahh. So you were the one who had revived me. If so, I owe you my Eternal gratitude Vanida; and you shall be duly rewarded. I shall attempt to aid you in your ventures, as I owe everything, including my life, to you.
If only you would fight, then our situation would be much more suited to me. And the Liar Corvus would die quicker."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: March 19, 2013, 07:57:36 am »

Her head turns to face Corvus through the depths of space, Seeing his expenditure of power, returning to him. "Udil will hardly stop at that, Crow... If you would like, I will grant them my protection as well. For a favor, of course. They are not my followers, so it is hardly a problem to me, outside of their possible weakening of one we mutually dislike."
"I do not ask that you involve yourself in a conflict which doesn't concern you. I will only seek your help in desperate times or should you truly wish to aid me freely, favour or no.

Gren is my ally, and so I must aid him. He has cast his lot with the giants, and so I must help them."

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: March 19, 2013, 08:18:55 am »

'Your offer is intruiging......... I see your goal, and I embrace this, but I know not whether I can trust you. I will gather some small number of my followers on my shores, and you may give your gifts to them, but no others for now. Are we agreed?'
And so Feros travelled throughout the North, telling of the catalyst of change. He told his followers that they were free to merge with this being, although he could not guarantee their safety. If they wished to do so, they were to gather on the southernmost shore.
I do not expect to gain your trust so easily anymore than I plan to give my own without consideration.  Still as I said, we seem to have mutually beneficial goals so there is no reason not to work together.  If things work out from there, perhaps we shall take our partnership further.  I agree to your terms, and I believe you shall be quite happy with your decision.  You shall gain followers with new abilities and in return I will be able to propagate my kind and ensure our survival.

Catalysts are sent to meet up with the followers of Feros that wish to be turned.  These volunteers will be infected and turned into Evolved but they will maintain most of their free will and personalities.  (Basically they'll be The Altered)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 11:27:22 am by gman8181 »
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: March 19, 2013, 08:29:08 am »

Gren

The Corvite Libraries were long outdated and old, far behind the Technology of the Giants and thus you dont really find a reason to keep the Scrolls around.

[?] As Gren approaches the Lands of the Karas he is welcomed like a king. An Old Karas approaches you, apparently an revered Shaman or Clan Leader.

"For many years our people have watched the Greatmen in the Skies. The Legends tell how they protected us from the Firesnakes, how they saved the land and then returned into the their Sky Fortress. The Legends also tell of you smallman. The Karas have not forgotten, we will follow you to the Keep of the Greatmen and incline our Heads to them."

Thousands of Karas go back to Spireright where they all bow before the Giants.[?] Your plan worked too good. Instead of worshipping the Crow God, of which they never heard they listen to the Giants, the Sons of Thaneos who tell of the Great Allfather. How he created them and the Karas and that both races are brothers.
In the following months Spireright is slowly rebuilt, although not one of the Karas raises a Shrine to Corvus. Instead they build Sites of Remembrance to the Father of Giants.

[?-1] When Gren reaches the Lands of the Fire Giants he is treated with suspicion. The Eldtursar had heard of the Crowgod. THeir memories however are not so fond. They do not like him, after all he had stolen away some of their Children. In their Stories he is remembered as the Snatcher of Children, who disguises as kindly Old Man and then turns into a massive Crow and steals away unfortunate Young Giants. [?-1] When Gren tells them of other Giants they are intrigued but still, they do not trust the Tiny Man in front of them. However a few Emissaries agree to follow him.

[3] The Crow is a sign that is reluctantly welcomed, but when asked to leave their lands [2] the Dwarves deny politely, they might not be following Udil anymore but htey have established their own homes here in the last 300 years. A few adventurous ones would go but their are too few and too poor to follow through with their plans.

[?] Finally Gren's teachings of Medicine go mostly unheard in the foreign lands, but once returned home they are taken up by those that remember the Cult of the Wanderer. Like in the Old Times Karas and a few Giants wander the land putting Grens teachings to use and telling the Legends of the Dragonslayer and the Allfather.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: March 19, 2013, 08:31:38 am »

Vanida was busy preparing to the so long delayed wedding night, she took a bath, she picked one gorgeous red dress from the number of offered to her by the best tailors of the dwarven kingdom and now most trusted White sisters cared about her hairs. She was relaxed, happy and calm, soon she'll share the bed with her husband

I need no reward for myself, Aldemas She answered the god of light All I ask you, do not hurt mortals, especially ones that serve me and my husband. Bring the light to that world, I revived you for that. 

Then, when white sisters finished the preparation Vanida went to the bedroom and sent  a message to Volondor. It wasn't that calm and gentle tone she used to speak with Aldemas but another one, full of passion and desire  My love! Leave our pathetic enemies to plan their stupid plots and let some mortals to break their own necks by leaving us, their fate will be a lesson for others. Everything can wait. I need you. I want you. Go here! Enjoy your Goddess of Lust, Goddess of Passion, Goddess of Pleasure, Goddess of Sweet Madness before she changes to the calm Goddess of Love she aims to be
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: March 19, 2013, 10:48:35 am »

The waters of this planet were fine for growing but in time new land would be needed if the Catalyst was to progress uninhibited.  The Catalyst remembered seeing other systems on his way to despair.

Feros, I may soon need to expand beyond this planet.  Do you have any recommendations for when I search out new lands to colonize?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 11:11:35 am by gman8181 »
Sure thing peanut man!

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: March 19, 2013, 11:33:25 am »

Volondor awaited for Gren's answer and after receiving it, he departed.
His wife was calling him, and she called out to him in a voice that left litte to be guessed.
He himself took care to clean himself up, dress up regally but comfortably and to follow into her chambers.

Volondor spends some private time with Vanida.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 11:35:08 am by Ardas »

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: March 19, 2013, 12:05:46 pm »

After some well spend time Vanida had a more pressing matter, in that world she needed a weapon to protect herself, her unborn child and mortals that she cared about. And she chosen one. A bow

Together with Gray Brothers, well know archers and crafters she created a masterpiece bow and a matching quiver and blessed it with her powers, she transfered a large chunk of her passion  and lust in it as being loyal to one man she never needed as much as she had inside. As Vanida's hair changed from red to golden, The quiver turned bright red and ethereal arrows made from a pure lust appeared in it. Should that arrows hit any being it would be overfilled with deadly, all-consuming,  self-destructive pleasure, simmilar to one that once killed children of Az-Sho. Vanida knew how dangerous passion is, especially for one who doesn't know how to control it
She named the new weapon "Red Sister" In a memory of fierce warrioresses she liked so much in the past

1 act Craft a bow and a quiver for Vanida. Name it "Red Sister"
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: March 19, 2013, 12:20:09 pm »

The waters of this planet were fine for growing but in time new land would be needed if the Catalyst was to progress uninhibited.  The Catalyst remembered seeing other systems on his way to despair.

Feros, I may soon need to expand beyond this planet.  Do you have any recommendations for when I search out new lands to colonize?
'Beyond this world my knowledge grows meager at best, strange one. Those of ehich I do know would likely not welcome you. But there are many worlds - you would require no more than a spark of life on one such to make it your own, would you not? if so, I would be more than happy to provide, as long as I am remembered for it.'
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: March 19, 2013, 12:44:35 pm »

Even the most barren worlds can provide sustenance enough for me to live.  Still I do not wish to limit myself to basic survival.  It is only through joining constantly with new beings that I grow stronger and this world possesses the greatest diversity of all those I have seen thus far.  I thought that being a god, you might be able to sense other worlds with an abundance of life as well.  Perhaps I shall explore on my own in the future.  Regardless I am grateful for your offer.
Sure thing peanut man!
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 61