Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 61

Author Topic: Pantheon Play Thread: In the beginning there was...  (Read 85894 times)

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon Play Thread: In the beginning there was...
« Reply #750 on: March 18, 2013, 05:31:03 pm »

Aldemas pays no heed; for if the shield listens to Corvus, it shall listen to him; for they are the one and the same. Both a two parts of the same machines. He must simply will the Barrier to open for him.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: March 18, 2013, 05:31:56 pm »

Kar'lan appears to rub the place where temples would be on his skull and then states, "You finally get the ability to learn what you were trying to, and then you leave...Someone please explain the logic here?"
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: March 18, 2013, 05:32:30 pm »

The Barrier is of course, attuned to Corvus and Corvus alone, and so ignores this new presence's will. Luckily for the Guardians, Corvus has willed them to enter and leave freely.

"Just stay and listen, before you leave."

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: March 18, 2013, 05:34:06 pm »

'If this issue is resolved for now, I will leave you. I am loathe to leave my worshippers in the shade of the giants.'
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: March 18, 2013, 05:35:37 pm »

Fine then, what is it you wish; before I take my leave?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 05:38:41 pm by javierpwn »

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: March 18, 2013, 05:36:59 pm »

Fine then, what is it you wish; before I take my leave?

"Let me see...how about sticking around in order to have your question answered?" Karlan spoke in an exhasperated tone.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: March 18, 2013, 05:38:38 pm »

"That would be in your best interests, yes? You wish to know what you wish to know. the Crow will tell you this."
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: March 18, 2013, 05:41:10 pm »

"You demanded a story after your passing, you will get it.

After you died, Aodun, the Phoenix created a Spire gaining power. I fled off planet to avoid the wrath of various gods. A Great War between Az-Sho and Udil ensued. Aodun tried to attack, the Overgod imprisioned him. Thaneos attacked Az-Sho for trespassing. Az-Sho and Thaneos were killed, and I took in his child, Aur-Sha. The continents were sunk and burnt by the result. Soon after, the rift became a problem and Aodun broke out of the prison he was put in. He consumed many gods, until all existing gods attacked him in an attempt to destroy him. He was destroyed, but a far worse presence was unleashed; Un'Girlan, who broke in through a rift.  The attack on Aodun caused the world to turn into a hellish realm of despair, until Udil, having fused with another god, fixed it. He now holds an iron grip on the world alongside his queen Vanida, who has rejected my help on the terms of me killing you and being an ally of Az-Sho.

Did I miss anything?"
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 05:43:16 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: March 18, 2013, 05:42:28 pm »

"Our Exodus, Crow, though I would assume this obvious."
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: March 18, 2013, 05:43:41 pm »

"Un'Girlan being trapped and the names of the other gods who helped fix Despair."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: March 18, 2013, 05:46:49 pm »

"Ah, and Fatianna moved the moon away from the planet to keep it safe from Vanida and Un'Girlan, the Devourer.

Also, Un'Girlan was sealed by the now dead god Vasvaldi, and I, Feros, Lo, Vanida, and Fatianna aided in the world fixing and Feros, Fatianna, Lo, Kar'Lan and I, as well as Sabt Golgo, sealed the rift from which the gods sprung."

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: March 18, 2013, 05:50:00 pm »

Aldemas was sad; the news was grim. His Shades either dead or scattered. He would take his proper leave, with new information in hand.
[glow=purple,2300]My Shades... They must be dead... My ties to the planet of Old have been utterly crushed. But I shall still return, to both see the devastation myself, and start anew.
Allow me to leave Corvus... I wish to see the devastation myself.[/glow]

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: March 18, 2013, 05:55:19 pm »

"The world is fixed. Udil-Volondor had a hand in it.

I send my condolences to you, Aldemas, and I apologise for your killing, but it was in my self defence."

Allow Aldemas to leave the moon.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: March 18, 2013, 05:59:09 pm »

As Aldemas left, Kar'lan turned to the Guardians, and spoke, "There is a matter that I feel like I need to bring up.  Something is happening in the Deadlands.  Creatures that have the ability to devour souls are being made."

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: March 18, 2013, 06:21:40 pm »

Udil-Volondor was pleased with his work, seeing world recover, but saddened by the exodus of some of his dwarves. But his powers were back, his kingdom restored and the most beautiful female of the universe was his consort. It was a matter of time before the unbelievers and humans would see works of Volondor and take them as a sure sign of greatness to be worshiped.

Aodun's mighty spire, now crumbled, was nonetheless a perfect blueprint and a thing to be copied. and at present, only Udil-Volondor had the power to drain upper echelons of aether off power that was wasted without controlling deity. it was time for him to assert his power as the lord of the heavens, so he decided to create a mighty spire, a column of storms and clouds that would emanate his power and draw from Aether. His Mighty Act was woven into it and he imprinted it with his air to ensure it would not be hijacked. 

Lastly, He gleaned into the path of the souls of his believers and saw that all living sentients were reaped and pulled into the domain of Kar'lan, who condemned them to eternity of darkness. Volondor took pity on them and saw it fit to take his act and weave up an extra-dimensional domain that would be the afterlife of all those that believed in Udil's Pantheon. He weaved them to be a microcosm of an ideal world - a world we beautiful mountains hid splendid halls for dwarves that overlooked magnificent fertile plains where humans and other land dwellers could exist, while boundless sea with no predators and bountiful food awaited all water-dwellers that believed. This Eternal Dreamland, Volindia, would contain souls of all the faithful and would empower the pantheon further to protect the believers for darkness of Kar'lan, that form now on would be the the Reaper in the Darkness, who comes to take all the despicable ones.
Then Volondor travelled a while among his followers and among the surface dwellers, talking to them about pantheon and the Afterlife. Their souls could be saved and thier ways mended, for all those that remain godless, fall into the great pit of Kar'lan to never see their loved ones again. He would allow the mortals to take a peek behind the curtain of reality, to allow them for a briefest moment see the void of death and compare it with a realm he built for them.

Lastly, a final task of recolonizinfg the surface remained. While some chose to leave already, now it was time for humans of Udilsbor to be living on their own terms with Udil's Pantheon watching over them. With his might, Udil ordered the dwarves to rebuild the Highway that connected every continent and allow all who believed in him to travel to other places to colonize them. Humans would be free, now safe to live above the ground. Udil would protect them, Volondor would feed them and Vanida would love them.

1 Mighty act -Udil copies the idea of Aoudun's spire and Creates the Column of Storms. This is his own spire, wrought from basalt and reaching into the sky, where its surrounded by a crown of clouds and lighting, placed on the South Pole. It drain the Aether and void place of the Elder god for mighty acts to be given to Udil. It would also work as a weapon, shooting a targeted pillar of lightning on any point of the surface of the planet, acting as a giant lightning cannon via the benefit of Udil's mastery of the air.

1 Normal Act - Volondor creates afterlife for the followers of his pantheon, Volindia, to save them from being taken by Kar'lan. Vanida and other associated gods draw benefit form it too, as long as they are member deities of the Pantheon and are in agreement with Udil and send the souls of their cults there.
Then Volondor preaches to all on the surface and beneath it to convert and explains to them the benefit of being saved from Kar'lan's darkness.

Order: Dwarves are to restore the highway that connects all continents. They are to spread and colonize them. Humans of Udilsbor are let out to go through those tunnels too, to repopulate the surface world on all continents in name of Udil's pantheon.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 06:31:25 am by Ardas »
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 61