Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 61

Author Topic: Pantheon Play Thread: In the beginning there was...  (Read 85915 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon Play Thread: In the beginning there was...
« Reply #285 on: February 28, 2013, 04:09:20 pm »

"In that case, then I have naught else to do."

Corvus glowed with his final dregs of strength. He refused to die so easily.

He faded into energy and attempted to drive Aldemas into insanity, knowingly killing himself to spite the enemy.

Use the last dregs of my power to drive Aldemas insane at the cost of my remaining strength knowing full well it might not work and knowing full well I will die.

Failing that, direct my energy into the veil, making sure Aldemas is unable to use it as a mighty act.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 04:15:04 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: February 28, 2013, 04:47:25 pm »

It is a pitiful fight indeed. At least for godlike levels...for a mortal it would have been still impressive. Still it was a pitiful alst try of two starving dogs trying to survive. While Aldemas takes the initiative, Corvus is far more desperate, using all his power to play with the mind of Aldemas, driving him slowly insane. Shooting his energy at hallucinations, at the air and even starting to hurt himself he treis to kill Corvus in vain...a single strike hits Corvus more out of accident then of anything else. Finally entirelly driven mad by Corvus, he attacks what looks first like Corvus then turns out to be a Shade and in reality was a Stone. Driven by madness and guilt Aldemas finally takes his own life, his essence invigorating Corvus, giving him new life, making him feel almost like born again. Power he hasn't felt in a long time was surging through his veins.Where Aldemas falls however the land dies...withers and becomes infertile. It turns into a desert with Black Sand. Slowly but surely this stain on the Continent is spreading...

Aldemas God of Shadows has been killed.
Corvus gains a Mighty Act
The Fourth Continent slowly withers and turns into a vast Black Sand Desert.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: February 28, 2013, 04:56:06 pm »

Feros sensed the slaughter. But such was the way of things. The world would carry on as ever before. But it did inspire him. He spoke to the Northmen once more:
'Children, I am the wilds, the predator and the prey. You are hunters indeed, but without the hunted, you would not thrive. Therefore I bid you thus - whenever you make a kill, in battle or on the hunt, offer up those parts which you do not use to me, as well as the creatures energy, so that you may learn to better respect those upon whom you rely. For life is a cycle, and a broken link spells disaster for all within.'

Feros asks the Northmen to offer up the essense of the creatures they kill, in battle and in hunting, to him
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 04:58:27 pm by sjm9876 »
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: February 28, 2013, 05:00:47 pm »

Corvus, desperate, quickly fled off the world, and first used his power to create a small world, populated eith plant and animal life that was edible, useful, and nutritious, orbiting around the planet which was not pulled in or affected by normal gravity, and used his gained power to create a race that would worship him, in his image. He had the power, now he needed to use it to survive.

He looked sadly onto the desert as he fled.

"Sorry, Aldemas. I will bear this power knowing that I gained it by terrible means."

Corvus flew to the continent and created the Crowborn, a race in his image, who were hyper intelligent as fractions of his power, and long lived ; living centuries at most, in order to assure his survival, and bestowing upon them increased physical strength.

"I will not risk them dying so fast. Not now."

He then created a small city, Ravenas, with a small library and a temple to him within, to house these creatures, and to ensure their survival. He wanted them to have a great start in life, and he would not let this life go to waste.

He would atone for Aldemas later, and already he felt the weight of his sin upon his heart, but he shook it away for now. He decided to follow through with atoning.

With a bit more power, he sent a small parcel to the remaining Shades, containing the knowledge to create books to record their history, as well as other magical purposes, before using whatever was left of the act to safeguard his people and land for any divine influence save his.

These were tumultuous times, and now with a new lease on life, Corvus was not going to take this for granted.

He retreated into Ravenas and rested in a small house. He would make this life better. He wouldn't waste it like last time.

Mighty Act:Create the Crowborn, a race of sentient, long lived humanoid crows who are hyper intelligent and worship Corvus as their fathergod on a new planetary body covered with everything needed for sustaining life, orbiting the current planet, and house them in the city of Ravenas, made from the act itself,learning from his mistakes the first time, before sending a small packet of information on magical book writing to the Shades, then finally shielding his people and their land and planet from divine influence excepting him.  He then retreats into Ravenas, resting for next turn.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 07:32:29 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: February 28, 2013, 05:02:02 pm »

Back in his capital, Udil readies himself once more. He created a mighty civilzation, ensuring the survival of dwarfkind, but he would not be able to protect them form the gods if he himself wasn't one. He was missing a piece in the puzzle. He sought to rectify that. It was time to gear up for war.

2 Acts: Udil reforges Lifestealer in the Eternal Forge, granting it additional divine power (upgrade Lifestealer with power of 2 acts)

« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 05:14:28 pm by Ardas »

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: February 28, 2013, 05:22:57 pm »

Traurig's prayers seemed to go unanswered.  Fair enough, he would find his own way or he would die trying.  There were few other options.  He knew he had to find people to follow him.  Even as powerful as he was, it was not nearly enough and there was only so much that could be done alone.  The seaspawn were enslaved but his attempts to free them had been for naught.  They were too weak to flee with him much less fight and all the shades sent from Ademas had died...  Yes Ademas.  Traurig no longer felt his presence alongside him as he had in the past.  Perhaps he had abandoned him.  Maybe he no longer cared to help the seaspawn... or maybe he was gone and Traurig had been to late to help like he had promised.  There had to be some way to gain followers.  To gain strength and bring power his people.

1 minor act: create a suit of bronze armor for myself that covers up all of my visible features so other beings wont be able to recognize me as a seaspawn.  Also create a bronze sword but edge it with a little bit of my divine blood so it can harm more dangerous enemies.

Wear my new gear and go to find my fellow seaspawn on the coasts on which they take refuge.  Walk amongst them and help out as many as I can.  If they are in danger save them.  Befriend all I talk to and tell them of my quest to unite the seaspawn into a nation capable of growing in power and stature so as to rival all the other nations of the world.  Tell them I am strong enough to lead them to a new future, one of greatness and prosperity.  If any doubt me, challenge them to non lethal combat so as to prove my power.

Group together my followers and return to the waters.  Begin construction of a seaspawn coral tower.  I will personally defend my people living in the tower and I will also train my followers in the art of combat.  If there is time try and develop better weapons and armor.  Capture some sea animals like sharks as well and try to train them.  Some will be trained for combat others will be kept for food.

If I pass the 4th continent at any time, make a stop and see if I can recruit at least one shade to follow me.  Tell them I am an old friend of Aldemas and that I would make their people great again.

Edited my post to take out the visit to the squiddles; instead going to the seaspawn coast
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 08:30:44 pm by gman8181 »
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: February 28, 2013, 06:05:54 pm »

and here he saw it, the divine fight in a far-off land, the God of knowledge and God of Darkness. He was impressed with the desperation, with the fight. But there was no joy in the killing. No wrath. These divines were like rabid animals, unworthy of their power.

Ravenas was a beautiful city - Udil saw the power emanating form it using his Spider-granted spirit vision. And the knowledge of the city... It would be his. Dwarves would know the sweet taste of conquest and gain knowledge that will spur thme on to the greatest heights and Himself to great might.

Before he set out on that trip though, he knew he had to bolster the power of his dwarves. They were numorus, but the many fortresses he envisioned, the many conquests that were to be had, the very survival of dwarfkind had to be ensured.
So he took the power of Life he had remaining, and took it to the Eternal Forge. Just as the fires gave shape to metal, so would they also grant life to metal and stone. Udil worked hard on creating the right formulas, ensuring that the impurities were burned away an that the procedures would not contaminate the material or leak energy. It took him many days and nights, but the project of the Dwarven God King was ready. From now on, dwarves would know secrets of working metal and stone into living servants - Golems.

1 Life Act -Udil creates formulas and recipies that grant life to metal and stone to create Golems and binds them to dwarven essence (i.e only the dwarves are able to activate the formulas).
Golems are automata - bound to the will of the dwarves and unable to rebel against them.

Udil sets out with his armies via the intercontinetal tunnels (From now on known as The Dwaven Highway) towards Ravenas to siege it. He also calls upon Corvus to reveal himself to Udil.

(STOP RUNNING AWAY)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 06:18:28 pm by Ardas »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: February 28, 2013, 06:13:16 pm »

((Ravenas is now on a moon.))

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: February 28, 2013, 06:36:01 pm »

Corvus then heard the distant rumblings of a forgotten terror in his escape. Looking for his city, for him.

Udil.

He remembered the Godslayer. He had torn Neyravah down. Neyravah was more powerful than Corvus was, and he knew that it would doom him to face Udil upfront, unless it were with the power of the Overgod itself, and probably not even that.

Knowing this, he set aside several of the Crowborn, and told them that he required them to train some of their kin to fight, though they were in his image and disliked war.  He told them that it would be a necessity, due to the world they lived in, and they complied. Henceforth, they formed the Ravenguard, and they would attempt to create a formidable force to defend Ravenas, and any Crowborn land, from invaders.

The Crowborn were busy that night, preparing many weapons for the Ravenguard, and learning from the texts in the library of Ravenas on how to wield weapons which they never knew how to utilise.

Corvus then resumed his rest.

He knew Udil would find some way to take Ravenas for his own, and even if the dwarf god didnt, then someone else would.

He would not let that happen. Not while he had the power.

Establish the Ravenguard, a group of Crowborn militiamen to protect Ravenas from potential attackers.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 06:38:13 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: February 28, 2013, 07:10:59 pm »

Are there any gods that can tell me where to find the shades?
Sure thing peanut man!

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: February 28, 2013, 07:15:35 pm »

Corvus decided to answer this small request, to help the shades, and atone for killing Aldemas.

If Traurig is listening, he should hear Corvus respond with "The Fourth Landmass".

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: February 28, 2013, 07:26:28 pm »

Traurig hears the voice of a god answer his question.  He sends a pulse of gratitude back as his reply.
Sure thing peanut man!

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: February 28, 2013, 11:56:13 pm »

Terra Majoris? My lord of the morning…sundered being. Master-creator.

Tem-Korru…thief of the master. Enslaver-murderer.

Obdum…kindly protector. Builder-Forgiver.

Taerai…aspirant. Employer-wanderer.

Crow? Snake? Kangaroo? Polyp?

Memories. Eons upon eons she had lived and wandered. She-am I that now?- remembered that. Lifetimes -or was it a year?- of walking the Great Void, serving the Overgods and their ways. She was never meant to have wandered beyond that plane of existence…and yet she had. She had been torn from home by the Thief...and descended into Void. That journey had taken her singular mind. Yes, I am two now, two! Two minds are better than one!

Her mind was still foggy from another journey through the Narrow Ways and she still did not remember how she had come to follow this…Taerai. It was quite likely that she had not at all spoken to this Overgod in the least. Still, she couldn't just turn back now…Besides, this universe could use some improvement. Quite a bit, wouldn't you agree Harum? Let's not go overboard this time Ushtam. Far too risky.

Her minds agreed on that. There would be no risks this time, no foolishness. She was not sure why, but she felt that doing so was not in her best interests.

She looked over the universe, seeing nought but two lonely planets around a lonely sun. A curious structure surrounded one, as if it were a ring. Rings! We loved those, didn't we? Yes, yes we did…but were they on our fingers or on the planets?

She willed her unformed mass towards the system and sensed the presence of Others on the ringed planet. The inhabitants have focused their powers on this planet. Interesting. Now where is this Taerai? Must speak with him. We three are all new to this place, after all. Ah, there he is!

"Lord Taerai? God of gods? Be that you? We are Lo and we seek to serve you in this universe. We wish to...improve the state of this plane and I assure you that we have the...experience to do so. We ask for nothing else...Would you allow us?"
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 12:00:15 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: March 01, 2013, 03:11:42 am »

Back in the spire

Aodun lazily turns to face the serpent. "What madness hath passed Thy mind to barge uninvited into My abode in such flair? Retirest Thyself at once and returnest in no less than a century, for only then may I have forgiven this slight, except Thou wouldst rather be made pay for the bad mood Thou hast brought upon me; then, perhaps, We may have matters to treat, until then, however, Thou art unwelcome"

High above the Heavens

The Phoenix stands victorious atop the Overgod's fading remains, all but rendered to nothing by the cosmic fires, gorging itself on Avarian's escaping essence. Yet still, the position of Overgod was not one it coveted, that would be a burden for another one, but for now, it acted, for it would not be long before others came seeking to profit on its moment of weakness as it did on Avarian's, its despised opposite. Should they come, however, that one fight would take a very different turn, for unlike the carcass below him, it'd be prepared.

Tapping into its ludicrous reserves of power, Aodun further Empowers its flames (2 Mighty Acts), now so easily beyond any comparison that they can only be comprehended by their namesake. Not yet done with its work, the Great Phoenix sets to create a vessel to contain its awesome might at its leisure and, should it prove necessary, protect it from any and all harm. Weaving what seems to be an ornate and immeasurably heavy full-covering brass armor for a normal human man, Aodun proceeds to infuse it with power immemorial [3 Mighty Acts - Armor of the Pantocrator]. As the Phoenix slowly sips into the armor, aligning it so that it may only ever be used by its creator, an unnatural white glow seems to gently expand outwards, the only visible remains of the flames contained within.

Meanwhile, with Udil

A single fading and massive feather slowly descending through the horizon seems to catch your attention. Oddly patterned, it seems almost ethereal  as wisps of light seem to constantly escape its form. As it reaches the great ocean, it seems to cut its way right through the salt waters, its path unhampered, only to eventually emerge and drift to the shore ahead of you, now completely faded. You are not sure what to make of it as of yet, but that it was a reply, you have little doubt. Perhaps you should stow it away as a keepsake?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 04:14:22 am by Azthor »

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: March 01, 2013, 05:27:17 am »

On the coast...

There it was, a divine answer. A strange feather at the feet of the dwarf. He did not see it or its exotic shape, but his spirit vision easily allowed him to see the contours of it and the immense power that pulsated from it. No, the residue of power - so terribe, so fiery, so far unatched by any deity that he came into contact with. He knew that this was a sign, but was it an initation of a dialogue, or a mere token of aknowledgment?

Udil pondered over it as he picked up the feather this his hand, slowly turning it around and piercing it ith his spirit gaze. He would keep it on him always, as long as Aodun's favour was with him. He was eager to find out its secrets, to get in touch with the Elder that held himself high above everyone and everything.

Udil takes the feather of Aodun for keeping.

----------------------------------------------------------

The God King of Dwarves and Father of all of the 9th Continent looked at the domain of Az-Sho. they were weak, pathetic. beings fo fire and power, moving around in obsolete gear, living obsolete lives, worshipping an obsolete god.

Udil recalled that Ashborn and Fireborn were of his kind, turned into servants of the serpent that for so long proclimed to be his ally and master of this continent. But his power waned and he was weak. Udil despised him for turning his fellow dwarves into abominationsand making them weak, bleeding in wars against deities that had nothing against dwarves.

It was clear that the 9th Continent was destined to be a dwarven dominion -and it was time to make it a reality.

Mighty dwarven forges and quarries, equipped with secret formulas that breathed life into metal and stone began producing armies of golems that would serve as heavy hitters for God King and also pacify Az-Sho followers at home. Udil knew that the serpent would long be messing up his plans before he finally died. But that obsolete worm would die. And Udil will ascend.

As thew troops marched and slaughter was immient, Udil armed with his Lifestealer, feather under his armor and a Company of Stone guard around him, called into the direction fo the fiery mountains:
"Az-Sho! You pathetic worm! Show yourself and submit to my power! You have grown weak and it is time for new breed of gods to take place as rulers of this world! Submit to the Order I bring or perish!"

Udil orders golem production for his army to defend the fortresses and to pacify Az-Sho follwers among dwarves only if they turn unruly .
Udil raises another 4 armies - enough to demoilsh all of Az-Sho's followers and begins agressive camapign, staying clear of volcanic areas though.
Udil calls Az-Sho to come to him.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 09:19:19 am by Ardas »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 61