Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 61

Author Topic: Pantheon Play Thread: In the beginning there was...  (Read 85852 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon Play Thread: In the beginning there was...
« Reply #270 on: February 27, 2013, 09:44:18 pm »

The snake continued to stare coolly at Thaneos.
As I said, we have concluded our business here, though you may regret your proclamation. We may return, but not as warmongers; our role in that is concluded.
With that, the apparition flickered out, as if a breath had fallen too harshly on a candle. The crusade looked upward, searching for their god. Had he been vanquished?
Their fears were put to rest by the now-familiar rumble from the depths.
You have done well, my children. Retribution has been had for your brothers and sisters laid low by the wiles of Vanida. You are victorious.
Gather up the fallen and bring them back to the Snakepeak with you; we will leave none of our own, but rather what we do to those who would wrong us behind. The fight is almost over, my children, and you will not be harmed in the last battle.
You have done your part.

Az-Sho congratulates the crusaders, and bids them return home with the bodies of the fallen and al their equipment. Leave nothing behind but the ruins of Vanida's followers.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: February 28, 2013, 04:24:19 am »

Far from above Vanida witnessed both the battle and Thaneos words. One could expect that she would be broken and in hysteric state, but she wasn't even close to that. She felt sisterly love. Love to all of the fallen. The feeling she never experienced before. And that new feeling was marvelous

True, she was sad but also she was proud on how brave her sisters were. She was grateful, that they fought  in her name to the death. She was happy that they died free, young and beautiful. Much better death than most people ever faced.  "Thank you, my sisters. It's me the one who should worship you, not vice versa. You were... No, you ARE better than me. I shall never forget your heroism She whispered softly, only the spider and some of her children could hear her

Vanida wanted to act so badly, wanted to react on everything that happened but she had no power for a retaliation. But she was overfilled with emotions and Vanida spread the word among the inhabitants of the ring. She told them a story  about brave and beautiful warrioresses, about their magnificent temple, about their passionate rituals, about pure and chaste white sisters, about their loyalty to each other, about their last battle against numerous vile creatures with superpowers that brave mortal women (and their male brothers) never had. She never mentioned that they were her worshipers. She called them sisters. Also she never said that this vile creatures are creations of another god, as she didn't want to spread a single word about the damned snake, she wanted to throw Az-Sho out of her mind at least for now

Add stories about Red Sisterhood to the lessons\chats described in my previous post
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: February 28, 2013, 01:16:44 pm »

Turn 7

And again the Universe is drenched in Blood.
High above the Heavens the Phoenix and the Overgod meet for a Duel which could be seen across the entire planet, a Spectacle which would go on for days.
One thing became apparent from the beginning the Overgod was exhausted and the Phoenix was emanating incredible Power. Waves of Fire hit the Overgod, which could be seen even from the Earth, gouts of flame melting away parries of ice with ease. And all the time it rained...for days on end a Rain never felt by anyone on the Planet a Rain of so cataclysmic proportions that the Seas started to cool and the waters started to rise. The Battle continued the Mighty Phoenix undaunted by the Overgod...and finally after 5 Days of fight, after constant pounding rain, after nights alit by fire, it stopped. The Fire stopped but the rain continued...for days, for weeks, for a whole month.

But the people of the Planet had other things to take care of other things which rained down. Shattered. Banished by Sabt Golgo they rained unto the Nine Continents and the Seas. And they wreaked havoc. Shapeshifters able to Slow the Time ravaged the lands. 6 of the Nine Continents blood flowed in terrible amounts, fledgling settlements and kingdoms barely advanced into the Bronze Age were slaughtered by the thousands by the millions. So many died. And many more would follow. In the North the Shattered where deemed as a sign by the great White Father and the Clans united but were beaten. Again and again, barely teetering on the edge of survival they were driven high into the Mountains holing up in Mountain Forts barely surviving the Madness of the Shattered.

In the South Eversummer stood still aflame. The Cult of the Red Woman, weakened accepted the Rule of the Inquisition and the City States bowed to the Worship of Thaneos. When the Shattered struck, they faced a concerted army of Hadrian Legions, Red Sister Remains, Heavy Karas Cavalry and Giants Armed in the Father's Steel. It took years and heavy losses but finally the Shattered would be hunted down and exterminated in Eversummer.
The Returning Crusaders meanwhile were welcomed in the Cities of the Dwarves, in Triumph parades they were hailed as heroes, something that wouldn't happen at home.
Snakepeak was in a state of open warfare with constant attacks of Shattered from everywhere. Even Emberguards armed in Jötnite had troubles of keeping the beasts at bay. It would be years till the Shattered would have been driven into the deepest parts of the Jungles.

The Coast meanwhile was kneeling eagerly to their new God. The Father of All Dwarves. The Shattered were driven back by Cold Determination and Dwarvish Stubornness. Driven into the Sea they joined their many brothers already there.

The Great Kingdoms of the Squiddles toppled under the Slave Uprisings, the Cooling of the Seas and the Attack of the Shattered. Falling into a state of utter Anarchy Squiddle,Seaspawn and Shades died in a threeway war against each other and the Shattered.

It was in the early days of the Duel between the Gods that Traurig decided to start a raid on a Slave Market trying to free the enslaved Seaspawn. Supported by twelve shades. The pen is guarded by 5 squiddles with Coral spears and the shades easily overhelm them. The Condition of the Slaves is terrible. They are weak and tired, no real help in a fight. Meanwhile the Raid has not gone unnoticed and the group faces an armed batallion of Squiddle Soldiers, armed with spears of Seaspawn Claws. Taking the initiative the Shades dive into the ranks of the Squiddles ripping them apart and swallowing them up. But soon enough the Soldiers recover and with steely determination drive the dark beasts back with professional routine. It takes mere minutes before the Shades are surrounded and killed. Meanwhile Traurig throws himself against their commander who at first parries the blows of the large seaspawn with ease. However as the battle continues it shows that the Seaspawns superior Strength makes the difference and soon enough he begins to rip tentacles from his opponent. It doesn't take long for the Squiddle to bleed out allowing the Seaspawn an escape. However as Traurig turns to escape he is faced with another Squiddle standing in his way. He quickly shoves him away allowing an escape. The Shades left to their Deaths, Traurig barely escapes with his life.
In the passing months the Seas are awash with the Blood of Squiddle,Seaspawn and Shattered alike, the Shades only missing due to their lack of bleeding. The crumbling kingdoms and the malnourished slaves are no challenge for the ravenous Shattered and soon small groups of survivors band together, scavenging from the bottom of the seas. In the passing years the Mountain Turtles turn wild again and soon forests begin to sproud on their backs.

The Shades too primitive for cooperative work are lost without a ordering hand and soon only very few are left.

However as the years pass many a group of surviving Seaspawn travel towards the lands of Eversummer, at first a novelty the Seaspawn soon become a normal sight in the Northern Coastal Cities of Hadria. Praying to Vanida as the Mother and to Thaneos as the Father, they live simple lifes as Dockworkers, Sailors and even Mercenaries defending Merchant Vessels.
Merchant Vessels going as far as the Coasts of the Ninth Continent trading with the Coastal Dwarves for exotic wood, whipdrake hides and precious metals.

In the madness that are the attacks of the Shattered another small Cult springs into prominence among the Northmen, the Cult of Feros God of the Wilds. First worshipped by only hermits and outcasts surviving in the forests, it soon becomes common opinion in some of the Mountainholds that the Shattered were an Angry Call by Feros for the Northmen to return to simpler ways.

In the now sprawling City of Smoulderhome the Emberdwarves get restless. The City is groaning under the burgeoning Dwarven Populace and soon the first Pioneers are sent out to settle new land. Following the many tunnels of the Large network Az-Sho created, soon more and more Dwarven Outposts spring up all along them. The Underhomes are flourishing. As are the Coastal Dwarves. Although not in population the many small Clans grow rich on the Trade with Eversummer.

In the passing of years many things however go unnoticed by the gods. The Lands formerly tainted by Mutares Death, return to their former state. All that remains is a massive gorge splitting a city in two in Eversummer.

In the Secret Plane of the Overgod however things seem to go awry. It is one of the many unspoken laws of the Universe that no copy of another thing can exist, where it does the veil is weakened, frayed. When many copies are created the Veil may be torn open and terrible things may happen. And so they do. The Mighty Wards set up by Avarian vanish with his Death and the gods are painfully aware of what is going on on this newly revealed plane. The Black Butler, The Daemons and the Others become walking conduits of Aether from Beyond the Veil. When they come upon the Earth to do the tasks they are set to do by their god they finally stretch the Veil to far. Aether floods into the ordered Universe, tearing apart the Copies created. the Spill of Aether sinks into the ground changing it...Magic enters the Universe. Even worse. The greatest of Avarians Copies, Sebastian corrupts the entire Second Continent, changing the laws of Physics in that Area causing it to...change.  What remains of Avarians Plane slowly shifts back into the existing Unvierse. The vast living Forest and the True Skrettir find themselves in the Cold unforgiving North. All thats protecting them is the living forest. The Plane finally collapses onto itself leaving a massive rent in the Universe.

Within the passing of two centuries the Planet has changed completely...it has grown altogether colder, the lands are less populous. The Northmen are hiding in their Mountainholds, struggling to survive and to cope with what has gone wrong. The True Skrettir are hiding in their Forests afraid of the Shattered prowling the land. The other Continents are empty of life except for Eversummer where the Empire of Hadria is flourishing and the Ninth Continent where the Dwarf Kingdom of the Coast and the Kingdom of the Underhomes are constantly growing. The Children meanwhile are stagnating fighting to recoup what was lost in the Godwar between Vanida and Az-Sho, the Cooling of the World and the Invasion of the Shattered.

The Worship of Corvus meanwhile has withered and died. His desperate try to gather followers by praying was unfruitful and the Temple at Snakepeak was soon forgotten and overgrown...his worshippers, the Crowblessed, long dead.
Along with it the Faith in the God of Darkness fades...the few Shades left have either forgotten the Old Ways or are not strong enough to keep their God truly alive.

The Overgod has been Killed!

The Squiddles have been reduced in population and thrown back into the Stone Age
The Shades have been reduced to a few dozen members
The Seaspawn have been reduced in population and are living as refugees on the Coastal Cities of Hadria.
The Northmen accept a new Faith: the Cult of the Wildgod
Eversummer unites under Hadria and flourishes. Karas and Seaspawn are integrated into its Society. It advances into Medieval Age.
The Cult of the Red Womand and the Cult of the Wnaderer merge, although Vanida has a strong presence in the Pantheon.
Corvus God of Knowledge is forgotten
Aldemas God of Shadows is almost forgotten.
The Dwarf Kingdom of the Coast grows rich,advances into the Medieval Era and follows the Cult of Udil
The Dwarf Kingdom of the Underhomes grows populous, expands and advances into the Medieval Era.
The Children of Az-Sho stagnate in population and Technology, trying to regain lost glory.
The Mirrorborn clammer for Glory in the Way of the Sisters.
Aodun gains 3 Mighty Acts for killing Avarian.
The Private Plane of Avarian destroys itself and rips a massive rent into the Universe (takes 5 Mighty Acts to heal)
The Daemons,Others,Genies and Sebastian serves as Conduits into the Aether and die bringing Magic into the World.
The Mighty Jungle on the Ninth Continent slowly recedes.

Spoiler:  Entities (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Gods (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Bestiary (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 03:37:31 pm by Ghazkull »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: February 28, 2013, 01:59:10 pm »

Corvus stumbled away from the last human village to kick him out. He was weak. Forgotten. His last follower dead. Even his erstwhile benefactor, Az-Sho, forgot him.

But not dead. The Crow had the last dregs of power remaining in him, and he would be damned if he died.

Corvus refused to die.

It was not his fate. He would make things better if he survived. He would survive. He must. It wasn't the end. Not yet.

He saw Aldemas, the God of Darkness, suffering with the loss of his people. He knew that allying with him could well doom him, but he could at least pass on the knowledge he held to someone else.

Knowing this,he approached the Darkness God.

"I am desperate to live, fellow god. You are in need of knowledge, as your people are dying, but not dead. I am in need of life.

May I...attempt to make a final proposition?"

Corvus wheezed, and waited with bated breath for Aldemas to answer.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: February 28, 2013, 02:08:18 pm »

Feros saw his followers, and he was pleased. It appeared not all the mortals were as blind to their place in the world as the others had lead him to believe. But in the newly godless continent, he saw an opportunity. He spoke to the men of the north:
 'My Children, you have seen the way, and for that I am ever grateful. But the way of the wilds is greater than a single race. I would ask of you to send some of your number down to the newborn living forest of this land. There you will find not only a lifestyle closer to me, but also another people, known to themselves as the Skrettir. Tell them of me, and mingle with them, and you will be all the stronger for it. I will make sure of this.'

- Send some of the northmen to the living forest to find the Skrettir
- Act: Ease the meeting between the Northmen and Skrettir, and allow them to mate. The offspring are like humans but stronger and faster. They are resistant to the cold of the North, and are slightly bestial in nature, with the animal in question varying between individuals, and having a minor effect (eg. hawk = improved vision and speed etc....)
- Name these offspring Wildkin
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 04:59:13 pm by sjm9876 »
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: February 28, 2013, 02:11:43 pm »

Aldemas was weak once more. His Shades too weak to keep him alive, while most had abandoned his ways due to war. The Shattered were an issue which had the resolve to annihilate life as they see fit. He could no longer stand to see the relentless killings of his Shades. He had decided to relocate his Shades once more, away from all the mindless killings so they may recover from the heavy blows dealt to them. He promptly reveals himself to his Shades, and comforts them.
"My children, I can stand no longer to see as you fall. I shall whisk you away to an uninhabited continent, to recover from the wounds given to you; in hopes of recovery. For my kindness shall be limitless to my Children.
Aldemas whisks his Children away from all the fighting, onto a continent farthest away from the fights. He instructs his Shades to live there in peace, and live off the land given to them; while using the life in the Sea for resources.
---
Aldemas felt a weak, yet powerful force speak to him. It was Corvus, and he seemed to be waning greatly with each moment he spoke.
What is it you wish Corvus? Like you, I am weak, and dying; and have not any time to spare talking.

---
In the time left waiting for his Shades to hopefully flourish.; Aldemas heads to the North, seeking worship from previous member of the Cult of the White Father. He speaks to them, to both relay a message, and inspire them to worship.
Members of the Cult of the White Father, your God, with all his might, has fallen. He is no longer able to answer your prayers, and never will be able to again.
However, if you may grant yourselves the privilege of abandoning the Faith of a dead God, and worship me, a live God, I will be able to grant you strength and unity.

Aldemas teleports his Shades to an empty continent, farthest from any Shattered.
He instructs them to flourish using the resources of the Sea, but to live on Land

Aldemas also speaks to former members of the Cult of the White Father.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 02:41:25 pm by javierpwn »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: February 28, 2013, 02:15:41 pm »

"I propose an alliance.

I will provide you and your children with knowledge beyond their wildest dreams, but you must have them worship both of us. For I am closer to death than you, but I am willing to follow your conditions as long as you respect, if you will, my only condition thus far."

Corvus hacked wheezily. He had almost no strength left, and he could sense this too in Aldemas. Nonetheless, he was the only god he knew would take him in if he asked nicely, and it was too dangerous to find out if Feros or Aodun was. Az-Sho had already forgotten him, and Sabt Golgo was too far of a trip away for Corvus to survive it.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: February 28, 2013, 02:33:45 pm »

"Very well then, you may receive minor worship from them;as long as you eventually live up to your promises of granting them knowledge.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: February 28, 2013, 02:36:14 pm »

"I will not betray my word, as you saw by Az-Sho. I will deliver.

There is the matter of worshippers. Mine are dead. Yours are nearly gone.

It seems we must enter a more powerful god into the alliance, assuming it even exists."

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: February 28, 2013, 02:44:09 pm »

"There are not many Gods willing to take in two Dying Gods, and the my worship crushed by the Shattered; I have decided to move my Shades' residence to the Fourth continent

Right now, you have somewhat empty promises; and I am pressed for power. Your prescience would mean you are taking worship which could be mine. Your worshippers have all died, and I wish not for mine to suffer the same fate. I am having second thoughts about my decision.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 02:51:00 pm by javierpwn »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: February 28, 2013, 02:50:46 pm »

"Nonetheless....we should find a way to increase our power so we do not die soon. We are both fading, and quickly.

Also, mine are dead from old age. Unless you expect me to kill your worshippers, which I cannot afford because I am at your mercy. I have proven myself, surely, by following the Serpent's conditions to the letter, not one step out or a single worshipper of his converted. Also, you cannot afford to reject an offer to make a pantheon, neither can I. We will both die without worshippers.

If you kill me, you will have lost the chance to utilise my knowledge, which may well be useful."
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 02:59:15 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: February 28, 2013, 03:32:31 pm »

Vanida returned to the planet,  to the Eversummer but first she sent a message to the spider "Thank you for hospitality, Sabt Golgo. But I need to come home. "

Right after her arrival to the Hardria Lust godess sent a mental image to Thaneos

" I fail to understand you, the mighty one. I offered you my friendship and even  much more for an aid, you rejected but still you acted so kindly toward my sisters and my sea grandchildren. I will be grateful to you for that forever . You may not consider me a friend, but I do consider you as my friend. Also, I want to say that I seek no revenge to Az-Sho, anymore and will not act hostile towards him or his pathetic servants unless I'll be forced to defend myself.  Once more, thank you. You made Eversummer the best place to live for mortals. Excuse me, if I'll not answer immediately, I will be quite busy, rewarding  the ones who were loyal to me till the end.

And indeed Vanida was busy and concentrated, she flew from one point of Eversummer to another, gathering all the souls of her long dead followers. The ones who fought against slavery alongside with the first prophet, warrioress died in early wars against the Empire. Sisters drowned at waters near Riat, the one who died in the battle of Carth and finally, brave followers fighting against the shattered

1 act  Gather souls of all of her followers died in the past wars

And then she landed near one of the biggest temples of the Hadrian Faith, right under Thaneos' halls. She made new bodies for all souls gathered. Other gods probably would create some supernatural beings but Vanida liked humans, and it was easier to use existing template. She created many, many gorgeous soulless female bodies , that would host souls of the long dead sisters... And brothers that would reborn as women.
The only thing (apart beauty) that made  new bodies special is the fact, that Vanida made them invisible to the eyes of reptilians. At least mortal ones, but even godlike reptiles would need to actively search for this new bunch of Vanida followers to notice. Ironically, Vanida used all the power she leaked from the Az-Sho religion for that disguise

1 act + 1 minor act. Resurrect gathered souls (as many as possible with one act, if not all, then the most loyal only). Give them hot female bodies and reptile's only invisibility

Then she talked to the resurrected

"My sisters. You were loyal to my ideals, you fought for freedom , And give you a second chance. Second life. Many things did change since you left the word. There are no war with Hadaria anymore, Eversummer is united. Weapons became better and many other things. You know that I am not a Goddess that orders her followers around, but I ask you to not have any conflicts with my friend, The Father of Giants or any of his worshipers. As I will not help you in that madness. I suggest you to either join the united religion of Halardia or, should some of you not accept the new ways, use ships to go and create communities on other continents and keep leaving the lives you lived centuries ago, being friends and trading partners of the empire and fighting with various forces of evil.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 03:47:41 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: February 28, 2013, 03:43:23 pm »

Traurig's people were weak.  He had come so close to saving some but they were of no help in the fight and the few followers he did have were lost in the raid.  Something drastic had to be done.  He sent out a prayer.

Are there any gods that would be willing to help me take over a squiddle city?  Preferably by giving my some armor so I can actually fight somewhat effectively.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: February 28, 2013, 04:02:26 pm »

The rift caused by the previous overgod had ONE unintended use that no-one could foresee: The spawning point for the newly arriving overgod.

Taerai looked up the universe... and was dissappointed. Only a single star with two planets had been made throught the reign of TWO previous overgods within this universe. He could but wonder when those two had been overgod if they had any sense of the power they had...

Power.. power. Taerai had felt the pull of two older gods upon his power, but one pull was... stronger than the other. This would be problematic to the extreme. Of course, without introductions, he would never find the source.

So, off he went, to the one world that seemingly had everything on it, including the abberant drain...
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: February 28, 2013, 04:05:10 pm »

"Corvus, as much as I would hate to do this, I am pressed for Power and have chosen to decline your proposition; for fear of my Shades suffering the same fate of your Oversight.May your soul travel peacefully through the Veil.
Mercy kill Corvus if he allows(or fight if he doesn't agree)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 04:08:15 pm by javierpwn »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 61