Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 61

Author Topic: Pantheon Play Thread: In the beginning there was...  (Read 85842 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon Play Thread: In the beginning there was...
« Reply #75 on: January 30, 2013, 09:53:24 am »

(Damn, sorry, I posted in a wrong window  ::) )
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 10:01:19 am by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 30, 2013, 09:56:57 am »

((It's magical godly gravity. That said, I have absolutely nothing against a tidal wave and worldwide flooding. Every mythology needs a flood at some point. Of course, I'll take no responsibility for any of it.))

EDIT: And this was most certainly not supposed to go in this thread. Disregard.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 09:59:24 am by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 30, 2013, 04:33:57 pm »

Neyravah hears mad whispers...
I still see no reason to not just sink the continent into the earth's crust and call it Hell.
"What was that?"
"You know as well as I, 'twas the mad Overgod threatening to destroy the Ninth Continent and all on it."
"Can we let that happen?"
"Of course we can't."
"And shall we do something about it?"
"Why are you talking to me? We're the same Being."
"Who else are we to talk to?"
"...Point. We need to do something."
"But not yet."
"No."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 30, 2013, 06:57:17 pm »

Avarian appeared to the Cult of The White Father in his true form, but modified his form to resemble a vague outline of a Frost Wolf. He later appeared to the other tribes in which there was shaman proselytizing there, but the speech was still the same.
I'm glad that my efforts convinced you to go along with my offer. But, there have been some misunderstanding about the things about me. First, I am not merely the God of Wolves and Frost, I am, instead, the Elder God of Cold. The wolves are not my only children as the Fears and the Whites are my children as well. Second, my true form is a cloud, not a wolf. Thirdly, I am offering a new deal: All of the existing Skrettir will gain the ability to commune with the Fears and ability to see in the night, and all non-Skrettir will be able to drink 2 vials of Frost Wolf Essence and eat 7 Nethersleep berries in order to join the ranks of the Skrettir. That is all.

Avarian then proceeded to create something new, incredibly strong single creatures. The first one he created was a magnificent White Stag which was immune to aging and froze the ground it strode upon. If someone somehow killed the White Stag they would gain the Stag's abilities. The second one he created was a magnificent bird which looked like it was made of ice crystals and was immortal due to the fact that if it died it merely reformed from any ice crystals in the air or on the ground. This was one of the first of many Phoenixes to come.

When Avarian was finally done he went to the Ninth continent and sensed something. The very ground was shaking, so Avarian decided to see what was going on. What he saw shook him to the very core of his being: A very fearsome being of gigantic size seemingly terrorizing the dwarf population who looked very strange and some of them emitted a sort of warmth. He went back to the North in hopes of calming himself down before he did anything rash.

Act:Modify the existing Skrettir with night vision and the ability to talk to the Fears. Also modify the ritual to give these abilities as well.

Minor Act: Make a Phoenix made of ice.
Minor Act: Create the immortal White Stag which froze the ground it walked on.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 06:59:54 pm by Firelordsky »
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 30, 2013, 08:29:28 pm »

Greetings, Avarian. How like you this jungle We have made?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 30, 2013, 08:51:04 pm »

Greetings, Neyravah. I feel like that the jungle is far too hostile for my tastes. I also notice the distinct lack of established settlements and the like. Might I inquire why this is what it is?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 30, 2013, 09:08:45 pm »

"To each their own. There are, actually, some settlements of dwarves--mostly along the coast, but there's some living inland as well. There's not a lot of settlements...but why is that a bad thing?"
Sig

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 30, 2013, 09:40:57 pm »

"I just feel as though having some settlements would be better for trading and communication between the dwarves, but as you say 'To each their own'."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 30, 2013, 11:00:37 pm »

"Hm? As far as I know, the dwarven settlements have a bit of communication with each other. There's this one dwarf, Udil, who I tried to have start this village in the jungle--didn't work out--who made it to Emeraldhome. Shame he vanished, he probably finally picked a fight he couldn't win. Anyways, speaking of Emeraldhome, any idea what happened to the Emerald of Life I made there?"
Sig

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 31, 2013, 07:38:55 am »

I'd reckon that giant I saw earlier had something to do with it. But, as I said there's relatively no dwarves living where Emeraldhome was. They seem to have just vanished.

Corruptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Come to the dark side, we have cookies. And beer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 31, 2013, 02:23:50 pm »

And in a flash of Chaotic Life, the Young God Alexandus was born. Looking over the teeming masses of life below, killing, multiplying, evolving, competing, he is pleased by what he beholds.
In particular he saw the sapient races, evolving in culture and knowledge as well as physically, and thought to himself:
"Yes, I can work with this..."

Alexandus went then to tribes of humans and dwarves, announcing the inception of the new Life God and promising great things in return for worship.
"As a God of Life, it is in my best interests for you to prosper and thrive," he tells any skeptics. "Be not afraid, for now that there is both a Younger and Elder God of Life, Death will be hardpressed to turn the tide."

In particular, he comes upon a tribe suffering from a dire disease, and begins to whisper to them of which nearby plants should be injested to help combat the plague.
Chaos rises, as all Order dies.

Instinct, Intellect, Intuition

Walk always in the Shadow, and both Darkness and Light will follow.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 31, 2013, 04:19:13 pm »

I'd reckon that giant I saw earlier had something to do with it. But, as I said there's relatively no dwarves living where Emeraldhome was. They seem to have just vanished.
Really? Now that is truly odd...We wonder what could have happe--What was that? We just felt something...Please, pardon this rudeness. We must check on something...

Neyravah left his friend and sped to where They thought They felt a new presence, much like Them...but younger, more vivacious and mutable.
Soon, They found Alexandrus.

Greetings, younger god. We are Neyravah, the Elder God of Life. May I ask who you are?
Sig

Corruptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Come to the dark side, we have cookies. And beer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 31, 2013, 04:40:22 pm »

Greetings, honored Elder. I am Alexandus - a God of Life like yourself, but I have a particular affinity for the competition and evolution aspects of Life...it is my belief that without such things, all would fall to stagnation and entropy.

Might we find common cause with each other?
Chaos rises, as all Order dies.

Instinct, Intellect, Intuition

Walk always in the Shadow, and both Darkness and Light will follow.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 31, 2013, 04:50:43 pm »

Redacted
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 07:50:29 pm by Jbg97 »
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 31, 2013, 10:04:41 pm »

Greetings, honored Elder. I am Alexandus - a God of Life like yourself, but I have a particular affinity for the competition and evolution aspects of Life...it is my belief that without such things, all would fall to stagnation and entropy.

Might we find common cause with each other?

Why, certainly! We truly hope that your creations can someday be as fine as Ours. We have a particular idea in mind.
See, there are these dwarves. They lived in a barren wasteland, barely getting by singly or in pairs. Then We gave them a mighty jungle, full of trees and massive beasts. And they hate Us for it! We tried to give them more power to help combat Our drakes, but this didn't seem to help much. Despite Our blessings, they despise Us. Would you have an idea of how to improve the dwarven condition?
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 61