Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 61

Author Topic: Pantheon Play Thread: In the beginning there was...  (Read 85842 times)

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon Play Thread: In the beginning there was...
« Reply #105 on: February 10, 2013, 06:13:12 pm »

Aldemas smiled as the world became bathed in Darkness. Everything was going as planned, and even beings created from Darkness which were not his could be felt. He laughed in his mind as a small trickle of energy overcame him; as the Cult's worship empowered him.
---
The power was minuscule compared to what he had previously held in his possession, but it was enough to bless his followers. Aldemas released a flow of energy to the most diligent of his followers, and taught them the ability to both manipulate, and meld Darkness into whatever form they desire. He knew and taught them that their abilities would be greatest at the time of the Eclipse.
---
The Cult had praised him; and now he was to grant them instruction. He instructed his acolytes to praise him during the day to spread his faith and preach the Eclipse as a blessing, whilst during cover of darkness to kill those who went against the word of Aldemas; forming the Cult into a major coastal religion in almost every household.
---
Aldemas craved soon for more power, and searched throughout the world for those who had benefited from the Eclipse, such as thieves and assassins of the Empires , and gave them Divine instruction to spread the Faith of the Umbra; by both killing off dissenters of the religion, and simply preaching.
---
Before Aldemas finally rested, he decided to talk with the Giant of Darkness, who was a consequence of the Eclipse, and might form a powerful ally.

Aldemas blesses his worshippers the knowledge of manipulating darkness, and the ability to become one with darkness
He also tells his worshippers to preach the Faith during the day, while to use their powers to kill off those who decided to preach against the Faith. Spreading the Religion, and giving the kills as sacrifices to me
He also attempts to get the Thieves and Assassins of the Empires(or just those who benefited from the Eclipse) to preach and kill for him, using the killed as sacrifices

Finally, he strikes up conversation with the giant of Darkness, a side-effect birthed from the Darkness of the Eclipse, and Father of the Giants

(Uses 1 minor act)
Power once again surged through Aldemas, though not from worship, this power felt like that which he was born with. With his new power, Aldemas decided to create his own race, which would help his own worshippers, whilst killing off heretics.
Aldemas takes this power, and begins to form a being of pure Darkness. With fervent determination, the first of the Living Shade forms:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Aldemas uses his Act to form the first of the Living Shade
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 06:16:51 pm by javierpwn »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 10, 2013, 06:16:21 pm »

Corvus watched everything.

He was.....scared. But if he were not to be targeted....

He would stay low. The end was not for him yet.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 10, 2013, 06:34:07 pm »

"Change rocks this world..."
The Overgod, the creator of this plane, had been slain. A measure of his power flooded into Az-Sho, and he knew that his children - his unborn child - were safe from further meddling.
His position must be secured, however. Those who had slain or been even close to the Overgod in his moment of death had profited far more than him.
He had seen the way of the world; he had crawled beneath it too long to not see what was obvious.

With their newfound power, they would come for him. Come for his children. They would have to be protected. Perhaps sequestered in the bowels of the earth, where none but he could go, until the storm had passed. But first he must deal with one who would corrupt his children.

Wherever Vanida was - in a city recieving worship, wandering the plains encouraging lust to spread, or traveling to the lair of another god - the earth rumbled. When she paused, looking around for the cause, the earth exploded upward. Before her was a towering serpent. It's red scales large as whipdrakes, harder than diamonds, a maw vaster than a city, with teeth stretching several manlengths, sharp and cruel and cutting. And it had eyes, eyes of fire, eyes that roared and raged with a terrible hate, holding all the flames of the world in their depths. It cast that terrible gaze upon her, and spoke.

You would dare.
YOU WOULD DARE!

The roaring wind that buffeted Vanida was hot enough to dry an ocean to dust.

You would dare appear to my children so. You would dare speak to them of fire. Of knowing the flames that are my domain. You would DARE corrupt my children, turn them into mindless slaves to urges they left behind long ago! You would attack my children, Vanida. Goddess of Birth. Goddess of Sex. Goddess of Lust. You would dare to turn my children from me, Vanida, goddess of filth?

The serpent leaned close enough to touch Vanida's face with it's snout. The heat boiling off of the serpent set the ground and air aflame.

An attack on my children is an attack on myself, Vanida. I do not tolerate attacks on myself. PAY FOR YOUR CRIMES!

And the Serpent reared up, and breathed fire onto the form of the goddess. The flames that came out of Az-Sho's gullet were hot enough to melt the world, but they did not - instead, they went through her, into her followers.

Fire Act: Az-Sho incinerates Vanida's current manifestation, and casts the fire through her to turn every one of her followers into ash.

With a rumble of earth, the Serpent was gone. As he passed under Riat, his fire burned away the substance and memory of Vandia's false flames. His voice rumbled up in his passing, telling the Children of his Egg.

Act: Az-Sho nullifies the effects of Vanida's fires and erases the memory from his Children.
He also commands his followers to not attack any rival religions (excepting the Sisters) unless they offer hostilities first.

Sated, the Serpent Beneath the World returned to his mountain home and curled around his unborn child.
He could see movement within.

Oh, and Az-Sho decrees that the Soultaken are to be renamed Dragonborn, and domesticated and put to either forgery or combat training, depending on the Dragonborn.
Aure will be memorialized with a heroic statue and the equivalent of Sainthood.
The Children will attempt to further relations with the dwarves, trading technologies with them and converting more dwarves -in a friendly manner.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 07:25:35 am by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 10, 2013, 06:52:39 pm »

Avarian felt power flowing into him as he watched a battle between the Ice Phoenixes and the Iconoclasts, a power that was not unlike the one he felt when he was created. He knew what this meant, so he teleported to the place that was most tainted with Chaos. What he found there was the site of an epic battle and giant being, evidently being the winner of the battle. He said to this being,
I assume you are the being that killed my father. By all means do not take this wrongly, I felt this was going to happen someday. That is all in then past now, right? Then, it is time for a meeting of all the gods and the beings like you. This meeting will decide the fate of this world and maybe more. I do hope that you and your children will come, after all you were the one who killed him. The meeting will take place in The North, just go to the coldest place you can feel. Or you can search for me in your dreams and I can take you there." Avarian then left him with a cold silence, not bothering to hear his response.

Avarian then proceeded to go to all the major beings and gods and invited them to discuss terms and the future state of the world. However, when he saw the battle the when on between The Serpent and Vanida, he thought that this conference would have to be the greatest conference of history if he wanted it to serve his purpose. He said to Az-Sho when he found him,

Due to the current state of affairs and the recent death of the Overgod, my father, I hereby invite you to a conference that will determine the future of your followers and the world at large. There will be a warm seat for you.

He said to Vanida,

Do not seek revenge against The Serpent, yet. Come to my conference first and then you may decide whether or not to have vengeance.

Avarian then returned to The North and created a grand palace with everything a immortal being could desire with areas and seats for each of the gods that they could modify anytime they wanted. This would be know as The Winter Palace. He took a great deal of time crafting chairs for all of the gods and designing their areas to fit their domains, although it was kinda hard to see in one of the areas.

He then usurped the position of Overgod with the last of his power remaining. He was determined to make sure that Mutare's mistakes would not be repeated.

Mighty Act: Invite ALL the Gods, Ancients, Ascendants, and what have you to The Winter Palace for a conference, make sure their areas can only be modified by the beings themselves.

Mighty Act: Usurp the position of Overgod.

« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 07:15:55 am by Firelordsky »
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 10, 2013, 07:13:36 pm »

He was unwilling to leave his child. So the cold god would be the one drawn into the void left by Mutare? This was troubling.
He coiled around his unborn child and slept. And dreamt of a palace of ice, rising impossibly far into the sky. He slithered within, seeking heat, and found it.
The other gods would be here soon. He would not.
Az-Sho dreamwalks to Aviran's conference.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 10, 2013, 08:32:22 pm »

"We are honored to come to your conference. We truly hope you become the new Overgod."

Attend the Conference. Reschedule anything else happening in that time.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 10, 2013, 09:24:01 pm »

It was done. The Overgod... Dead. Yet there was still much work to be had. Much work. Already the vultures were flocking to his body. Perhaps now was the right time to push forward and claim the title of the Creator, but... Thaneos was not interested in the Aether. His first experience with it had been more than enough; now, all that was left to do was to make sure the next Overgod would not make the mistakes of the previous one. He answered to the God who had first spoken to him.

"I shall attend to your conference, but what I will choose from there, I cannot promise."

A claimant was calling a council. He wished to speak. Very well - he could speak. The Father had time. But he would not walk into the wolf's den unprepared - no, that, he would not. He already had his weapon - all that was missing was some protection. He worked quickly, for he was short on time; he simply created a powerful shell of metal around his own body, shaped in the form of human armors, but in truth attached to himself; he applied two spells upon it - one to hide him from unwelcome eyes, and one to save him from dangerous situations.

Once that was done, he attended to the council.

Thaneos invests a Mighty Act into creating an armor for himself. The armor has three characteristics (One mighty act = three acts): It is attached to Thaneos' flesh, and as such cannot be removed without killing him. Wards have been applied to hide the owner's aura from the gods, which means that unless he wishes it to be seen, only physical eyes will spot him. Finally, a spell has been placed to teleport the owner at a specific location if he feels threatened. ((The location in question is not yet made; I need to talk to Ghaz about it first)).

Thaneos attends to the council of gods, with his armor and his hammer.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 11, 2013, 02:57:34 am »

Vanida got attacked. She never expected such a reaction from the snake. She never hurt his worshipers, she never forced them to convert. She just gave them a choice.

And now Az-Sho is killing many of her sisters through her own body... Pain of the loss overfilled Vanida, but that's not the only one thing that Vanida felt. The second one was ecstasy. The Goddess of lust, always was attracted to the fire. Partially because fire is so close to her domain, partially because she was born near Volcanoes of the 9th continent, partly because her religion used fire in some minor rituals.

That power that the Snake channeled through her. Vanida desired it for herself! Decision came immediately, take it from the ignorant snake. She used her power over emotions to make it even more angry, even more inclined to channel his internal energy through Vanida and care not about her further  actions

And that actions were ambitious, She tried to steal one of the sources of power of the ancient. To make it her own. To gain mastery of the fire. And energy started to flow in: wild, violent, virulent, chaotic, dangerous. Few other beings could deal with that, but Vanida was the Goddess of Lust, one used to control energy very similar to infernal fire and she used just another bit of power to not let Az-Sho's energy to spill out or hurt Vanida

1 act: Overfill Az-Sho with emotions, making him unable to notice further acts and forcing  to pour more fire energy through Vanida
1 Mighty act:  Steal Az-Sho's fire aspect (or, at least, part of it) 
1 Act:   Shield herself, her followers and the world around from the negative aspects of the stolen energy

Only then, tired and exhausted she flew to the winter palace of Aviran

Free: Visit the palace
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 09:04:14 am by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 11, 2013, 07:47:45 am »

Sabt Golgo, the Great Spider, was glad to be distracted from her pain. She registered the news of the Overgod's death without emotion, for now - there were more important things to worry about. She could not leave her Mirrorborn here to be slaughtered, though... this would never happen again. Never.

Using her powers much like she had when bringing them up to the Ring, the Great Spider scooped up the wearied survivors of the past weeks. She left the Ring to the ravages of the Shattered, for now. They would be dealt with when she could think once more.

She would not go the gods' meeting alone, though. They claimed to have killed the Overgod - which either told of great madness or great power. And the dwarf would only be grateful to witness such an event...

With the Mirrorborn scooped up against her body like a newborn litter, Sabt Golgo lowered her many-legged body down to the world. She headed straight to the Underhome of the Dwarves - a surprising achievement by the battered people. Her bulk cradled around the mountain, Sabt Golgo seeked out the mind of Udil and delivered her message;

A meeting of my kin has begun. I would take you there to see the ones you hate. You will not be harmed - or seen - unless you so wish.

---

Accept the invitation. Head to the Underhome, ask Udil if he wants to join. Head to the Palace even if he doesn't come.

Keep Udil's protection from divine sight.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 11, 2013, 10:38:14 am »

Corvus, of course, was intrigued.

After doing the last action that I submitted, head to the Conference.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 12, 2013, 10:36:14 am »

Udil, contacted by his divine patron, felt the familiar voice. Immaterial, yet recognisable after all those years. Just as he heard it in Emeraldhome.

"Yes, I will go."

Go with the spider ot the meeting of the Gods. Do not reveal myself.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 13, 2013, 02:31:29 pm »

Meeting of the Gods

It is a strained silence as 8 of the 10 Existing Godlike beings arrived. Eyeing each other warily, they wait for the Opening Words of the Supposed new Overgod.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 13, 2013, 02:36:56 pm »

Appear from the shadows because I wasn't paying attention!

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 13, 2013, 06:40:17 pm »

Avarian appeared as a winged wolf with the cold dark eyes and the antlers of The White Stag on his frozen throne looking at the other beings in the seats surrounding the round table, each section in front of the gods' seats carefully crafted to fit their spheres, and began stating his Opening Words with a new found power in his voice.

Greetings, brothers and sisters, I see that almost all of us are here, except that maimed dwarven king I kept hearing about, so let's get down to business. As most of you know already, I am the new Overgod ever since Mutare was killed by Thaneos. My aims as Overgod is to ensure that you, my siblings, are treated fairly lest we provoke a similar situation as to the battle between Mutare and Thaneos and the altercation between Vanida and Az-Sho currently taking place.

I propose the following plans in order to solve the many issues facing the world at this point.

1. On the Matter of the Position of Overgod: If the current Overgod should ever die. The gods and godlike beings will vote on who should be Overgod or if they should bring in a new Overgod.
2. On the Matter of The War of The Fiery Passions and Any Future Godly Wars: Gods and other godlike beings will refrain from damaging each-other directly, unless in situations that require direct combat, in wars between gods. They shall instead rely on their believers and/or creations.
2a. If two godlike beings wish to directly hurt each-other, one must challenge the other to a Duel. The being challenged to the Duel, if accepting the challenge, may choose a champion to represent him or her or it which in that case the challenger must choose a champion to represent his/her/its interests in the Duel. However, if the challenged being chooses to fight the challenger him/her/itself the Duel will be to the death. Another godlike being may intervene on the challenged being's side and act as his/her/its champion.
2b. If a godlike being's champion is defeated in a duel, then the godlike being must accept the demands placed on it by the challenger. If a godlike being dies in a Duel, then all the dead god's possessions are transferred to the winner.
3. On the Matter of The Squiddles: Any godlike being wanting to interact with the Squiddles is now allowed to interact with them, in order to reduce the overcrowding on The Ninth Continent.
4. On the Matter of The North: The North will now always belong to the Overgod whether they be A God of Cold or A God of Fire.
5. On the Matter of Security: All the Gods will be required to craft a Phoenix related to their sphere. These Phoenixes will be completely neutral, unless the Overgod commands them not to,and the Phoenixes will be at the disposal of the Gods for communication and other purposes.

I humbly you to decide whether or not these plans are acceptable to you and to make adjustments. Together we will usher in a new age!

Spoiler: Summary (click to show/hide)
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 13, 2013, 06:44:11 pm »

"I have no objections."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 61