Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 61

Author Topic: Pantheon Play Thread: In the beginning there was...  (Read 85854 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon Play Thread: In the beginning there was...
« Reply #60 on: January 27, 2013, 07:20:10 pm »

((Would I be able to RP with the Soultaken, who really need to give a name to themselves, before the rest of the update?))

((Also, did I actually take their souls?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 28, 2013, 02:57:37 pm »

After taking his tribe in the vicinity of the fiery mountain of Az-Sho, Udil started to see splednidly red energy flowing arounf the place. The heat and power impressed him and he recalled the words of the fire serpent. While the tribesmen told him of the fireborn and smoulderborn, which saddended Udil, but he knew that there was little he could do about this now.
Not long after Udil decided that the tribe will move far away, even beyond the continent they inhabited, if only to give them a chance at survival, away from fire and jungle monsters.

To help him in this taks and to give a gift to his tribe, he decided to journey to the seat of Az-Sho himself to speak with him. The trek was arduous and harder than the climb at the stony spire of Emeraldhome, but Udil overcame that obstacle too.

Stnading close to the gaping and fiery maw of the volcano, Udil raised his Fang and with a mighty voice called.
"Az-Sho! Come forth and let us speak together! I am here, as you have called for me. Let us strike a pact so that I may fulfill my destiny!"

The dwarf, after having his first meeting with a god behind him, felt confident enough to call upon another one to speak with him.

Udil calls out directly to az-Sho to speak with him.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 08:39:00 am by Ardas »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 28, 2013, 08:55:07 pm »

I'd like to note that the "Soultaken" are more like draconic dwarves. Still dwarf-shaped, just bigger, winged, etc.

(Also, the Whipdrakes are like sauropods, and the Fangdrakes are [as noted in the OOC thread] similar to T. rex. Just for a frame of reference.)

-----

Somehow, Neyravah suspected that the dwarves did not appreciate the gifts they gave them. (Oh, and since Neyravah is Neyra and Ravah, they're now being referred to in the plural. Unless I forget again.) Neyravah never understood these little creatures...why did they not adore the mighty beasts made as They did? They understood killing some of them--it's the way Nature is and Life is, after all--but not how they hated Them for the creation of the jungle and the drakes and other beasts within.

Neyravah first helped guide the...gifted dwarves into a group, and encouraged them to get along with one another in a society. And also to come up with a new name for themselves--Soultaken is rather insulting as well as inaccurate.

Next, those Children of Az-Sho must be punished for daring to destroy the wilderness. Neyravah creates a species of tree, a bit smaller than most in the jungle but highly resistant to even the greatest extremes of heat and with a bark tough as bronze, and calls it the Flamoak. Flamoaks are created all over the cut-down areas of the former jungle as well as an equivalent region of the Children of Az-Sho's previous lands. This new Flamoak Forest will also include many Clawdrakes and other creatures of the surrounding jungles, albeit a bit smaller than those in the surrounding jungles due to the more compact nature of the Flamoak Forest.
(This isn't all bad. The Flamoaks are pretty useful. The bark would probably make pretty good, cheap, and light armor for the Children of Az-Sho...and possibly even lava boats.)

Finally, Neyravah searches the whole world, searching for the most barren lands They could find, where They might be appreciated. They think They see a strange man playing board games, but brushe it off. What consequence could he be? ("Barren land" here means "Area without lots of big animals and plants," and could apply as easily to a lifeless eddy in the ocean as a desert or the tundra.)

EDIT: Okay, that should be everything.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 04:17:01 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 28, 2013, 10:04:36 pm »

As Mutare checked the status of his board he noticed something odd. A piece representing the god of knowledge seemed... fuzzy. "Hmm, that doesn't bode well." No matter, Mutare simply turned from the board and decided to play a game. Mutare whisked away the Giant of War, Mutare took him to the Ninth continent and placed him in the midst of Az-sho's territory among the dwarves.

Actions: Whisking away the Giant of War, Mutare took him to the Ninth continent and placed him in the midst of Az-sho's territory among the dwarves.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 04:50:47 pm by Jbg97 »
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 28, 2013, 10:59:08 pm »

The Serpent, ever merciful, grant us protection
 Thy people grow and never slow for your immortal guidance
 With your flame and fire, take us in your arms and never smoulder
 With flesh and metal blessing, we ask forgiveness and love...

The first teachings amongst the villages had been completed. Those of the smoulders had been given the blessings and understanding. Now they were of the teachers and not the students...It would surely please the Serpent.

While he had taught, the Children had grown. By the Serpent's will great tunnels had been made which stretched to far away lands, beyond the waters. The jungles too had been cut and many drakes slain in the Lord's name. The Blessed had many prospects.

Others too would share the Children's blessings. Many Unblessed had journeyed to the Serpent. They spoke of an Emerald, insidious drakes and an evil, callous god who betrayed them time and time again. It comforted the Emberguardsman that his own god was much more benevolent and kind. He had even heard that this god stole the souls of his last few disciples and turned them into beasts! Such evil would never enter the Serpent's Land, he thought. These 'dwarves' came to seek safety and protection from their god, it seemed, under the leadership of the "Slayer". He was a hero of sorts it seemed...The Emberguard would extend the Serpent's hospitality to them, as commanded.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 29, 2013, 01:55:31 am »

Corvus curses and decides to begin to make himself known, lest he becomes lost.
He spreads the message to all knowledge seekers to meet at a clearing in the forest. Then, when they do, he shows himself to them, using his power to imbue several with the ability to hold his knowledge in their minds without going insane, while simultaneously affirming their beliefs.

"Those who are the knowledge blest, shall be my chosen, the Crowblest. You will be my priests. And the rest of ye, shalt be my believers.

Go forth, seekers of knowledge."

Mighty Act- Create the Crowblest, a group of wise men who can handle the knowledge of Corvus without going insane from the sheer quantity.

Affirm my existence to all worshippers of knowledge.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 10:49:31 am by IamanElfCollaborator »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 29, 2013, 05:18:34 am »

Az-Sho was equal parts joy and rage. His children were prospering; they grew stronger daily, they had felled the insidious jungle to make ready for the quest to distant lands, to bless them with sacred fire. The EmberGuard had reinforced the priesthood, and ensured that all of his children received his attention, as was their right.
But all was not well. Mutterings grew amongst the Smolderborn, accusing the Ashborn of wanting to 'get rid of competition' and become closer to Az-Sho with them out of the way - and the Ashborn were saying the same story! Worse, both of them claimed that Az-Sho was on their side in this shadow war, and more and more bodies of good Children, people who held communities together, were showing up, with the marks of one trained in the arts of murder clearly visible. None of his Children had had any cause to fight until recently - how could they, for Az-Sho loved them equally? Something dark and foul had poisoned his children's hearts and minds, turning them against one another - and the Serpent hated with the force of a thousand suns those who would harm him through his children. It was to be expected from the other dieties - a jealous lot, all of them, reaching out to extinguish the flame of his children just as it was beginning to burn brightly. They would not succeed. Not even the giant the mysterious poisoner had sent deterred him - he had in his company one who knew something about slaying giants, and he meant to help his EmberGuard with the task at hand. The drake goddess, Neyravah, had inadvertently done him a boon when it had grown the strange plantlife at his door - their wood and bark would serve well for the upcoming campaign. The mysterious saboteur, however, was not anywhere to be found. He had done him a great disservice, however - the giant he had brought here radiated hate and bloodlust. If not stopped, it would kill many of his Children. That must not happen.

Aure experiences a sudden urge to go to the tip of the volcano. Once there, he meets Udil, who had also journeyed up there.
(Insert RPing of them interacting - assume Az-Sho told Aure to extend his courtesy to Udil and co.)
They were interrupted in their talk by a flash coming from the lava in the volcano. Peering over the edge, they see an awe-inspiring sight - a single massive eye, rising up to the surface of the lava. It shines like molten gold, and reflects the light of the lava in dizzying patterns that are strangely similar to fire - always shifting, never staying in one place - but it was not a fickle eye, oh no. This eye had seen aeons pass and mountains rise. It had seen an entire race brought to extinction, only to be saved by His grace, and the courage of one dwarf. It had seen much, and bore the weight of those memories with ease. It gave a grounding effect, and seemed immovable in it's simple being. Those two aspects battled for dominance in the eye - earth and fire, stability and power, stamina and speed. And the ground shook, and the two who stood on the lip of the volcano heard the voice of Az-Sho - not the mere echo that Udil had heard from miles away, but the true voice of a god.
It was the match for every bass system in existence, and hearing it filled their ears and heads with an exhilarating sensation, almost as if they were being cleansed by fire.

Greetings, Udil Drakehater. Udil Giantslayer. Greetings Aure EmberGuard, child of my own blood. You are welcome here, most welcome.

Times are changing, Fated Ones. For long I and my children have been as the earth - solid, immoveable, steadfast. We can no longer be so. Other powers in the world are rising, and we must boldly go forward to face these challenges or be left in the dust of history. No longer can we remain of Earth - we must show the world that we are of Fire as well.
But the others are not ignorant, and move to block us off. They have sowed the seeds of discontent among my children, but I shall deal with that. What you must do is slay the beast outside our door. A giant of hate, bloodlust and death has been loosed upon us - I need it dead before it can cause any harm to innocents. This is where you come in. Udil, I will assist you on your crusade of vengeance - but first do what you were born to do - kill a Titan for me.
Do not think I have forgotten you, Aure. You are one of the most devoted of my children, and I am proud to have you as my son. You will engage in battle with the giant and slay it in my name. Do this and your name shall live on forever.
However, I do not expect you to go into battle unequipped! Just as Udil has a weapon formed from the teeth of those he despises, so you shall have a blade formed of that which is your lifeblood.

Az-Sho gifts Aure and Udil with a sword and shield made of (detailed in later post). He does this as part of the Act of creating the material. Essentially it is magma in metal form, a sword of fire and earth.
Now go!
Az-Sho's voice thundered like an earthquake, and the two are buffered by a sulfurous wind from an unknown source.
Go. Slay the giant. Save your brethren. And remember: I shall be there for you.
With that, the voice faded, and the two heroes were left standing on the mountainside, slightly overwhelmed by what happened.

EDIT: Wait until I get rid of this edit thing before reacting; Mutare still has to change his actions.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 04:26:46 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 29, 2013, 09:45:19 am »

Vanida got a daughter, daughter she never wanted or desired, daughter that had no place in her plans, But never she could abandon her competely. Vanida went and to the see floor and visited the leaders of Squiddles " Care for my daughter Octa as she is a daughter of your race. Make her happy and I shall reward you. Hurt her and I'll punish you. And I task you to get her a husband, because, unlike me,  she can't marry with your kind. Only a being that look like me can do that. Look in the shallow waters of continents and you should find one.

With that matter settled Vanida turned her attention back to the world. And she saw that Emeraldhome, the place she was born at abandoned her, they changed their lives, they chose war, hatred and violence to passion and pleasure. As they abandoned her, she abandoned them

She saw that many humans did believe her, those brave warrioresses, served her despite the fact they never received any reward for their hard efforts. Vanida knew that this need to be changed.  Once again the goddess entered  dreams of many women, not hurt women but her mighty followers this time "I promised you a lot, but delivered nothing. It was a test" Sometimes gods need to lie, that was one of such situations " And you passed the test I gave you. You became a great soldiers by your bravery, you sharpened your reflexes by vigorous training. You got everything I promised, but you did it yourself.  

Now it's time to get your reward.  I will not boost your combat ability, nor will I grant you inhuman abilities. I will fulfill your dreams. I see that many of you love only your sisters and desire no men, but mistake of the creator gave you no ability to have children with the ones you love. I will teach you a ritual named "Kiss of The Life"

This ritual will allow my loyal followers to get pregnant from another woman or even a man that is too weak to have children in another ways. Because this gift allows to have a baby with one little touch of lips it will be useful for my chaste followers that many of you wrongly blame of heresy. They are not doing anything wrong. I do not demand to spend your lives in lust. While I like your passion I demand you to be free and choose partners as you like, even if your choice is no one. But be warned that this ritual can be dangerous for you if you ever risk to have children with not humans. Again I do not ban it, I warn that it is a very dangerous path to take

Free (I assume)  Order squidites to take care of the first seaspawn and find her a husband

Act: Grant followers of the cult ability to to get pregnant from anyone they desire (any alive creature) by half hour long prayer\spell and one little kiss
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 29, 2013, 10:05:29 am »

Udil took his new gifts and returned to his tribe. He knew that it was dangerous in the land that they lived on, with new trees and monsters besieging intelligent life, but they were not alone. Az-Sho seemed to be a god that could be allied with, while his servants were friendly disposed to him. But that wasn't sufficient. The dwarves had to grow, otherwise they would be lost. Udil knew what had to be done, and using his spirit eyes, followed a route towards an underground halls, which swilled with energy. This is where first proper mountainhome of the dwarfkind would be created. Living underground was a suitable solution to the extreme heat, harsh jungle and increasingly hard living conditions on the surface, as well as the red giant that appeared out of nowhere and decided to terrorise the dwarves.

But before a Mountainhome would be built, dwarves needed tools. Udil asked of the children of Az-Sho to borrow him tools and teach him metalworking. He would in turn teach his own people, and using a spark extracted from the magma sword, Udil lit first dwarven forge. The embers in that forge would be burning forever, allowing dwarves to create metal of unmatched quality and provide a base for other metal works of dwarven civilization. The underground caves provided rich ore, and with help of the fiery servants more forges were lit. Iron and bronze were spreaded among the dwarves by Udil's direct oversight - he knew that they would grow on their own, as long as they had tools to rely on -for even Udil would not be around forever. Or will he...

Living underground was going to be difficult without food that had to be brought in from outside. It was then when Udil was informed of mushrooms that grew in the caves. Feeling the power he obtained from Atlas, Udil selected the best strands that others have given him and turned the spores of those into seeds for a more potent and better tasting mushroom. Such were the origins of Plump helmets. With time other underground crops would be found, but this was to be the foundation of dvarven civilization to be.

Lastly, Udil knew that with such a small population dwarves will be hard-pressed to survive. That’s when he decided to take himself a wife, Danea was her name, and through their children pass on the gift of longevity to dwarfkind, using the power of life he had in himself from Atlas. Many generations would pass between Udil's time and when all dwarves would be long-lived, but he knew that as long as his lineage managed to spread to all dwarves, they would continue to prosper.

All of this was done under hard conditions, while trying to harvest enough resources to start the construction of a first dwarf fortress, and Udil knew that he might not be around to see it to completion. He had to defeat the lumbering giant of War that has come to terrorize his people.

With cries of his tribe and pleadings of his wife to return, Udil, dressed in armour he forged for himself, and wielding his swords and the shield, marched upon the red menace. He asked the First of the Emberguard to assist him, to ensure that they would return victorious and alive. This fight would also seal a pact of brotherhood between Dwarves and the children of the fiery snake.

Udil orders dwarves to create an underground city - the first dwarf fortress.
Minor Life Act -Udil discovers cave mushrooms and turns them into Plump Helmets, so dwarves can live underground without worrying for food.
Minor Normal Act - Udil, using a spark from the Magma Sword, lights the Eternal Forge in the dwarf fortress. With it he teaches dwarves the art of metallurgy, borrowed from the Ember and Smoulderborn.
Minor Life Act - Udil takes a wife, Danea, and starts a lineage of long-lived dwarves that can pass on the longevity trait, in hopes of making all dwarves long-lived.

Last Minor act - Slay the War Giant! First of the Emberguard is asked to assist Udil in it.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 10:22:16 am by Ardas »

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 29, 2013, 10:21:30 am »

It was lost, ripped away from his father, lost in the wilderness surrounded by weird beings. [6] And they all oh so looked alike. THey seemed to carry the same fiery fury as himself. But most of them were running away in panic, all but two. They were marching directly to him...

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 29, 2013, 12:36:18 pm »

The Great Spider had ascended to the Ring after her pact with the dwarven hero, but she was finding herself tiring of the emptiness of it all. She could hardly bear to look at the gaping void that formed most of this universe, and though the Ring was beautiful, it offered nothing new to her. No, she preferred to gaze upon the thriving world below, neglecting her mission. Sabt Golgo was... lonely. The sensation was new to her, and upsetting.

It was not the gods she yearned for, Sabt Golgo had decided. She would not be able to bring herself to trust them, not even the young and naive ones. No, any escape from her solitude would have to be found from among mortals. The Spider considered her options. The others were obsessed with the dwarves, which meant she could hardly go unnoticed, and had hardened their hearts against gods. And she certainly didn't want to interfere with the dwarven hero's mission. There was something deep in the sea... but they were still unknown to her. That left the humans. They had spread far and wide, living primitive, short, tumultuous lives. They would be perfect.

Slowly, cautiously, the Spider detached herself from the Ring once more and begun her descent. She headed for the great Southern continents, where the humans had grown to great numbers. Small villages and agricultural communities dotted the landscape, usually following the rivers - she wasted no time, landing directly on top of a bustling small town. Before the humans could even scream, they all disappeared in a flash of false-light.

Making sure the humans were unharmed, Sabt Golgo continued, moving across the land. When she was finished, a dozen more villages had followed its fate, now utterly empty of their inhabitants.

---

Saelon of the Fire Stone Tribe opened his eyes, and saw light.

For a few moments - what seemed like eternity - his mind continued insisting that he was still talking to his brother on the village outskirts, where the sun was just setting against the horizon, the air was warm, and a gentle breeze was flowing in from the west. He could still smell the dirt and the cows and hear Malel's excited voice, babbling on about the Daughters, as usual. He hadn't really been listening - the animals needed to be looked after, especially with the fighting, which seemed to be getting closer every day.

'Light...' he mouthed, clearing his thoughts. He was most certainly not home. As his eyes got used to the light, he could see he was standing on a path of ceramic tiles, leading through an ornamental arch into a wide, lush square. It took a few moments longer for him to realize everything - from the tiles to the arch, to the strange, fragile flowers in the garden, were made of light, brighter in places to create an impression of shadows and shapes. It was somehow solid beneath his feet. He breathed in the cold air, and looked up - at the vast, black void. There was nothing but the blackness, overwhelming, pressing down on him. He quickly averted his gaze, feeling nauseous. The night sky was nothing like that from the village, brightened by the.... by the Ring.

The Ring. He was on the Ring. The swathe of light had been a part of his life since he'd been a babe in arms. They had marked the passage of time by its waning and waxing and told tales of its vast, monstrous Spider when huddled around the fire.

How can this be? was his first thought, soon replaced by; What if the Spider is here? I don't want to die!

Glancing around frantically, Saelon's gaze found a break in the walls. The floor with its ceramic tiles ended in nothing a few feet after, only their radiance keeping away the void. Though, in this case, there was something in the void, great and beautiful, which the Spider's Ring cradled. Saelon could not help but to take a step closer.

He was looking at the world - the world - from high, high up. All its greens and blues, softened by banks of clouds, a glittering jewel in the blackness. He'd never thought he'd see its lands like this, and could see little he recognized, but it was the world. He knew it in his heart. It was more beautiful than anything he'd ever seen before. Time seemed to roll right past him - he could see the gentle movement of clouds and the gradual shifting and glittering of the Ring as it spun around the planet. There was no sound except a soft hum of air that seemed to emanate from the Ring itself. It was easy to forget all the hardships of his life, all the ugliness and evil he had seen, this perfect image bringing with it an amazing sense of calm and serenity, washing away everything...

His reverie was broken by a scream, then another. Human voices. He spun around, taking a running step towards nowhere in particular. More screams, clearly of pain, coming closer and from more and more sources. His gaze swept across the void and the surface of the Ring wildly, moving quickly backwards even if it meant going towards the edge. A primordial terror was taking over his movements - but then his mind went blank, as he saw the Spider.

Enormous, larger than mountains, it crawled across the city, moving with spindly legs that seemed to go on forever and forever. It was only outlines and light, the void visible through its body, but Saelon knew it could still end him in a heartbeat. The world, he decided, he would have to jump for it. He turned, and the Spider's gaze fell upon him.

He screamed, too, as his fleshly body was burned away, melting before his eyes. He screamed until he had no mouth to scream with, screamed until he was nothing more than a shimmering lake on the tiles. His senses gone, merciful pseudo-existence took him, ending his world.

He returned to the living after an instant and an eternity. The world returned, but his senses were strange, muddled, like in a dream. He saw the floor and rose rapidly without even thinking about it. A moment later he realized that where his body had been was now streaming, crystal-like water, like running quicksilver. He felt the need to scream again and his features returned just in time. He closed his eyes to let out a cry of both relief and terror, and opened them to find himself back in his own, safe body. The quicksilver still flickered in places, but he willed it gone, and to his surprise, it obeyed. A new feeling of control spread over him, dulling his fear, and he looked back at the sky to see if the monstrous Spider was still there - but the empty void had replaced it again. He breathed a sigh of relief.

'Saelon?' a familiar voice asked, though to his new senses it had a brighter, heavenly quality. He turned to see Malel, his brother, walking through the arch, followed by many others. Some he recognized, some he didn't.

'Brother?' Saelon replied, dumbfounded. He felt ashamed - he'd forgotten Malel's existence, for a while. 'How did you get here?'

'The same way you did, I wager,' Malel said, his tone casual. As Saelon watched, he melted, in a ripple of air, only to reform at his side. 'Anyway, we've been looking for you for hours. I was afraid you'd stayed behind. That would've been just my luck.'

'Wh... what? Hours? Malel, what by the gods is going on? What's happened to us?' he asked, feeling like shaking the idiot. He knew Malel had trouble taking anything seriously, but this was just ridiculous.

I can answer that question, Saelon, something... 'said', inside his head. He turned, knowing instinctively where the voice had come from.

Standing before them against the blackness of the void was a young woman of a slight build, clad in a flowing dress of false-light, constantly moving and shifting. She had impossibly pale skin and white hair. Her eyes were red. He'd heard of some tribes with children like this - it was considered a mark of evil. Her bearing was stiff, awkward, like she didn't know how humans were supposed to move. Saelon could not turn away.

'Who... who are you?'

I am... I am... the one that brought you here. I am Sabt Golgo. I am... I am the Spider.

---

Sabt Golgo kidnaps a dozen villages worth of humans and transports them up to the Spider's Ring.

Mighty Act: Sabt Golgo creates a breathable atmosphere and gravity on the Spider's Ring. Parts of the Ring are modified to resemble a vast city of light for her new pets to live in, complete with gardens and architecture drawn from their memories and imaginations.

Mighty Act: Sabt Golgo turns the humans into her Mirrorborn, shapeshifters that draw their forms from the minds of others. Their true forms are like puddles of shimmering, crystallized water, though they remember and use their original human forms.

Sabt Golgo attempts to get to know the humans better and let them teach her how humans work. And yes, as... thoroughly... as possible.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 29, 2013, 04:57:37 pm »

The time had nearly come. The two heroes had been dispatched to deal with the impending giant, and now Az-Sho turned his gaze to the forest that the drake goddess had grown. The bark would be useful, but the trees were nearly impossible to cut down due to how tough it was. Az-Sho was no fool; he knew that when his dwarves wandered to distant lands, there would be some who would wish harm on his children. He could not have that happen.
So he coiled and squeezed, crushing a chunk of magma into solid form. But he did not allow it to become rock. Instead he transferred energy to it, shaped it, channeled it, and when he was done the magma was solid. The fire of the mountain, finally able to be harnessed by his children.

Earth Act: Az-Sho shapes a chunk of magma to become (insert name here, maybe Magmite), a shining rock that glows with the power of magma, almost as if magma has been made solid. It radiates heat, and when made into a blade will be stronger, lighter, and sharper than steel.

Minor Act: Az-Sho reveals this mineral to his children, and teaches them how to mine and forge it into tools and weapons.

Hopefully Free: Az-Sho gifts Aure and Udil with swords and shields made out of this material and commands them to slay the giant of war.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 29, 2013, 04:59:00 pm »

Blood. Death. Treachery. His children were dying - murdered. He had sensed Atlas die in the other continent - and his rage had been mighty and terrible. Atlas had been a giant of life - a being of peace, and love, which only searched for that and no more. Yet his third child had been stolen away, but a moment after his birth - taken away from him by a so-called god, in an act which seemed to have been solely out of cruelty. To take a child away from his father, for no true reason, with no true explanation, without taking a chance - this was too much. It would not happen again.

In the world below him, there was war and horror - but it would have to wait. It would have to wait. Never again, would the gods attack his children - never again, would a hand be raised against the giant without leaving him the chance to act against them. He would make sure of it.

For three days and three nights, he worked with mad fury. He made a weapon - for the first time, his actions were not meant to aid, but to slay. He created the World Hammer - a device so massive, so terrible, that whenever he dropped it the earth shook. He invested the darkest of his powers within him - his desires of war, of blood, of greed. Everything he despised within himself, he put into that hammer, and when it was finished, it was a device so powerful that it could wound even an Overgod.

-----

When the weapon was finished, the Father sighed, and turned towards the humans. Petty creatures. They fought wars between themselves, looking for control over one another, wasting his gifts... That would not do. Weary of these actions, the Ancient worked once again. He picked a city state named Hadria, a city ruled by a man just and worthy of his throne - the worthiest of the rulers in Eversummer. He visited that man's dreams, and spoke with him - for many nights, they discussed, and devised a plan.

Working together, they changed the way the game was played. Appearing to the Cult of the Wanderer, Thaenos reformed his own faith, turning it into a militant priesthood. To them, he taught the arts of warfare and discipline - and fanaticism. He taught them that he desired only peace, but that blood needed to be spent for peace to stand a chance against war and chaos. He wrote a series of rules for his order, a code which would be enforced both by them and by the ruler of the city as law, for the priesthood and the citizens.

These new priests became Hadria's army - a mighty army indeed, which knew of discipline, tactics, teamwork and which was also fanatic while the other nations fought with petty warbands in conflicts of raids and small skirmishes. With this superior quality, and a bit of divine favor along the way, they united the Eversummer for the first time since the Ancient had chased away the ice. They brought peace, and prosperity.

Thaneos, in his anger at having his son stolen away, creates the World Hammer, a device made to kill any god which meant to harm his children. [1 Act, 1 War Act, 1 Blood Act

Spoiler: The World Hammer (click to show/hide)

[2 acts together] Thaneos reforms the Cult of the Wanderer, turning it into a fanatic military order with an emphasis on discipline, teamwork, and advanced tactics, giving it a distinct advantage over any other military force in the Eversummer. This order becomes the military of the city of Hadria, the town with the worthiest ruler in Eversummer.
With the help of Thaneos, Hadria unites Eversummer, bringing peace, at last, to the southern continent, under the wings of the Hadrian Empire. Both the Empire and the Cult of the Wanderer have a code of law which was co-written by the emperor and Thaneos.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 29, 2013, 06:42:38 pm »

The enemies of the Serpent are the enemies of his disciples.

Events had happened so fast. A great being of destruction had just appeared in the heart of the Serpent's domain and had quickly  began massacring the Blessed. It had quickly sprung in Aure's mind that this was  yet another of this demon 'Neyravah's creatures. Who else would have a reason, a want, to attack the Blessed? Surely this was because they had accepted the dwarves. As he pondered this, he heard the Serpentwords in his very mind, beseeching him to travel to the Throne. Trudging up pass the Fireborn, he made for the summit and saw there the hero of the dwarves, Udill. Before Aure could even greet the dwarf, the massive and holy presence of the Lord came upon them. Aure was awed and humbled. A direct and private meeting with the God was...without compare. He immediately fell to his knees and recited homilies and praises. The Lord in return praised his piety and set him a grave task: slay the giant! If the Serpent had finished at that moment, Aure would have gone and fought the giant with merely fist and stone; he had the blessings and feared nothing. Instead however he received great tools of the Eternal Flame itself, an unthinkable blessing.

It would be impossible to describe the mix of emotions and power that the First of the Emberguard felt. Zeal, pride, fear, humbleness, love and others. Whatever the emotions, Aure soon thanked his god profusely and went with Udil to slay the giant.

Slay the giant. Make sure to spout prayers and homilies while doing so.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 08:04:24 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 30, 2013, 05:38:05 am »

As the young and newly born Aldemas awakened in the New World, he was amazed at just how massive this realm truly was; although not as endless as the Void, and much more bright.
Aldemas immediately set forth the task of stopping the Light, as a God of Darkness, it was his duty.
-----
And so Aldemas decided to block the Great Light, so that his future creations would prosper.He summoned forth a swathe of planetary cloud cover, meant to block out even the strongest of light.
With the Light gone, Aldemas was free to work with the world, Yet the Light was still much to powerful, and continued to shine shortly afterwards; Aldemas smiled as he saw what he had done.
He has created the first of many Eclipses, in which the Sun, becomes completely blocked from view, and occurs thrice every year.
------
Aldemas felt his strength wane, he needed worshippers; and so he revealed his Godly Form to the Dwarves of the Coasts, showing off his power in the event. And greatly impressing the Dwarves, creating the Cult of the Umbra
Mighty Act: Aldemas creates the First of the Great Eclipses; in which the Sun, and all other light sources ,become completely blocked off from view for several days, and Darkness envelops the land

Aldemas then reveals himself to the coastal Dwarves as the cause of the Great Eclipse, showing them his strength; and establishing the Cult of the Umbra
;And protecting them from any dangerous drakes whilst they are left in the dark.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 02:33:19 pm by javierpwn »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 61