Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 89

Author Topic: You are an evil entity (suggestion game)  (Read 114475 times)

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
Re: You are an evil entity (suggestion game)
« Reply #1170 on: December 23, 2013, 03:44:35 pm »

I'd recommend just resting a bit until we heal and in the meantime let Seum loot. Maybe spend the night here and then go looking for a new military dwarf host.

Our priest can heal us too I believe. Maybe use that portal trick to go get healed by her if we want to be fast about it.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: December 23, 2013, 05:01:20 pm »

I'd recommend just resting a bit until we heal and in the meantime let Seum loot. Maybe spend the night here and then go looking for a new military dwarf host.

Our priest can heal us too I believe. Maybe use that portal trick to go get healed by her if we want to be fast about it.
+1, give the trip back a try, better to rest in a safe area, Seum probably won't be happy if we try to leave him again, but since when have we cared about his well being beyond keeping him functioning enough to fulfill his destiny?

Kitten Snot

• Bay Watcher
  • In need of literary skill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: December 26, 2013, 01:14:54 pm »

Get in, get searching and get looting. I'm going to have a nap.
What's wrong with you? did you try to fight a bear?
Yes. Then I stretched out, got a scythe from my bones and then exploded.
Sounds like a normal Monday. now, LOOOOOOOT!
He just about jumps through the doorway, and causing some utterly hilarious sound effects you can hear just about everywhere. It even uses the cat screech.

After about an hour of predictable sounds he comes back out with a large bag of money, a large bow that has too much stuff attached to be of any use and a skull.
Please explain why you have a skull?
I was capable of picking it up.
Don't take the parody to RPG's too far, it'll only cover up the outright terribleness of this forum game for a very short while. And this isn't even funny.

You and Seum just go to the local inn to rest up. No way you can go about possessing anybody in your current state. The elf body has been disposed of, as is common practice in dorf fortresses.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I make stories and sometimes people like them.
Well, they did that once.
I think.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: December 26, 2013, 01:49:32 pm »

Hrmmm, maybe we can buy a prisoner whose mind has already been broken by dwarven hospitality. We will need to look into insanity too, it may be an easy source of hosts, or a deadly landscape that a familiar individual could hide in, or an "occupied" sign...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: December 26, 2013, 07:58:26 pm »

So we rested but still have low health or we technically haven't rested yet but will before whatever we choose to do next?

Also shush, I like your games. Otherwise I wouldn't participate.

So yeah, prisoners are a good potential source of hosts but right now I still think it would be better to go back in search of the dwarven military leader and then in search of some sort of noble. Maybe possess some random dwarf and then go to the military zone saying we have information about an elven hideout. Bring them back to the place and show them the elven corpses in order to gain their trust.
Sure thing peanut man!

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: December 27, 2013, 03:37:08 am »

We obviously need to possess the skull.

Kitten Snot

• Bay Watcher
  • In need of literary skill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: December 29, 2013, 02:12:15 pm »

After one day of resting, you feel up to possessing something, so you convince Seum to take you to the prison of this place. The journey there is easy, but you both feel uncomfortable. Like you are being watched.
So yeah, probably the mafia being a bit miffed about their wrecked kindergarten. You'll figure it out, if it's important it'll come back to bite you.
Also of note is the fact that you saw the military come by, some of them are laughing maniacally while others don't seem to care about anything anymore. The laughers have brand-new armor, while the stone-faced thugs have many scratches and wounds spread equally over both their armor and their flesh.
It's going to be a meatgrinder out there, most likely.

At any rate, when you get to the prisons you praise your lack of a nose. Seum holds in some vomit when the air grows humid. As coming closer to the prisons makes the smell intensify, Seum decided he'll just stay outside.
As it turns out, dwarves don't have a prison in the ordinary sense of the word. It's more of a giant mudpit with the mud being replaced by...
Well, you can probably guess.
Most of them down there are in tiny cages, and the captives range from goblins to ogres. There's even a dragon in there! You make up a tally of different things in the pit, and you end up with ten goblins, seven dwarves, one female human, thirty or so undead in all shapes and sizes, a night troll (!!!) and one dragon.
Time to make a pick.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Beastiary updated
I make stories and sometimes people like them.
Well, they did that once.
I think.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: December 29, 2013, 02:17:15 pm »

Oh god, dragon is so tempting but I don't imagine that would go well.

I think Night troll would be a fun but relatively safe bet and we might be able to put its abilities to our advantage. We could enter the dragon's mind and check it out even if we don't go through with it. If it looks crazy in there, just get out as soon as possible.
Sure thing peanut man!

Travisplo

• Bay Watcher
  • Lich with Bumps of grandeur! The Necromonsieur!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: December 29, 2013, 03:35:48 pm »

We could at least talk with the dragon. I mean, it's a dragon, and could probably tell us some stuff. If not, and it's crazy, we can go talk with the night troll. Hey, anyone remember that "You are a Night Troll" quest? Or was it "You are the last Night Troll" quest? Either way, I would have loved to participate in that, but sadly, it was before my time.
Heh, I posted that as a joke. Then again, this is Bay12 and this plan is crazy enough to work...
Bump all day, bump all night, yeah this thread needs a bump alright!

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: December 29, 2013, 09:38:18 pm »

Hm, human female (simply because I'm curious of why she is here, she is probably nothing special), dragon, and night troll, all tempting choices.
Well its not like the dragon is going anywhere and with a host like that we would need a safe place to keep it when it isn't in use.
As you said, Night troll is the safe bet, and one I am rather in favor of, again wish we had somewhere safe to keep these bodies when they aren't in use.

Support talking to the dragon, throw in talking to night troll and human, dwarfs and goblins if we are in no rush.
Assume we plan to ask why they are in "jail", what they know of the prince we seek, anything else?

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: December 29, 2013, 09:58:51 pm »

Assuming the dragon can talk, we could try and persuade it to join us.

Also, I just realized it might actually be more useful to have the Night Troll serve us than it would be to have it as a host. Promise it power and lots of... whatever it wants... if it works for us.

I say possess the human, and try to get the night troll and dragon to join us.

Then we'll have a night troll general and a dragon mount, mwahahaha.
Sure thing peanut man!

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: December 29, 2013, 10:18:30 pm »

Yeah, we can posses the troll later if we so desire, don't think the dragon would agree to be our mount but hey, we should at least try, could keep the dragon locked up til we are ready to take it over. Would require us to take over the fort or steal a dragon though so that is probably just a silly idea.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: December 29, 2013, 10:38:57 pm »

... seven dwarves, one female human? U-huh.
... thirty - or so - undead, and a night-troll? U-huh.
Not sure what the ten goblins and the dragon stand for, but I doubt this to be a coincidence.

Either way, the troll, should diplomacy fail.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: December 30, 2013, 12:37:00 am »

Conservation of ninja, there is something special about the human, although it may just be narcolepsy...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Travisplo

• Bay Watcher
  • Lich with Bumps of grandeur! The Necromonsieur!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: December 30, 2013, 02:17:12 pm »

What does the undead and troll refer to?
Heh, I posted that as a joke. Then again, this is Bay12 and this plan is crazy enough to work...
Bump all day, bump all night, yeah this thread needs a bump alright!
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 89