Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 89

Author Topic: You are an evil entity (suggestion game)  (Read 114431 times)

Kitten Snot

• Bay Watcher
  • In need of literary skill.
    • View Profile
Re: You are an evil entity (suggestion game)
« Reply #1185 on: January 03, 2014, 01:27:46 pm »

So, dragon. Do you talk?
The dragon looks at you with mild surprise, but the kind that you only see with someone that ran out of care a long time ago. He just looks tired, to be entirely honest. He briefly chuckles, a deep throaty sound accompanied with some smoke from his nostrils. He then gestures to his head, as if inviting you to his mind. You give it a shot, seeing how you can just leave if it gets ugly. Entering the dragon's mindscape with no trouble, you take a look around you. A predictable mindscape, but no less impressive. An absolutely huge cage, filled to the brim with gleaming gemstones and gold as far as the eye can see. Taking a look at one of the gems, you notice some smoke inside of it, or perhaps mist would be a better word. Looking deeply into the gemstone, you see what has to be a memory. From when he was nothing but a hatchling, even. A large, regal-looking dragon covering the "you" in the gem with a wing during a storm. Poignant, to be sure, but ultimately irrelevant. You wonder where the dragon is in this enormous complex of memories. Guessing from the deep hearty laugh coming from below you, vibrating the gold you stand upon, you are about to learn the answer to that question.

You make a trot for it, as the ground under you breaks open and causes a flow of gems and gold as the dragon rises up from his riches. You just barely manage to get clear of the flow and the dragon's head as he rises up.
So, little one. You wish to speak with one of the old ones? Well, here I am. The dragon's voice seems to shake the entire cave.
You regain you footing in the gems, and meet his interested look with one of irritation. Well, as far as a horse can emote that, at any rate.
That, I can see. On to the questions.
Ah, you are an adventurer, then? Those always enjoy a good amount of questions.
I find it somewhat hard to imagine anybody ever asked you anything.
As we grow older and stronger, we lose our ability to talk. Too much fire in our bellies.
Right... How did a great and powerful dragon end up captured by a bunch of alcoholic midgets?
Shenanigans.
...fine. Why are you not breaking free?
The honor of a dragon is easily bruised, and captured dragons are meant to wait for another to save them.
That makes no sense. Why would you have to rely upon another!?
It's to prove another would prefer your freedom to your captivity. We are supposed to live out our imprisoned days in shame, till we are set free by another.
What would you do if I set you free.
I'd thank you.
That's it?
Correct. Were you hoping for a mount?
...No. Can you tell me about the other prisoners?
The human and the dwarves are wild-kin. Dwarves that got separated from the mountain homes during the necromancer uprising and survived in the mountains. They are naught but savages, and occasionally steal children from nearby settlements.
Ooh, expositionary dragon.
They worshipped me as a god for a while, but after they found a clown I was forgotten about.
Seriously?
No. At any rate, the other things here are all just victims of the cage traps. Be cautious of the troll.
Noted... I should go.
Don't let me keep you.

Re-entering the physical world, you see the dragon looking at you before going to sleep. Blunt bastard.
When you turn around you see the night troll looking at you with an appraising stare. Night trolls should be capable of speech, although it's a pretty hard to trust it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I make stories and sometimes people like them.
Well, they did that once.
I think.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: January 03, 2014, 01:37:32 pm »

Scheme (possibly with Seum) on how to get the dragon out. Is there any loophole any of us can see to the 'sit here shamefully' bit of the dragon? Perhaps get a dwarf REALLY drunk, and make him challenge the dragon to a fight?

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: January 03, 2014, 05:04:55 pm »

Well all we have to do is let it out of its cage, then it is free (maybe not by its standards, should have asked how free it needed to be) and can leave of its own accord, might need to support it on fighting its way out though, they caught it once after all.

Speak to the dwarfs and woman, ask about the necromancer, though I doubt they could help us in that manner, sounds like they would be easy to manipulate but should talk to them first to find out. The goblins might be able to help us find another group, could use the extra manpower of taking one of those over.

Then again might be rude to make the troll wait since he took an interest.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: January 03, 2014, 05:37:26 pm »

Say Hello to the troll, since it's looking at us. If it wishes to say something, it can say it by itself.

Kitten Snot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: January 06, 2014, 04:05:29 pm »

Hello.
Did you talk to him? The night troll asks with a surprisingly calming voice.
What's it to you?
If i'd have to say, potentially interesting, as I haven't seen anybody come near without getting toasted. Guess you're n' entity, then?
I could be any demon that enters minds.
No need to be coy with a fellow manipulator of men, isn't it? I can tell, you know.
Fine then, you're spot on. Now let me just get to something else.
the mortals won't answer to you. I made them obey me. Hell, they've been praying to me for the entire week i've been here.
I'd say impressive, but that's mainly because I don't want to see if my opinion of these things can get any lower.
Tribles.
Feh.

Now, unto some actual conversation. I'd like to propose a jailbreak. The dragon's almost certainly smart enough to understand the plans, so he's going to be the thing that going to make a lot of ruckus.
Who says I'll help you?
The fact that you want a body, that's for certain, and the human's looking mighty useful, isn't it? I'll keep her safe for you when we sneak away. Then we can meet outside.
What do you need me to do, then. You seem to have the plan pretty well in hand.
I need the keys, and the prison guards dead. I think an enterprising entity like yourself would like to help out like this. A night troll's favor goes a long way! What do you say?

I think.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: January 06, 2014, 08:05:55 pm »

Hrmmm, we are going to need to find some nice potent contact poison to apply to those keys before giving them to the troll. Oh, right, it is possessed, well then perhaps some sort of sould imprisoning enchantment...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: January 08, 2014, 10:41:47 am »

I say help them. I think the troll could be useful even if unwittingly. Let it free and let it take over the fort and we can always come back and possess it when we're stronger.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: January 08, 2014, 11:20:46 am »

I say help them. I think the troll could be useful even if unwittingly. Let it free and let it take over the fort and we can always come back and possess it when we're stronger.
Well it seems he(?) only wants to escape, not take over, ask if there is anything of note about the woman he(?) is offering, we can take any other human that visits this fort, and a dwarf would be even easier.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: January 08, 2014, 05:09:17 pm »

He seemed to be rather prideful about getting others to worship him. I don't think it would be too hard to tempt him into trying to take over the fort. From there it would be a small step to cajole him into our service or to simply possess him.
Sure thing peanut man!

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: January 09, 2014, 10:32:51 am »

Not really, didn't see much pride, sounded more a "it benefits me so I did" it type thing, but I suppose it is debatable.

I don't think he is suicidal, even if the dragon helps, he and his lot could never take on a whole fort, and keep it under control afterwards.

If we want to take over then lets find some people that actually stand a real chance of doing so, cause for a take over he will need proper help to maintain control afterwards, getting the dragon to stay or some dwarfs on his/our side would probably be a start.

Kitten Snot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: January 13, 2014, 02:42:43 pm »

You're on. I'll help out, it'll be funny.
Oh, you're an evil entity?(TITLE DROP, ROCK MUSIC WHOOOOOOOOOO)
Yes, Neutral ones don't exist naturally. I'm neutral because of an incident involving hell, a stupidly huge demon, and soul sacks. at any rate, ttfn.
The troll watches you attentively, in silence, as you walk over to the guard posted nearby in your solid form.

Hello, Dwarf. Would you care to go on an adventure with me?
The guard seems to be confused enough that if confusion was a weapon, you'd be dead now.
Are you shocked? Don't be, the real shocker begins when the adventure starts.
B-but I don't thing I want to g- His annoying jabbering is cut off by your hoof hitting his face, crushing it between the wall.(roll=13+4(surprise attack)+ 2(rock and a hard hoof)=19)
The dwarven skull is a lot harder then you'd like, however, so you need to perform a second stomp to finish him off. Messy. You pity the cleaner that has to visit these brains tomorrow.
You turn to gas again, and nab the key. The troll is smiling ear to ear(literally, it's kinda scary) as you open up the cages.

The last remaining cage is that of the dragon, who seems unimpressed.
I don't think he's just gonna go rampage on the drop of a hat.
Entity, he's a dragon. Those go on rampages for the heck of it.
He won't even escape without some guy wanting him to be free. Dragon honor and somesuch.
Awesome... We need a way to let it know we want it free. You got anything?

I think.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: January 13, 2014, 03:36:17 pm »

Tell the dragon that we're on a mission to save the world (us for our own benefit, Seum for the good of everyone) and having an allied dragon would be extremely useful. We want a dragon, and he's the one we want. He has dragon-breath AND he's old enough to know useful things! We can probably make a second communication enchantment for a second set of rings, so we can call him whenever we find something he might know about. We should probably ask what said stuff would be, too, once we've freed him.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: January 14, 2014, 06:40:44 pm »

Tell the dragon that we're on a mission to save the world (us for our own benefit, Seum for the good of everyone) and having an allied dragon would be extremely useful. We want a dragon, and he's the one we want. He has dragon-breath AND he's old enough to know useful things! We can probably make a second communication enchantment for a second set of rings, so we can call him whenever we find something he might know about. We should probably ask what said stuff would be, too, once we've freed him.
+1
Sure thing peanut man!

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: January 15, 2014, 03:07:12 am »

+1
+1, no harm in asking for help, he gains nothing from letting the world end anyway.

Kitten Snot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: January 18, 2014, 02:06:03 pm »

I am on a journey to save the world, and I believe you seem to be living on it. So it would make sense-
The dragon shakes his head, and rolls his eyes at you. His aggressive silence is kind of insulting, but you refrain from getting angry at the giant furnace of death.
I am serious, you know. Prevent Armok from doing his thing?
The dragon curls up to go to sleep, and fires off a small puff of flame while he's at it. Alright then, time to have some better communication.

His mind looks a bit more empty, lacking all the gems. That's most certainly a bad thing. The fact that the ground splits up from beneath you without warning, leaving you on top of the dragon, is another sighn that he's not here to play nice.
INSULTED, ENTITY? His voice thunders through you, shaking your probably unexistent bones. It's the kind of shake that makes your heart take a little break and let the vibrations do the rest.
He gives off another laugh, more malicious this time.
Must I give a speech, about how my natural weapons resemble that of humans? fulfill the cliches? You came into this mind to fight me, so lets keep this traditional.
You are sitting on top of the dragon's head, feeling kind of silly. As a horse, the irony of riding a dragon is not lost upon you.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 03:16:13 pm by Kitten Snot »
I think.
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 89