Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 89

Author Topic: You are an evil entity (suggestion game)  (Read 114573 times)

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are an evil entity (suggestion game)
« Reply #900 on: August 21, 2013, 07:26:59 pm »

Hmm...  So we haven't had an update in a while, I wonder if this game is dead?

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: August 21, 2013, 08:19:12 pm »

No chill and wait.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: August 21, 2013, 09:22:05 pm »

It hasn't been that long really.  Sometimes it's hard to constantly crank out updates, at least I know it's difficult for me.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #904 on: August 22, 2013, 01:55:19 pm »

Dont know yet.
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

Kitten Snot

• Bay Watcher
  • In need of literary skill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: August 22, 2013, 03:10:49 pm »

It's that I get distracted easily. I will place a notice when I let a game die. Also of note, I usually wait about a day for responses.

Questioning the possum proved easy, as he told every single thing he knew upon asking. He hasn't seen Melvin, but he's being kept in the throne room where screams keep sounding from. There is a tiny resistance of soldiers who are performing guerrilla warfare upon any isolated groups of soldiers. Possum-guy brought them food whenever he could afford it. other then that, guard corpses are just re-used, but they are weaker each time. Lastly, the villagers are taken to the kitchens instantly, and there is a powerful magic enchantment there that prevents anything with a soul from coming near it.
Shouldn't be a problem for you, then.
You then go back on watch, keeping a close look at the corpses. It proves to be very dull, and the smell is getting on your nerves.

You get distracted, and start pondering some things. Philosophy is something every villain worth his salt is in to, which certainly explains why they always know what to say to make people doubt themselves.
Clacking noises move you up from your stupor, however. The source of the clacking noises proves to be something that proves your suspicions.
The skeletons of the dead soldiers are ripping themselves out of their flesh, So you nab a hammer and yell the village to prepare. The skeletons use the ribs of others and transform them into make-shift daggers.
The village stands ready to defend itself in a few short moments, and the skeletons prove not to be the hardiest of foes.
However, some villagers are die in the defence. This was still too easy though, so you expect that something went wrong in the planning.
The demons sound juvenile, so it isn't a bad guess to assume they are bad at their job for now.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I make stories and sometimes people like them.
Well, they did that once.
I think.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: August 22, 2013, 03:16:56 pm »

Aaaaalright. Burn and pulverize the skeletons. That will completely eradicate them.

Have the villagers wiel blunt weaponry.

Protocol of dealing with these zombies: kill them (obviously), rot body with our powers, then pulverize skeleton.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: August 22, 2013, 07:35:50 pm »

Meh, just pulverise, flesh monsters with no skeletons are not the most wieldy or easily created entities and should be easy enough to dispatch be destroying their minds or souls(Can we perform a soul destruction on a demoniacally possessed corpse?) while revealing rot powers would not be fitting to a being of our subtlety...

Also, swords can smash bones(As can a well-placed boot...), it is not ideal, but go into battle with our best weapons and probably have some clubs and hammers on hand where practical. We should send out some scouts, preferably mounted, to check on enemy movements. This seems like a gluttony theme, which would make a siege effective, they should starve quickly enough, although it could be pride, there is a continuing theme of inversions to suit the current authority, and they do show a fondness for obedience. Although locking them in their castle without their dinner should also prove effective at discouraging pride...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: August 22, 2013, 07:56:07 pm »

So I was thinking, if we possess the chosen one, do we become the chosen one?  ULTIMATE EVIL POINTS!

Also ask Put if we can do something similar with opening a gate and letting in allied entities into the world.
Sure thing peanut man!

Kitten Snot

• Bay Watcher
  • In need of literary skill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: August 25, 2013, 05:50:13 am »

The scouts return without information. The soldiers all seem to stay inside their castle now that you've put a serious dent in their numbers. Pulverizing the skeletons proved easy enough as well, as they just put them in the mill.
After that, the siege begins. the villagers started it up themselves, feeling confident and angry. A bad mix.
They bring the food carts, and surround the rather impressive looking castle. It's a typical sort of castle, made of stone, has a moat, a drawbridge...
Originality isn't the thing that this castle will win the grand prize of castles with. Nothing seems to be on the walls, presumably because they ate the lighter troops with bows.

The siege takes about 5 hours, and then the bridge falls. Everybody looks up, weapons at the ready and out comes a 7 foot tall ork, with a large OH GUESS WHAT IT'S ANOTHER FUCKING HAMMER.
He slowly walks towards the encampments, resting his hammer on his shoulder, and when he gets close enough, he charges forward at a decent speed. You have more then enough time to get ready. He comes close, he raises his hammer!
He then falls down with an arrow in his back. After which his hammer lands on his head, crushing it completely.
While you had no doubt about the fact that he could have killed the village all by himself, against actual fighters he'd have a problem without support. And bows just kill him outright.
The villagers charge into the castle, with your party first. There is absolutely no resistance left. Getting to the throneroom was easy.

Opening the door reveals something highly unpleasant. Melvin, you assume, is sitting in his throne. Or what's left of the throne, as he has swollen enormously while black streams of energy come out of every orifice. You can see his veins almost glowing with black energy against his skin.
He's screaming constantly, so he's most likely conscious. Looks like he functions as the gate-way between the demon world and this one. The major demon is likely inside his mind, digging around to get a stronger foothold.
He can be saved, surprisingly, according to Wander. You just need to destroy the demon inside.
Entering the mind can be done with two people. They just need to touch the streams of energy.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I make stories and sometimes people like them.
Well, they did that once.
I think.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: August 25, 2013, 06:32:47 am »

Tell Seum that the demon seems too powerful to risk fighting, unless we see a good reason to save Melvin. (Why save the guy? That would be good and just!)

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: August 25, 2013, 07:32:08 am »

I suggest doing it, might be able to break him (mind, soul ect) right afterward for evil/info + dealing with the demon seems like a good idea at least imo.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: August 25, 2013, 07:42:01 am »

Tell Seum that the demon seems too powerful to risk fighting, unless we see a good reason to save Melvin. (Why save the guy? That would be good and just!)
+1
Indeed. It would also counter our plans to become the new "leader" of the village. Well, at least in faith. Or at least, one step under our god. Well, you get what I mean, right? Great.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: August 25, 2013, 12:26:05 pm »

If we go inside, we can interrogate the demon though. Maybe learn some useful information from it or better yet learn how to do something similar with the portal.
Sure thing peanut man!

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: August 25, 2013, 12:27:58 pm »

I'd rather not deal with demons until we have enough power to eat souls, at least.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 89