Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 89

Author Topic: You are an evil entity (suggestion game)  (Read 114571 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are an evil entity (suggestion game)
« Reply #885 on: August 18, 2013, 02:28:25 pm »

The death of the thing is suspicious. And what is even more suspicious is that the soldiers decided to attack once their supposed leader, the one who were doing all this cannibalistic stuff for, died. It just doesn't make any sense.

Shit, we have to take the castle and fight the real battle. But let's outfit the villagers with the armor and weapons from the fallen soldiers first.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: August 18, 2013, 02:34:31 pm »

The death of the thing is suspicious. And what is even more suspicious is that the soldiers decided to attack once their supposed leader, the one who were doing all this cannibalistic stuff for, died. It just doesn't make any sense.

Shit, we have to take the castle and fight the real battle. But let's outfit the villagers with the armor and weapons from the fallen soldiers first.
I'm fairly sure that wasn't Melvin. Note how it said 'your lord' instead of 'me'. Although it could still be Melvin as the speaker.

Follow usual plans for figuring out what the fat thing was: Ask self, ask allies, ask priestess, ask Put.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: August 18, 2013, 02:52:49 pm »

Yeah, most likely a spawn or puppet of some sorts.

+1 to outfitting the Villagers with the Soldiers armours / weapons.
I actually am for waiting this one out - we won't take them by surprise now, so we should meet them on our terms. Wich is "in the village". If the village itself takes damage, they are also somewhat more likely to join our cult at the temple. On the other hand, having a keep for our cult also sounds nice... decisions...

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: August 18, 2013, 02:54:46 pm »

Well, if we think about it, we can just wait until that Melvin demon guy eats all of his guards, because we have food.

Meanwhile, also:

Have the villagers practice wielding actual weapons and moving in armor.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: August 18, 2013, 02:57:08 pm »

As I understand it, hammer-wielder is no longer in a state that is amenable to possession...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: August 18, 2013, 03:04:15 pm »

As I understand it, hammer-wielder is no longer in a state that is amenable to possession...
Did somebody propose possessing the hammer-wielder? Because we haven't sppeaken about possession yet.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: August 18, 2013, 03:55:47 pm »

See if one is alive, and do what we did last time but more

Improve the fortifications

Find out what the fat thing is

Find out if other villages are oppressed this way and recruit them

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: August 18, 2013, 04:15:19 pm »

BEGIN SIEGE. Tell priestess. Also think of which god Melvin could have been created by, and if we can't think, ask priestess, ask Put.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: August 18, 2013, 07:01:06 pm »

Y'know, Put is all about the eating...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: August 20, 2013, 07:28:30 pm »

Y'know, Put is all about the eating...
And his entities will not fight us.

Kitten Snot

• Bay Watcher
  • In need of literary skill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: August 21, 2013, 04:44:03 am »

You take a look at the remaining legs of the fat thing. It's clear that it wasn't just fat, it was bloated up with gas. He was pretty much world's worst water balloon. He was transformed unwillingly, you'd guess.
When you ask around, it turns out the villagers actually knew him. He was Adviser White, well-known for being a kind man who always looked like he didn't eat in five days. He helped Melvin with many problems, and they were close.
The explanation is interrupted by a sudden groaning, coming from one of the corpse piles. You carefully move closer, and see it's the hammer-wielder who's groaning.
The armor is so dented he should be dead, crushed. You remove the helmet, and see he's a possum-man. Also, the helmet is WAY too large for him.
'ey mate, Could ya please pull me ou' o' this deathtrap? I'd really 'preciate it. He says with a rather peculiar accent. You pull him out of the corpse pile, then the armor.

He looks much thinner without the armor on, and you can't help but wonder how he moved in it in the first place.
Oh, man. Thanks, man. I 'aven't seen somebody who wasn't dead or about to be eaten in yonks. Anyway, are you the one who put up the defense?
Correct. you slowly mouth out, remaining suspicious.
'aight. Look, I can explain why I woz walkin' along with these zombies. I basically played dead and acted like I was possessed. I used large armor and a hammer cuz they ate all the scouts in the militia for bein' "weak and expendable". So I looked bigger because of the armor n' hammers intimidate well enough so I looked dangerous. I could barely move most days n' I can't swing those hammers for crap.
I'm going to put this guy in safe-keeping for now, if you don't mind. I don't trust this guy at all.
Fair enough, y'all 'ave the right to be suspicious o' me. Heck, I'd be suspicious if me.

Seum takes him to the town jail, and you coordinate everybody to drag the corpses out of town and taking their stuff. Most use hooks for dragging as their death kickstarted some extreme decomposing and the viscera of White can't be healthy.
The wives and older children take the armor and start washing it to clear off the White's stuff and the blood. It's a bit of a thankless job, and most feel queasy at the end of it. Now that the villagers are outfitted with some good equipment, many believe that they can storm the fort.
The defenses have been improved during the washing of the armor, and the rest of the day consisted of the possom-man teaching people to move in armor after his insistence, your approval and heavy guard.
He's not a trained teacher, though, but he gets the job done. The villagers won't break their necks from the extra weight. It's high noon when everything is done, and many villagers go to sleep in order to deal with the next assault without falling over.
You will keep watch, as sleep is for wusses.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 06:59:15 am by Kitten Snot »
I make stories and sometimes people like them.
Well, they did that once.
I think.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: August 21, 2013, 09:39:35 am »

Provided nothing happens to keep us busy should we question the possum-man to see what he may know regarding Melvin?

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: August 21, 2013, 09:40:39 am »

Provided nothing happens to keep us busy should we question the possum-man to see what he may know regarding Melvin?
I approve of this.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: August 21, 2013, 07:25:54 pm »

Hrmm, so the whole village is asleep, with just us on guard, I wonder if there are any orphans lying around who don't need their souls...
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 89