Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 89

Author Topic: You are an evil entity (suggestion game)  (Read 114589 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: You are an evil entity (suggestion game)
« Reply #585 on: May 25, 2013, 04:52:11 pm »

I'd advise that we get information on those artifacts and see if we can acquire interesting ones. In addition, chat with the Wizard's Guild about relations, maybe a reagent-for-magic swap or something to begin.

But for right now, ask who's attacking as we head out the door.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: May 25, 2013, 05:00:15 pm »

We should go to help them.

Plan: we leave the host and he is carried by our cultists on the way there. As the floating mass of gas we are, we possess someone important from the attacking forces and make him a living rotting boulder of destruction. All of that while our cultists fire at them (it doesn't matter if get hit, as (I suppose) the poison won't cause the host to rot even more).

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: May 25, 2013, 05:09:45 pm »

We should go to help them.
Well, duh.

Plan: we leave the host and he is carried by our cultists on the way there. As the floating mass of gas we are, we possess someone important from the attacking forces and make him a living rotting boulder of destruction. All of that while our cultists fire at them (it doesn't matter if get hit, as (I suppose) the poison won't cause the host to rot even more).
First, let's get basic intel by (say)
ask who's attacking as we head out the door.
We don't get anywhere by rushing into things. Well, we get somewhere, but not a good place.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: May 25, 2013, 05:24:48 pm »

I agree with GreatWyrmGold, but also suggest that afterward we get some more types of poisons from the dwarves to grow.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 05:26:51 pm by griffinpup »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: May 25, 2013, 05:35:38 pm »

Hm, they do have plants don't they? Yes, get plants and neat artifacts, but that waits until after the attack.
Sig

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: May 25, 2013, 05:42:35 pm »

Agreed.  Are we in consent on what to do then?

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: May 25, 2013, 06:18:47 pm »

Yeah, make sure we know who we're fighting.  Bring some cultists with us either way, just so we have someone to guard us.  Maybe have our wizard come too so he can raise the bodies of everyone who dies.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: May 25, 2013, 06:52:34 pm »

Yeah, undead armies are fun, more troops. Even if they just blast them apart with fireballs or something, that will take up mana from them.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: May 25, 2013, 06:57:19 pm »

So, I figure that undead goblins are cheaper to run than alive goblins. If we can get them doing simple repetitive tasks, then I propose that we build farms, feed goblins, and convert the excess goblins that are created into undead and have them work the farms...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: May 25, 2013, 07:08:50 pm »

So, I figure that undead goblins are cheaper to run than alive goblins. If we can get them doing simple repetitive tasks, then I propose that we build farms, feed goblins, and convert the excess goblins that are created into undead and have them work the farms...
not applicable to the current problem, but a valid idea.  The problem lies in you logic.  Why would undead goblins be better then live goblins, and why wouldn't we want more alive goblins as opposed to dead ones?  What simple, repetitive tasks that are actually useful could the dead goblins do?  Wouldn't you want cultists that were more useful the merely doing simple, repetitive, tasks? 

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: May 25, 2013, 07:26:51 pm »

Goblins eat, zombies don't. Simple repetitive tasks such as "get fruit, put fruit in bucket, if bucket is full, put put bucket at bucket station and get empty bucket. I am assuming that goblins can sustain a very high reproductive rate under ideal circumstances. We turn them into undead so that we can get a much larger force of mixed living/dead goblins than we could with living goblins alone. Even if we need to tap into an artefact to radiate magic to maintain the zombies on a farm, it would still likely be much cheaper in the long-run than feeding farmhands... Basically I want to exploit undead in order to intensively farm the goblins.

We would present it to the goblins as a tithe. They sacrifice some of their people to the cause and the cause provides them with food.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: May 25, 2013, 07:35:44 pm »

It's probably just easier to raise the goblins that are already dead.  Don't want to antagonize our followers too much and I'm sure the goblin death rate is already plenty high.  Not to mention I'm sure they can bring back plenty of dead bodies from raids and tribal wars too.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: May 25, 2013, 08:03:01 pm »

Dead goblins, no matter how animated, can't make more goblins.  Raise the current dead and the ones that die through other means.  It would be counterproductive to make a goblin farm while limiting the reproductive capabilities of said farm.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: May 25, 2013, 09:57:30 pm »

Dead goblins, no matter how animated, can't make more goblins.  Raise the current dead and the ones that die through other means.  It would be counterproductive to make a goblin farm while limiting the reproductive capabilities of said farm.
+1
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 89