Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 89

Author Topic: You are an evil entity (suggestion game)  (Read 114602 times)

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
Re: You are an evil entity (suggestion game)
« Reply #555 on: May 15, 2013, 09:06:18 pm »

Can anyone post suggestions?
Yes?

I like what she did though... So long the alchemist can still alchemy.
A dead alchemist will surely do a lot of chemistry with the gases in his body. So, not, we lost the alchemist, which actually ruins one of my future plans.
The alchemist's death wouldn't actually prevent us from pulling off a plan like that.  We'd just need some other alchemist to take his place... or if the undead alchemist can talk, we could just dress him up with a lot of stuff to try and pass him off for living.

I dunno. I feel like we should inflict a little pain. Just pain, no physical wounds. Maybe make her mark burn like mad for a second, sort of like a taser. If we can do that. That would be a good warning.

I like what she did though... So long the alchemist can still alchemy.
I might agree with this under different circumstances but as it currently stands, hurting her would be potentially antagonizing one of our few followers who are actually devoutly loyal to us.
Her, maybe the wizard and I suppose barely the goblin shamans are basically all that keeps our followers in check.

My suggestion is that we simply start gathering intel on all the other crime families in the city (I guess send out our cultists?) so we can form a more accurate plan for taking them over.  I prefer more underhanded methods of conquest to over the top violence if possible, so I'm thinking we should use a lot of infiltration, mind domination and bribery.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: May 15, 2013, 09:43:17 pm »

Have the necromancer attempt to restore the alchemist's skills as a long-term project. And also have them make some slave labour for the goblins. Necromancy cops a lot of flack, but by all accounts undead would be of massive mundane value. They are practically perpetual energy machines...

Reprimand the priestess, possibly by giving her a literal mental scar...

Try to get information on the minor nobility.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Demdemeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: May 16, 2013, 09:00:47 am »

See just what quality of undead the necromancer can make. The more intelligent, the better, as long as they're loyal. +1 to all the surveillance and espionage suggestions.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: May 16, 2013, 09:57:55 am »

See just what quality of undead the necromancer can make. The more intelligent, the better, as long as they're loyal. +1 to all the surveillance and espionage suggestions.
Another -1 to RAM's suggestion, and another +1 to the infiltration.
But I still say that we should try our new torture devices (Hey, you want evil points, right?)

Demdemeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: May 16, 2013, 10:15:31 am »

Try the new devices as part of the investigations

Kitten Snot

• Bay Watcher
  • In need of literary skill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: May 19, 2013, 04:56:24 am »

When dawn breaks, you leave your meditation. You are the first one up, and guessing from the fact that's the dawn came this early you can finally guess that this is summer-time. You go over to your priestess' quarters, with a small knife in hand.
Nobody makes an order but you. You are superior.
When she opens the door, she jumps back in surprise but quickly recomposes herself.
Jumpy, are you? Do you know your mistake already?(I'm going to make all dialogue from your character, including hosts, green now. I don't know why I wanted to let the hosts keep their voice color)
Mistake? I did as you asked. Have I displeased you? She asks confusedly.
The alchemist. You decided he was a better asset when dead?
I deemed him useless, and necromancy is useful to our cause. The Rotting Butcher favors necromancers.
It was without my consent, mortal. You will leave potential assets alone unless I give you carte blanche.
What?
PERMISSION TO DO WHATEVER, TROGLODYTE.
Calm down, entity! She getting angry now. So are you
YOU DO NOT ORDER ME!
You curse in your personal language, but calm down shortly thereafter.
This is your warning. Don't disappoint me again.
You show your blade, and she sighs and rolls up her sleeve. You give a quick wound, enough to draw blood, but not damage overmuch. She doesn't even cringe.

You walk away, and get around to checking your newly acquired necromancer after that unneeded melodrama brought on by someone who made a questionable decision and you being so convinced of your superiority it would be your downfall if this was a cartoon.
Turns out, with enough practice it is possible to get some skills from before in. It's one of the main things to get, because turning a powerful warrior into a slave that follows your commands only isn't that practical. Because you just end up with a bigger slave that can punch things harder. Better if the undead creature remembers how to swing a blade in someone's excuse for a face.
You also set up a torture room in the basement. You have no prisoners to use it on, though. and the cultists you sent to get information are unlikely to get a member without blowing away their cover.

As far as nobility goes, your short stint as the general taught you that there's only a single count and his family in this city. He is extraordinarily rich and paranoid.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Yes, I gave the entity a huge-ass flaw that is shared by pretty much all immortal beings. Sue me.
I make stories and sometimes people like them.
Well, they did that once.
I think.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: May 19, 2013, 07:30:07 am »

Hrmmm, paranoia huh? I wonder if we can use a few stray goblins and a lot of illusionary goblins to turn that into full-blown insanity...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Demdemeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: May 19, 2013, 06:48:29 pm »

Make him paranoid about something that's not an actual threat; try to implicate his most trusted advisors in crime or evil.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: May 19, 2013, 06:54:38 pm »

Let's just stick with taking over the mobs first.  Then we can go after the nobility in the town.

I suggest we try and find out the location of enemy mob leaders and set up a few raids to take them out.  Maybe have our cultists retrieve some dead bodies from the local graveyard for our necromancer to raise as well.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

jakeread1

• Bay Watcher
  • Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan, I got this.
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: May 19, 2013, 07:07:37 pm »

I think we should focus on taking over the underground, then gain the support of the people and overthrow the nobility. Send some cultists out to gather information on other crime bosses.
New Character awaits a epic black vs hood black vs straight up black fight!
http://www.youtube.com/user/jakeread1 <----- that there is my youtube channel!

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: May 19, 2013, 07:33:33 pm »

So, it's summer now, it means: DEATHROT.

Let's get some and process it and star our drug dealing bussiness. Everything can be done with money.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: May 19, 2013, 09:38:54 pm »

So, it's summer now, it means: DEATHROT.

Let's get some and process it and star our drug dealing bussiness. Everything can be done with money.
Fair enough, and lets get that tunnel working.

I suggest that, if we get large amounts of money, that we use them to get large amounts of food with which to make goblin hordes. preferably a large, expertly designed food production industry...
Read the First Post!

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: May 20, 2013, 07:00:22 pm »

It looks like the majority of people want to improve the infrastructure of our cult.  Make more money, increase our base of power, etc...  I propose that we do this and also gain some scouting intel on the local crime lords.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: May 20, 2013, 07:44:44 pm »

It looks like the majority of people want to improve the infrastructure of our cult.  Make more money, increase our base of power, etc...  I propose that we do this and also gain some scouting intel on the local crime lords.
Sounds good. Intel is always useful.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Kitten Snot

• Bay Watcher
  • In need of literary skill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: May 22, 2013, 02:33:52 pm »

Your goblins are already busy with cultivating deathrot, but the late time to start makes it difficult. Still, they should get some bits cultivated before the summer is at an end. As for your financial concerns, the goblins also regularly loot caravans coming too close. that gives a nice amount of gold, seeing how Goblins have no use for the stuff they managed to get you a decent bit of it. They hoarded it for the pretty glow it seems to give when amassed in large amounts. Pretty mysterious how that seems to happen. Not to mention it starts twinkling all on its own. The tunnels you asked for are coming along nicely, but it'll take a month or more before it's finally finished.
The goblins are quite pleased with your hands-off approach with your leadership. The last one worked them to the bone, with Gloob being the only one capable of enjoying it. Minions are weird like that.

Your cultists, meanwhile, have gathered information on the rest of the families. There is one in charge of a supposedly great wizard which focuses on the arcane arts, a nearly uncatchable guild of thieves and assassin run by a man so secret that some say he can evade the gods themselves on a good day and one final guild that's run by, what is all means, an ordinary man. How the guards failed to stop, or even slow this man is quite telling of his abilities. On top of it all, the normal man's guild is the most spread out of all, making him the most powerful man for miles. They call him the Free Man for being so good at avoiding capture.

Your plan on making the count more paranoid then he already is is going to be difficult without a high-ranking body. However, there's something that's VERY major.
The general's not dead. The count was so very pleased with his defeat of the avatar of rage that he allowed his enormous treasurery to be emptied by a third to gather up the magical artifacts and diamonts (which boost spells) to revive him. The massive head trauma (namely, the lack-of-head-trauma) led to him forgettting the last month or so, but he's back in action once more. Also unfortunate, is that he found the priestess' corruption and killed her on the spot. This caused a little suspicion, but the confirmation of your mark led to him being cleared of all charges. Of course, that didn't stop the rumors floating about...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I make stories and sometimes people like them.
Well, they did that once.
I think.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 89