Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 1416 1417 [1418] 1419 1420 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3900119 times)

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: pretty pretty princess
« Reply #21255 on: July 02, 2015, 08:36:43 pm »

Visit all the merchants so we know the best way to transfer our FP into River Dollars.

Activate magical girl pendant.

Bloodshape armour.

Take the Illborn Upgrade sidequest. Upgrade Slog with the plant thing and the wisp thing from the storage. Make sure to do one upgrade after the other instead of both at once.

-1 to activating the pendant. If memory serves, it soulbinds on use.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21256 on: July 02, 2015, 08:40:28 pm »

If we're not activating it, we should just put it in storage because it serves no other purpose and no one else seems to want to wear it.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #21257 on: July 02, 2015, 08:47:45 pm »

We will never clear DL3 because that means beating Cain.

Never say never, I say. I certainly wouldn't want to pass up on a 20:1 reward if we decide to put him down like a mad dog.

We can't access the Valkyrie area and there probably aren't even 5 of them.

We've already fought several Valkyries on Ecco's skyship, and I'm rather keen to find a way down to the "normal" DL:4 afterward, where we'll likely encounter more.

We don't have enough junk loot lying around to build a 6-inventory slot thing.

We've already done it once, and with Riltia's dumb fighter strength back in the party I'm sure the opportunity to repurpose chunks of scenery into impractically sized weaponry will come around shortly.

We have no T3 ingredients that we'd ever want to get rid of.

"Yet" would be the key word there. I figure we're bound to do it sooner or later, so we may as well get the quest before it gets replaced by something more difficult to do.

Wouldn't bloodshaping armor be... a bit redundant?

Actually, worst case scenario it makes healing more efficient, So I am all for it.

Armor translates to DR, which applies to each individual dice of damage, which is the format the most damaging attacks in the game have taken. If we spend money/blood on anything, it should probably be armor.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21258 on: July 02, 2015, 08:51:22 pm »

Astral Influx. Switch to Al. Verify everything we checked as Riltia.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: you're not alone in this world
« Reply #21259 on: July 02, 2015, 10:07:03 pm »

Finally caught up again.

oh yeah one last thing before the next update

i should probably warn you guys

on august 15 im heading off to work on a farm/convent for about 9 months

updates if any will likely be glacial slow, and i dont know whats gonna happen after that, so i'm gonna try to update every day until then

let's enjoy the game while we can
The Cult of the Corn beckons. FFS thought he could escape life as a Wheatspeaker by moving to the internet and starting anew as a successful thing artist, but sometimes your past cannot be outrun...

YES.

Speaking of which, I missed/skimmed past the MANY MANY PAGES of discussion as to who would make the prettiest princess. Could somebody summarize the current utter lack of consensus for me?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21260 on: July 02, 2015, 10:09:05 pm »

I didn't notice any discussion of the sort but I'm guessing the consensus was either Al or Slog, as always.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 10:27:32 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #21261 on: July 02, 2015, 10:24:20 pm »

UH excuse me? clearly it is Cain.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21262 on: July 02, 2015, 10:24:35 pm »

Speaking of which, I missed/skimmed past the MANY MANY PAGES of discussion as to who would make the prettiest princess. Could somebody summarize the current utter lack of consensus for me?

If you're referring to the Pendant, the consensus was overwhelmingly for Ciro when Proxxy left to get it.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21263 on: July 02, 2015, 10:29:25 pm »

I didn't notice any discussion of the sort but I'm guess the consensus would be either Al or Slog, as always.
It was weeks ago but here is a good example of it in full swing. It starts earlier and keeps on going for quite some time.

The two three four major issues I saw were SP usage, as it apparently costs or drains 5 SP to transform; general usefulness of the character in doing non-magical girl things (ie Cherish might want to be healing us rather than lovelight chain-cannoning enemies); if and how Illborn react to Soulbound items and transformations differently than ensouled characters; and of course ridiculousness, as this is still TWoOTA and everyone kind of wants to see a Shopkeeper magical girl.

UH excuse me? clearly it is Cain.
See? This is exactly what I'm talking about. I now desperately want this.

If you're referring to the Pendant, the consensus was overwhelmingly for Ciro when Proxxy left to get it.
Ah. Dispute resolved! Or more likely forgotten about completely.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21264 on: July 02, 2015, 10:57:44 pm »

SP usage, as it apparently costs or drains 5 SP to transform
I read it as it taking away 5 SP and MSP upon transforming, but giving it back upon the user returning to normal.

10/10 would become 5/5, for example.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21265 on: July 02, 2015, 11:00:38 pm »

One of our biggest issues is and has always been our collective gnat sized memory.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21266 on: July 02, 2015, 11:12:41 pm »

So shall we get more suggestions and votes in?

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Avoiding boss fights since 2013
« Reply #21267 on: July 02, 2015, 11:25:00 pm »

Gentlemen, we need to at least try to use the skeletons, and see if they are hostile, helpful, or whatever.
+1 to this.
If the skeletons turn out to be useful, go to the dark cathedral and fuse something with a fellsetto essence, then host a music concert with the skeletons as backup dancers and something as the singer.

Enjoy the profit from all proceeds that are made

attempt Operation: Spooky Scary Skeleton Concert
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Avoiding boss fights since 2013
« Reply #21268 on: July 02, 2015, 11:55:15 pm »

Gentlemen, we need to at least try to use the skeletons, and see if they are hostile, helpful, or whatever.
+1 to this.
+1

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21269 on: July 03, 2015, 12:15:00 am »

The Hat trick to have 5 SP more than MSP can proabaly also work with the magical girl transformation, letting ciro have 5 MORE SP than is needed to cast genetic recess.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 ... 1416 1417 [1418] 1419 1420 ... 1544