Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 966 967 [968] 969 970 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3896626 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: 2d capitalism simulator
« Reply #14505 on: April 22, 2014, 09:39:43 pm »

Don't forget the dick jokes.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #14506 on: April 22, 2014, 10:51:55 pm »

I can't help but feel like Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann is an anime I really need to get around to watching. Ah, well, to the pile with you, along with Death Note and Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

RanDomino

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14507 on: April 23, 2014, 05:00:14 pm »

It's a Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann fanfic.  The real story starts after we bust out of underground.
The more I think about this, the more terrifyingly I like it.  Hint: Awesomeness = Soul Charge.

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14508 on: April 23, 2014, 05:57:09 pm »

It's a Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann fanfic.  The real story starts after we bust out of underground.

So what you're saying is: Ciro: Bloodshape drill?
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14509 on: April 23, 2014, 07:24:00 pm »

+1
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #14510 on: April 23, 2014, 08:36:43 pm »

+1
+1
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: IT WAS ALL JUST A DREAM
« Reply #14511 on: April 23, 2014, 09:44:40 pm »

no
Worth a shot.

consider Easter all the greater, as the day of his death.
Uh, no. Good Friday is the day of his death. Easter is the day of his resurrection.
Assorted gods dammit. Note to self: Even if posting in TWoOtA, keep your head in the game and not on the why is rwby so enjoyable anyways? Distractions lead to embarrassing mistakes.
At least it's the kind of embarrassing mistake where the correction strengthens my point. I like those. Hey look someone's designing TF2 maps.

Then why is it called Good Friday?
#1  "Hey, the Son of God died. What should we remember this day by?"
#2  "How about Good Friday?"
#1  "Sure, nothing strange or contradictory about that. It's not even ironic!"
I'd like to note that, since I was raised Lutheran, I totally have the right to mock Christianity. Also, if you don't like people mocking Christianity, you should probably skip the next paragraph. And probably every paragraph I mention religion in.
What do you expect, from a religion that eats the flesh and drinks the blood of their savior? Especially given that more orthodox sects believe that the bread and wine are literally transformed into Jesus's flesh and blood! Creepy, just like every cult whose holy symbol is a torture/execution device. Which was used to kill the holiest people in their religion. And don't get me started on their other laws and traditions. Creepy. Who would do that to a newborn?

It derives from an earlier use of the word Good that stood for Pious or Holy.

On a random trivia note, Good Bye derives from a contraction of the phrase "God be with you!" used in the 16th century
Shush, we're mocking the dominant religion of most of the Western world.
And "Zounds" was "God's Wounds," and "OK" was...well...about a dozen things. Your point?

...and slightly creepy. Plus, I have yet to see Ciro turn water into wine.

In fact, Ciro has actually killed innocents! Right, Wilford? Oh, riiigght, she killed you!
This is another of those paragraphs that I mock religion.
So did Jesus. Poor fig tree. Not to mention other major Christian figures like God, Abraham (indirectly), God again, Lot, God yet again, Dinah, God is a lot of these examples isn't he, Moses, I'm thinking maybe I should stop bringing up God, arguably all of Israel, Big G again, and again, either God or the Israelites (again), geez what's wrong with this guy, another classic Moses to liven things up, God and the Israelites again, God one last time, and lots of people (especially God) after Exodus (and unmentioned in those first couple books).
And hey, God's Jesus, isn't he? If anything, we're being too nice!
...Maybe I should stop commenting on the religion-related posts before I get a bunch of people with stones knocking on my door.

...are we sure we're the good guys? It is really hard to tell.
We're the bad guys who want what's probably best for the Warrens at large. Unless we're being mislead again. Or incompetent.
Yeah.

+1
+1
Mandatory anti-joke-action -1
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #14512 on: April 23, 2014, 09:55:46 pm »

Then why is it called Good Friday?
#1  "Hey, the Son of God died. What should we remember this day by?"
#2  "How about Good Friday?"
#1  "Sure, nothing strange or contradictory about that. It's not even ironic!"
I'd like to note that, since I was raised Lutheran, I totally have the right to mock Christianity. Also, if you don't like people mocking Christianity, you should probably skip the next paragraph. And probably every paragraph I mention religion in.
What do you expect, from a religion that eats the flesh and drinks the blood of their savior? Especially given that more orthodox sects believe that the bread and wine are literally transformed into Jesus's flesh and blood! Creepy, just like every cult whose holy symbol is a torture/execution device. Which was used to kill the holiest people in their religion. And don't get me started on their other laws and traditions. Creepy. Who would do that to a newborn?
Yeah, I never did get where that came from. I mean, I don't really understand a lot of Christian practices, but that one in particular was always just...Ew.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #14513 on: April 23, 2014, 09:57:27 pm »

Is this really the right place to be having this derail?
It's FEF, not FEOF

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #14514 on: April 23, 2014, 10:01:07 pm »

"Right to mock Christianity"
"If you don't like[...]then skip the next paragraph > [Reasons]"

Wow, GWG. I haven't heard such patronizing ideals stated in such an outright way. If you're curious, which I believe you are, then ask without insulting (or subtly being snide in any way, in the least)

Tell you what: Why don't you research what you're 'mocking' about before you open your mouth and state those ideas as if they were facts, please.

I am really getting tired of reading this 'western' ideology without backing that I'm really getting the idea that you're picking up these things just to poke at the religion (instead of the wrongs being done due to interpretation from said religion) :/ I mean, I understand that there are religious extremists and their following beliefs in the west...
But really?!

Derail just to insult?
I've half a mind to hit that report button but here's my two cents: Shut it and speak with an open hand (meaning: Speak with an open-minded attitude).

PPE: Thanks Furtuka.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 10:10:27 pm by Tiruin »

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #14515 on: April 23, 2014, 10:06:57 pm »

Big list of points and refutes; as well as arguments, counterarguments, and support.
This is why people think you should join the mafia subforum, if you aren't there somewhere where I can't see you already.
Join Mini Mafia Madness, it's great advertising and someone has already said if we can convince you to join they'll join too.

Spoiler: derail reply (click to show/hide)

Back to our regularly scheduled Warrens suggestions.
Release the glowing bug thing from it's jar, and then try shaping something we probably can't shape, like another jar. When we inevitably fail, try catching some of our own blood in the jar.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14516 on: April 23, 2014, 10:19:28 pm »

+1
+1
Mandatory anti-joke-action -1
It's not really a joke action. We should bloodshape a new weapon, and a drills as good a weapon as anything.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #14517 on: April 23, 2014, 10:20:33 pm »

A drill is a really impractical weapon.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #14518 on: April 23, 2014, 10:21:15 pm »

+1
+1
+1 for the sake of spite
It's FEF, not FEOF

RanDomino

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14519 on: April 23, 2014, 10:34:54 pm »

A drill is a really impractical weapon.
Bloodshape drill, switch to Practical Fighter
Pages: 1 ... 966 967 [968] 969 970 ... 1544