Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 965 966 [967] 968 969 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3896988 times)

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: 2d capitalism simulator
« Reply #14490 on: April 21, 2014, 03:09:11 pm »

Alright. So are we going to take the path of good or evil? Ciro is in the middle right now, so we could go either way...

Lead the Warrens to freedom and Loot Throne, or take over and rule with a fist of solid loot?
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14491 on: April 21, 2014, 03:13:34 pm »

Ciro must give up the eartly possessions which bind her to the Warrens, and embark on a journey of spirit.
Only then can Ciro become one with herself. One with the Universe. One with the Loot.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14492 on: April 21, 2014, 03:15:02 pm »

* LordSlowpoke BOMFS into the ceiling

* LordSlowpoke falls down on Javier

we do not want to become one with the loot

what will we steal rightfully obtain then, ourselves?

that's bloody ridiculous and i'm all for it

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #14493 on: April 21, 2014, 04:13:03 pm »

See, the thing is, if we rule the Warrens, that means we would own everything in it, and therefore they would be nothing left to loot.

On the other hand, if we want to re-loot everything again we'd have to start a New Game+ (AKA let Oric rule again)
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

RanDomino

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14494 on: April 21, 2014, 11:26:08 pm »

See, the thing is, if we rule the Warrens, that means we would own everything in it, and therefore they would be nothing left to loot.

On the other hand, if we want to re-loot everything again we'd have to start a New Game+ (AKA let Oric rule again)
"...recreate the prison" eh?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14495 on: April 21, 2014, 11:32:16 pm »

"...recreate the prison" eh?
Hold on. I finally get it.

This is a metaphor for people who run bots in MMOs. Oric programmed us to run through the Warrens over and over again, acquiring tons of loot before facing him. Then, when we fight him, he wins and gets loot, all without doing anything except a bit of maintenance.

Then he'll send spam messages to all the other dimensional kings advertising his $$$LOW-PRICED GENUINE QUALITY GOLD$$$.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #14496 on: April 22, 2014, 12:02:27 am »

A possible idea sparked by the alignment-of-Ciro debate:
The Warrens is not a story of Good vs. Evil, like some have assumed, but rather a story of Law vs. Chaos. As pointed out before, Ciro has never really done anything good, or done anything evil, but we're definitely chaotic, or at least not lawful. After all, our primary goal so far is to destroy the intricate system Oric has in place, and overthrow him as King/Lord/Leader/Eldest Sibling of the Warrens. Also, Oric has never actually been shown, nor spoken of, doing anything evil. The closest thing is Cain's story, but even then, all he did was kill the siblings of and imprison the Last Seraphim, which is also called the Devil. However, given that he's built the system that is the Warrens, and so much of it seems reminiscent of a computer, something that is pretty much universally considered lawful and orderly, he seems decidedly lawful.

Or perhaps, the defiance of Good vs. Evil goes deeper than that. Perhaps, instead of this being a battle of Good vs. Evil or Law vs. Chaos, this is simply a battle of Neutral vs. Neutral. After all, Oric may be lawful, but most of our current tentatively accepted theories is that Oric is motivated by greed, something generally considered to defy the common conception of a Lawful person. Also, Oric built (Or at least, extensively renovated) the Warrens. In it is the RNG system which randomly changes rooms around and flushes unsatisfactory ones, which once more seems in defiance of him being Lawful. Also, this idea is supported by our Second Shift, Oric's +10 to Awesome, and that one tip I can't be bothered to track down stating that "Holy is sometimes called Awesome". Our Second Shift weapon does fixed (IE unchanging, and therefore orderly) Holy damage, defying our appearance as a Chaotic character once more. Also, it leads to Holy vs. Holy, with participants being "unholy" or evil/chaotic enough to balance out the Holy-- creating Neutral vs. Neutral.

Also also, think about the themes present in the Warrens. There's no clear good guys, and Oric's role as bad guy is still up in the air. There never has, and likely never will be, any morally absolute characters in the Warrens. Most characters are morally balanced, and none come to mind who break this balance. Throughout all this time, FFS has never really broken this concept of "Nobody's really good, nobody's really evil". Why would he break this concept that's been present for almost as long as the game had a plot in the core conflict (So far) in the game? Knowing FFS, he wouldn't.

Not horribly well supported, but it's an interesting idea, and I'll take any chance I'm given to dissect and analyze the brilliant story telling behind this game.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14497 on: April 22, 2014, 12:08:12 am »

since piratepad is down, put me on record saying i want to have the crew eat ice cream with oric

* LordSlowpoke does mandatory flopping-related action

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14498 on: April 22, 2014, 12:21:44 am »

since piratepad is down, put me on record saying i want to have the crew eat ice cream with oric

* LordSlowpoke does mandatory flopping-related action

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #14499 on: April 22, 2014, 12:27:46 am »

You got trolled, ma boy. Absolutely, completely trolled.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14500 on: April 22, 2014, 05:03:28 am »

A possible idea sparked by the alignment-of-Ciro debate:
The Warrens is not a story of Good vs. Evil, like some have assumed, but rather a story of Law vs. Chaos. As pointed out before, Ciro has never really done anything good, or done anything evil, but we're definitely chaotic, or at least not lawful. After all, our primary goal so far is to destroy the intricate system Oric has in place, and overthrow him as King/Lord/Leader/Eldest Sibling of the Warrens. Also, Oric has never actually been shown, nor spoken of, doing anything evil. The closest thing is Cain's story, but even then, all he did was kill the siblings of and imprison the Last Seraphim, which is also called the Devil. However, given that he's built the system that is the Warrens, and so much of it seems reminiscent of a computer, something that is pretty much universally considered lawful and orderly, he seems decidedly lawful.

Or perhaps, the defiance of Good vs. Evil goes deeper than that. Perhaps, instead of this being a battle of Good vs. Evil or Law vs. Chaos, this is simply a battle of Neutral vs. Neutral. After all, Oric may be lawful, but most of our current tentatively accepted theories is that Oric is motivated by greed, something generally considered to defy the common conception of a Lawful person. Also, Oric built (Or at least, extensively renovated) the Warrens. In it is the RNG system which randomly changes rooms around and flushes unsatisfactory ones, which once more seems in defiance of him being Lawful. Also, this idea is supported by our Second Shift, Oric's +10 to Awesome, and that one tip I can't be bothered to track down stating that "Holy is sometimes called Awesome". Our Second Shift weapon does fixed (IE unchanging, and therefore orderly) Holy damage, defying our appearance as a Chaotic character once more. Also, it leads to Holy vs. Holy, with participants being "unholy" or evil/chaotic enough to balance out the Holy-- creating Neutral vs. Neutral.

Also also, think about the themes present in the Warrens. There's no clear good guys, and Oric's role as bad guy is still up in the air. There never has, and likely never will be, any morally absolute characters in the Warrens. Most characters are morally balanced, and none come to mind who break this balance. Throughout all this time, FFS has never really broken this concept of "Nobody's really good, nobody's really evil". Why would he break this concept that's been present for almost as long as the game had a plot in the core conflict (So far) in the game? Knowing FFS, he wouldn't.

Not horribly well supported, but it's an interesting idea, and I'll take any chance I'm given to dissect and analyze the brilliant story telling behind this game.
The Seraphim aren't really morally ambiguous. They ate people's Souls, and tried to exploit someone to produce infinite food, then tried to kill that 'someone' later after his plan was complete.
Cain also kills people because he likes to.

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #14501 on: April 22, 2014, 05:05:47 am »

So what you're saying is that the Warrens is Dwarf Fortress, and Ciro is an Uninvited Guest.

EDIT: Removed question mark because the above is obviously the Gospel Truth.
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14502 on: April 22, 2014, 05:12:21 am »

So what you're saying is that the Warrens is Dwarf Fortress, and Yaos is an Uninvited Guest.
ftfy
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 07:44:53 pm by javierpwn »

RanDomino

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14503 on: April 22, 2014, 06:18:39 pm »

It's a Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann fanfic.  The real story starts after we bust out of underground.

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14504 on: April 22, 2014, 09:15:29 pm »

It's a Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann fanfic.  The real story starts after we bust out of underground.

Yeah... but if that's the case, then story will escalate to infinity. First, we escape the Warrens. Then we form a militia on the surface. Then we raise a rebellion against the King of Haria and his generals. And then...
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.
Pages: 1 ... 965 966 [967] 968 969 ... 1544