Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 934 935 [936] 937 938 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3897839 times)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile

Well, we did only roll a 11+2 for that weapon, which is barely a success. If we try again we could get something better. That might get an insanity penalty though.

I'd say it's worth one more try.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

Yeah.

Try reforging it one or two times, see what happens.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

Well, we did only roll a 11+2 for that weapon, which is barely a success. If we try again we could get something better. That might get an insanity penalty though.

I'd say it's worth one more try.
The weapon was decent, just impractical. If we get a less impractical weapon, we might get a more useful one.
And it's described as the ultimate Bloodshaped weapon. Not sure if we can exceed that, but with the certain insanity penalty, I'm not willing to gamble.

Oh, speaking of insanity penalties...
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Or maybe it's something about trying to turn crystals into meat. I'm definitely getting too old for this stuff."
-Alfred Lichenstein
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

Except that with a random number generator, doing the same thing over and over again will literally give you X different results.

It's like practice. Practice isn't insanity.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

ffs still gives insanity penalties for trying the same thing over and over.

And if kj hadn't been unable to complete his repetition, I would have assigned him insanity penalties. Well, more because of this:

You may as well just give it a five since I'm not going to stop until the stupid thing is fixed.

but still.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile

How about this as a sorta compromise?

Bloodforge the 'Ultimate Weapon of All Ultimate Weapons'. Technically  we aren't repeating the exact same action, right?
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The Heartbreaker is the "ultimate" blood shaped weapon because it takes 10MSP and 10MHP, which are presumably the maximum for bloodshaped weapons.
We could get a weapon that only uses 10 MHP, and it probably won't use SP.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile

But a smaller version of the Heartbreaker would be more efficient, I think. That's why I suggested scaling it down.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Somewhat unrelated, but:

At the end of this post, we got '15 Diabolicalness Points". Where are these points? I haven't seen them in our inventory, or any of our menus (as far as I remember). And WHAT do they do?

My first thought is that there is one of those 'Morality Meter' things, but then why haven't good actions taken us the opposite direction?

...Have we even done anything good? Bringing Slog back to life would count if it weren't technically Necromancy, but other than that nothing comes to mind.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile

...Have we even done anything good? Bringing Slog back to life would count if it weren't technically Necromancy, but other than that nothing comes to mind.
...What if we aren't the target, and Oric is isn't the thief, but rather, it's the other way around?
Ciro is obsessed with loot, and, at least according to our possibly-fake memories, we weren't exactly invited in- much like a thief. Oric, meanwhile, is the person who's loot we're trying to steal, and is therefore the target of us, the thief. Additionally, we aren't really moral, as pointed out above, so what if rather than just being the kinda-anti-hero we seem like, it's actually a case of full-on Villain Protagonist?
Yes, yes, there's word of god and confirmed theorycraftings, but shut up your logic and rational thinking is getting in the way of my insanity!
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile

We uh uh uh... Now that you mention it, we haven't really done anything majorly lawful nor good. We should probably pay more attention to sidequests in the future.
It's FEF, not FEOF

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

At the end of this post, we got '15 Diabolicalness Points". Where are these points? I haven't seen them in our inventory, or any of our menus (as far as I remember). And WHAT do they do?

well we got this rubric

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

WARNING:THIS MAY BE CHEATING, EVEN FOR THIS GAME.

Spoiler: Remember This? (click to show/hide)

Ninja'd: Then shouldn't we have 15 Diabolical's on the Rubric? Or does 15 Diabolical Pts=1 Intimidation?

And we should do something that is definitely good to see if we unlock anything. And slapping Al doesn't count, nor does killing Slog.

GENERATION 32:

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't know.... The last time we tried to help someone with genuine kindness in our heart, two people got sliced in half.... :-\

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...No good deed goes unpunished? Well, we don't have to do anything life threatening- volunteering to clean the Aunts house or something would work.
GENERATION 32:
Pages: 1 ... 934 935 [936] 937 938 ... 1544