Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 864 865 [866] 867 868 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3901960 times)

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: obvious gm "advice" is usually bad
« Reply #12975 on: March 23, 2014, 07:07:36 am »

Hey. Frizz does 1d4+2 damage. As far as I can see, that's a minimum of 3, or 2 with the Valkyrie's DR.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12976 on: March 23, 2014, 07:12:54 am »

I would have thought that if anyone owned DL1 it would be Riltia, as that is the floor we met her, and were told to kill her on.
Though that does leave one floor with no sibling....  (I highly doubt Al owns a floor as he isn't a sibling)  Perhaps the angels have a floor to themselves?  Or do they just dwell in the void between the floors, as Betweenford did?

Hey. Frizz does 1d4+2 damage. As far as I can see, that's a minimum of 3, or 2 with the Valkyrie's DR.
Slog must have a passive skill that makes everything he does useless...  It would explain a lot.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12977 on: March 23, 2014, 07:15:48 am »

Slog must have a passive skill that makes everything he does useless...  It would explain a lot.
Slog's only passive, as far as I can remember, is that he gets a +1 to the tier of the Dark Cathedral result when placed in the first slot.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

ShadowStrike

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Axe
    • View Profile
« Reply #12978 on: March 23, 2014, 07:29:30 am »

I would have thought that if anyone owned DL1 it would be Riltia, as that is the floor we met her, and were told to kill her on.
Though that does leave one floor with no sibling....  (I highly doubt Al owns a floor as he isn't a sibling)  Perhaps the angels have a floor to themselves?  Or do they just dwell in the void between the floors, as Betweenford did?

This. Also, without the ladder shenanigan, we would need to kill Riltia just to move to DL2. That's why I think Riltia is the owner of DL1.
The second best way to destroy non-serious and non-sensical posts is to dump a whole load of cold scientific facts on it.

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12979 on: March 23, 2014, 08:04:02 am »

We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12980 on: March 23, 2014, 08:56:30 am »

Cain sees the Angels as devils, because he sees them as monstrous rulers of the Underworld. Polydectes is a denizen of the Underworld, and would prefer the second most powerful and monstrous being wouldn't know his exact location to flush him out and eat his soul. The Angels just refer to her as The Lord because that's what she is to them, while they are her little servants who do her bidding and get to eat delicious souls/charge
Pretty simple, I suppose. Although we could get more convoluted if we mixed in the surprisingly popular theory that demons and devils were originally fallen angels...

I think that Ciro owns neither DL5 nor DL6 because he owns DL1.

Honestly, it just makes narrative sense to me. We go along, only to find out that the boss of DL5 is really Al/Riltia, and we may need to kill them to pass.
Like we had to kill Ciro to pass DL1, or Proxxy to pass DL2, or Cain to pass DL3?
Regardless...by your logic, we should have had a boss battle with ourself on DL1. Which we didn't. The closest we had to a boss battle was Riltia, who--like the dungeon level--started without any form at all.

Thankfully, we can check DL3 for no cost once we find a checkpoint; if the checkpoint on the list hasn't been shuffled, we're safe. Since we didn't really do anything to Cain, I think DL3 won't be cleared. I do think that there will be some sort of opposition, though. That dragon is still around, and it wouldn't surprise me one bit if something leaped out of the water.
I suppose.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

ShadowStrike

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Axe
    • View Profile
The second best way to destroy non-serious and non-sensical posts is to dump a whole load of cold scientific facts on it.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12982 on: March 23, 2014, 11:34:17 am »

Cain sees the Angels as devils, because he sees them as monstrous rulers of the Underworld. Polydectes is a denizen of the Underworld, and would prefer the second most powerful and monstrous being wouldn't know his exact location to flush him out and eat his soul. The Angels just refer to her as The Lord because that's what she is to them, while they are her little servants who do her bidding and get to eat delicious souls/charge
Pretty simple, I suppose. Although we could get more convoluted if we mixed in the surprisingly popular theory that demons and devils were originally fallen angels...
I could get more convoluted, and say their relationship to Oric, or their relationship to the Warrens'. Or their relationship to the Angels.
But instead I only did the relationship for the Seraphim.

But note the fact the Angels do Unholy/Dark abilities, meaning Holy(our Astral Influx Shift element) would do double damage.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 11:36:24 am by javierpwn »

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #12983 on: March 23, 2014, 12:46:35 pm »

But note the fact the Angels do Unholy/Dark abilities, meaning Holy(our Astral Influx Shift element) would do double damage.
That's a good point, and we should definitely try it should we piss off another Angel, but it might just be Betweenford who uses dark abilities, and even then, he might not be of the same type. We're not air types because we have the spellbook of breeze, and he might have been using something similar.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12984 on: March 23, 2014, 12:55:22 pm »

Do we even have proof it works like that, or is it still conjecture at this point?

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #12985 on: March 23, 2014, 01:02:00 pm »

It's plenty clear that the floors owners are more entrenched in the system and know more the further down you go. Riltia knew zilch (why I think DL1 is hers) and she only took form upon an action of ours. Proxxy had a whole system going on, but it became apparent she knew less and had less control than she thought. Cain has the whole level around him, and he KNOWS things. I suspect Ecco knows a good bit, purely because he is mysteeerioouuus, and being the Voice.
I'd theorize that Ciro owns either the floor just before Oric or the last floor- Spirit!Ciro was NOT clueless.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12986 on: March 23, 2014, 01:12:13 pm »

That's a good point, and we should definitely try it should we piss off another Angel, but it might just be Betweenford who uses dark abilities, and even then, he might not be of the same type. We're not air types because we have the spellbook of breeze, and he might have been using something similar.
Consider the fact that 'awesome'=Holy damage, Oric took down the SERAPHS one by one, with his 'awesomenous'. Meaning he would have been able to TRULY injure them.

Angels also dwell in the Void, which is dark, they are monstrous(unholy), and BF only used dark/unholy moves on us. He is also not made from Organic materials, because although he was 'greatly' wounded, he never faltered not bled.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12987 on: March 23, 2014, 01:16:24 pm »

ridiculously monstrous mouths.

?

Also, what makes you think that Ciro doesn't own DL6 or DL5?

I do- did I say it wrong?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Cain
« Reply #12988 on: March 23, 2014, 01:21:20 pm »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12989 on: March 23, 2014, 02:00:05 pm »

oh snop you're right

~Music is now Running Hell (Cave Story)~
~All gun-type weapons fire bubbles!~
~Music timer is two~

Ciro, use Guard now!

The GM only said that the next attack would be hard to doge, not guard against. So if we guard, we can avoid potential pain.
+1
How much does guarding reduce damage without modifiers, anyway?
+1
+1 for sensible tactics!
I'm not sure.
I'm going to join this train.
ALL ABOARD THE QUOTE TRAIN
Also +1 this action, yeah.

(Attack: 5+4 Position+4 Feint, 2-2 DR) You GUARD, nulling the Valkyrie's swipe. Just in time, Ripriver finishes his ritual.

(FURIOUS TURBULENCE: 9+2 Position, 6+1-1DR, 5+1-1DR, 3+1-1DR)

The Valkyrie is destroyed! That was a little overkill, but whatever.

Spoiler: Active (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Passive (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 11:40:34 am by freeformschooler »
Pages: 1 ... 864 865 [866] 867 868 ... 1544