Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 754 755 [756] 757 758 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3896846 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Decisions, Decisions
« Reply #11325 on: February 07, 2014, 09:10:10 pm »

To get to DL1, we'd need the DL2 ladder not in our inventory.
I don't follow. Can't we pick up the ladder after we climb up it, or did I forget something important?
Then it becomes a down ladder if we grab it from the top.
Why not just turn the down-ladder upside-down...or downside-up, whatever.
We're carrying around the top half of a ladder and the hole in the floor it came in, and you expect logic to apply?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #11326 on: February 07, 2014, 09:27:00 pm »

A realization has occurred to me. If we were to go through a down ladder's hole from below on the top level, we'd end up in an area like the place that we fought Betweenford in. This isn't because it doesn't work in reverse, or moves us somewhere besides up; this is because there is no surface. All of our "memories" of the surface are simple fabrications. The Warrens function in cycles: As the target dies, the world is reset and another enters. This means that either there's a constant enough stream of people who know where the Warrens are, fit whatever criteria might be necessary for becoming the Target, and aren't deterred by the fact that the way down is a straight drop and nobody's ever come out, the entire world resets every time the Target dies, or that there's no surface to come from. We were just generated by the computers of the Warrens, and dumped into DL1 to become the new Target. All that exists above us is the possibly infinite expanse of the Warrens infrastructure.
If that's the case, then why fight Oric? For gold? The things we can buy with it only contribute to defeating him, and once he's out of the way, we'd have no use for it. Justice? We've never seen nor heard of him or most of his siblings (Cain notwithstanding, and we don't know how true that story is) commit an evil act. Dominion? If so, we'd have very little people to hold dominion over; just the shopkeepers that could probably fry us with a sideways glance, the inhabitants of Underside and any similar areas, and Oric and his siblings, which, once we claim dominion, would likely be dead. So what's left? We have no reason to hunt him. We have no reason to hate him. We have no reason to want him, or his siblings, dead or defeated. We have no evidence that there's even anything beyond them and the dungeon inhabitants.
Therefore, we only have one recourse: Ally with the "villain". Oric's just as much of a pawn as we are, hiding the King and making the opposite player think that it's the main threat. The only questions left are who's playing the sides. King of Haria and Lord of the Angels? !!!! and ???? ?  Someone else entirely? Regardless, we need to side with Oric to find the King. He seems much too prideful to simply take orders knowingly, and as such, likely is as clueless as us. If we bring this knowledge to him, he might side with us. Once we can do that, we'll be able to locate and destroy whoever is pulling the strings. Whoever the King might be, if Oric's the pawn, I've got the feeling that Spira is the Queen, or at least the Knight.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #11327 on: February 07, 2014, 09:33:33 pm »

I'm still lurking here.
Something just came to mind when going over the first few pages, and I was hoping one of you guys could help clear it up for me.
Ciro *supposedly* dropped in from a hole in the roof. Why exactly are we trying to go further into the dungeon rather than escape?
Also I forget where it's explicitly stated, but we have amnesia, right? That's why we can't remember anything from before we woke up in that room?
Thanks in advance.

We're going deeper in the dungeon because we've found no way back up (and we haven't actually found a level ladder since that first one.) Yeah, I don't think amnesia has ever been explicitly stated, but the various inconsistencies in our memories have been lampshaded before (too lazy to provide a link.)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11328 on: February 07, 2014, 09:48:20 pm »

-snip-
And if you don't, you know what we'd do?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11329 on: February 07, 2014, 09:55:31 pm »

In my opinion, 'Ciro' is just a fabricated body made/restored by an LSS to house the soul of the Target.
Although THERE IS(most likely) a surface; Cir's memories are programmed upon revival

Anti-Death ending is best ending anyways; that way we starve out the Warrens'

fractalman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11330 on: February 07, 2014, 09:56:55 pm »

we can also consider our efforts to recruit the shopkeeper...as practice for recruiting Oric.

I would also presume that we are simply not seeing the smaller, everyday items, simply becuase that would make updates occur at a rate of once a year.
That...and FF doesn't want to worry about giving us the supplies to make a real-world chemistry lab. 

As for the hole in f1...
We have a levitation spell, don't we?
Doesn't mean going through the hole is a good idea, but it's worth considering.
This is a masterwork ledger.  It contains 3719356 pages on the topic of the precise number and location of stones in Spindlybrooks.  In the text, the dwarves are hauling.
"And here is where we get the undead unicorns. Stop looking at me that way, you should have seen the zombie deer running around last week!"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11331 on: February 07, 2014, 10:03:45 pm »

Would we even be able to put the hole on the ceiling?
And with our luck, we'd probably crawl up into the floor of the next level down.

But hey, it couldn't hurt to test the idea out now!
Sig

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11332 on: February 08, 2014, 03:47:35 pm »

Cain: STOP SENDING MESSAGES: +Toaster, +GWG, +ShadowStrike, +draco1234, +Eotyrannus, +dawnstar, +Elephant Parade (7)
Levitate everyone East: +anailater, +GWG (2)

You spend eight SP levitating everyone over the trap. There's no way you can do that again without recovering SP.

You float east to the new room together. A hellyfish and one of those plants you saw in the Storage room guard the southern door. A treasure chest lies north above a moat. Additionally, you see a Checkpoint! (Knowledge: 18) The Checkpoint is time-limited and will be unusable after two teleports.

...No response. Goom-bess looks horrified, but she's less than a foot off the ground. What a wuss!

Spoiler: Party (click to show/hide)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11333 on: February 08, 2014, 03:51:03 pm »

KNOCK OVER PILLARS IN ORDER TO CREATE MOAT BRIDGE, ACCESS CHEST

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11334 on: February 08, 2014, 03:51:37 pm »

Have everyone do this while WE grab the loot

ss4mario

• Bay Watcher
  • ( ’-’)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11335 on: February 08, 2014, 03:52:28 pm »

How about have goom-bess take the levitate spell and levitate us across to the chest, after checking for traps of course.
Pillar plan is better. Still check for traps though.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #11336 on: February 08, 2014, 04:55:37 pm »

Okay, so we can only teleport away from here and come back. If we do teleport away, we'd probably spend quite a while in the upper floors to make it worthwhile. If we do that, we're liable to piss off Cain. Even if we don't want to meet him, he'd still probably represent a huge threat to us if we make him angry. Granted, he's chained, but that could change at some point. If it does, we really don't want him to be angry with us. Because of this, a preemptive -1 to all suggestions involving teleporting via the time-limited checkpoint. We'd probably want to hold off leaving DL3 until we find Cain.
+1
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

fractalman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11337 on: February 08, 2014, 05:07:13 pm »

does this mean we're not allowed to tactical diplomacy a shopkeeper, period?
This is a masterwork ledger.  It contains 3719356 pages on the topic of the precise number and location of stones in Spindlybrooks.  In the text, the dwarves are hauling.
"And here is where we get the undead unicorns. Stop looking at me that way, you should have seen the zombie deer running around last week!"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11338 on: February 08, 2014, 05:08:41 pm »

does this mean we're not allowed to tactical diplomacy a shopkeeper, period?
+1
Also, are we still floating?

Okay, so we can only teleport away from here and come back. If we do teleport away, we'd probably spend quite a while in the upper floors to make it worthwhile. If we do that, we're liable to piss off Cain. Even if we don't want to meet him, he'd still probably represent a huge threat to us if we make him angry. Granted, he's chained, but that could change at some point. If it does, we really don't want him to be angry with us. Because of this, a preemptive -1 to all suggestions involving teleporting via the time-limited checkpoint. We'd probably want to hold off leaving DL3 until we find Cain.
+1
+1
Sig

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #11339 on: February 08, 2014, 05:17:52 pm »

I'd like to note that there is actually a trap on the chest, most of the platform is actually a trap. Except for one small sliver, for some reason. Following the assumption that any lines not a part of the floor design and that isn't an edge is most likely a trap, that is.
Pages: 1 ... 754 755 [756] 757 758 ... 1544