Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 755 756 [757] 758 759 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3896820 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Decisions, Decisions
« Reply #11340 on: February 08, 2014, 05:50:58 pm »

That line is an attempt to create the illusion of depth.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #11341 on: February 08, 2014, 06:35:33 pm »

Hm, yeah I see it now that you say it. Never hurts to assume its trapped and act accordingly though.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11342 on: February 08, 2014, 07:27:21 pm »

So, loot the chest before we stop floating?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #11343 on: February 08, 2014, 07:34:42 pm »

Assuming it's weight activated, then putting a pillar over it would probably set the trap off prematurely, but +1 to trying to loot the chest before we stop floating, but be careful not to fall into the water.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11344 on: February 08, 2014, 07:35:26 pm »

Assuming it's weight activated, then putting a pillar over it would probably set the trap off prematurely, but +1 to trying to loot the chest before we stop floating, but be careful not to fall into the water.
I don't think falling in the water would be too much of a problem.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11345 on: February 08, 2014, 08:22:56 pm »

It probably wouldn't, but this is FFS. A hibernating squirrel 200 miles away could prove dangerous.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11346 on: February 08, 2014, 08:30:04 pm »

It probably wouldn't, but this is FFS. A hibernating squirrel 200 miles away could prove dangerous.

There'll be a shark, foreshadowed by nothing, simply because the water is in the shape of a moat.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #11347 on: February 08, 2014, 09:03:36 pm »

+1

Also holy shit you guys, a Checkpoint! We can go back to Underside! WE CAN GET SLOG'S CORPSE!

fractalman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11348 on: February 08, 2014, 09:15:34 pm »

-1 to trying to abuse a graphical glitch to get over the water.
This is a masterwork ledger.  It contains 3719356 pages on the topic of the precise number and location of stones in Spindlybrooks.  In the text, the dwarves are hauling.
"And here is where we get the undead unicorns. Stop looking at me that way, you should have seen the zombie deer running around last week!"

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11349 on: February 08, 2014, 09:18:00 pm »

There'll be a shark, foreshadowed by nothing, simply because the water is in the shape of a moat.
moats have gators not sharks...
silly gm

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11350 on: February 08, 2014, 09:18:40 pm »

-1 to trying to abuse a graphical glitch to get over the water.
Erm...Graphical glitch? What graphical glitch?

fractalman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11351 on: February 09, 2014, 02:32:05 am »

Graphical oversight, graphical glitch...whatever you want to call it, we're not likely to remain hovering for much longer, and if we do try that particular stunt...dwarven title or no, FF is likely to let us get OVER the moat...just as the hovering ends.

We've been given a suspiciously specific warning about that moat.
This is a masterwork ledger.  It contains 3719356 pages on the topic of the precise number and location of stones in Spindlybrooks.  In the text, the dwarves are hauling.
"And here is where we get the undead unicorns. Stop looking at me that way, you should have seen the zombie deer running around last week!"

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11352 on: February 09, 2014, 02:47:44 am »

Graphical oversight, graphical glitch...whatever you want to call it, we're not likely to remain hovering for much longer, and if we do try that particular stunt...dwarven title or no, FF is likely to let us get OVER the moat...just as the hovering ends.

We've been given a suspiciously specific warning about that moat.
I think that "warning" may have actually been a Paper Mario reference. However, it would seem odd to guard a chest with an empty moat. Though I suspect that the chest may have a Spirit Trap, I agree that we should be wary of the moat.

As for it being a graphical glitch, the text actually acknowledged the levitation. So no, it's not an error. Whether it will run out at an inopportune time remains to be seen, though.

ShadowStrike

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Axe
    • View Profile
« Reply #11353 on: February 09, 2014, 05:24:48 am »

-snip-
+1 to the "Ally with the "villain"" part, since it's the only action which is in the post.
As for the rest of the post, I fully agree.

Also, we wouldn't necessarily recreate the prison. Maybe we can find the real owner of the warrens and break the cycle by defeating him.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 05:29:37 am by ShadowStrike »
The second best way to destroy non-serious and non-sensical posts is to dump a whole load of cold scientific facts on it.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11354 on: February 09, 2014, 06:18:28 am »

does this mean we're not allowed to tactical diplomacy a shopkeeper, period?

no it means that ~the public~ doesn't want to diplomance a shopkeeper

let's try that when we're in underside when people are too busy stopping us from sacrificing riltia for a very good reason to bother with trivialities such as using up our soul charge on calibrating shipping grids with capitalists or becoming a real estate king
Pages: 1 ... 755 756 [757] 758 759 ... 1544