Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 679 680 [681] 682 683 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3893704 times)

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: The Show Must Go On
« Reply #10200 on: November 22, 2013, 10:34:42 pm »

Bottle some 'pure' Water, splash it onto the Laz0r Dragon, watch as it slowly starts to have it's particles unbonded.

Edit: CHeck the water menus too
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 10:37:08 pm by javierpwn »

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #10201 on: November 22, 2013, 10:52:17 pm »

No, seriously, if we wait long enough, the dragon room might get flushed and go away, and whatever room takes its place will be safe to go through.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #10202 on: November 22, 2013, 10:55:41 pm »

Bottle some 'pure' Water, splash it onto the Laz0r Dragon, watch as it slowly starts to have it's particles unbonded.

Actually.

ACTUALLY.

I don't think the water would vaporize the dragon, but if we could sever its connection to the Spirit Trap the same way the water severed our Party affiliations, we might be able to negotiate with it, or it might just instantly ascend to a higher plane or whatever. Or it might just be free to chase us through the whole dungeon, dunno. But when we get around to confronting the dragon, this is totally the tactic we should open with.

No, seriously, if we wait long enough, the dragon room might get flushed and go away, and whatever room takes its place will be safe to go through.

Yeah, but waiting around for that to happen would probably take a while and be boring (or would force a random encounter worse than the dragon.) But mostly, be boring.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10203 on: November 22, 2013, 10:55:42 pm »

That's why we flush him manually, with liberal application of water

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #10204 on: November 22, 2013, 11:07:42 pm »

...That's a pretty sane idea. Makes sense.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10205 on: November 22, 2013, 11:21:13 pm »

Um.
If that would have worked, we would have died when we were immersed in the water.

Where do we get the water?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10206 on: November 22, 2013, 11:22:01 pm »

Next idea. This isn't shenanigan enough to work.

+1
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10207 on: November 23, 2013, 02:55:56 am »

Um.
If that would have worked, we would have died when we were immersed in the water.
We're not a spirit. The water severs spirit connections, so it'll probably have a bigger effect on the dragon than it had on us.

reality.auditor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10208 on: November 23, 2013, 07:13:16 am »

How you guys know that local water have such strange properties? ...oh right. Just because rest of party once wandered somewhere else when Ciro was underwater*. ::) -1 to propositions involving making Stone Dragon wet. We can bottle this water, though. It will be nice reagent.

If words of GM are any indication, we will wait to heat death of universe. In fact, I suspect flush of given dungeon happens only when we are NOT inside it. -1.

Our Blood stat is +0. Rolling a 20 + 0 - 10 is a fail. 0% chance of Bloodshapery of any kind, assuming the Drop still counts as part of the floor, and I'm guessing that at least the top of it is.
I think chances of pulling off bloodshaping can be better than rolling natural 20. We must simply bloodshape something sensible, not, say, ghostbuster equipment. ::) For example, I think bloodshaping wings, while hard, will be still significantly easier than jetpack. Note that wings/jetpack will not be particularly useful for purpose of dragging rest of party up back to DL3. Ciro is not that strong.

The point is to figure out if it is.
I think during Drop we will not have time to leisurely bloodshape just because. There will be minigame involving "grazing" for "points", remember? Whatever that means.

* My private theory about it says it involves fact that Sibling (Proxxy) was in rest of party, thus assuming direct control over it during time of Ciro's absence.
Are weapons like the least lethal thing in DF?

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #10209 on: November 23, 2013, 07:16:41 am »

+ 1
Sane shenanigans? Who could say no.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10210 on: November 23, 2013, 07:44:51 am »

+ 1
Sane shenanigans? Who could say no.
+1
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10211 on: November 23, 2013, 08:19:13 am »

Is it (not) just me, or does no one remember that we are on a magic-impeded level, which means that we can't bloodshape stuff?!?

So sue me, I can't remember if we tried and failed before. Admittedly, Bloodshaping does have a roll to be affected, unlike healing and levitation spells.

General comment: why half of players treat Bloodshape like miracle-maker? Sigh.

Actually, I agree with you on that, but in this case I figured it was applicable. From experience, Bloodshape makes weapons and armor/cloth. We've made a laser scalpel, rifle, shotgun, and headband with it off the top of my head. And IIRC, we've failed with ladders and one or two other items. A Proton Pack should count as a weapon, so I thought it was worth a shot. (The parachute thing earlier was more a joke, I just meant we might not want to blindly plummet down a pit assuming we couldn't go splat.)

Going by that, we'll be lucky if we can make wings - depends on if they count as an equippable item or not, I suspect.
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10212 on: November 23, 2013, 08:59:00 am »

Um.
We're not a spirit. The water severs spirit connections, so it'll probably have a bigger effect on the dragon than it had on us.
He was suggesting using the water to remove the molecular bonds of the Lazor Dragon, not anything like that. Proof bolded in above quote.

The point is to figure out if it is.
I think during Drop we will not have time to leisurely bloodshape just because. There will be minigame involving "grazing" for "points", remember? Whatever that means.

* My private theory about it says it involves fact that Sibling (Proxxy) was in rest of party, thus assuming direct control over it during time of Ciro's absence.
The idea was to try bloodshaping before the drop to see if the top counts as part of the level or not. It's off the map, after all.

I'm sick of being strawmanned. Please try to avoid it in the future.

Is it (not) just me, or does no one remember that we are on a magic-impeded level, which means that we can't bloodshape stuff?!?
So sue me, I can't remember if we tried and failed before. Admittedly, Bloodshaping does have a roll to be affected, unlike healing and levitation spells.
We have.

Going by that, we'll be lucky if we can make wings - depends on if they count as an equippable item or not, I suspect.
If all else fails, we can try making a suit of winged armor. Or maybe powered armor. Who wants to be Hemoglobin Woman?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10213 on: November 23, 2013, 09:35:12 am »

Well, it's been proven that it doesn't do molecular bonds(just a jest); but Spirit bonds would be nice to test

reality.auditor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10214 on: November 23, 2013, 01:08:47 pm »

Not strawman, just did not understanded what you meant by that.
The idea was to try bloodshaping before the drop to see if the top counts as part of the level or not. It's off the map, after all.
-1. I assume this room with Circuitrix and Drop Pit IS part of DL3 (despite being off the map), and therefore affected by anti-magic field. I do not want to lose health more than we had already. Not worth risk.

A Proton Pack should count as a weapon, so I thought it was worth a shot.
I am against it (in general, it is unrelated to fact we are on anti-magic field) on ground that ghostbuster weapon - complicated thing from completely different reality, lore and tale, out-of-place here and with very specific use against entities that you can meet only in said tale - will be either incredibly hard to make (natural 20) or more likely outright impossible.
I do think we can bloodshape something that is not weapon or headband. Diffculty is from nature of thing you want to create (the more powerful or over-of-the-top, the harder), not some "class" or "type" of thing.

Well, it's been proven that it doesn't do molecular bonds(just a jest); but Spirit bonds would be nice to test
This whole "special water with metaphorical separation properties" idea is baseless supersition in first place. I cannot fathom how or why so many players embraced it.
Are weapons like the least lethal thing in DF?
Pages: 1 ... 679 680 [681] 682 683 ... 1544