Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 678 679 [680] 681 682 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3894168 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: The Show Must Go On
« Reply #10185 on: November 22, 2013, 12:59:44 pm »

I wouldn't suggest that, that does more long term harm than good.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #10186 on: November 22, 2013, 01:13:46 pm »

....I really want to see a Twoota Bullet Hell game now.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #10187 on: November 22, 2013, 01:23:44 pm »

PREPARE TWO ADDITIONAL CONSECUTIVE FIVE IRONS
How I initially read this suggestion.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10188 on: November 22, 2013, 01:25:31 pm »

Ask Circuitrix to kick us into the pit while yelling "THESE ARE THE WARRENS" or something to that effect.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10189 on: November 22, 2013, 05:53:52 pm »

I probably shouldn't have taken this as a personal challenge, but... :P

tactically persuade Hellyfish
a) capture and tame a Hellyfish
How exactly you want to persuade/tame hellyfish? What incentive you can offer to something that could even not be intelligent enough to talk?

Well, Hellyfish are Illborn. The game has an Illborn exchange, which seems like a vaguely Pokemon-esque monster-holding system. It stands to reason that we should be able to acquire most of the Illborn in the game in one fashion or another. If talking won't work then we can try something else, like throwing food at it, or trying to synth up a Charm skill.

b) lure Lazor Dragon into the Cathedral of Shadows
Stone Dragon sits in that one room - spirit triggered by trap. He do not want to go out, otherwise he would pursue party already. I do not see how you could lure him out. "Somehow" does not cut it.

You yourself pointed out that the GM encourages the players to cheat/shenanigan their way to victory. If we can't figure out a way around a little rule like "Monster is bound to one room" then clearly we aren't cheating hard enough!

The dragon is a spirit? Bloodshape a Proton Pack and Trap. It's time to bust some ghosts!
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10190 on: November 22, 2013, 08:18:24 pm »

The dragon is a spirit? Bloodshape a Proton Pack and Trap. It's time to bust some ghosts!
Is it (not) just me, or does no one remember that we are on a magic-impeded level, which means that we can't bloodshape stuff?!?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10191 on: November 22, 2013, 08:34:42 pm »

Is it (not) just me, or does no one remember that we are on a magic-impeded level, which means that we can't bloodshape stuff?!?

Don't we have a +4 to Blood? Or do we have a +0 to Blood? Either way, we can; it's just difficult.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10192 on: November 22, 2013, 09:03:32 pm »

We have a big penalty on top of our little bonus, which makes it not really worth it.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10193 on: November 22, 2013, 09:05:55 pm »

We have a big penalty on top of our little bonus, which makes it not really worth it.

We need to try bloodshaping something in the Drop before we go anywhere.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10194 on: November 22, 2013, 09:13:14 pm »

If you can come up with something really useful, I guess it couldn't hurt...maybe we could try bloodshaping wings?
Sig

reality.auditor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10195 on: November 22, 2013, 09:22:39 pm »

How exactly you want to persuade/tame hellyfish? What incentive you can offer to something that could even not be intelligent enough to talk?
Well, Hellyfish are Illborn. The game has an Illborn exchange, which seems like a vaguely Pokemon-esque monster-holding system. It stands to reason that we should be able to acquire most of the Illborn in the game in one fashion or another. If talking won't work then we can try something else, like throwing food at it, or trying to synth up a Charm skill.
Do we even still have Illborn Exchange?... anyway we still are not sure how exactly to use Illborn Exchange and what is gained from it. I somehow do not think that wild Illborn would allow itself to be stuffed into it just like that. Conclusion: too vague and unrealiable plan.

You yourself pointed out that the GM encourages the players to cheat/shenanigan their way to victory. If we can't figure out a way around a little rule like "Monster is bound to one room" then clearly we aren't cheating hard enough!
Good luck with it. I am all for cheating, but it must be possible to do at all (so, for example, nothing requiring magic on this level). I unfortunately do not see any way to win against Stone Dragon at this moment - it is overpowered SOB. >:( It appears we explored all accessible rooms on this level too (unless I overlooked something).

Other possibilities to consider before Drop:
  • Changing narrative to Riltia or Proxxy, if possible at all. Kinda drastic action, obviously.
  • Warping in this room after charging it up. Of course, FFS warning indicates it is barely better than changing narrative.
  • Try to solve puzze with blocks in dark room.
  • Again reminder about Spirit Format, that thing that required Spirit Duel to activate. I am actuallly astonished no one checked it just after battle with Yaos.

Oh, and actual suggestion: That hat in Ciro's possesion? Give it to Cherish. She should wear it. Our healer will need all SP and MSP she can get on DL4. Hard Hat goes back to Goom-bess that in turn hands empty bottle to Al. Yay, moar inventory management...

Uhhh... anti-magic field, remember? -1.
General comment: why half of players treat Bloodshape like miracle-maker? Sigh.

If you can come up with something really useful, I guess it couldn't hurt...maybe we could try bloodshaping wings?
At least wings sounds more plausible than ghostbuster equipment and are not out of place in this story, as winged beings/spells/whatever are standard fantasy trope. Anyway I would wait with bloodshaping anything until we get description of what happens after we all jump like bunch of lemmings. ;)
Are weapons like the least lethal thing in DF?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10196 on: November 22, 2013, 09:25:40 pm »

+1, except let's bloodshape a jetpack instead.

Also, since we're not Dropping at the moment, we should reabsorb it. Scuba gear might actually be more useful, now that I think about it.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #10197 on: November 22, 2013, 09:40:32 pm »

Our Blood stat is +0. Rolling a 20 + 0 - 10 is a fail. 0% chance of Bloodshapery of any kind, assuming the Drop still counts as part of the floor, and I'm guessing that at least the top of it is.

Also, that block puzzle in the room before the Dark Cathedral wasn't actually a puzzle, I think, just a red herring.

Also also, I'm still voting for the Warp, but if we wanted to move the Spirit dragon for some reason then obviously we should be moving the Spirit trap it is associated with. How exactly we do that without Dumb Fighter Strength or being lazored to death is the bigger problem there.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #10198 on: November 22, 2013, 09:42:40 pm »

Ooh, we could Wait around until part of the floor gets flushed and randomized, and bypass the dragon room... even better if it's the dragon room flushed.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: The Show Must Go On'
« Reply #10199 on: November 22, 2013, 10:22:42 pm »

Our Blood stat is +0. Rolling a 20 + 0 - 10 is a fail. 0% chance of Bloodshapery of any kind, assuming the Drop still counts as part of the floor, and I'm guessing that at least the top of it is.
The point is to figure out if it is.
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 678 679 [680] 681 682 ... 1544