Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 66

Author Topic: American Politics Omnibus Megathread of DOOM  (Read 69722 times)

Aerie

• Bay Watcher
  • Mae fy hofrenfad yn llawn llyswennod.
    • View Profile
Re: American Politics Omnibus Megathread of DOOM
« Reply #915 on: February 07, 2013, 01:27:18 am »

Incidentally, it should be pointed out that if you have time to draw a gun, you have time to run (barring extraordinary circumstances - I apologize if you are a paraplegic, Aerie). In the time it will take your attacker to draw their weapon and train it on you, you can be far enough away that they will almost certainly not be able to hit you, assuming there are no convenient corners to duck behind. If they already have a weapon ready to use on you, you're already done, and trying to draw your own will result in your immediate injury or death (possibly followed immediately by robbery or rape).

So, basically, you're saying that every person who attacks me is going to be able to use a weapon better than I can and thus there's no point in trying to defend myself.
Play my forum game, The Darkness Below!

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: February 07, 2013, 01:28:17 am »

So, what would you do? Shoot them immediately?

If they present a threat to my life or health or the life or health of another human being, the first thing to do would be to command them to stop and state your intent to shoot if they do not comply.
And in that time they've gutted you and you are dead. Problem solved.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Aerie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: February 07, 2013, 01:29:46 am »

And in that time they've gutted you and you are dead. Problem solved.

Obviously if the threat of death is imminent (i.e. they are charging at you with a knife or aiming a gun at you) then you shoot.

To imply that you should politely ask someone to stop when they're in mid-attack is ignorant and absurd.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: February 07, 2013, 01:30:20 am »

Can you cite any evidence that supports this claim?

I already gave you a link.  You ignored it an kept posting.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: February 07, 2013, 01:30:30 am »

Incidentally, it should be pointed out that if you have time to draw a gun, you have time to run (barring extraordinary circumstances - I apologize if you are a paraplegic, Aerie). In the time it will take your attacker to draw their weapon and train it on you, you can be far enough away that they will almost certainly not be able to hit you, assuming there are no convenient corners to duck behind. If they already have a weapon ready to use on you, you're already done, and trying to draw your own will result in your immediate injury or death (possibly followed immediately by robbery or rape).

So, basically, you're saying that every person who attacks me is going to be able to use a weapon better than I can and thus there's no point in trying to defend myself.
See? That's -exactly- what I'm talking about. That's not what he said, and not what he meant. And you KNOW that's not what he meant!

For the record? When a guy ALREADY HAS HIS GUN OUT and aimed at you, unless you're fucking Dirty Harry and have the quickest draw in the west, you are NOT GOING TO GET YOUR GUN OUT before he sees what you're trying to do, and fires!

Jesus Fucking Christ.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 01:32:51 am by Descan »
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: February 07, 2013, 01:31:09 am »

Everyone, please stop feeding the at-least-rabid-derailer-at-worst-troll. The Republican Party gaining some sanity is both interesting and worthy of discussion, which does not apply to empty rhetoric exchanged with someone looking for nothing more than a fight!

Aerie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: February 07, 2013, 01:32:24 am »

For the record? When a guy ALREADY HAS HIS GUN OUT and aimed at you, unless you're fucking Dirty Harry and have the quickest draw in the west, you are NOT GOING TO GET YOUR GUN OUT before he notices, and fires!

So what would you recommend I do if someone is aiming a gun at me?

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: February 07, 2013, 01:32:30 am »

-forum glitch double post like woah-

Aerie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: February 07, 2013, 01:33:14 am »

I already gave you a link.  You ignored it an kept posting.

The link you posted does not support your claim that a gun "won't protect you" in the event of a violent attack. If you can prove otherwise, please do.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: February 07, 2013, 01:33:41 am »

See? That's -exactly- what I'm talking about. That's not what he said, and not what he meant. And you KNOW that's not what he meant!

For the record? When a guy ALREADY HAS HIS GUN OUT and aimed at you, unless you're fucking Dirty Harry and have the quickest draw in the west, you are NOT GOING TO GET YOUR GUN OUT before he sees what you're trying to do, and fires!

Jesus Fucking Christ.
Or, if they have a knife and are within 15 feet of you. It's just not feasible.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: February 07, 2013, 01:34:29 am »

For the record? When a guy ALREADY HAS HIS GUN OUT and aimed at you, unless you're fucking Dirty Harry and have the quickest draw in the west, you are NOT GOING TO GET YOUR GUN OUT before he notices, and fires!

Comply. Give them whatever they want and keep your life. The only other option is dying.

Aerie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: February 07, 2013, 01:35:55 am »

Comply. Give them whatever they want and keep your life. The only other option is dying.

You're suggesting that I allow myself to be a victim?

Everyone, please stop feeding the at-least-rabid-derailer-at-worst-troll. The Republican Party gaining some sanity is both interesting and worthy of discussion, which does not apply to empty rhetoric exchanged with someone looking for nothing more than a fight!

Please do not assume that I am trolling simply because I am posting opinions that people disagree with. I am presenting my arguments in a logical, controlled manner, and asking for input by others on several occasions.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: February 07, 2013, 01:36:35 am »

Yes. The mere fact that you are being threatened makes you a victim.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: February 07, 2013, 01:37:42 am »

Cry? Try and negotiate? Pray to Buddha?

You're kinda fucked in that situation, even with a gun. Best to hope they're at least somewhat reasonable. Which, if they have a gun pointed at you... not likely.

Anyway, on the actual topic: I'm not sure what I think about the Republicans trying to sane-it-up. On the one hand, if they go sane, it'll be a harder fight for liberals and progressives to get in power. On the other, they have a good enough base that if they don't go sane, some of the really bad ones might get through and shit on everything ever.

Quote from: Aerie
*victim*
Like I said at the top, it's either hope-they're-sane-and-try-and-negotiate, or die. You are not an action hero, you are not going to get out of having a gun pointed at you EVEN IF YOU ARE CARRYING AT THAT EXACT MOMENT without some sacrifice, barring some miracle.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: February 07, 2013, 01:37:56 am »

Jesus Fucking Christ.
Descan, you ignored my response to your question. Obviously you hate rational discussion and deserve to be angry and frustrated.

Oh yeah and this: http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2013/02/ppp-trust-in-fox-news-hits-record-low-156277.html?hp=r4 Interestingly, only PBS maintains a majority of people trusting it.

Please do not assume that I am trolling simply because I am posting opinions that people disagree with. I am presenting my arguments in a logical, controlled manner, and asking for input by others on several occasions.
WRONG SIR! Gun control is ideology, which is, shockingly, not inherent to the specifics of politics. Politics refering to the field of the electors, and the elected, ideology i sonly relevant as it allows them to gain or lose power. SO YOU ARE WRONG AND DERAILING! AND YOU WILL BE SHOT ALONG WITH DESCAN FOR CRIMES AGAINST THE STATE.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 66