Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13

Author Topic: You are a Gladiator: Now with RPG mechanics!  (Read 19188 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Gladiator, Turn Six: Excuses Excuses Excuses
« Reply #120 on: January 21, 2013, 08:02:45 am »

>try previous action again
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 21, 2013, 01:17:01 pm »

Lack of action. Lack of gain.

And here I feel hate for this man. But why? This is supposed to be a training match!

Yet my wounds slowly degrade my morale. Is he aiming to teach the harshness of battle?

I never want to fight again.

Shield clip and knee to the thigh - failing that, use my elbow upon close quarters.

InZane

• Bay Watcher
  • [PIMP_CANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 22, 2013, 01:39:25 pm »

Name:Atheos
Proffesion:Assassin
>Grab a Sword and a dagger
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 02:05:19 pm by InZane »
I PTW anything that seems interesting

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 22, 2013, 04:16:13 pm »

Name: Daki Sha'ba
Profession: Butcher
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 30, 2013, 10:23:01 pm »

>.>

Speed rolls, kids!
Rhame vs. Steveus: (6vs6) Rhame is first because Steveus was first last time. One attack. 
Kaiso vs. Adnalsnah: (6+2vs5-1) As every other turn, Kaiso goes first and recieves two attacks.
Kora vs. Doctore: (2vs6) Doctore is first, and recieves two attacks.

Before he can recover, bash him with the hammer! Powerfully!
attempt to catch rhames hammer with my axe and pull it straight to the floor then roundhouse kick him in the throat

(4+2vs6+1 Rhame vs. Steveus)
(5+1vs5+0* Steveus vs. Rhame)
(5vs3 Cunning)

Rhame flicked his wrist, twirling his hammer around in his grip, and swung it powerfully with both hands at Steveus. Steveus caught the hammer under it's head with his axe, and pulled down, hooking the bottem edge of the axeblade over the hammer shaft. The hammer twisted strangely as Steveus pulled it down to one side, his body twisting and his back foot lifting off the ground. Rhame followed his hammer, bending forward trying to keep his grip on his weapon. Steveus' kick landed squarely on the side of Rhame's throat, thankfully not crushing the windpipe, but seriously impairing Rhame's ability to breathe nonetheless. Steveus followed through, but Rhame kept his balance and let the foot slide up and over his head...

(Rhame takes 15 damage and will take an additional +5 damage for the next two turns regardless of attack rolls.)

"Come on, can't you do any better? I'm getting in two strikes for every one you try."

Swing a dagger at his knee as a diversion, and punch him right between the eyes while he's distracted.

>try previous action again

(1vs1, 2vs2* Kaiso vs. Adnalsnah)
(2vs1 Cunning)
(5vs6* Adnalsnah vs. Kaiso)
(5vs6 Cunning)

Adnalsnah dove forward again, but Kaiso was ready this time. Kaiso sidestepped the attack completely, and Adnalsnah rolled forward, back onto his feet. Adnalsnah turned, to defend himself, and Kaiso swept a dagger at his knee. Adnalsnah blocked the blow swiftly with a twisting parry, and Kaiso's sucker punch merely grazed his chin instead of knocking him unconscious as it was intended to. The two swung at each other again, their training weapons making hollow clacks and thunks against one another...
(Adnalsnah takes 5 damage)

Quote from: Doctore The Magnificent
Be magnificent! Strike this wench down with a flurry of blows!

Lack of action. Lack of gain.

And here I feel hate for this man. But why? This is supposed to be a training match!

Yet my wounds slowly degrade my morale. Is he aiming to teach the harshness of battle?

I never want to fight again.

Shield clip and knee to the thigh - failing that, use my elbow upon close quarters.

(4+1vs4+1, 2+1vs1+1 Doctore vs. Kora)
(6vs5* Kora vs. Doctore)
(5vs5 Cunning)

Doctore rounded on Kora with a wide, head height slash, his shield kept close to his body. Kora ducked the sword slash deftly, but Doctore stepped a half step forward and whipped his hand out, catching her in the side of the face with his shield. Instead of being dazed, Kora was coldly angry, and she sprang up into Doctore's guard instead of falling back as he expected. She brought the edge of her shield up into his right kneecap with a sharp smack, and rose up into a knee strike on his other thigh. As he blundered back another step, she launched into a spinning elbow strike to the side of his face, twisting him about...
(Kora takes 10 damage. Doctore takes 15 damage)

Doctore is near defeat.

Ah, I'll go talk to the guard about getting some wine.

Velligus the Gaul shook off his anger at the defeat in training, and strode up to one of the gate guards. As he approached, they shifted, putting their hands on their swords. Real swords, not wooden training swords. Velligus nodded slowly, and spread his open hands out to show he meant no harm. He asked, "I was wondering if I could have some wine."
The first guard looked at the second incredulously, and turned back to Velligus, "What do you think this is? A joke? A game?" He stepped forward, and roughly pushed the Gaul back a step, "You want some wine, go ask the cook. We're not here to serve you, we're here to kill you if you misbehave."
(Roman soldiers do not much like Gauls, as a side note. Probably a side effect of those wars and subjugations...)

Introduce myself to my fellow gladiators.

Ceruleaus strode up to the little knot of conversing gladiators, most bearing new cuts and bruises from the rough sparring session of the day. He bowed gently at the waist and said, in Latin, "I am Ceruleaus, born of Herculaneum. It appears we are all in this together, therefore I greet you."
One gladiator nodded silently at Ceruleaus, his slitted eyes flicked across him, measuring him silently. Two of the four appeared to be brothers or close cousins. They were cut from the same stone, both short and stocky, dark haired and swarthy skinned. They ignored Ceruleaus, continuing their conversation in their guttural, staccato language. The last gladiator was a tall, lithe man with blond hair. He spoke to Ceruleaus in a thick Germanic accent, but in Latin nonetheless, "I am called Decimus by the Romans. I was once from a tribe far north of here, but that is the past now. Are you a Roman? You speak Latin like a Roman would. A criminal perhaps?"

Spoiler: Players (click to show/hide)

Your choice of race will become a factor as the Roleplay side of things comes into play more. Romans will not interact well with non-Romans for the most part. Gauls, Germans, Britons, and other European tribesmen will interact... Fairly well for the most part. Asians will be viewed with suspicion but not usually outright hostility. Egyptians and people from Northern Africa/the Middle East will be treated fairly well by most other races for the most part, barring a few special cases. It all depends on historical interactions, as best as I can judge. If anyone has some special information on how their race might interact with another back then, please go ahead and inform me. Kindly remember that slavery back then was equal opportunity, but so was virulent racism.
Your choice of profession will come into play also with the RPing, for example, if someone is wounded, Kora will be able to do better on the Special Circumstances roll to save their life, whereas Rhame will do better in SC rolls where hard labor is involved, or knowledge of construction techniques. Adnalsnah will have extensive knowledge about criminal activities and such things, which may lead to him getting some bonuses to cunning rolls in combat. The two woodsman both will get bonuses to any rolls involving surviving in the wilderness, which will be highly important if you escape. The butcher will be highly useful for hunting and other such activities, or for hiding human bodies if that becomes an issue. But for now, let's get back on scheduale.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Gladiator, Turn Seven: I couldn't think of a good turn title!
« Reply #125 on: January 30, 2013, 10:52:24 pm »

((...))
Take a dump on the guards boots!
((I figure I can afford a few more injuries!))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 30, 2013, 10:57:02 pm »

Surrender.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 30, 2013, 11:06:29 pm »

trip rhame and press axe to throat, accept his yield

I dont actually want to roll this action, its just a placeholder to let you know ive seen the turn and a hint as to what id like the flavour text to be :)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 11:30:51 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 30, 2013, 11:11:14 pm »

((...))

Are you really, REALLY sure you want to shit on the boots of the man with a sword that just threatened to kill you? Because that is a really, really bad idea.

Also, InZane, Xantalos, you have been waitlisted.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 30, 2013, 11:40:20 pm »

((...))

Are you really, REALLY sure you want to shit on the boots of the man with a sword that just threatened to kill you? Because that is a really, really bad idea.

Huzzah! Now who am I again?
*looks*
Oh right, butcher man! Honestly, I have so many different personas that I'm like Roger from that American Dad show.
Sig! Onol

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 31, 2013, 12:01:11 am »

((...))

*looks*
Oh right, butcher man! Honestly, I have so many different personas that I'm like Roger from that American Dad show.

And now, Xantalos, that is how I will always envision you.

Alright Hans. I'll just retreat to a safe distance and insult his parentage.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 31, 2013, 12:11:03 am »

((...))

*looks*

And now, Xantalos, that is how I will always envision you.
As an eldritch abomination stuck in an inescapable prison for so long that it's developed a host of personalities?
Sig! Onol

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 31, 2013, 12:33:20 am »

"Ugggh, I'm too fast to have a fight go by this slowly! No more fair play. Even these leaden weapons can do a nice number on your windpipe, so you'd better hope that the Doctore over there is a real doctor, or you might not make it to your first real fight."

Aim to smash Adnalsnah's windpipe with my daggers.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 31, 2013, 12:39:38 am »

(Doctore doesn't mean Doctor. That would be medicus. Doctore means teacher. :P )
He's fucking with us.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 31, 2013, 12:50:15 am »

Cant be vey good at that either if hes risking defeat at koras hands :P
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13