Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13

Author Topic: You are a Gladiator: Now with RPG mechanics!  (Read 19212 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Gladiator, Turn One: New Beginnings
« Reply #75 on: January 15, 2013, 04:41:11 pm »

Drop my shield-arm to the side, duck, and swing at his legs!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 15, 2013, 05:38:44 pm »

"You're too slow with all of that gear on. And now you're even slower. And once I'm done with this..."

Attack as many times as possible with my daggers, and dodge whatever attacks he launches.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 15, 2013, 05:57:35 pm »

I'll give Tiruin until 7:30 PM my time to post his turn. It is currently 4:55 PM my time. So, two and a half hours from now, we'll have an update out. In the future, I will not automate you guys as much, I'll try to do only one a day to give everyone time. But for now, I am impatient and having fun. :P
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Gladiator, Turn Three: The Mystery of Turn Two
« Reply #78 on: January 15, 2013, 09:24:37 pm »

It is time. I hope everyone fares well. I'd hate to see someone beaten senseless. Aw, who am I kidding? I'd LOVE to see any one of you get beaten senseless. :D

Rhame versus Steveus: (1vs2) Geez. Steveus is first. 
Kaiso versus Adnalsnah: (9vs5) Kaiso is first, and receives two attacks.
Velligus versus Ceruleaus: (4vs4) Ceruleaus is first, because successful Cunning roll last turn. One attack.
Kora versus Doctore: (1vs2) Well. Doctore leads.

hook rhames shield with my axe and pull it free of his grasp then strike him in the face with my shield and bash him in the side of the head with my axe.
Drop my shield-arm to the side, duck, and swing at his legs!

(6vs7*)
(5vs4 Cunning)
(5vs2*)
(2vs4 Cunning)

Steveus sprang forward, hooking his axe over the top of Rhame's shield, and yanking it out of the way. Rhame twisted and deflected Steveus' shield bash just barely with his axe. Rhame twisted the same direction Steveus had pulled his shield, and kept twisting, eventually whipping his leg around at ankle height, catching Steveus in the ankle. Steveus kept his footing, but wasn't prepared for Rhame's rising headbutt that caught him in the chin. Steveus' teeth snapped together with a click, and he swayed back a step, opening up room between them...
(Okay. Rhame defended successfully, but Steveus passed his cunning roll. Rhame will have a total -1 defense total for next turn, meaning he took -2 total to defense. Any attacks aimed at Rhame's shield arm will be made at a +1, additionally.)

"You're too slow with all of that gear on. And now you're even slower. And once I'm done with this..."

Attack as many times as possible with my daggers, and dodge whatever attacks he launches.

>Dodge all attacks
>Get out of range
>Throw axe

(repeat until out of axes, when out of axes, if any are nearby grab them, continue throwing.  If pressed, defend with sword and strike back)

(3vs6, 6vs6)
(8vs3*)
(4vs2 Cunning)

Kaiso stepped in, daggers flashing again, but Adnalsnah had gained the measure of him, and defended much better without his unwieldy spear. Adnalsnah swept the first stab out wide, to one side, and took a glancing hit from the second slash, in order to push Kaiso back a step. Adnalsnah also took a step back, and threw his axe, end over end. It bounced off Kaiso's face, opening a gash across his eyebrow, and the blood began to flow into Kaiso's eye...
(Kaiso did 10 damage with the bonus from last round, but Adnalsnah did 10 as well. Kaiso receives a -1 to defense and takes +5 damage from any successful attack.)

Quickly drop the hammer on his face, while he's still on the ground!

Disarm that bastard with my axe! Then go all out, for the kill!

(5vs4)
(5vs2)
(2vs2 Cunning) (Note, matched cunning rolls can provide more damage or allow a missed attack to deal half damage but provide no other benefits)

Ceruleaus brought his hammer down onto the back of Velligus' head, right as Velligus began to rise. Velligus' face bounced off the unforgiving sand, and he rolled to his feet, somewhat unsteadily. Velligus struggled to get Ceruleaus to stop being three people for a moment, then lunged forward, swinging his axe in a tight overhead arc. Ceruleaus brought his hammer up, trying to block with the haft, but he didn't get it up in time and took the blunted edge of the axe on his collarbone. Ceruleaus stumbled back a step, and the two combatants circled once more...
(Ceruleaus did 20 (!) damage. Velligus did 15 damage. You all are beating the shit out of one another.) 

Quote from: Kora
Trip Doctore, and as he falls, strike the back of his neck.

Quote from: Doctore
Charge at Kora, attempt to tackle her.

(6vs3*)
(4vs4 Cunning)
(7vs4*)
(4vs5 Cunning)

Doctore took a step back, then charged forward, lowering himself to catch Kora with a full body tackle, so he could slam her into the ground, and take advantage of his superior strength to pummel her. Kora saw his tactic, and almost got out of the way of the charge, but Doctore hooked his arm around her waist and took her down. She slammed off the ground heavily, but kept her wits about her. She drove the hilt of her sword down onto Doctore's head, splitting open the flesh messily. They writhed about for a moment, then pushed apart from each other, and scrambled to their feet...
(Doctore did 20 damage. Kora did 10 damage)

Doctore is mildly injured.

Spoiler: Players (click to show/hide)
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 15, 2013, 09:28:28 pm »

((-_-))

Kick his knees out. Cripple this SOB.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 15, 2013, 09:37:02 pm »

Dangit.

Bull rush him.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 15, 2013, 09:39:59 pm »

"Ouch, that stings a bit... Gotta make sure you don't hit me again."

Scoop a handful of sand off of the arena floor and toss it into Adnalsnah's eyes, before slicing up his arms with my daggers.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 15, 2013, 10:08:43 pm »

press my advantage, bring my axe down on his shield arm with all my might then bash him in the face with my shield, sidestep and sweep his leg as he charges at me
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 15, 2013, 10:45:33 pm »

So. While we wait for the last few players, how is everyone liking things so far? Any complaints about the system in general?
He's fucking with us.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 15, 2013, 10:46:33 pm »

I would REALLY like a helmet.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 15, 2013, 10:48:11 pm »

Velligus is going to have cauliflower ears, a multi-broken nose, and hooded eyelids by the time I'm done with him. :P

But seriously, everyone will have helmets for the actual combat. Unless you pick Retiarius or something that doesn't have a helmet. Then you deserve what you get.
He's fucking with us.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 15, 2013, 10:51:16 pm »

"Ha... ha..."
Sweep the legs!

(It would be nice if the vs. rolls were labelled.  Also I would prefer a present tense narration but if past tense works better for you, I can live with it.  Other then that, it's fine.)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 15, 2013, 10:54:14 pm »

(It would be nice if the vs. rolls were labelled.  Also I would prefer a present tense narration but if past tense works better for you, I can live with it.  Other then that, it's fine.)

(I meant to be narrating in present tense, I'll work on that one. I inadvertently finding myself added -ed to things. >.> It's an addiction. And I can label the versus rolls, but just assume the attacker roll is first if I forget. Cunning rolls are the same way, 'initiator' first. I'll start labelling them though. It made them feel clunky, to me, which is why I didn't do it. But brainfeel varies. :D ))
He's fucking with us.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 15, 2013, 11:01:52 pm »

Velligus is going to have cauliflower ears, a multi-broken nose, and hooded eyelids by the time I'm done with him. :P

But seriously, everyone will have helmets for the actual combat. Unless you pick Retiarius or something that doesn't have a helmet. Then you deserve what you get.

If someone chooses to be an Andabata... Too heavily armored to see, but too heavily armored to care.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 16, 2013, 12:13:56 am »

((Sorry...I'm having fun too XD))

Have to realign my nose...Must be skewed now...

Kora checked her stance, spread out and close to the ground as her muscles tensed, eyes waiting for any movement from her competitor. Her body was wracked with stinging pain, and fatigue in the arms and midsection but she still had to fight.

A wooden sword wouldn't do much but blunt trauma like a pole would, so she decided for an alternative - keep the scary strongarm away.

Rush and bash with shield, coupling it with a stab to the chest!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13