Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13

Author Topic: You are a Gladiator: Now with RPG mechanics!  (Read 19224 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Gladiator, Turn One: New Beginnings
« Reply #60 on: January 14, 2013, 10:43:32 pm »

That's a nice thing to hear, as I'm basically making up the system as I go, stealing bits and pieces from another RTD I've played, and filling the holes of what I need with whatever I think sounds easy and effective.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 14, 2013, 11:05:52 pm »

Stab the shoulder of his spear arm with my free dagger, and then knee him in the groin.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 14, 2013, 11:21:12 pm »

Swing my hammer in arcs so he can't get close.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #63 on: January 14, 2013, 11:24:53 pm »

That's a nice thing to hear, as I'm basically making up the system as I go, stealing bits and pieces from another RTD I've played, and filling the holes of what I need with whatever I think sounds easy and effective.
Don't we all the first time around? ;D

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 15, 2013, 12:39:56 am »

((Yeah, lack of free time. Blah.

Also...sword and shield?! Are you crazy-...Fine.

I'm thinking you don't see my name as the giveaway of my gender? :P))

Kora grimaced as she adjusted her stance, spreading her feet so as one was behind the other as she stood facing the man, holding her shield up in front of her and her sword at the ready. The fresh, warm trickle of blood was felt coming from her nose, and she was glad she wasn't one to speak much.

Preferably, acting instead. Steadying herself for an attack and awaiting for the Doctore to lunge, countering with an attack to the thighs, aiming to unbalance her opponent!

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 15, 2013, 01:48:13 am »

I'm going to assume Zenzet is still trying to throw his spear/get room to throw it, because I hate being patient. :P

Speeds and additional attack results:
Rhame versus Steveus: (2vs6) Steveus goes first and gets three attacks.
Kaiso versus Adnalsnah: (5vs3) Kaiso is first, and receives two attacks
Velligus versus Ceruleaus: (4vs5) Ceruleaus goes first, and receives only one attack
Kora versus Doctore: (5vs5) (Doctore will go first, because Kora cedes initiative)

dodge, block, retaliate

While he's still off-balance, swing at his head. Also swing at the side with my shield. Keep up the attack!

(6vs6, 6vs7, 5vs6, Attack rolls will always be first, meeting the defense roll will deal 5 damage and provide no special effects from cunning rolls)
(5vs4)
(Cunning 2vs3)

Steveus pounces forward, his flurry of blows dealing little damage, one blow merely grazing Rhame's shoulder, the rest bouncing off the shield, or parried by the axe. Rhame pressed his attack right back, and landed a heavy blow on Steveus' ribs, pushing him further off balance, but Steveus recovered too fast for Rhame to gain a real advantage. They eyed each other grimly now, each having scored a blow on the other...

Stab the shoulder of his spear arm with my free dagger, and then knee him in the groin.
Quote from: Zenzetzuken the Great
Kick some ass!

(5vs5, 5vs2*C)
(Cunning* 2vs1) (Yaaay! A cunning roll worked! :D Status affects, ho!)
(4vs5)

Adnalsnah pushed Kaiso back a step, opening up for his spear throw, but Kaiso bullrushed into him, throwing off Adnalsnah's aim and sending the spear flying wildly. Kaiso jabbed Adnalsnah in the armpit with one dagger, numbing that whole arm, and then brought his knee up solidly into Adnalsnah's groin. Adnalsnah bent over double, and vomited at the force of the blow. Kaiso had the upper hand for his next attack...

(Kaiso adds +2 to his speed roll next round, and will do an additional +5 damage to any attack that hits) (Note, that's a total of +4 to your speed. o.O)

Swing my hammer in arcs so he can't get close.
Tackle him to the ground and start pounding his face into oblivion with my bare hands and axe.

(7vs5*)
(Cunning 3vs1)
(2vs2*)
(Cunning 1vs2) (*Denotes attack that is modified by cunning results)

Ceruleaus, seeing the coming tackle, swings his hammer in wild, roundhouse swings, putting his whole weight behind each swing. The first such swing catches Velligus across the chin, quite squarely, in almost the same place as he'd been struck before. Velligus momentarily lost consciousness as he slammed into Ceruleaus, the pair of them collapsing into a tangle of limbs. Ceruleaus quickly shoved Velligus off, and scrambled to one side, and saw that Velligus was somewhat stunned by the heavy blow...

(Ceruleaus has done +10 additional damage and gains +1 to speed next turn, in addition to doing +10 damage to any strikes to the face for the rest of the fight. Bonuses will be fluff based, whenever possible. :P)

Kora grimaced as she adjusted her stance, spreading her feet so as one was behind the other as she stood facing the man, holding her shield up in front of her and her sword at the ready. The fresh, warm trickle of blood was felt coming from her nose, and she was glad she wasn't one to speak much.

Preferably, acting instead. Steadying herself for an attack and awaiting for the Doctore to lunge, countering with an attack to the thighs, aiming to unbalance her opponent!
Quote from: Doctore
Lunge forward, because you are predictable and unsubtle! Strike for her face!

(2vs2)
(2vs7*)
(Cunning 3vs2)

The Doctore lunged forward, his sword lashing out at Kora's face. She interposed her sword between her face and the attack, but Doctore was stronger. She split the side of her face open as her own sword bounced off her cheekbone, but the minor cut wasn't going to slow her down. Kora thrusted with the edge of her shield at the Doctore's inner thigh, but the attack glanced off at an oblique angle. It surprised him though, and he flinched back a step in surprise.

(Cunning roll allowed failed attack to deal half damage and negated defensive bonuses for x2 differences)

Doctore is relatively uninjured.

Spoiler: Players (click to show/hide)
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 15, 2013, 02:35:35 am »

hook rhames shield with my axe and pull it free of his grasp then strike him in the face with my shield and bash him in the side of the head with my axe.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 15, 2013, 02:41:08 am »

((>:( How dare you!))

Disarm that bastard with my axe! Then go all out, for the kill!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 15, 2013, 02:54:18 am »

Sooo if i understand this correctly i dealt 5 damage to rhame that turn because his defence roll matched my attack and he dealt 10 beacause i fumbled my block?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 15, 2013, 03:16:37 am »

Sooo if i understand this correctly i dealt 5 damage to rhame that turn because his defence roll matched my attack and he dealt 10 beacause i fumbled my block?

Yeah. His 5vs4 roll beat your guard. But your 6vs6 roll did half damage.
He's fucking with us.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 15, 2013, 03:34:06 am »

Quickly drop the hammer on his face, while he's still on the ground!

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 15, 2013, 03:58:44 am »

((You aren't on your feet either.))

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 15, 2013, 04:24:12 am »

(The bit about scrambling to one side made me think my character had got up.  Oh well.)

If on the ground, stand up first.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 15, 2013, 12:35:50 pm »

Why am I doing so freaking bad?  This just doesn't seem right!

>Dodge all attacks
>Get out of range
>Throw axe

(repeat until out of axes, when out of axes, if any are nearby grab them, continue throwing.  If pressed, defend with sword and strike back)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 12:38:40 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 15, 2013, 01:00:44 pm »

((You aren't on your feet either.))

((Standing is a free action. :P It's covered by the speed rolls.))

Why am I doing so freaking bad?  This just doesn't seem right!

((You're not actually doing too badly. Kaiso can attack much faster, which isn't doing you much good, but he hasn't really managed to do major damage to you yet. Next round might be... Rough, with his speed bonus, especially if he rolls a 6 and you roll a 2 or one for speed. Just remember, this is only sparring, so no permanent injuries will result.))
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13