Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19

Author Topic: Pokemon X & Y  (Read 36907 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon X & Y
« Reply #90 on: January 09, 2013, 02:43:36 pm »

Seeing that trailer made me more excited than it should have. I never played anything of gen V, so I haven't played a new pokemon game since D/P (unless you count SS/HG as new, I did play that). I really like the look of the new battle screens, if they can pull off unique and good looking animations for each attack it will be spectacular, I think. It might be the reason that pushes the 3DS from not worth it to worth it.

Also, with all the recommendations PMD got here, I might look into getting one of them. Which one would people recommend, if any?
Well, I loved red rescue team, I have the explorers of sky or whatever it was called too, but I liked it less. Mayby because I was older than when I got it and red was my first DS game (along with new smb). One big difference is that the town in red feels more towny and less camp-y.

(Oh, and friend arenas are pretty awesome too.)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 09, 2013, 02:44:20 pm »

Also, with all the recommendations PMD got here, I might look into getting one of them. Which one would people recommend, if any?
Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky had a really good story and good game play, it was also a bit longer than the first one I think.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

JWNoctis

• Bay Watcher
  • Definitely still alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 09, 2013, 02:45:26 pm »

Well, the first two was Gen III and one of them was on GBA with the other on DS, the latter two are Gen IV and both are on DS. There are also two more Gen V ones announced recently.

I'm not that qualified to judge about their stories, but both of the Gen III and IV duo had caused people to shed tears. But just like everything else, your mileage may vary.

Also, the last bits of fun I had was with my Espeon psybeaming at things screens away with a X-ray google equipped. Beyond visual range engagement at its best.

Ninja'd*3.
[LANGUAGE_2:ENGLISH:HOPELESSLY_BROKEN]
Adept Lurker

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 09, 2013, 02:54:23 pm »

The Gen IV ones had a more mature story if you're into that. I prefer them over the Gen III ones.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 09, 2013, 02:55:11 pm »

Seeing that trailer made me more excited than it should have. I never played anything of gen V, so I haven't played a new pokemon game since D/P (unless you count SS/HG as new, I did play that). I really like the look of the new battle screens, if they can pull off unique and good looking animations for each attack it will be spectacular, I think. It might be the reason that pushes the 3DS from not worth it to worth it.

Well, I loved red rescue team, I have the explorers of sky or whatever it was called too, but I liked it less. Mayby because I was older than when I got it and red was my first DS game (along with new smb). One big difference is that the town in red feels more towny and less camp-y.

(Oh, and friend arenas are pretty awesome too.)
Blue rescue team was the DS version, Red was on the GBA.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 09, 2013, 03:04:18 pm »

I feel this may be relevant. Last sentence of the second paragraph. Relevant moreso since if Pokemon Z does become a thing, I've been thinking its legendary will be a serpent/snake, to fit with the resembling-their-letter thing.

Sir, are you saying pokemon go to Valhalla/Fólkvangr?
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

dwarfhoplite

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentledwarves, prepare for Glory!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 09, 2013, 03:13:23 pm »

I'm a retard -  still don't know anything past the second generation.

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 09, 2013, 03:28:35 pm »

Thanks for the recommendations regarding PMD, I'll look into it see if I can get a hold of a cheap copy somewhere.

Regarding the Norse mythology connection to the legendaries, it could be pretty cool if exists. Norse mythology has some pretty cool stories and places to be inspired by.
Entropy is not what it used to be.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 09, 2013, 03:39:51 pm »

I've been meaning to get my hands on a PMD game as well, so thanks for the recommendations!
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 09, 2013, 04:13:57 pm »

I feel this may be relevant. Last sentence of the second paragraph. Relevant moreso since if Pokemon Z does become a thing, I've been thinking its legendary will be a serpent/snake, to fit with the resembling-their-letter thing.

Calling it if this theory turns out to be correct the cute legendary will probably be Ratatosk the squirrel.
It's FEF, not FEOF

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 09, 2013, 06:09:22 pm »

I'm a retard -  still don't know anything past the second generation.
Well, that's because anything past Gold and Silver simply doesn't exist. Don't listen to the crazies.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #101 on: January 09, 2013, 06:42:41 pm »

To be fair gold and silver is a pretty good place to stop. :P

Stuff kinda dries up for a while after that, admittantly I liked R&S but I realize I am in the minority.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 09, 2013, 06:44:30 pm »

To be fair gold and silver is a pretty good place to stop. :P

Stuff kinda dries up for a while after that, admittantly I liked R&S but I realize I am in the minority.
Emerald is my fav but I do like black and white 1 and 2
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 09, 2013, 07:09:42 pm »

Found something interesting on Pokebeach. Xerneas' eyes are red and blue, and have an X-shaped iris. This means that Xerneas contains color references to every single previous game. Red and blue in the eyes, gold and silver in the horns, ruby and sapphire in the horns, black and white in the legs... which makes me think that diamond/pearl are the blue body structure, but I'm not entirely sure on that part.

Gold, silver, ruby, and sapphire on the horns? To me it looks like red, blue, yellow, and beige.

And have we seen its other eye to confirm it's red? I looked at the trailer and I can only see the right one.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 09, 2013, 07:11:01 pm »

It looks blue to be in the picture linked
It's FEF, not FEOF
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19