Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 130

Author Topic: You are a new God  (Read 220889 times)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a new God
« Reply #1230 on: January 20, 2013, 06:53:46 pm »

manarack is an ore

uristiel is an earth god

can't he just, you know, create manarack

ask him.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: January 20, 2013, 07:01:20 pm »

Ah, i was wondering when we'd meet a goddess.

Greet her. Befriend her. Seduce her.
Um...NO SEDUCTION. At least not until we know her better.

And I advise greeting her and telling her we were greeting our neighbors. Ask if she knows Krait.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #1232 on: January 20, 2013, 07:02:00 pm »

Use the OOC thread. However, I don't think he can. It was described to be like the void, but "reversed somehow, giving rather than taking". I don't believe he could make manarack anymore than he could create the void.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: January 20, 2013, 07:02:12 pm »

And I advise greeting her and telling her we were greeting our neighbors. Ask if she knows Krait.
+1

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: January 20, 2013, 07:02:30 pm »

I think we can all agree to this course of action.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: January 20, 2013, 07:03:40 pm »

Seduce?  Do we even know if gods feel lust, love or any other emotion that would make that practical?
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: January 20, 2013, 07:05:15 pm »

We can try, once we have a good reputation with her. (you know it will happen anyway at some point)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: January 20, 2013, 07:06:58 pm »

Gods do it all the time in myths.

Oh, and I almost forgot, see if there's any problems we can help out with.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: January 20, 2013, 07:09:17 pm »

A goddess of light, the same sphere that Minas Iroh's former god had. Perhaps she could 'shed some light' onto who the dead god was.
if we feel comfortable about sharing with her we could tell her about our experience with the crumbling afterlife.

"my intentions... I hadn't given much thought on it, I suppose I am looking to meet my neighbours. Knowledge and light you say... maybe you could illuminate some questions I have been faced with. its about Minos Iroh's former god, a god of Light I have gathered... do you know what happened to him?"

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #1239 on: January 20, 2013, 07:09:40 pm »

A goddess of light, the same sphere that Minas Iroh's former god had. Perhaps she could 'shed some light' onto who the dead god was.
if we feel comfortable about sharing with her we could tell her about our experience with the crumbling afterlife.

"my intentions... I hadn't given much thought on it, I suppose I am looking to meet my neighbours. Knowledge and light you say... maybe you could illuminate some questions I have been faced with. its about Minos Iroh's former god, a god of Light I have gathered... do you know what happened to him?"

+1

We should at least give silk armor to all our valuable troops (Lieutenants, Lara, and the other worshippers). And we should at least try talking to Maher, why not?

+1

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: January 20, 2013, 07:10:38 pm »

My suggestions for the turn:

1) Just spend some time for an idle chat with the goddess, say her that you like her settlement very much and would like to improve Minas Iroh for that standard and express hope that there are no reasons to have conflicts
2) Grant 10 minor life boons to farmers, start making more plots for stems and melons
3) Visit our afterlife and chat with the souls should look for ones with useful skills and\or willing to come back into living
4) If some souls agree to become a bug cloud and have no great skills, infuse a soul into a firejackets cloud. first in afterlife, to create intelligent defender of the afterlife. Then infuse a soul(s) to the surface firejackets, making one or more intelligent hives, with properties varying depending on properties of the soul
5) Implant newly mined manarack into Tiberius, to make him stronger before the upcoming tournament
6) Tell trader to prepare to meet the dwarven caravan
7) other then that - save mana

looks like OOC thread  will not work :) As I expected
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: January 20, 2013, 07:12:18 pm »

Agreed, except I do not believe we should add a bunch of other war creatures to our afterlife. They are really the realm of angels.

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #1242 on: January 20, 2013, 07:12:49 pm »

My suggestions for the turn:

1) Just spend some time for an idle chat with the goddess, say her that you like her settlement very much and would like to improve Minas Iroh for that standard and express hope that there are no reasons to have conflicts
2) Grant 10 minor life boons to farmers, start making more plots for stems and melons
3) Visit our afterlife and chat with the souls should look for ones with useful skills and\or willing to come back into living
4) If some souls agree to become a bug cloud and have no great skills, infuse a soul into a firejackets cloud. first in afterlife, to create intelligent defender of the afterlife. Then infuse a soul(s) to the surface firejackets, making one or more intelligent hives, with properties varying depending on properties of the soul
5) Implant newly mined manarack into Tiberius, to make him stronger before the upcoming tournament
6) Tell trader to prepare to meet the dwarven caravan
7) other then that - save mana

looks like OOC thread  will not work :) As I expected

+1

I would say go to OOC thread if you disagree, otherwise, +1 things here. And post counter-proposals in this manner once we've worked something out.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: January 20, 2013, 07:15:16 pm »

The OOC is essentially for runoff discussion, while the thread is more for prediscussed ideas.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: January 20, 2013, 07:18:30 pm »

Let's continue to expand our capacity for military expansion, possibly making them hardy enough to just grow on their own, in almost any climate, as this war will likely take us to many different ones.  And let's get ready for this festival!  Woot woot! Partay!
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 130